Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Getsuga Tenshō

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
cosplay_prop___kadaj__s_souba_by_ladyravensque.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To sub Sasori melee weapons
  • Image Source:
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions:
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Sword
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Very Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Advanced Power Source: Designed with an iso-didact power source giving it a massive and long shelf life.
  • Force Affinity: The wood used for the sheath is infused and powerful for healing with the force.
  • Able to Block a lightsaber
  • Cutting Power: Designed to slice at the molecular level and through beskar or even vong crag armor with ease. It is one fo the few things that can slice Magnus metal.
  • Force Light: A jedi channeling the lightside of the force into the solarite metal can send it as a wave from their blade. It is powerful agaisnt sithspawn.
STRENGTHS
  • Laminanium: Designed like a Quellian ship the hull of the orbital platforms has a thin layer of the material to improve repairs and over time depending on the amount of damage it is able to patch itself up.
  • Force Blade: Infused with the force and able to counter sabers as well as absorb lightning.
  • Lightside Aura: With the weaved solarite metal, darksiders cannot hold the blade.
WEAKNESSES
  • Built in power source: Designed with its own internal power source that is long lasting but it is largely able to power the armor and systems of the vehicle but when damaged it is highly explosive.
  • Darkside: Powerful darkside attacks can damage the blade.
  • Force Nullification: Nullification effects can revert the blade to a normal sword.
  • Aura: The solarite metal makes the blade a beacon of the lightside.
  • Exotic Particles: Largely unknown and not seen in the galaxy before. It isn't invincible nor is it really strong but it reacts violently near dark and anti-matter which can disrupt and destroy it or even cause it to rupture and disintegrate.
  • Darkside: Bursts of darkside energy can weaken and shatter the blade.
  • Self Repairing: Built with a protective layer to patch the vehicle in the event of damage. The time table is dependent upon the amount of damage with smaller tears being easier and faster to repair then gashes which can take hours to reform.
    • Note: Only the layer can repair not the full plate armor itself the plating can be damaged still but the underlayer of Laminanium can reform and remain.
DESCRIPTION
Designed as a unique set of jar'kai blades the two katana's are actually one sword. Two blades close together with a hilt made for gripping and interlocking. Either at the ends to make it like a double bladed staff or to function as a double bladed katana. Matsu fashioned it to use weaving into the songsteel the crystal weave to allow her to connect with it and attune the blade to her own use. It will make the blade stronger for a time over the permanent ones that others might make.

The blades are made thin but strong and fit into the special wooden sheath made from the tree parts Matsu won at auction. The fairly substantial amount of wood added up and there was more then enough for several items she could make. Matsu work with the swords so they could be used to defend against non jedi opponents with reverse blades. The glow from the blades giving the sword an otherworldly look that fits with it as it serves the jedi masters purposes in several roles.

The blades have been infused more and more through the force and augmented. THe hilts of the swords are Ankarres wood and solarite metal that has been infused with the lightside of the force to a degree many have not been able to see. Through art of the small she has bonded exotic molecules created with the solarite metal to turn the blade into a channel of the lightside of the force. She has been able to work on it.. she has been able to develop many more advances with other blades. This one though improves channeling allowing force light to be sent in blasts from the blade with focus.

Last edited:
[member="Matsu Ike"]

So we're looking at a songsteel Force-imbued blade. Nothing wrong with that. Two questions:
  • The twelve threads - have any of those been used as dev threads for you before? Not saying I'd discount them if they are, I just want to get a feel for how much work was done specifically for this sub.
  • What benefit do you see coming from the Ankarres wood sheath? Same as standard Ankarres wood, or is there a difference?
OK, three questions:
  • It says Affiliation: Jedi and Production: Unique. So is it a single sword that belongs to all Jedi? Doing a sentence in the Affiliation field is completely fine if that'll help clarify things.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Jorus Merrill"] edited no it is meant only for Matsu and for the other questions. It is also not fully force enhanced, the quarter staff is the best example of temp force weapon over the general force imbued blades. When need be it can be enhanced with the force for a short time.

Jorus Merrill said:
The twelve threads - have any of those been used as dev threads for you before? Not saying I'd discount them if they are, I just want to get a feel for how much work was done specifically for this sub.
7-8 of them have not been used for anything yet but it does not say in the challenge that that is a factor. It just states assist in challenges so if it is that way can we make it clear please.

Jorus Merrill said:
What benefit do you see coming from the Ankarres wood sheath? Same as standard Ankarres wood, or is there a difference?
Awesome cool sheath that can produce calming effects.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

OK, so it's a partial Force-imbued blade effect causing +1 to Force Weapon? Makes sense to me.

I agree that the challenge isn't clear. Just collecting information for if and when it gets clarified (though I don't really see the need for a nailed-down standard on this). If over half those threads are things you haven't cited, that tells me you've done a good bit of work for this and aren't double-dipping in an egregious way.

I'm cool with what you've got so far. And bottom line, it's a songsteel sword. Not a lot of balance issues here, apart from the physical, you know, balance issues. (#dadjokes)

[member="Spencer Varanin"], I'm passing this one up. I don't see any serious issues here, just a fancy sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom