Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Gathering Powers

Matreya

Alyosha Drutin Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol Aesro Ashlin Hale Ashlin Hale Harley Quyn Harley Quyn Jairdain Jairdain Kazdaya Kazdaya Kosru Blodur Kosru Blodur Lyth Meran Lyth Meran Matreya Matreya

Matreya listened to the words of his friend, the man letting his words drift to the ears of everyone present. It was long, true, but covered the basics. They were opening to the Galaxy now. There wouldn't be a hiding factor any longer.

They were official.

Glancing to his side where Harley stood holding his free hand, he cast the other into the skies. Hitting the design there with his power, sent a floodlight like a small sun amongst those present. Both his sigil and the light were a dark Auburn, the difference between his and the Shadows being the dark to light.

Letting the blinding red bean die down he roared with the crowd that set out to initiate the now gargantuan party that would spread amongst the entire planet.

Any that wanted to inquire wouldn't need to search to find him. And they would find their own authority growing if they accepted their marks.

"So, lovely little thing, are you wishing to offer your services? You seemed to sense the call as I had." He said to Harley.

Ziro

I am the weapon!
Ziro sensed the approach of the GodKing before his speech began. He glanced to the man beside him, "I am not of an established tradition. I study martial arts as a means to better myself and protect those that need it.

"That's about it." Then came the words from the King. Ziro hid his confusion. Augmenting words to travel so easily was not something he had ever utilised or had been taught.

After the cheer went up and the crowds began to disperse, Ziro nodded to the robed man, "I am Ziro. It is a pleasure meeting one of sound mind in such strange times."

Vulpesen Vulpesen

SW "Well, quite frankly, I'm not sure it will even work, achieving peace?! Which will not be an easy feat by any means, if it's even possible. But of course, I think it would be a great thing for everyone. So I'm throwing my hat in the ring, what's the worst that could really happen, after all?"

Harley was often hoping to see Val as well, of course. But that was probably already obvious. She felt he had wanted to see her too. And if this is something he really wanted, which he obviously did, she definitely wanted to help. She wasn't sure everyone would agree, but that didn't mean she was scared of anything too bad coming of this.

"So," she said, looking up at Matreya. "Guess I gotta get a new tattoo, huh?" Harley said, with a dorky crooked grin on her face. She loved tattoos. And she was always ready for a new one.

Matreya Matreya

"You were probably told I'm dead, because I disappeared. I went into hiding, off the grid. I didn't know what else to do.... I wanted to die..."Ashlyn felt tears start to fill her eyes, and she paused from speaking to take a deep, shaky breath.

"I even started to wish that I had passed, right along with you. I never even let myself have a hope that your survival was even a possibility. I never stopped loving you."

As she spoke, she let Zaiden lead her by the hand as he excitedly moved about. He brought her face to face with a young looking man, and introduced his apprentice. "Hi, Aesro, I'm Ashlyn," she said with a smile, offering her free hand for him to shake.

As Zaiden spoke to the amassed crowd of bodies, she stood as close to him as she could, not wanting to be away from him at all, and entirety refusing to let him out of her sight. She didn't want to lose him again, either.

Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean Aesro

Last edited:

Kai and Gerda

K
The speech, while impressive in its scale and reach, only deepened Alyosha's confusion and annoyance. Was this all there was to it? He'd been summoned from across the galaxy just to hear a corporate head talk a lot of feel-good nonsense to a crowd of zealots? Was this some sort of cult meeting he'd been invited to by accident? Who did these people think they were, promising to bring balance to the galaxy?

But that couldn't be all. He seized upon Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean 's offer to speak to them individually, marching right up to the man as he was walking hand in hand with Ashlin Hale Ashlin Hale . If anyone else wanted to speak to him, they'd have to wait until Alyosha got some answers.

"Hey," he said loudly, diverting Zaiden's attention from greeting his guests. "You're Zaiden Dean, right? I've got a lot of questions for you." He crossed his arms over his chest. "I don't know you, but you seem to know me. Enough that you used your... power to call me here. So what do you want from me?" And what can you do for me? was the unspoken implication in his tone.

Last edited by a moderator:
After hearing what his host had to say, Kosru let his words filter through his mind. If this man truly meant to create a balance that no others could, who was Kosru to refuse.

Finding a fairly secluded spot in the area, Kosru examined the other guests, finding many to be chatting about, with a few stragglers like himself standing off to the side.

Zaiden smiled at the woman by his side as he spoke to several beings quickly in succession. One had to have the procedure done to his hand, marking Zaiden attaining a Shadow. The smell of scorching flesh was surprisingly absent, despit it obvious being some kind of burn.

Arching a brow at the brisk tone and attitude of the newcomer, Zaiden glanced at Ashlin, "Hes going to be a great Wrath." Turning his attentions back to the kid he smiled, "Son, I didn't summons you. I asked the Force to call to those that could beneficial for my cause.

"It called you. Now what would I want? From what I can sense of you, I'd want you as a Wrath and an apprentice. I would want to guide you in your dark powers, guide you in the light, and build up a being so unstoppable you rivaled my greater feats from my youth." He chuckled, "I would want you guiding my men, my general, my populations. I would feel protected knowing that in my absence you would take over with your fellow Shadows and Wraths.

"I can give you payment sufficient for whatever day to day tasks you may have, authority over billions, and help you achieve your true potential. If you will accept my authority, my mark, and agree to all of this insanity."

Alyosha Drutin

Vulpesen nodded to Ziro Ziro 's explanation, a small smile creeping to his lips as memories of days gone by passed through his mind. He'd known a few warriors who boasted such abilities and they had been more than a little fearsome to their adversaries. "Interesting. I never did prove very good at augmenting myself in that sense. But the wilds have been kind enough to grace me with a different skill set."

Finding the conversation interrupted by the King's speech, Vulpesen turned his ears to the words. They were words of justice and offensive defense. Words he had spoken and had followed for some time. Still, like minded words were not enough to sway the Valde to one's cause. Wrath was an interesting title for one's hand. As a jedi shadow, he'd learned many uses for the words and a shadow being known as a a power was rarely a good thing. All in all, the speech seemed well received among many, but to him, it sent prickle up his spine.

Promises of power and achievement at the cost of subservience. Maybe he was prejudiced towards those of dark inclinations. He liked to think that it was simply a tale he had seen too many times. Besides, he knew that accepting such a mark would call into question his allegiance to the Alliance, and to his own throne. It wasn't a badge this man offered. It was a brand. It didn't offer employment or alliances. It offered subservience.

Vulpesen's eyes narrowed as the crowd fell apart. He would mingle for now, and see what this party had to offer. After all, it wasn't often he got out and he hadn't fully made up his mind whether this budding faction was friend or foe. Eventually, Ziro Ziro 's introduction shook him from his thoughts. Turning to the man, Vulpesen offered a small bow of respect. "Valde Vulpesen Torrevaso of the Vitae Alliance, and Alphos of Veradune. The pleasure is mine Mr. Ziro."

Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean

A shadow came into the room in the form of an assassin. Bryn had been meeting with Zaiden off and on for a few years now and he had requested she be present for this meeting. Her natural eye looked across at the people present and when it fell on one person, her hand moved to the knife hidden in her armor.

Not drawing it...yet, she walked fully into the room. Purposely ignoring him now, she kept her other eye on him at all times.

"Sorry, I'm late, Master."

He had offered a place as his hand, one that would do his bidding. Taking up a place she felt was the best for her, she was able to watch those of the room and keep her attention also on Vulpesen.

Kai and Gerda

K
Alyosha reared back at Zaiden’s words, stunned. He recovered his composure quickly, endeavoring to hide his emotions, and his expression settled into a scowl. “You don’t know a thing about me,” he concluded. “You have no idea what you’re getting yourself into.”

He understood Zaiden’s offer to make him a Wrath as just another job, no different from his other mercenary work. The pay would be better and his position more stable, but he had no intention of sticking around permanently. Being trained as Zaiden’s apprentice also intrigued him, but it was of secondary concern.

Glancing at the small group of people surrounding Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean , he lowered his voice considerably, speaking just above a whisper. “I have a bounty on my head. My former employer is trying to capture me. If you want me to work for you, you’ll have to help me deal with my unfinished business first.”

His scowl deepened. “And if I do work for you, I won’t be branded like cattle—” He couldn’t resist casting a brief glance at Aesro . “Or a slave. If you need to find me, do it through normal means, not some mystical mark.”

Aesro

A
Ashlin Hale Ashlin Hale and Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean continued to talk though she did properly say hello to him even offering a hand. It took him a moment, remembering he was no longer a slave, before he actually shook it and smiled gratefully. There was a crowd to speak to, and a bunch more people coming in. One of which was Alyosha Drutin. Who also began speaking with Zaiden.

And his discussion was less then very respectful. Were Aesro still a slave guard, he knew what his reaction would have been. A threatening stance and a reach for his blade. However he was no longer one, which mean he didn't have to subscribe to that rule. However the man continued to be rude, Aesro really didn't have much to say.

He had requests to make, and yet scowled all along. He demanded not to be branded by cattle in order to become, the entirely optional, position of Wrath. Glancing at Aesro and then mentioning a slave. Aesro's eyes darkened and he felt a bit of anger inside of him grow, "What's the problem, is a simple burn too much to sway you from a position like this? How cruel life must seem to you."

His breathing had deepened, but Aesro didn't show many signs of hostility. He might have finally made an act of some slight aggression, but it was not one of violence. It was simply one of mockery. That a person would think that they could dictate terms to the person offering the position, as if they were actually completely necessary. He didn't care if Zaiden accepted him as a Wrath or not. But he knew that this mans pride was going to really get on his nerves.

To Aesro who had spent most his life as a slave, and a Zabrak slave specifically, that burn was like a pinch. But a pinch that granted so much freedom behind it, along with the authority, and the position as apprentice. A mark perhaps, but a mark that he was quite ready to accept.

Kai and Gerda

K
Aesro clearly took issue with the way Alyosha was addressing his... well, his master.

"I'm not afraid of pain," Alyosha replied, meeting the Zabrak's eyes with an even stare. "But I only just escaped one form of bondage. If this 'Grey Forces' of yours is going to use the same methods of control that slavers employ, I want no part of it. My respect has to be mutual, not one-sided."

Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean Ashlin Hale Ashlin Hale

CFyfshS.png
--I-- Playlist --|-- Ship --|-- Gear --|-- Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean

As the speech ended and the crowd around the speaker started to thin, Anse found himself suddenly pulled by the hand. Next thing he knew he was within spitting distance of the man and felt very uncomfortable. He unsettled him the same way Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter did, something about him made him want to bare his teeth and rip out his throat. He was a predator the same way she was and from the speech, off his rocker too. "My Lord Dean, may I introduce a new friend of mine the mechanic Anse Baenshoul. I convinced him to listen to what you had to say, but I don't think speech alone would move him so, I thought an introduction to be better."

The Lupine did his level best to reign in his instincts, looking to Samia with incredible irritation, but she didn't have her attention on him. "Th' lass speaks true, I am, but ye probably have thousands o' th' likes of me panting at your heels. So, I am hardly worth introducing."

He was out of place here with all these smooth folks in the fancy dress. Despite the finery he himself wore, wildness clung to him. His wolf wanted no part of these people or the predator in man's skin before them. However they would not run, would not show weakness to these sharks. He got smacked in the chest for that which made him huff with amusement. "He's a trifle cynical, don't mind his poor joke."

One eyebrow rose at this, a 'trifle' cynical? If the sea of salt he felt inside was a trifle, he wondered what she would consider more than just. Instead he kept his mouth shut at the retort he was going to make. The last thing he wanted was to spoil things for her and get himself skinned for a rug on the very floor he stood upon. Unbeknownst to him however, his own sleeping power was plain to see for those to sense it, even if its host was unaware.

Last edited:
Zaiden turned at Bryn's arrival, a greeting upon his lips, but before he could he noted a sense anxiety. She was ready for something to pop off. He couldn't quite make out who she was angry at.

"Bryn," He began, "What is wrong? Is someone-"

He was interupted. Pausing to listen to the words. It was disrespectful. The kid knew it. Most people that had ever attacked Zaiden, even verbally, had wound up perishing in harsh manners. It was lucky for the kid he was no longer the being he once was.

Next was Aesro, mentioning the insecurities spoken of. Zaiden grinned broadly at this bit.

"The same forms of control? You do understand that if one isn't to have a higher sway in issues, then infighting occurs? I have no plans to control everything. I will leave that to my Shadows, Wraths, and even the Body of the Forces. I am simply the final word when necessary." Zaiden began, then laughed, "I do not brand like cattle. Cattle have no say. They hold no control.

"What I offer is the marking of authority. A badge? Shows status. Same thing. This would be a means for true marking, to gift true authority. With my sigil, a small effort would see it glow. Should it glow, you prove how could it be faked?" He asked, "Even badges can be faked. Not my sigil.

"Long story short, you want to just be a merc? Fine. I'll find a means for you. You wouldn't be able to be the authority I offer, as those with the sigil are he ones who have it. Without, you are not." Zaiden offered a smile, "I will still offer to teach you. You would still be payed. You won't be as important, but I need men."

Another arrived. Two technically.

"I am in need of all men." Zaiden began to the new arrivals, "Especially one who exudes potential like yourself." Sensing the man's wolf side, Zaiden offered a small growl that rumbled through his throat. He was a lupine as well. Gurlanin. Many called him WolfMan when he was in his true form.

"I offer position, should you wish it, teachings to excel, should you like it, and stable payment, should you need it." Zaiden felt his eyes shift color visibly to an amber color for a moment.

"Aesro, take Ashlin to the bar. Get a drink." He stated, his eyes not moving from the lupine. Animals were dangerous. He wouldn't have Ashlin nearby if something went off.

"It's fine love. Bring me back something please." His voice to his love next showed no option for rebuttal. Do it. That was the point.

Aesro Alyosha Drutin Ashlin Hale Ashlin Hale Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol

Ziro

I am the weapon!
Ziro looked to the other, "The wilds? I have studied in the forest of Kashyyk, along other wilds. To which do you speak? Or the broader sense of the term?"

Watching as others began shuffling faster and faster by, trying to reach destination obviously further away, Ziro could only say out of the side of his mouth, "Alphos? Is this a term one should be aware of? Absolutely no disrespect meant, but it isn't one I am. I am however aware of Veradune. Never been though.

"Maybe I should go study there. I am looking for somewhere to plant my own roots for a time. People to work with." He continued, muttering, "A purpose."

It was clear he didn't agree with the present faction. Something was off to him about it.

Vulpesen Vulpesen

CFyfshS.png
--I-- Playlist --|-- Ship --|-- Gear --|-- Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean

Anse had to clamp down hard on his other half to keep from making the mistake of lunging teeth bared at the man. It had been a very long time since he met another of his kind or even anyone else who was wolf-born like himself. His sky blue eyes turned as gold as honey mead, but he stayed put, rooted to the spot. He grinned, showing teeth. "Oh, aye, I just need ta make th' simple trade of my freedom and life for your cause. Ye prattle on about how your vision for the galaxy will be so grand, but ye spit th' same spheal as th' rest of th' dozens or more waging war across the galaxy. What separates ye from them eh? From where I stand ye be th' same, bend th' knee or eat th' sword cuz my way is th' best way. Aye, I give respect ta th' laws pretty much, but I refuse ta give ye th' one thing I have tha' makes life worth living. Ye can offer me lots, but if I gatta trade tha'? No deal. I doubt ye would take a man who won't wear your leash."

He was a proud wolf and his lines were well dug, he'd fight and die to keep from ever bowing his head to someone who didn't earn his trust or respect. Samia looked up at him wide eyed and Anse could see she still didn't understand, but then do the sheep ever know what they gave up for their lives of protection? "It's nothing like that."

"Lass, it is. I've wandered th' wide galaxy, I've seen what war does and th' demands one petty warlord after another howls to their flock. Ye have a good life here, but me? I would not do well in a life of captivity, of demands and this is what he proposes for his vision. I can't fathom any being like myself throwing away his pride and freedom to wear some lofty crown while letting sheep willingly come to his teeth as he lays waste to the forest he hunts upon. And ye cannot understand why what he says goes against my very nature." He looked back at Zaiden. "I made my position clear, if you cannot accept th' likes of me then I'll take my leave and not ruffle your fur any longer."

To keep wandering the galaxy free of the demands of any one government was a hard thing to accomplish. The screams of the people around him echoed in his ears. The sound of the building that crushed his father. The stench of fire, of the dead burning, the wails of children. He lost his father because of some petty lordling wanting to impose his ideals on others. This man would be the reason more children lose their families in war. He would be the one ordering his own people to die for his selfishness. Only misery and pain walked behind him on this path of death and he wanted no part in it. He would not fight him, but nor would he aid him either. He would defend those in sight if they couldn't fight back, but join as a pawn in some war? No. Only fools threw away their lives for causes.

The price he would pay for bowing his head was too high.

Kai and Gerda

K
Alyosha retreated somewhat from the conversation after hearing Zaiden Dean 's response, standing with his arms crossed over his chest and a mask of aloofness over his face. Regardless of Zaiden's anger and annoyance, Alyosha was satisfied with remaining a petty mercenary. He would still press the issue of dealing with the bounty on his head, albeit at a later time when he could discuss the matter with Zaiden in private. Otherwise, he didn't care to lead an army or command a fleet into battle. It wasn't his style.

He listened as Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol spoke and found himself agreeing with the Lupine. Alyosha couldn't see why anyone with sense would swallow Zaiden's promises wholeheartedly. Those who joined him had to be doing it for their own personal gain, not because they believed in some naive vision of a peaceful galaxy. It simply wasn't possible, given the way things were, with so many warring factions vying over systems and planets like dogs fighting over scraps.

But then Alyosha's gaze was drawn to a rough-looking woman with dark hair, Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu , who lingered at the edge of the group. He'd heard Zaiden ask her what was wrong, and saw the way she crept around, her hand obviously poised to strike with a blade. Alyosha's guard went up. He didn't know who her target might be, but hadn't he just announced to Zaiden and those closest to him that there was a bounty on his head?...

Aesro

A
Aesro didn't break eyes with Alyosha Drutin, however Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean was speaking now so they also had another person ( Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol ) joining right in. Zaiden had a response for Alyosha, one that was mostly what Aesro was already thinking. So he was glad that he had no qualms with his masters response to the man. However this one wouldn't be the only person to put on a feeling of pride, as so did Anse as he spoke with him about what he'd seen and how he reacted to Zaiden.

Alyosha also seemed perfectly pleased with what this other accented figure was saying. Aesro spoke up again, "You wear a leash whether or not you realize it." he said with a cock of the head towards Anse. "No one is truly free of judgement and control. I had escaped my owners, slavers, killed them. I was looking for a way off planet and I was given that and more. But freedom itself is only partial, and only ever will be partial. In many ways I am more free in the position I am in now, then were I to refuse it and find some other way off Tatooine. People who refuse to be under others in return for never gaining authority aren't free, they're just putting themselves at the bottom of the food chain. I may have been a slave most my life but I've seen how people with power interact with others with power and interact with those who claim freedom, and yet are not. Even if you live alone on a world you are governed by the world itself, the rules of nature."

That was what Aesro believed anyway, perhaps it was a bit more philosophical then he usually was. Perhaps it was even a good deal more talkative then he normally was. But these people were permitted to speak so much in such ways as he did not like that he felt urged and prompted to react. As Zaiden told him to take Ashlin Hale Ashlin Hale for a drink he gave a simple nod, and glanced with eyes at the two who seemed so intent on gaining authority without any regard for being under another person.

He tipped his head towards the woman and smiled, ready to walk with her towards the bar.
"Ma'am," there was nothing else to say about it. It was not his order or request it was that of Zaiden to her and him. He was not telling Aesro to ask her, he was telling him to go with her away.

"The wilds are a rather general term. Among my people, the will of the wilds is often used as a name for the force. Though specifically, I come from the forests of Veradune's capitol. As for my title as Alphos, I suppose its basic counterpart would be King. Almost interchangeable with my title of Valde at the moment. Valde leads to alliance. Alphos leads the people. Though the alliance currently acts as the leading government so Alphos is more of an ancestral title."

Taking a moment from his speech to catch his breath, Vulpesen placed on an apologetic smile. "Sorry, politics is sometimes confusing and boring. But please, you are welcome to join me at my home on Veradune should you choose. We welcome guests who desire to view the beauty of our planet. The Wilders are always happy to teach, and the VSF is always looking for people who might wish to make the galaxy a better place."

His right ear flicked towards another voice in the room, its pointed tip facing towards Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu as they took note of each other's presence. As if the Valde needed another reason to avoid this growing cabal. He simply she or their host didn't send any of the loyal wraths or shadows after him. If so, he might need to redefine crashing the party.

Ziro Ziro

Kai and Gerda

K
The Zabrak simply didn't know when to quit. Alyosha listened to Aesro 's spiel about slavery, keeping his expression carefully controlled. But he couldn't keep the annoyance out of his tone when he replied.

"Let me guess," he began. "You killed your master, but you couldn't remove that pesky chip from your ferrocrete skull, so now you think that there is no way to escape anyone's chains." He wasn't sure how he knew that, but he decided to go with it. "Did it ever occur to you that other people have done what you couldn't, and in ways you can't even comprehend? That maybe your experience is not shared by everyone else in the galaxy, despite what you've seen through your own limited perspective?"

He snorted and shook his head, unable to believe that he'd fallen into the same trap of idiotic philosophizing. "Forget it. I don't want your sigil, Zaiden, because I've seen what happens when you give someone authority over you, only for them to throw you away like you're nothing as soon as it's convenient for them. If - or should I say when - the day comes where you and I don't have any more use for each other, I don't want to be marked as your lackey. I want a clean break."

Zaiden Dean Zaiden Dean

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom