Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ganging up.... really guys?

I'm familiar with what you reference, Subject 13, but it is a mostly pointless rule. Trust is what is necessary when RPing. And also, you must think as well that hits in SW are not the same as in fantasy. Very frequently even a small clip can knock one out completely. One does not really muscle through a lightsaber hit, even small. Your skin is being burned super fast, and you are likely to go into shock. Blaster bolts are more survivable, but also a similar case. Extreme pain. These are big crippling effects. Furthermore, watch any fight and you see them go many moves without hitting one another.

There is no reason to get hung up about people avoiding hits, to a point. But do not be in a rush to get hung up about that though. It can get frustrating when they get absurdly unrealistic in their dodges, but at the same time. Many of those dodges, if not dodges, are to stop from getting a kill shot. Now, I circumvent this by getting almost hit quite frequently (and I'm all about getting trounced, but I'm not going to take a hit that is going to basically end the fight when the fight is only a few posts deep. There is no tension in that, and it really comes off in a bland way) and as such my character's clothes get ruined.

Really. It is all about being reasonable, and not getting too frustrated by things. Even if the other guy is GMing incessantly, it can still be turned into a fun experience. Not to excuse bad behavior, but sometimes it is easier to just try and make the most of the experience and then afterwards go "hey, maybe next time don't be so heavy handed in these regards." It'll increase your relationship, and can make for a much better experience.

And Darren, I can sympathize. Being ganged up on can be rough. However, fighting against those odds. Trying to avoid the situation. Escaping for your life. Those have their own joy. In fact, I remember one time where it was looking like I was going to end up 1v6 in a thread. And I was actually looking forward to it. Then the battlefield got destroyed and it never happened. It actually ruined the thread for me. So, while I understand why you are frustrated, I would suggest possibly looking at the situation from a different angle next time. Look for the opportunity. I promise you'll probably find some really cool possibilities that way :)

Selena Halcyon said:
I'm familiar with what you reference, Subject 13, but it is a mostly pointless rule. Trust is what is necessary when RPing. And also, you must think as well that hits in SW are not the same as in fantasy. Very frequently even a small clip can knock one out completely. One does not really muscle through a lightsaber hit, even small. Your skin is being burned super fast, and you are likely to go into shock. Blaster bolts are more survivable, but also a similar case. Extreme pain. These are big crippling effects. Furthermore, watch any fight and you see them go many moves without hitting one another.
There is no reason to get hung up about people avoiding hits, to a point. But do not be in a rush to get hung up about that though. It can get frustrating when they get absurdly unrealistic in their dodges, but at the same time. Many of those dodges, if not dodges, are to stop from getting a kill shot. Now, I circumvent this by getting almost hit quite frequently (and I'm all about getting trounced, but I'm not going to take a hit that is going to basically end the fight when the fight is only a few posts deep. There is no tension in that, and it really comes off in a bland way) and as such my character's clothes get ruined.
Really. It is all about being reasonable, and not getting too frustrated by things. Even if the other guy is GMing incessantly, it can still be turned into a fun experience. Not to excuse bad behavior, but sometimes it is easier to just try and make the most of the experience and then afterwards go "hey, maybe next time don't be so heavy handed in these regards." It'll increase your relationship, and can make for a much better experience.
And Darren, I can sympathize. Being ganged up on can be rough. However, fighting against those odds. Trying to avoid the situation. Escaping for your life. Those have their own joy. In fact, I remember one time where it was looking like I was going to end up 1v6 in a thread. And I was actually looking forward to it. Then the battlefield got destroyed and it never happened. It actually ruined the thread for me. So, while I understand why you are frustrated, I would suggest possibly looking at the situation from a different angle next time. Look for the opportunity. I promise you'll probably find some really cool possibilities that way :)

Yeah. Lol. Not much i can say here.

The only reasonable opportunity for a 1v6 fight with a character like mine would be to turn myself into a bomb and hope to take out as many of my attackers with me as possible...my teachers always did say I was creative then looked at melike this: 0_e

Yes i do enjoy having a fight between more than one person. it gives me a challenge. my concern was i was left behind from multiple posts. I was left behind and thats what caused the huge build up. and made it really hard to think abou how to escape it (I did find a way)

i would just rather that people give others time so it wont build up on them.

Boo force teleport, lamest thing ever :p

Nah, I was going to use the environment. It was going to be cool. Wasn't going to win, but it was going to be fun as can be. To give a bit of a teaser, it was going to happen in the senate chamber. So running around all over Senator pods. Dodging blaster fire, throwing pods around. Explosions everywhere. It was going to be ballin'!

And yes, people moving on a lot past you when you are the opponent can be less than courteous (though, keep in mind, I haven't looked at the specific case, so this is a general response not a specific one.)

I know where you are coming from but if you read it there are 2 platoons, like 5 sith that were knight rank. and one smuggler.

all against me and one other. the attacks they were using was a force poison/corruption, 3 were rushing us and the troops were about to open fire.

Dang, that sounds brutal. And overkill. I might be inclined to ask them to tone that down, personally, but I'm also one who looks for as little OOC conflict as possible.

And that's pretty hilarious, 13, not sure that's too SW like though :p

If you write about your character taking a dump, no one will attack you... and if they do, blast them with Force Butt Cannon where you turn around bend over and launch a high pressured hose of "stuff" at them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom