Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission [GA | NJO] Stopping the Weapon

Aschwin Vethres

A

MOSHED-2022-9-11-0-58-3.jpg

X5Yx2PB.png

Caedyn Arenais refused to leave the facility and the Imperial Knight could respect that to some degree. But he had a job to do in defending this facility from intruders and he would follow that to the letter. If the man believed that he could take on two experienced Knights by himself and survive than he was even more foolish than Aschwin believed. Raising his lightsaber within the traditional makashi salute to commend the brave man before action could commence. A single click of a button within his lightsaber switched the crystal to a Kasha with it helping to clear his mind of all distractions even during the tense combat that was to follow.

Aschwin would make the first move and attempt a single thrust to test the man's guard. Before following it up with a light strikes of makashi to look for openings within his defense. He left enough room within his striking motion to allow Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis to attack as well. Although he noticed that Alek Morozov Alek Morozov had left them presumably to grab a weapon to defend himself with.

Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin
Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Be careful what you wish for.
As long as someone remains standing with a noble heart there will always be a way for good to triumph over evil.”— Chris Colfer

Nope, we’re not. You want to run now and tell your bosses.

Sure, the spy was talking to Aveline and not Caltin, but the comment was the same. They had places to be and while this guy looked to be able to handle himself in a fight, he was not heavily armed, nor was he carrying any kind of “light” weapon. They had places to be as he was already on his way.

Let’s go, kid. We’re sticking together.

Sure, he was turning his back on the guy and he would not speak of Aveline’s name, she deserved her chance at privacy(Caltin did not know what her life entailed during her absence, maybe she found “someone”). Either way, he wanted to get this done and if they were found already, then they had to move. The main nucleus of the facility was further in and the big man did not know if anyone else had gotten further in. This place was massive, so while it was possible that everyone involved was making progress, it was more likely that none were at this point.

TAG ALLIES: Aveline Cuiléin | Ari Naldax | Silas Westgard | Corin Trenor
TAG FOES: Aschwin Vethres Melvain Braxis Alek Morozov

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

"An avoidance technique." She flashed him a look and matched his sarcasm. "Very sustainable."
Gabe winced and tried to pretend like he was looking around at the tall grass for predators. The grass was moving oddly off to the west but he ignored it and tried to listen to his Master with half an ear.

"If you were gonna teach me about barriers and deflecting Force attacks, why'd you take me all the way out here?" They were in the Scar Worlds for Force sake. She could have taught this to him anywhere - and weren't they supposed to be in the capital or something to make sure the talks went well? What was her game?

Something out there was making him more nervous than usual and he wasn't sure if it was the uncomfortable conversation or just the fact that it had only been three rotations since the last attempted Bryn'Adul raid.

MOSHED-2022-9-11-1-4-15.jpg

// Imperialist Member Fortemps //
//
Lothal //
//
Focus // Alicio Organa Alicio Organa // OPEN //

"I'm looking forward to it, Senator."

She reached out and took his gloved hand, shaking it firmly. He seemed a pleasant enough man, many senators in the Galactic Alliance seemed to have an ego and caution about them when it came to politics. The Imperialists were probably the main example above all when it came to being standoffish. It would be nice to work with someone more agreeable.

A nice change of pace.

"I'm hoping we won't be far from home myself, but they hardly seem willing to expedite things from my time spent here." Arms folded into one another as she softly eyed some of the local diplomats. "They imagine us desperate to keep the Doonium out of Imperial hands and are using this to twist our arm, gouging us on prices and deals in most negotiations. And those are the politicians that are actually willing to work with us to secure a deal."

The Galactic Alliance had its significant influence, but even that hardly carried as far out to the outer rim as one would like. So they needed to reach an agreement the old-fashioned way, through words and handshakes.

"In any case, I am here only as a representative. If there is any respect I can help you out with please, don't refrain from asking. The sooner we can secure the materials away from the Empire the better."

I — Raiding the Refinery | Alek Morozov Alek Morozov

Aveline let out a surprised yelp. She barely managed to get out of Alek's way, coming up to the side of the wall. She hadn't sensed him, perhaps she had allowed her focus to shift elsewhere. It had obviously startled her, but the apology had reflexively drawn on her a smile. That is to say before she managed to remind herself No Aveline, Imperial facility.

"No I don't. Do you?" she said. And then, for reasons she could not even fully understand, she followed it up with "What does it mean to belong anywhere?" What.

Nope, we’re not. You want to run now and tell your bosses.
Right, that made way more sense as a response, she thought. Why couldn't she have thought of something like that.

As much as it made sense to her to move on, the thought of turning her back to an armed opponent didn't feel safe. "I wouldn't try using that if I were you" she said, with a gesture towards the weapon he held. The gesture was raising her hands as if to, well, gesture. The real reason was an excuse to raise her hands, and by drawing upon the Force attempting to yank it free of his grip.

It'd be a quick matter to resolve, she thought, convinced she'd be right on Caltin's heel. What could possibly go wrong...

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Aschwin Vethres Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis

Refinery
(Speaking with Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin , the shooting begins!)

Allies: Aschwin Vethres , Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis
Enemies: Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin , Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

X5Yx2PB.png

Not one, but two intruders. A hazardous enough thing in isolation, but the information gleaned by a surveying glance at the two only compounded dread upon concern. Jedi, by the look of them. A Master and a Padawan, perhaps? Or two fully fledged knights? The latter was the safest of the two assumptions in the end. Overestimating an opponent was far safer than the alternative. Alek knew that better men than him had been undone by that very fallacy.

Keeping the blaster in hand, pointed relatively harmlessly to the floor, had been the right move in the illuminating light of the present. Opening fire with nothing but a blaster pistol on two Jedi would have ended as swiftly as it began. Even with the element of confusion that the previous moment had offered. One could have been wounded, the other would have taken swift vengeance. Now there was a situation that Alek most certainly sought to avoid.

"Nope, we’re not. You want to run now and tell your bosses."

Fully aware of the silence on his part as the intruders spoke, Alek’s silence was now broken by a retort to the words of the ‘big one’, with an exaggerated moment of feigned pondering flashing across his expression. “It sure is a long run to Bastion from here. I don’t think I’ll be doing that.” The facade came to an end with a shrug of the shoulders. “I reckon they already know what is happening by now.”

Now that as a bluff if there ever was one. The Empire would learn about this assault, but the question was when? Especially when the assumption of communications being knocked out or jammed had to be made. It was what the ISB would have done if the shoe was on the other foot. Communication Blackout. Then intrusion.

"No I don't. Do you?" she said. And then, for reasons she could not even fully understand, she followed it up with "What does it mean to belong anywhere?"

An irrepressible smile of his own came into being at those words. The very prospect of a conversation such as that overshadowing the consequence of the situation here and now for a fleeting moment. This one was clever, that was apparent. "That is the question we all must ask ourselves. Yet my question still stands. What are you doing here? No, better yet, what are you here to do? To claim lives? Or something more...noble?"

As it turns out, she was more clever than Alek could have imagined, as he learned to his peril in that following instant. How natural the raising of her hands had been, as seemingly innocent as complimenting the words they accompanied. Alek never suspected a thing until it was too late.

"I wouldn't try using that if I were you"

All that spared Alek from being disarmed of his sidearm was that lingering bad habit of his, unbroken from him much to the ire of every firearms instructor he’d plagued at the Imperial Security Bureau Academy. That being a finger resting on the trigger of the weapon itself as opposed to harmlessly upon the trigger guard itself.

That habit also proved to be the catalyst to what followed. Alek’s arm raised as the blaster was manipulated by unseen force, the reflexive yank of the arm back in opposition paired with the finger resting on the trigger sent a wild shot screaming from the barrel. A shot aimlessly fired in the general direction of the intruders.

Be careful what you wish for.
As long as someone remains standing with a noble heart there will always be a way for good to triumph over evil.”— Chris Colfer

Already well down the hall, he wasn't stopping. Aveline could waste time talking to him if she wanted to, she was more than smart enough to catch up, but they were on the clock. Then the guy spoke up loud enough to hear.

Ooooo Clever Facetious witticism detected!

See, he could be funny too, sometimes. This guy may be dangerous in his own right, he could bluff like no one’s business, after all, if they knew what was going on there would be a lot more defenses than there already are. It did not matter at this point because the dye was cast and things were set in motion. This was not the best way to approach this situation, but they were going to make it happen the best way possible.

Halfway down the hall, he stopped, pointed and asked…

Your reactor coolant system, it’s down this way, right?

Now that was a “bluff”, no use destroying the place, they could do something that would ruin the stock… somehow.

TAG ALLIES: Aveline Cuiléin | Ari Naldax | Silas Westgard | Corin Trenor
TAG FOES: Aschwin Vethres Melvain Braxis Alek Morozov

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

osarlalothal.png

LOTHAL | BYOO
Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce
4Mr5E7n.png
Osarla made a face, looking at Gabe's wandering expression. Pettish and quick, he spoke with a level of disrespect that might never have blossomed between them if she hadn't ventured to evolve her role from Aunt to Master. But they were here. And she was the best suited for both roles. She had to be.

"If you were gonna teach me about barriers and deflecting Force attacks, why'd you take me all the way out here?"

He was small again, something to watch and look at as something to grow and cultivate, and she smirked instead of frowning — choosing to focus on his mannerisms rather than his murmurs.

She met his question with one of her own: "Would you be so aware of your surroundings if you were somewhere familiar?"

Drawing in a deep breath, she paused.

"It is the connection we're exploring. The foundations.

What is it you sense now?"

MOSHED-2022-9-11-1-4-15.jpg

OBJECTIVE II
CAPITAL CITY, LOTHAL
- Adriana Fortemps Adriana Fortemps - Open -
"They're not entirely wrong," Alicio replied, his voice dropping in volume conspiratorily. "Here we are, our arms twisted and our prices gouged, and we haven't left the table yet."

Not that the dourly-dressed senator seemed particularly pleased by that fact. "Still, I wish they would see it's in both our best interests and theirs to begin a contract with the Alliance. If only for the safety of Lothal." Alicio folded his own hands behind his back, hiding them within his cape.

The Count frowned at the representative, mulling something over in his head before making it known. "If you could, I wouldn't mind your opinion on the negotiations. What do you think is the best angle to come from?" The Count twisted his lip. "My approach has seen... limited success."

"Do you think there's anything we can say to change their minds?"

Caedyn Arenais

C

Objective 1: Raiding the Refinery

Apparel: Jedi Garments.
Weapon: Armistice Staff Lightsaber | Thermex charges.
Engaging: Aschwin Vethres.
Nearby Hostiles: Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis | Alek Morozov Alek Morozov .

There would be no further asking for time as Aschwin Vethres proved unwilling to stall any further. The Imperial Knight moved ahead to engage Caedyn with an initial single thrust of his lightsaber, to which the Jedi Knight parried with the blade centred on his right side, hands raising, moving the hilt of his staff left in order to contest the first attempt in order to correct it's course away from Caedyn's mid-centre; Stepping back as he did so in a defensive movement, bringing the lengthened hilt under his left arm so that the blade had lowered to the ground and the other illuminating his back in bright cyan light.

Aschwin moved to continue to test the Jedi's defence, his form swift and precise, a makashi user if ever Caedyn had seen one. The Jedi Knight continued on the back foot while bringing the hilt around to his front, hands rotating the weapons centre so that both blades would spin as his left heel would dig into the floor and give him cause to pivot, momentum aiding the dual-bladed weapon to sweep around, blades a blur with horizontal form, sparks flying from the walls and floor as the lengthy weapon met with the surrounding corridor as the Jedi Knight not only sought to deter the next successive strikes but also give the Imperial Knight reason to falter in his pursuit; if only for a momentary reprieve.

The Imperial Knights strikes would be forced low due to the swift spin of the two blades, meeting each strike as Caedyn continued to step backwards with a tempered pace, keeping in mind his proximity to the Makashi user who he knew could land a fatal blow if even one of them struck his centre. The Form was as graceful as it was deadly.

"Would you be so aware of your surroundings if you were somewhere familiar?"

Gabe frowned at that. No, no he wouldn't be. His thoughts would have wandered off thinking about the last holocron he'd looked through in the archive, or specs of an upcoming CEC freighter, or - as they had started to drift more often recently, towards Ayra Lowe Ayra Lowe and what new rule or curfew she was hellbent on breaking or the quiet thoughts of Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo , always with her knowing smiles that confounded him, leaving him feeling as if he'd been left out on some joke. Though now that he thought about it, Daisy wasn't exactly one to make jokes at others' expense.

No, he would not have been more focused at the Temple. But he hardly thought that looking over his shoulder every five seconds was a productive way to learn how to concentrate. But it was obvious this was one of those adult questions that didn't require an answer. She already knew the answer. She was almost as good at reading him as his mother. So he didn't answer and instead closed his eyes and fell into the endlessness that was the Force.

The tall grasses of Lothal were all around him, reaching up to the stars and obscuring everything from view. It rustled and a small head poked through to meet him, a white Loth-Cat. Their eyes met and a wave of understanding hit him.

He flinched.

"There's fighting going on somewhere on the planet," he muttered. In his mind's eye, he saw the Loth-Cat hiss and cringe back into the grasses. "It's disturbing...Something. Something old. Something tired." He chased after the Loth-Cat, falling deeper into the fields of the Force. He followed the rustling grasses until he fell out into a clearing. A strange group of stone spires loomed above him. He could hear echoes. Other Jedi? Past Jedi? Back outside he grimaced in frustration. He tried to reach out and touch the stones and-

"Master," he said, voice only a little frightened. "I think we're surrounded." He opened his eyes and watched a small brown Loth-Cat exit the grass into their clearing.

Last edited:

Aschwin Vethres

A

X5Yx2PB.png

Aschwin had a small amount of concern on his face as the fight between them was quickly picking up and it seemed no one had the clear advantage when it came to the duel. Caedyn Arenais was proficient with his blade and left little to no openings within his impressive defense for him to exploit with his makashi. However, it would seem that his mastery over the style had caused the jedi to go on the back foot with each strike from his blade.

He was careful to deflect each strike from the man's staff saber with the very tip of his curved blade to deflect them elsewhere. Aschwin noticed that his blade was being deflected low with each strike. Which gave him an idea, ever so slightly advancing with each strike until he changed his style mid-strike into his non-dominant hand to slice at the man's leg using the curved blade to angle the strike under his guard.

Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis and Alek Morozov Alek Morozov were doing their own thing at this time, and he would catch up with them shortly. Moving his unoccupied hand forward into a force push against the man before returning the blade to his dominant hand to carry on his attempt at killing the jedi before him.

I — Raiding the Refinery | Alek Morozov Alek Morozov
It was meant to be routine, to be simple, but it turned out anything but. Caltin no doubt expected that, same as Aveline. She ought to have them covered. Had the blaster bolt connected with her, Caltin no doubt would've felt it and rushed back, but it didn't. She'd have to link up with him later. In the end, suppose that worked out better for Alek.

Instead Aveline found herself seated. The blast had caught her off guard, her hands up as if to shield herself. On reflex she'd not so much thrown herself to the ground as dropped down on her bum. Had the bolt been aimed for her, no way she would have dodged it but she was lucky in that she found herself unharmed, though at a less than ideal position.

«Rude» she remarked. From here on she would have to act fast. She imagined if she made any sudden moves he'd fire again, and this time while aiming. Yet she would't surrender like this… Calling upon the Force, the hilt of her lightsaber flew to her grip and ignited immediately, ready to try to deflect anything coming her way.

«This is all a drill. We're really Imperial Knights in disguise» she paused for a moment. «No? Didn't think so…»

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Aschwin Vethres Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis

osarlalothal.png

LOTHAL | BYOO
Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce
4Mr5E7n.png
Osarla remained silent as Gabe searched through that which Lothal had to offer. She'd anticipated a response about the nature of the planet, not one that stretched so far as to where small handfuls of the Defense Force were stationed. Just enough personnel to cover the dispatched Jedi teams and show the harmony The Alliance so dearly sought.

The blades of grass, dancing in the wind, threatened to swallow the teenager entirely as he let himself wander through the threads of Lothal. What he saw, she could only interpret through his words.

Something old. Something tired."

A frown settled, and the nerves that edged his tone heightened her awareness. Mentally, she considered the locations she knew Alliance personnel were touching down upon.

"I feel it too." Not to the point of an exchange with a Force creation, but enough to feel general distress based on the pointers from her student.

Gabe gestured vaguely as though reaching for something unseen. That which crept toward his hand was a response as if from the planet itself, a Loth-Cat that hadn't been there before suddenly seemed curious by the travellers.

"All the more reason to be prepared," Osarla answered, her tone steady, and she took a step forward toward the curious creature who sniffed its way to her Padawan's feet. It seemed cautious but eager. She did not yet reach for the sabres at her belt.

"The creatures here are deeply connected to the planet." She spoke while watching the tiny-eyed critters move around them. The little feline on spindly legs circled Gabe once, then Osarla, and then stepped out to the left. Indicating the tall beehive shapes in the distance.

A second cat, with markings like the first, appeared at the perimeter. It seemed as interested in the direction as its fellow hunter.

"The Force doesn't often speak in coincidences. Something old and tired sounds ancient. Something as connected to The Force as these cats." She pointed in the direction of the shadowed spires. One stood taller than the rest. One created by the Jedi long, long, long ago. "Is it we who are surrounded or... "

Caedyn Arenais

C

Objective 1: Raiding the Refinery

Apparel: Jedi Garments.
Weapon: Armistice Staff Lightsaber | Thermex charges.
Engaging: Aschwin Vethres.
Nearby Hostiles: Melvain Braxis Melvain Braxis | Alek Morozov Alek Morozov .

Aschwin Vethres continued to gradually push in his attack, making calculated strikes while Caedyn Arenais remained on the defensive; Ever the Jedi. It wasn't until the Imperial Knight changed his tactics so suddenly, that the duel took a turn.

The Jedi Knight continued to use the forward blade to parry the Imperials strikes low and away from his front. Two. Three strikes. The fourth caught him off guard and Caedyn barely had the time to save face. Precious few seconds passed by as Aschwin swapped the hilt of his lightsaber over to his other hand and quickly struck out towards Caedyn's left leg. He saw the change in tactic, studying his opponent carefully and yet failed to launch himself backwards in time, a quick evasive dash yet not enough to keep the Imperial's blade from contact.

The Lightsaber blade easily burned through flesh and fabric, a significant depth yet not enough to reach the bone. Caedyn shouted in pain and shock as he stumbled, his hands clenching the hilt of his lightsaber tightly while he continued to back away, wanting to put some distance between them. His hands moved to work the locking mechanism of his staff saber, disconnecting the large hilt into two for added defensive capability while his eyes looked to the gash across his lower thigh. The wound had been cauterized within an instant, yet the pain coursed throughout his left side like a hot knife.

This was most unsettling, to say the least. His maneuverability had been stifled, and while he was engaging only one opponent, for the time being, there was two present. Standing upright some more, Caedyn tested the legs ability to carry his weight for a brief time. He could walk but ever intensive movement would bring him pain throughout the rest of the fight.

"You have good form..." Caedyn complimented Aschwin, though his enthusiasm was lacking. It had been a long time since he had shared in such a skilled duel. Perhaps too long.

Moving to prepare himself once again, he placed his right foot forward and brought the blade in his right hand to be held horizontal at chest height, while his left hand held the other lightsaber pointed towards his opponent, just elevated shy of the other blade in a readied stance.

Gabe didn't move. He flinched when one of the loth-cats sniffed at his boot. He'd seen the creatures before plenty of times. They were a popular animal in children's books and his father had a wood carving of a loth-cat, loth-wolf, and convor. It was some sort of Force-related relic that he had never understood.

"The Force doesn't often speak in coincidences. Something old and tired sounds ancient. Something as connected to The Force as these cats." She pointed in the direction of the shadowed spires. One stood taller than the rest. One created by the Jedi long, long, long ago. "Is it we who are surrounded or... "

His master didn't usually get all...mastery like this so he decided to take her words to heart and nodded in agreement. The second cat sauntered past them in the direction of the beehive-like mountains. The grass around them shook as mews came from other loth-cats, the migration towards the structures obvious now.

"Do we follow them?" He asked his master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom