Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion GA Dominion of Teyr - Teyr Drops in my Eyes

jl74BNcpPmmPQuvkVSecKPK_JWIphHU8ENUZ1O8EgLpwpvF948Q5IYk5pwThcPm5WfcHSB9R1oQ4IAWvUQ7e3shLQII5JUdVVPnWdFxlhqLRB_rg4KCvTDVFYnugjhMqWvBJ_m2G6hRcXBkwCw

“You only live once, they say…

Which is why Mobquet Swoops and Speeders is proud to present the second Fastest Land Beings Podrace!”

What remains of the galaxy’s records state that the first Fastest Land Beings race was declared in 22BBY, centuries prior to the destruction of Csilla and the dawning of the Second Great Hyperspace war. In the modern day, with the year 874ABY drawing slowly to a close, Mobquet has rediscovered the ancient competition, electing to host its revitalization in the same stadium as its predecessor. In addition to drawing crowds of Teyrian locals and extra-planetary tourists, the company has invited senators, jedi, and military personnel from its neighboring Galactic Alliance– a gesture of good faith as Teyr prepares to enter into its ranks.

[Objective I - Kenteryrcky Derby]

A secured booth in the arena has been reserved for a party of Alliance senators and a team of representatives from Teyr’s governing body. Senators on both sides are encouraged to mingle and form important connections as a new age dawns on the planet.

[Objective II - Shake ‘n Bake]

6Mb2j7qqJ3AgRi_JEEbekkOlBhwJqP-xlv-XJ0yd8-PWstIuNUmuuih623fRE_fq4g-Cq-BZL4xoxk-UDjzv01e35Ve8sIlK4fLjixQTmERo_cNj-IBNhzP94-Q0aM5U1Z9BG-D6DCaTJVPQOw

Leading in the festivities are the fastest land beings themselves. Racers gather at the arena’s starting line, preparing to rocket down a newly laid path through the streets of Pyre Folas, into the depths of Teyr's grandest canyon. Caution and ingenuity is key as participants weave around protruding rock spikes and under rising overhangs.

Fire up your repulsors and hit your thrusters, racers.

WbvIh7e9EseJqVvq5uFP0bCJCsAC0rY9ShR46FvS7cW7__rZareYtkA46RVM6LYrfrqoPRBe0HP25l39ZSKo4avIO0D2hQQTEprmwEujCM43wiGjMEi5fOJJwpvr-WLjPEdcBLtwfsnjqqqvsw

[BYOO]

Join the crowd to watch the race’s proceedings, or lead your own adventure. Whether on the surface of Teyr or many light years away, the galaxy has endless stories to offer.

ContestantsLeg 1Leg 2Leg 3Leg 4Total
Jax Thio Jax Thio 0?
Caoimhe Crannach Caoimhe Crannach 151910
Davron Feln Davron Feln 129
Hex Hex 187
Dani Stellaris Dani Stellaris 819
Joseph Torson Joseph Torson ???
Shar Sieu Shar Sieu 1814

Last edited:

Objective: Win corpo credits
Tag: other racers, Daiya Daiya and Spirit of Integrity Spirit of Integrity

Poor Hex hears voices in her head

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Hex had not done anything quite like this before, she had her repulsor board so she was used to speed, but competitive racing on a powerful pod, that was new. At least she was a good, no, wrong word, confident, driver who had enhanced reactions and very little sense of self preservation, the perfect pod racer. She looked over at Daiya Daiya who had helped her scrounge the parts for this monstrosity of a monopod, and then helped her paint it. The name Lucky Girl and the number 13 where just perfect. She was also wearing Daiya's old armour again for safety, she actually felt like a proper racer when she posed for the pre-race photographs.

Untitled96_20220513211105.png

She watched as the cameraman walked away and smiled lightly at Daiya, she was a little nervous of all this. Hex and her had hatched this plan one night at a bar, what better place to get more credits to fund anti-corporate militancy, than from the corpos themselves who were sponsoring this thing.

'...we get made here we end up rotting in prison...'
"..mhm.."
she answered nervously, not breaking her grin.
'...this is too big for you to handle...climb back under your rock...'

The blue haired girl made the last minute adjustments to her pod before hopping on to the riding position, it was surprisingly comfortable to ride.the droid in front spun up the jet engine, scuttling out of the way before Hex revved the engine to test it, the roar was deafening and Hex grinned with a carefree detachment before cooling the engine again ready for the starter. She took her face mask from her friend and clipped it on, her long braids still flowed loosley down her back.

"I'm ready!" she called over the comm and the grid droids all walked away from the monopod.

3...2...1...GO!

Hex squeezed the accelerator and her pod blasted forwards from across the line, the crowds in the stands flashed past in a blur of cour before the track opened out in front of her. With her braids billowing out behind her I the wind she rolled sideways to overtake a slower pod before taking a another jink back to get in front of them. The pod felt good, it was responding well and all the dials were the right colors for now. Hex had made a blisteringly good start and hoped to be able to keep up. Her anxieties had been left on the grid and now the adrenaline rush was fuelling her.

A hard right, then a hard left took her back onto the straight where she could leverage the raw power of the gigantic engine at the front of the vehicle. She could feel the heat on her legs seeping through the armoured cloth of her powdersuit.

'...looking good girl, keep it up...'

Round 1 - roll 18

Screenshot_20220514-102724_Discord.jpg

Round 1
Racing

Hex Hex @Other Races Zenitha Chuma Zenitha Chuma

For better or for worse, Dani was still a resident and citizen of the Alliance. She washed out, sure, that was true. She was doing a lot of fact finding, about her own past, about her future, and where she should be going with her life. She was a washed out Jedi, a fairly okay Matukai, a pilot who was finding her way without being in a war effort, and now a racer and a warrior for change. She knew there were other aspects of her life she was working on getting in line, her maternal lineage… among other things.

Now though, she was at Teyr, for a race. Still working on finding a new way to gain power to a swoop, she had been opting for a rechargeable power cell. The swoop she brought to Teyr was different than the swoop for more open-air races. Still, her SoroSuub Air-2 was going to work. A bit more maneuverable than a pod-pod, but less speed than the other. Her swoop was painted yellow and blue.

Urban races were always tricky, and after spending time on Denon and Belazura… She was seeing the inequality. Not really her discussion here, but if she could earn some prize money, perhaps bring it back to ZINO. Set up some more solid distribution methods for food, or… fight the corpos there? It was her goal.

But for the next few minutes, her goal was this race.

The count began. Her repulsor was running fine. The count continued. The engines started to whine. The green and she was off. She moved down the waterfront, loving the view, to be honest, but still, having to keep moving, the pink one… With the blue hair? She didn't recognize that racer… Must be some local, but a damned fast local… She slid into he corner to get her down the spaceport district.

So many travlers coming to this world… For the protection of the Alliance? For the work, for the tourism? Teyr was an interesting world.

Still, race. Shaking her head, she gripped the controls, her navy flight suit and helmet protecting her from the winds and debris as she found herself entering the construction site.

Kahlil_Div2.png

BYOO

What went hand in hand with high speed races and high stakes?

Drugs. Drugs went hand in hand with high speed races. Kahlil let out a sigh as he glanced through the Bastion. It'd been emptied of his family's things for this mission. Thankfully, they had a new home to put it all in at least. It was the first time in a long time since returning to the Jedi that he was doing as he used to. Smuggle. In this case, smuggle drugs. Off world. Or at least that's the job he'd been hired to do. Dressed in his usual clothing with his lightsaber hidden away within the over coat he wore, the only weapon he had visible was his blaster.

He turned his gaze to his Padawan, offering a brief smile.

"Ironic, but uh, no Lightsabers if you can help it. You have any experience with a blaster?" Crash course on how to use a blaster wasn't exactly the lesson plan he was wanting to bring Silas into. Then again, Kahlil's start as a Jedi hadn't been with a lightsaber or knowledge on the Force. Eh. If it helped Silas in the long run, it didn't matter what he ended up being taught.

Well no- No, don't over think it. R6 rolled in, letting out a few trills. They were approaching.

"Alright. Stick beside me. We're here to get their faces on camera so the authorities can arrest them. Easy in and out. We pick up the spice crates, immediately head to the space station, then probably come back to help with the arrests. Again, though, don't hesitate to take out your lightsaber and run back to the Bastion if things get too tense. This should be low risk, but you never know."

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Objective: Gather evidence of the drug dealers
Clothing: Attire
Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

It had been a long time since he had dived into the world of drugs.

Silas had moved away from that life ever since he joined the order, but for one day only he was hopping back into that environment. Not to sell, but gather evidence of the criminals who were guilty of ruining people's lives. Dressed in casual attire of a sweatshirt and jeans, he followed Kahlil on his right. For safekeeping, he tucked away his lightsaber in his pocket, one of which was covered by the length of his sweatshirt. They were only a last resort for this assignment, instead, they were limited to the force and a blaster.

"I'm afraid not master, I never really got that far," he said truthfully. His father was always hesitant in teaching him to shoot and never really got to it in the end, while the gangsters on the other hand simply didn't trust him at all to handle a blaster. It appeared he'd have to learn on the go for now.

"Low risk? they always seem to concern me more than the high risk. Even so, it's a good thing we learned some hand to hand just in case things got hectic didn't we master?

Objective: Win this thing
Round 1

Shar lay back in his seat, feeling the hum of the podracer's engines. As the crowd worked up into a frenzy and the lights waited to change. Engines checked, cable replaced, repulsorlifts calibrated... just half a minute to Go.

He let his mind wander to his transfer orders. He had barely seen action before being trasferred to a garrison squadron. Was his performance bad? Unlikely. He had served just fine. Did his mysterious benefactors want to send him on another grey-ops course? Hopefully not! The bomb-throwing radical part of his life was... well, not over per se. But on hold. And Shar much preferred to fly.

Perhaps his actual posting after this garrison squadron was still being formed up? Who knew at this point. Either way, his old CO had been kind enough to link him up with an old friend on Teyr during this month between postings, and that friend had offered Shar the chance to pilot her podracer in exchange for a cut of the prize. She hadd lost her legs in an accident some time back, and her podracing stable had slowly lost its racers as the minor leagues dried up. She even offered to sell the podracer to Shar if he won and gave her a bigger cut, but Shar politely told her he did not have the means to maintain a podracer. Besides, if he did win, some collector or moneyman would come to bid for the Winning Pod of FLB-909GrS as some kind of showpiece.

Besides, he wanted to send his share of the money home.

Shar pulled his goggles on and gave a two fingered salute as the comms check came in. Wouldn't harm to play into the flyboy image. The crowd was getting really worked up now, as the announcer finally stopped stalling and thanking the corporate sponsors to count down:

3...2...1...GO!

Shar slammed the throttle and switched off the brake. The controls and gravito-dynamics had been tailored in the past few weeks to come as close to the kind he was familiar with, that being a B-Wing, but obviously that only went so far. He was thrown back into his seat as his pod blasted forward, almost smashing into another racer before peeling away. The adrenaline kicked in, and he soared past the first few turns, the wind in his face.

The pod was relatively well-behaved, and it bucked along as he pulled the controls, careful not to pull too hard nor too softly. Jostling past several racers, he came up behind another racer as the flat highway of this section gave way to a rather tight squeeze between several blocks. Struggling to maintain his speed just behind the other, the pair zoomed out of the section into another open section leading into the next leg. Leg 1 done, 3 more to go.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Heh, yeah. I'll teach you how to shoot a blaster next, alright? Basics for now." Kahlil pulled out his own, quickly going over the sheer minimum needed to shoot. Trigger, safety, aim, pull. Never look down the barrel. That sort of thing. Once he was sure Silas was at least not going to shoot himself, he gave a single nod. Concern, just for a moment, filled his eyes. He'd never not worry about his Padawan, it seemed.

Then it was back to the grin.

"Let's not keep them waiting, then. C'mon."

ZlkuF3f.png

500 REPUBLICA
CORUSCANT
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe

"How quaint."

Director Tevv sniffed the air, trying very hard not to look down as he stepped onto the residential tower's skydock. Vertigo was an unfamiliar and quite disorienting phenomenon for sullustans. Galactic City's skyline gleamed with other cloudscrapers as well as never ending air traffic. One of his aides fussed at the collar on exquisite business robes until he shooed the nervous youth away.

"Need to call you back," Miel apologized into an elegant ear comlink, "Heading into a meeting."

Excited whispers in sullustese heralded the SoroSuub tycoon's entourage. A datapad was passed into Tevv's hands, and he glanced down to review the Outer Rim markets before handing it back. Managing a company the size of many world governments required tremendous moment to moment oversight. While it often seemed byzantine to others his people thrived on such complexities.

"I'm speaking with Chancellor Chandra, then?"

"Tithe, sir."

Dead black eyes bobbed back and forth before confirming the current Alliance chancellor.

"Very well," he considered this new information, "Inform Chancellor Tithe I am here for my ten o'clock."

Last edited:

"Alright, let's see what there is to it," he said with a brief nod as he listened silently to the show and tell his master was provided. Kahlil explained the minimum there was to know about a blaster like the obvious trigger shoots and other parts that were a part of the blaster. By the end of it, Silas gave a small grin of his own and followed his Master to the meeting spot.

"It may be wise for you to do the talking if we're coming face to face with them. But if they speak to me, I'll know how to handle myself"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Don't worry, I know how to handle these kinds of people."

Kahlil was oozing confidence. Which, was part of the point. In this line of life, a lack of confidence was how someone lost a job. Or their life, depending on the employer. He lead the way, smile on his face. Soon enough they were at the meeting point. All manner of species waited for them, who he nodded to in a friendly sort of greeting that wasn't completely returned. Small nods, but no smiles.

"Alright, so where's the boss so we can get this under way. Can't linger around these parts for long y'know."

"I know perfectly well, don't I Kahlil?"

Oh.

Oh no.

He froze, his smile hardening as he slowly turned his head to stare at the Devorian that just stepped into view. Blaster in hand. Pointing at him.

"Ah, Sirc. How's it going buddy. How's the wife?"

The gun leveled for Kahlil's head.

"Which? The one you slept with?"

"Mm. Pretty sure I only slept with your sister."

Kahlil kept the smile despite the gun pointed at him. Sirc kept a hard gaze on the Epicanthix, but after a moment he burst out into laughter and lowered the gun. Stepped over to give the taller man a tight hug. Which Kahlil returned.

"You son of a queen! I thought you were out of this game!"

"Can't keep the space out've a spacer, can ya?" Kahlil was all grins at this point. "Is it that kind've job though? To have you here?"

"Ayup! Why don't we go talk shop over this way." He motioned for Kahlil to follow, who paused to nod in Silas's direction. The Devorian stared for a moment, but relented with a sigh. "Boy, too. C'mon."

They didn't go far. Off into what looked like a breakroom for the hangar. Empty. Sirc closed the doors before holding up a finger to his lips. A quick look through, for bugs. Then nodded.

"Alright what's a Jedi doing here? There some kind of trouble I wasn't informed of?"

"No, nothing dangerous. Actually was just here to train my Padawan a bit, but I didn't think there'd be any SIA here. .. Ah, Silas, this is Sirc. Old friend."

Sirc nodded his head, offering a friendly smile. "Hey kid. Alright. Well, short cut, Pykes. I'm here to get more on their movements. The shipment is bugged. Where you're gonna drop it off should get us an idea of their supply chain. You still up for that?"

i4xNFo5.png

Objective: Win the race
Tags: Spirit of Integrity Spirit of Integrity Hex Hex Dani Stellaris Dani Stellaris Shar Sieu Shar Sieu Davron Feln Davron Feln Joseph Torson Joseph Torson Jax Thio Jax Thio
Roll:
Podraceroll1.png
Equipment:In Bio

She can't believe she let the crew talk her into this race but here she was seated in the hot seat of her pod. She hadn't done this sort of thing in years not since her academy days on Galidraan one when they would shoot down the mountain passes in heavily modified air speeders.

Still she thumbed the engines to life the four big engines mounted in banks of two per pod roared to life. She revved them up and waited for the countdown to begin.

3… 2… 1…GO!

Off she roared, shooting down that first straight with a daredevil's speed. Her pod skittered around that first sharp turn then through the next straightaway. She wove around the next two turns and was rewarded with the sight of the construction site. A few pods were ahead of her but she was doing well for the first leg.

ZlkuF3f.png

ART OF THE DEAL
500 REPUBLICA // CORUSCANT

Miel Tevv Miel Tevv

cFh2335.png

It was rare for Aerarii Tithe to not be the richest being in a room.

Rare, but not unheard of. Certainly, this was the case every time he met with Gat Tambor Gat Tambor , through both their fortunes were intertwined in the Trade Federation. The circles Tithe moved through brought him into contact with the wealthiest beings in the galaxy, be their fortunes publicly known or behind the scenes.

Today he would be with one of his own, not the unwashed masses his role as Chancellor required him to interact with.

Tithe’s residence in 500 Republica was sparely furnished. On Coruscant, where life was crammed into every viable corner of the ecumenopolis, space was the ultimate sign of wealth. A few choice pieces acquired over the years decorated the room, accented by original artworks. The glowpanels had been dimmed and the heating raised to imitate the subterranean habitat of his guest. His Senate Guards had been dismissed, banished to mount their watch beyond the tall, heavy blastdoors which separated the sanctum from the rest of the residence.

“Ahh yes, Director, why it has been some time,” Tithe exclaimed as he rose from his hoverchair to greet his guest with a bow and flourish. “You know, I was just saying the other day that it’s been far, far too long since I made the journey to Sullust.” He motioned for Miel to follow and take a seat.

“Could I interest you in a imbibement?” Tithe’s assistant stepped forward from the shadows to take the drinks order. “Or is this, how do they say, uhh, yes, strictly business?”

ZlkuF3f.png

500 REPUBLICA
CORUSCANT
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe

"Chancellor Tithe knows for my people business is pleasure," the technocrat smiled wearily, "Port in a Storm, neat."

Excited sullustese babble reduced to a bare murmur behind Director Tevv. His archaic crown gleamed in the natural light. Years of palaces and star yachts eroded any perspective for he glanced around the luxurious quarters of Coruscant's most notorious playboy with polite disinterest. Somehow this meeting of titans did not seem like his most pressing matter.

"Crossing the Hydian is more perilous than it used to be," Miel admitted, "I must convey the Sullustan Council's apologies for neglecting our old ties as my people contend with independence. So much to do! Yet change brings opportunity for we are no longer constrained by trade policy."

His lifeless eyes wandered over to one of Tithe's trendy Chiss sculptures.

"Is that an original Ar'alani?"

"I hope so because I fear we may get a dozen blasters held to our faces before the end of the night"

Smiling from the comment, Silas calmly followed Kahlil to the hideout they were going to do the meetup in. Where they entered, aliens far and wide glared at them. Smartly, he didn't meet their gaze for more than a few seconds to make sure he didn't bring across the wrong idea. Silas had dealt with their kind before, and stares had gotten people killed many times.

Suddenly, a voice in front of them broke out to Kahlil. Stepping into view, the man with the blaster held it up to his master's face with a strange question, to say the least. Silas kept looking backward and forwards between the two silently, his eyes narrowing at Kahlil when he said he slept with someone. He certainly hoped it was before he met Valery Noble Valery Noble else he'd be facing questions of plenty after all this was over.

The pair of them seemed to look at each other tensely for a few seconds, the gangster still holding his blaster up until he unexpectedly let out a laugh. The padawan could only raise a brow at this bizarre scene, were they friends all along?! For Jedha's sake why did they have to stress him out like that?

Silas released an audible sigh and returned the man's stare until he told him to come along too. Shooting a glance at Kahlil he followed the men into the shop. They didn't go far, only going into a breakroom to have a space for themselves. The padawan folded his arms and listened as Kahlil finally introduced him to Sirc, an old friend from a time gone by

"Good to meet you sir," he said respectfully with a small nod of his head, his attention looking up to Kahlil when Sirc asked them if they were still game.

"We should be, we haven't come all this way to chat and catch up," he said to his master, a cold gaze looking at him from the sister joke earlier.

Objective: Wander aimlessly, meet people.
Tags: None, but open to anyone wanting to meet/talk.

"What do you mean they're here for the race, what race?" Phylis asked.
The roar of engines drowned out any reply her astromech droid could give. Cheers, the sounds of engines and the presenters came loud as the podracers flew past.
"Ah, hmm, that race," Phylis said.
Her droid beeped pointedly.
"You did? I don't remember that. Hmm, maybe you did tell me. Well, how am I supposed to get across there now?" The Jedi waved a hand over to the far side of the canyon. Usually there was a taxi service one could take but due to the race it was temporarily offline.
The Jedi Master was dressed like many of the scattered orders in plain robes, nothing especially distinctive or special. By her side was her single lightsabre and over her shoulder was a bag containing some items.
Six-Nine, her unfortunately named droid, beeped something.
"Less snark from you, more solutions. There must be a way across. Hmm." She stood pondering, looking like a lost tourist in the street, frowned. "I sense a fair few Force presences around. Nothing too dangerous, probably anyway...."

ZlkuF3f.png

ART OF THE DEAL
500 REPUBLICA // CORUSCANT

Miel Tevv Miel Tevv

cFh2335.png

“Well I sure hope so,” Tithe replied, turning his gaze to the Chiss sculpture that had caught his guest’s attention. If it was a fake, it was a good one. Note that he possessed the statue for its cultural or historical significance or even its aesthetic qualities. Chiss art was hot property and a solid investment since the destruction of Csilla. “If not, well, let’s just say there’s an art dealer on Shalyvane I would hazard you steer clear of.”

Tithe’s assistant droid returned with the pair of Pamarthen drinks. The Aargauun raised his glass to Miel. “Prosperity and affluence,” he toasted before sampling the drink.

“Yes, the dead hand of regulation,” he mused. “My detractors would do well to see the opportunities that trade freedom affords your people.” The bleeding heart humanitarians in the Senate continued to be a drag on his ambitions. He was counting down the days until he was freed from their checks and balances.

“Opportunity, however, attracts opportunists,” he observed. “I've heard that pirates and brigands stalk the Southern Systems.” The collapse of the Confederacy had left a vacuum yet to be filled by the stability of the Alliance. The focus of Tithe’s administration to date had been opening commerce, with law and order necessary only when it impacted profits.

“Now, if it is security that you seek, well, there are a number of, uhhh, like-minded businessbeings throughout the galaxy that could lend their arms.” Expanding the Trade Federations' influence to Sullust would be a boon for the conglomerate in light of the setbacks to their shipbuilding operations at Kuat.

"Blind man in a podracer. How did I let it come to this?"

Not that that was a particularly hard question to answer. While his sight had yet to come back, over his time travelling with Auraya Irath-Ur he'd at least managed to develop all the rest of his senses enough to provide a useful facsimile. In fact, minutes ago, he'd just been talking that over with a kind Miraluka gentleman while Auraya went into the store to grab some supplies for them. A retired podracer Miraluka gentleman, with whom he'd been discussing the upcoming race.

Somehow that topic turned to how it was a shame to let the man's old podracer sit without being used, Davron helpfully offered to find a Jedi or someone else that could run it in one last race, and was cut-off before he could finish his offer...

And now here he was, sitting at the controls of an active podracer, both terrified of the possibility of what might happen to him with his lack of sight and at the same time unwilling to back down now that everybody had seen him getting towed up to the line in his confusion. Pride was, sometimes, one of his weak points. "Alright, throttle, brake, repulsors active, jet engines ready to go..."

He couldn't actually read any of the instrumentation. His false sight hadn't gotten that good yet. "Well, here goes not—"

His words were drowned out of his own ears as everybody around him immediately set off, as he scrambled to keep up. Luckily for him, the current section of the route was mostly straight runs aside from a few turns. He just had to follow his sense of where the other racers were. Surprisingly enough, he even managed to overtake one of them, keeping up with the middle of the pack.

Don't crash don't crash don't crash don't crash I'm sorry Auraya don't crash

i4xNFo5.png

Objective: Win the race
Tags: Spirit of Integrity Spirit of Integrity Hex Hex Dani Stellaris Dani Stellaris Shar Sieu Shar Sieu Davron Feln Davron Feln @Joseph Tarson Jax Thio Jax Thio
Roll:
Podraceroll2.png
Equipment:In Bio
Song:

She shot down the track, the pod engines screaming like mad as she zipped through the construction site. She shoved into a hard turn right engines revved to maximum left engines brought down middle turn complete she quickly evened the engines out.

Two straight aways and sharp turns later she was on part of the track that was a wide turn she hit accelerator and shoved the pod around in a tight drift and shot forward down the straight away.

She was quickly approaching Atrisiatown now. The leg felt good like she had made up for lost time on the first leg.

“So ‘is is whit real podracing feels lek!”

She said with a whoop as continued on down the track.

Objective: Win corpo credits
Tag: other racers, Daiya Daiya Spirit of Integrity Spirit of Integrity

Poor Hex hears voices in her head

Hex speech to others
Hex speech to herself

Hexes inner voices
'...Neutral...'
'...Doubt...'
'...Anger...'

Coloured '.....' are also words that Hex can hear , but I decided not to write them to reduce clutter

Untitled96_20220513211105.png

The great big pink monopod tore round the track at breakneck speed and its little rider had the biggest smile on her face feeling the adrenaline surging through her. She took a sharp turn badly and briefly lost her line end went into active traffic. A speeder flashed its lights and honked at her.

"watch where you are going!" she shouted back at the innocent motorist before flipping him off, narrowly missing an oncoming milk truck in the distraction. Eventually she picked up the track again, only for some racer to hit her afterburner right on the turn and Hex struggled to keep her line again.

'...she did that on purpose...'
"no chit!" and her pulled out her SIMP blaster
'...do it!...'

In the heat of the race it was hard to hit but Hex unleashed several wild shots at Caoimhe Crannach Caoimhe Crannach with her gun, not necessarily hoping to hit her, but at least shake her up. She out her gun away and gunned her own engine again, hoping to make up time.

Round 1 - roll 18
Round 2 - roll 7
"Sabotage" is represented by wild blaster pistol shots incoming from behind to Caoimhe Crannach Caoimhe Crannach - enjoy

Screenshot_20220603-065328_Discord.jpg

Objective: Win this thing
Round 2

Shar risked a quick cut into the next leg, but he realised too late he had not changed the repulsor settings for this section. He felt the racer turn, then slide and skid through and past the construction plot. He could hear the dust kicked up by the racers ahead sucked into his engines, causing a dreadful ratling that lasted slightly over a second before he changed the engine settings.

Before the pilot had time to readjust the stabilisers, he was already entering the tight corners of the second leg. In the narrow air passageways, the dust and turbulence ahead of him was getting worse. He grunted as he throttled back, turning through the winding streets. Another racer flew past, and Shar realised he was really quite unprepared for land-based podracing, or racing of any kind, for that matter.

I just need to not crash.

His thumbs worked the buttons on his jury-rigged control sticks, and he deployed his flaps, giving him better air control in the narrower paths here and their turbulent air conditions. He heard the loud sounds of screeching metal from behind as he swept past two tight corners in quick succession, and he risked a quick glance behind, seeing some nameless podracers bounce off the sides of the buildings in this corner.

He spotted a hard roadblock up ahead and noted the change in decor. He was entering Atrisiatown now, and he turned again, sliding away from the roadblock into the correct route and into the next leg.

O7nSCni.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom