Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private From the Ashes

ashesheader.png

F O X
CINNEGAR | EMPRESS TETA
TAG: Katria Vekarr Katria Vekarr

tamdiv.png

banner.png

APOCALYPSE

"You look like shit, Tam."

Shaddix was sitting on a large slab of duracrete next to her, his own helmet off as well after one hell of a battle in the city that now lay in shambles around them. This time, the Hellions had been hired by the Alliance to aid in the protection of the city. What an epic fail as the superpower of the Alliance clashed against some Imps who knew better than to go quietly when they died.

Their own unit hadn't been far from some strategic buildings when some Imps thought it wise to take everything in three blocks with them when they kamikazeed. It worked to an extent. Lot of the Hellions were beaten and bloodied by both the fight as well as the buildings collapsing all around them.

Tamna's bloody face regarded Shaddix for a moment. Gunfire could still be heard in the distance. Fight wasn't exactly over yet, but it had moved on, giving them a slight respite before rejoining.
"You look like a face only a mother can love." she deadpanned.
"You two look like two owls on a shit heap." said Weller as he walked up to them.
"It is a shit heap, Well. Grab some seat." smiled Shaddix, patting the piece of duracrete next to him.
"Wish I could, but we gotta look alive. The Blues just called for reinforcements on the South bank." he answered, helmet under his arm.
"I didn't hear nything." Shaddix was, after all, the de-facto unit head.
"I was just standing next to the comms station when they rang. Break's over." Weller answered, pulling up his armoured shoulders.

Shaddix sighed before slapping Tamna on the shoulder and getting up.
"I honestly hate fighting for the Blues. They pay shit." she sighed before getting to her feet as well.
"Sucks that it ain't our call. C'mon."
With that, they all jumped back into the fray, blasters running hot once more.

It had been a Dark Imperial concussion grenade that separated them. Tamna had not been in the lethal zone, but the shockwave from the external blast zone had thrown her and a few others in different directions. She had hit one of the few buildings still standing and was knocked out cold.

When she came to, she was completely disoriented, aching all over and alone with no idea of where the others were. It was only a screeching sound over the comms in her helmet. In a rare case, she utilised the Force her father so diligently taught her how to use in order to orient herself to at least struggle to her feet and stagger in the direction of the closest friendlies in the area. Approaching a woman who looked like she, herself, was a mercenary, Tamna made herself known.
"Tamna Fox, Hellion PMC allied currently with the Alliance." she announced herself, using her faux surname while removing her screeching helmet. "I'm looking for the rest of my unit. We were separated and I am unable to contact them. You wouldn't happen to have a grid on them? Blast just went off on our last location." she went on, squinting through the splitting headache that sprang to life with the removal of the helmet. Damn Imps that got the jump on them. She needed to get back out there.

Hopefully the others were still kicking.

Cinnegar | Empress Teta
Ambience

K39nyuh.png

War was something she was familiar with. Insurrection, rebellion, infiltration, confrontation it didn't matter much to her what it was, where it was or who it was as long as certain lines weren't crossed. Something that anyone who knew her reputation prior to the Confederacy of Independent Systems was a significant development of her morals. And this particular battle was sending her alarm bells into a hysteric frenzy as she made whatever attempt she could to wrap her head around the need for suicide bombers.

Finding herself atop a small outcrop of collapsed building, the half epicanthix took a few moments to scan a horizon littered with rubble, gunfire and smoke. A scene she was used to seeing, but one that made her stomach churn as she settled on the realization as to how a portion of the damage had been done. To stoop to the level of kamikaze in an attempt to tip the balance of a losing battle had brought her to the point of lining up her last five or six shots from her bow the second she saw even a single explosive on their person.

::Enemy threat presence diminished, Vekarr, we're pursuing further into the city. Copy.:: She heard through her radio before the static picked up again and forced her to flick the switch as she made her near twentieth attempt to fix her connection. As she did so, her slicer droid giving her vambrace the readout she'd selected, she swiftly and skillfully scaled her way back down the rubble until she found herself just above the street as a concussion grenade errupted and a slight bluster up to her as she braced herself against a pillar.

Those on the street weren't nearly as fortunate.

Hearing a woman's voice over the distant gunfire, and a very faint ringing in her ear, she looked towards the woman who was introducing herself a Tamna Fox; a PMC supporting the Alliance; much akin to her job but whose detail was lost with the temporary disappearance of the rest of her squad.

"Katria Vekarr," she started and made her way closer to the woman in an attempt to alleviate the squinting she was doing. "I don't have a grid on them, but give me five and I can get you one, no problem." She continued as she flicked a few images and switches on her vambrace to call her slicer droid to her and into a plume of smoke as she issued a command for a locale thermal scan. Drifting the droid to a desired position, she initiated the scan before putting her full attention on Tamna.

"Looking good for getting sent through the ringer." She added, despite the fact they were on an active warzone.

Outfit: Clothes | Taozin Amulet | Gloves & Boots | Arms
Weapons: Sword | Sidearms | Bow

Last edited:

ashesheader.png

F O X
CINNEGAR | EMPRESS TETA
TAG: Katria Vekarr Katria Vekarr

tamdiv.png

banner.png

APOCALYPSE

Thank goodness for people who had some grey matter between their ears.

Some Alliance junkie would probably have looked at her like she was crazy instead of helping her find her squad. At least mercs knew which end was up. This Katria seemed to be just the right person to actually get her back to her team and back into the fray.

The headache was very slowly subsiding, enabling her to stop squinting against any light, though she would still avoid to put her helmet back on for a while.
"Looking good for getting sent through the ringer."

Tamna actually snorted and managed a smile.
"The ringer is all the rage lately - you should try it." she quipped. She was told she looked like shit even before the blast - she had no idea how bad it was now. Thank goodness the Stormtrooper Corps healed her from thinking that a warzone was supposed to look like a fashion parade years ago. Being part of a squad of predominantly men also helped her embrace the grit. But this woman legit looked like she just walked out Chuchi's and into a warzone.

Another blast went off quite a few blocks away. No one could ever accuse war of being boring. You always at least had background music.
"How are you guys' kill count looking in this shindig?" she asked. "These scum just keep coming." She had grown up with stories about the terrifying Brotherhood of the Maw, but whatever this new Empire was, it made the Maw look bad.

Having kill-count competitions was the only way to actually get them through this battle, morbid as it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom