Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From The Ashes: Act I (Open)

Alright, so after much thought and consideration of what i wanted to do with my newest character otherwise known as 'Shay'. I have decided to go start her out from the dirt. Rather than starting her story or her arcs mid way through or at a point in time where she is where she is without really...visibly 'earning it' i wanted to try something a bit more organic with plenty of character development and story arcs.

Because of this, she has been stripped bare. (In more ways than one). I want to build her from the very ground up and see just where she goes. This time, i will leave it open in regards to the paths she decides to take. Be it the Light Side, the Dark Side, or neither. Though given my tendency to plan ahead and 'plot' some things out i decided to do this in a more open minded way.

How this will work is simple. Rather than plotting every aspect of her story from start to finish i will simply make...'checkpoint' plots where each goal is what she is working for...but anything in between these checkpoints is fair game. For example, her end goal may be to find her mother, and all things in her threads lead to her attempting to do this. But, along the way anything can happen which can alter her course or just bring her to a dead stand still. This keeps her story more open ended rather than a strict train track type story.

I've decided to have her first act consist of about five or six chapters or 'checkpoints'. Each of these points will be considered their own plots and ect. Who she aligns herself with during the trip will ultimately decide who she becomes in the end.

Chapter I
Break the Chains
This, is where her true story begins. Rather than starting her off in a bar or as some hero trying to save a village from persecution i wanted her introduction to be organic and realistic for her situation. Shay begins her first arc as a slave, similar to what happened to the princess when she became a 'pet' of Jabba the Hutt, Shay has basically been forced to do the same. For a bit of context, her 'species' was ferociously hunted by poachers and other hunters for their valuable skins and other special attributes about them. As a result, most of her species has been either slaughter, or ended up like herself; Enslaved and kept as exotic pets. She was taken from her 'children' and is now a slave for whomever decided to purchase her. Chapter one will be about her escape or salvation from slavery.

Whoever helps her escape from slavery will earn her trust and loyalties as a friend. This will kick off her first arc.

Chapter II
A Cry For Aid
After her initial escape or liberation. Shay will be introduced to a galaxy she does not understand. She hails from a planet without technology or communication with the outside. And thus she is incapable of really communicating or doing a whole lot of anything and will end up being stuck in this sort of limbo where she must educate herself on how the galaxy works. This, along with finding someone willing to help her find her species to help her liberate them from their imprisonments. This, will basically act as her plot to get her into a faction. Whichever faction gives her the help and resources needed to help her save her 'children' will ultimately become the faction she will likely align herself with. Sith, Jedi, Outback, Mandos, ect. All are fair game.

Chapter III
The Hunt
More of a questline to be honest. Chapter III will be mainly about Shay and whoever is helping her going around finding those who are responsible for the near extinction of her species. Who put out the order for the hunt, investigating where the survivors were taken, who bought them, who killed them. And either punishing those responsible or ect. A more fun chapter where she can gain some more character development and build upon her relationships.

Chapter IV
The Liberation
Probably one of the biggest defining moments of her first arc. This chapter will consist of her finally rescuing her species as well as her children. These threads will be filled with action, stealth segments, plenty of feels and all the works. Depending on the success or failure of his chapter will ultimately decide on the kind of person she will become int he long run. If it is filled with blood, death and fury then chances are she may fall to the dark side. If it turns into a negotiation of peace she may lean towards the light. Or, it could be done stealthily without any confrontation and she could remain neutral. It depends on who helps her from the start and sticks with her long enough to have a lasting influence.

Chapter V
Mirror Mirror, What Have I Become?
The final chapter of her first arc and more of an act of revelation. This chapter will be spent with either those who have helped her along the way or whatever close friends she may of made during her journey. Basically, she will reflect upon herself and decide who she is going to be. She will finally change out of those rags she was forced to wear during her enslavement, probably get a haircut. Get some clothes and pretty much change her image depending on the kind of person she becomes.

Sidenotes
Ok so, those are the initial plans i had for each of the chapters of her first arc. Along the way she is bound to make friends, enemies, alliances and the works. So if anyone is interested in being one of the major relationships in her life just let me know about what all you are interested in. If you want to be her enemy, perhaps the one who put out the order for the genocide of her people then go for it. Or perhaps you just wanna get a cup of coffee with the girl once she gets on her feet. All are accepted, all are welcome. Whoever decides to be the one to stick with her for each of these chapters (or faction) will ultimately gain her as a near permanent ally and loyal friend. She repays her debts and will owe whoever helps her. So when the time comes where she becomes queen once again, builds ships, weapons or ect. You will end up having privileges otherwise not extended to others.

Cheers loves. Let me know what you think.

I am very interested in helping you out with your plot line here. Seems super cool. Could definitely work for Veino, but I've also got a new character in the works that could work as well.

[member="Queen Roshanara"]

I'm down to make a friendship/alliance of some sort, especially one with an unorthodox dynamic. Either with the slavery arc - I don't know, maybe they're enslaved together or whatever - or something else. And since Mara's goal is to lead some sort of monarchy, being close with another queen/conqueror would make sense.

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."

Slavery? In this Galaxy? It must be quashed. The First Order will be glad to assist in helping you orientate yourself around the Galaxy. I have a character who'd probably be really good for this.

Looks really interesting! As Jerek implied, I'd be more than willing to help with the slavery bit. Joza's a former slave herself, experienced with breaking out slaves and even has a safe house for them if you're interested.

Well this thread got a lot more traction than i initially intended...thanks guys!

At any rate. i'd be interested in Shay having something of a companion during her enslavement [member="Mara Sedaya"]. As far as those who desire to help her throughout her escape and other arcs, i may have to end up making a thread and simply leaving it up to who reaches her first since there seems to be quite a bit of you. So hard to choose...hm.

[member="Veino Garn"]
[member="Ryn'Dhal"]
[member="Jerek Zenduu"]
[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]
[member="Joza Perl"]
[member="Viktor DuSang"]

[member="Solan Charr"] - Or rather, one thing you like and one thing you despise. If i recall correctly.

[member="Viktor DuSang"]

I should skin you for that one.....

With how many people clamoring for you, I guess I'll sit this out. No need to flood a thread needlessly and reduce the over all quality of story telling by "rushing" to a "goal". I'll definitely keep an eye out for your story though.

[member="Queen Roshanara"] awesome, I just thought as Mara's the vengeful type being enslaved would be a major defining point/motivator that would be fun to play out. At any rate, if you're going ahead with it then that's great, PM me if you want to sort out details, you know the drill.

Ill fight all of you...

On another note. Ill be starting the first thread later today. Rather than picking and choosing ill leave it to first come first serve. If someone wants to help her, go do it. Simple as that. I dont wanna deny anyone and what not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom