Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four Corners [Republic Dominion of Brentaal IV]

Objective: 1

[ 2 / 20 ]

"By the maker, this place has seen better days," muttered Tenji, lighting his death stick.

He took a puff, and a ring of smoke floated up into the air before vanishing into the gray skies.

Travot let a brief frown flicker across his face as he looked over the spacer garage. As much as he wanted to dispute the other man's comment, he couldn't... He's right. Half a dozen tramp freighters sat on the scorched duracrete being worked on by a motley array of repair droids and organic mechanics. The racket the techs made alone made Travot want to leave the place, but there seemed to be an overlaying aura the place gave off that made his skin crawl, a forbidding fear. It wasn't the desperation of a pitched battle against a superior foe, or the fear of losing something. No, it was the decay of what once had been. This place and its people are beginning to wear down and fall apart...Travot cleared his throat as he turned his eyes to gaze in those of Tenji's.

"So what are you doing about it?"

The grizzled mechanic blinked, "I've done what I could, kid. That's why you're here, isn't it?"

Travot nodded, "I am here for that, it is true. But the more I know about them, and the more I know about you, the more effective I can be at solving this problem."

"Fair enough," said Tenji, gesturing him towards the repair yard, "why don't we go inside and talk a bit, and I can tell you all about the Death Dealers and what they've done here..."

Ater Notechis

Same agenda, different place...
[Post=2/20]

Objective: Establish a military protection force and combat pirate and Sith stalkers on the hyperlanes
Allies: tbc
Enemies: Anyone who gets in her way – but mostly pirates

She felt the ship bump gently as it landed. As she made her way to the exit ramp, a sqaud of Republic troopers fell in around her. It was standard senatorial protocol - and was as much for show as anything else. In truth, she thought it made her a bigger target as it drew so much attention.

As she stepped foot on the hangar surface, an aide ran up with a datapad. "Two of the invitees are unable to make it."

"Are they dead?" Ater responded.

"No?" came the simple reply.

"Remind them it's the only reason for non-attendance. let them know it's their choice - but one I'm glad to help them comply with if necessary. Take...two squads with you and tell them I want them immediately - if not sooner." There was no humour in her voice - just a matter of fact tone.

[2/20]

Cecily let out a high pitched squeak, a snort of disbelief at the Prime Minister's usual lack of tact. A crass woman in Cecily's opinion. Though she could hardly feign surprise as this wasn't the first time she had snubbed one of her supporters from what Cecily had heard during caucus. She merely shared a quick glance with [member="Aurelia Volcata"] and [member="Aliannah Sophia Filia"] that communicated her annoyance.

"Yes, well, perhaps we should be going," Cecily said in an attempt to avoid further interaction, "ladies." She glanced at her fellow Senators before making her way into the lobby and placing herself as closely to her fellow diplomats as possible. She had grown rather found of he fellow Senators in the past few months. They were all so very courageous in their own way. They didn't go swooping into battle, but they had their own bravery. It was her hope that this strength of character would be evident in the negotiations.

Bringing tidings from Onderon, Cecily had her own gambit to play if the Republic's efforts failed.

(2/20)

Those near me: [member="Travot Ravenna"]

"She here?" Shlurk rumbled, the massive Graug's beady eyes narrowed in discomfort. He was clad curtains that substituted for the lack of a cloak big enough to cover his form.

"Some time ago. The spacers saw her - they aren't going to tell me until I take care of one of their personal problems."

"A waste of time. Kill one, the others will talk." Shlurk snapped, a gnarled, scaly hand falling to the warblade at his side for emphasis.

Cyril shook his head, and cast a look out toward the road. Finding the malcontents would normally be a difficult task without any sort of clues to identify them, but he had Shlurk. The old warrior was a tracker of sort - he'd hunted escaped slaves in his younger days until Cyril had taken him offworld. Those talents would be useful here.

"I kill one, the rest might lie. Besides, you know that's not how I do things." The errant Jedi snapped, blue eyes staring up from the hem of his hood at his companion. "I need you to find these folk. They're to the east. You smelled the big one back in the cantina, can you use him to find the- "

"Yes, Grax'thor. Come. They are not far: indulging on some form of narcotics. A beacon."

The huge creature whirled about, curtains flailing behind him like a cape. He took off through the street, his large form causing most people to give him a wide berth. Cyril followed.

"Any blood? Hers?"

"Much. None of hers. Smells non-human. Probably Twi'lek. Comes off more like a brothel than a gathering of criminals."

"They go hand in hand, old friend."

Vhaeri

V
[ 03/20 ]

Ugh. Lack of manners was what Aliannah as a royal person hated. She'd been born to that, she was the most polite person she could be. Yet some didn't even care about the principle manners people should have had.

And then the other senator, [member="Cecily de Demici"] interrupted all the little conversation she had managed to have with [member="Aurelia Volcata"]. Sigh. But they had a goal and they had to follow it.

The girl followed the two -- the Prime Minister (which in her opinion, was a strange title) and the Senator of Onderon. The latter had been in the Senate for a short time, but had proved herself to be a powerful politician and diplomat. She had the wisdom of an older person which Aliannah did not have yet. She had to be honest, she was actually slightly jealous.

But she had to put all of these thoughts aside as it was time to work on diplomacy with the planet of Brentaal.

Location: Lambda-class Shuttle Votrad Coordinator, over Votrad, Brentaal IV
Objective: 2

"You have a large city here," observed Quee, looking out of the ship's cockpit to view the expansive city of Votrad, "larger than I imagined it would be. It just seems to go on forever."

Colonel Sest Citrone eyed him warily before flipping a strand of her brunette hair to the side of her face, "The world's largest starport is here. It's really what's grown this place, especially being on two major hyperlanes. We see a lot of ships go in and out."

"I'd be willing to bet that such shipping creates its own problems."

"It does, but we take care of our own...it's our home after all," said the woman, gazing at the towering buildings and comparatively squat warehouses as her shuttle zipped by them.

While Votrad was impressively large, the admiral wasn't really all that taken in by the view. He had seen many worlds in his travels, including several vast ecumenopolis, that featured larger cities or more interesting architecture. To his eyes, Votrad appeared to be relatively plain rising up from the dusty plains on its flattened mountain top. He wasn't sure he'd even bother describing it to Salmakk the next time he saw his brother. The shuttle slowed its pace as it banked around Votrad Stadium, with Gir briefly wondering if their flight path was to impress upon him the city's size or importance, but he quickly saw that that was not the case as the shuttle made its way straight towards a gleaming skyscraper only a few blocks away from the stadium. The admiral turned his eyes once more onto the colonel and gestured at the building.

"That's your headquarters?"

She nodded, "Well, it's in there. It's actually the municipal building, has the mayor's office, utilies, local constables office, and a jail in the basement. But we have the upper fourth of the building for our own use, and a little extra."

"A little extra?"

She hesitated, "It's one of those things better shown than explained."

Gir nodded, eying the building looming in front of them. Suddenly, part of it seemed to shimmer as a mammoth blast door slid open to admit the shuttle into a private hangar. So it's shielded...He could already see that the hangar was large, probably large enough to house a wing of starfighters. But at the present, it seemed to house two squadrons, with the rest of the space being taken up by other support craft like the Votran Coordinator and a quartet of gunships. Gir cleared his throat.

"It looks like Fort Okeefe is off to a good start."

"It'll better once we have more modern ships in there from the Republic," sighed the woman, "but we'll get there soon..."

[member="Cecily de Demici"] | [member="Aliannah Sophia Filia"] | [member="Aurelia Volcata"] | [member="Persephone Callas"] | [member="Macharius Solaire"] | [member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

Objective 2
Post 2

Faith was taking in details taking in behavior and mentally making a note. Would this come in handy later she did not know she did not play these types of games usually. Being a Senator was not easy no matter what world you were from, there were expectations, and there were rules. Faith was trying her best to follow rules, and yet still voice her concerns, her opinion, and make a difference.

Faith almost fell out of her chair when the Prime Minister sat by her. She almost wanted to ask her if she had been drinking but that would be rude of her. She remembered her Aunt Rianna talking to her.

Eh Faith put the thoughts away she was tired of feeling the pressure right now, and with her mother so close to deciding who the next ruler of Alderaan would be after her Faith had to keep her chin up. No one knew the mind of her mother, not even her as much as she tried to figure it out.

Faith tried to focus on the present to here on Brentaal, and what Lord Trozky might as of the Repubic.

Faith once again looked over to make sure it was the Prime Minister sitting by her. Maybe Faith was the one asleep and dreaming this. Faith reached over and pulled the hair on her own arm, OW! OK...not dreaming.

Brentaal IV - Outskirts
Star Destroyer - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Objective - 2 [Operation Q-Boat]

Status...
Shield generators: online;
Laser cannons: working condition;
Engine components: working condition;

This would mark his third round checking over each and every crucial component of his unique starfighter - the Nssis-Class Clawcraft. Despite the impulsiveness, the Jedi pilot knew his diligence would pay off. He was well aware of the importance of being prepared when venturing into space, especially when it may involve tussling with the Sith. Torin wanted nothing more than to see the Republic succeed, especially in this mission. With every crushing defeat by overwhelming power of the Sith, Torin could feel the radiant hope of the Republic dimming. But he was determined to prove the resilience of the Republic and the light side of the Force - a resilience that would not be blown out like some candle in the dark.

"Alright T5. Everything looks good. What do you think, we ready to go?" The astro-mech was already nestled within its custom port. It rattled off a series of low beeps, as if mumbling some criticism of the ship's status. Torin ignored the small droid and rolled up the sleeves of his black pilot suit that was decorated with straps and zippers. One long zipper that reached the length his broad chest was left unzipped, revealing a fitted light blue under-armor. Fingers tapping across the control panel, Torin closed out the diagnostic programs running on the holo-screens and lifted the clawcraft out of the idle Star Destroyer and into open space. He tuned into the shared com-channel to report.

"Torin Varik, standing by," he announced his position, awaiting an update from Q-boat or central operations. As he understood from his briefing, his objective was to provide arial support for the dummy cargo ship. The cargo ship would act as an invitation to bate pirates into an ambush. That's where Torin's adept piloting came into play.

The padawan rested his head on the back of the seat. Taking a moment, he called on the force to help hone his focus. Struggling to clear his mind, he closed his eyes and focused on each and every component of the large machine around him. He could feel all of them and how they moved individually to create one complex system. How they all fit together and moved in tandem, it all made sense to the Jedi. More than anything else did.

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Sabena Shai"]

Nearby: [member="Cyril Grayson"], [member="Travot Ravenna"]

You never sent a plethora of agents, operators, and commandos to do the job of a single man. That was all it took to accomplish an objective like this. Pure efficiency, maximum damage to hostiles, and a behind-the-scenes setting that would make it even easier to avoid civilian casualties or collateral damage to actual things and structures of importance.

"So they sent us to do their dirty work, huh? I figured Command would've opted to send us to Coruscant or something to do some guerrilla stuff." Miranda lazed around the corner of his HUD, rifling through thousands of documents on Brentaal IV simultaneously. "This is a bit degrading."

Marcus grimaced. "You're not even the ground pounder, so don't complain. I'm the one sitting here in Katarn armor in the middle of a damn swoop war."

"You didn't have to wear something so un-stylish. I mentioned khakis and an RPG earlier, did I not?"

"Oh please." He chuckled. "Am I supposed to seduce them with my child-bearing hips and curves?"

"I heard Trandoshans were into Dreadguard."

"I'd rip his eyes out and hang 'em in the Bird like a pair of fuzzy dice." Pappy chortled, adjusting his grip on the DC-17m in the abandoned apartment overwatch.

Miranda rolled her eyes at his answer, "You're dreadful."

"Thanks."

(3/20)

Objective 1

Folks near me: [member="Pappy"], [member="Travot Ravenna"]

"The old soldier. He is near - and his construct." Shlurk rumbled as they stalked through the streets. It took Cyril a moment to understand what the warrior meant.

One of the Dreadguard, though as to which one, the errant Jedi MAster had no idea. Not that it mattered. Even one could make a world of difference under the right circumstances. Cyril picked up the pace, a hand falling to the hilt of his lightsaber as the crowds dispersed.

They took a sharp right down a walkway, then left down an alleyway. Ahead, Cyril could sense them; six or seven life forms of varying size, jostling about like they were celebrating something.

"He'll hear us. I'm picking up six, probably more father inside."

"I will wait in shadow."

The Graug slipped off to the side of the alley. One moment he was there, the next he was not. Cyril knew full well that the blademaster was still here; simply shrouded from eyes and senses in the force. He would be waiting to pounce if it was deemed necessary - giving Cyril a faint sense of comfort. No one would have the jump on him.

He did not hesitate to break the duraplast door off its hinges with a surge of telekinetic energy. All the merrymaking ceased as the cloaked man strode through the doorway.

It was a large room, filled with salvage, old speeder bikes, stolen furniture, and long forgotten bottles. The six men and women who were visible all turned at once, hands on their blasters. Two Nikto, a Human, and three Rodians.

"The hell are you doin'? You one of Zin's boys?" The human, a dark skinned man with dreadlocks that fell to his shoulders, shouted.

"No. I'm a bounty hunter. Looking for a woman, early thirties, brown hair, blue eyes, medium height, heavy accent."

The Nikto stepped forward. "Not seen her. You'd best get on running - after you give us your credits. Gotta be a fee for damages." He motioned toward the door.

In response, Cyril ignited his lightsaber, the cyan blade casting those around him in an eerie, ghostly blue glow. "The woman." He demanded.

"Jedi! Bag him boys, the Sith are paying big for these folk." The human opened fire. His cohorts did the same. Cyril sprang forward.

Macharius Solaire

M
Objective 3
2/20

[member="Ordon Trozky"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Geneviève Lasedri"] [member="Persephone Callas"] [member="Aliannah Sophia Filia"] [member="Cecily de Demici"]

It was out of place that there had been no contact from Trozky yet. Something quite important must have come up to distract him from a Republic delegation such as this. Or not and he was just late. Whatever the case they'd see him soon in the hall. Solaire traveled with the other gathered Senators to the Capitol building. Their meeting place was quite grand. The wealth of this world afforded many luxuries and they spared little expense here. The architectural styling were not of his eye though. The walls of fortresses, trench and defense works were his bread and butter. After all this Senator used to be a combat engineer. Things would change here though. If Breental VI joined the Republic they'd be on the front line of the war. Millions of troops, billions of tons of supplies moved in. Defense networks improved and built up. It would be roughshod if the Sith attacked within a few months. But given a year and the logistical support; Breental IV could be the unconquerable fortress to hold up the Sith armies from the major Core Worlds.

Macharius took a seat on the opposite side of Prime Minister Geneviève Lasedri. It wasn't so much he himself deserved to sit there. He was by all accounts still a junior level Senator, by time only. But by the world he represented; Denon. The arms factory of The Republic. He afforded himself such a placement. They'd need to learn to work together. Macharius wanted to help The Republic as much as he did his own world. But it required close cooperation with those in power.

Nearby: [member="Cyril Grayson"] | [member="Pappy"]

Travot followed Tenji past several broken down droids into what he guessed served as the shop's office. The flimsy duraplast furnishings were covered in a variety of datapads along with a variety of mistmatched boxes. A quick glance at one fthem mentioned "power couplings" while yet another had something to do with a hyperdrive coolant inspection kit. The grizzled mechanic cleared one of the chairs of a large box and offered the jedi the newly vacated chair, which Travot slowly accepted. Tenji himself opted to sit on a partially clear corner of one of the table tops.

The mechanic said nothing for a few moments, just wistfully staring off into space. Travot reached out through the Force to feel its currents around the man's emotions. While not a natural telepath by any means, Travot could feel a mixture of regret, pride, and certainty swirling around his mind. Travot recoiled back from brushing up against the man's emotions.

"It's been difficult, I would guess," offered Travot, breaking the silence.

"Hm? Ah, well...yes. It always has been, some times more trying than others," said the man, "I was just thinking about somebody who went missing a couple weeks back. I thought she was just playing it low, trying to give everyone the slip for a bit until the heat cooled down. But I think someone got her."

"Why's that?"

"Well, it's happened before, a lot, actually," said Tenji, "it's almost our modus operandi. We all act like we never knew the person, and then the heat goes away, and then people come back eventually. Only there's less of them coming back these days with the hunting going on."

"The hunters being...these gangs?" suggested the padawan.

Travot searched the man's eyes. But Tenji hesitated before continuing. Travot could feel some pressure bearing down on the mechanic's feelings. It didn't feel good, so Travot once more became intentionally ignorant of the man's feelings, at least through the Force.

"I'm sure it's them some of the time," admitted the man, "but sometimes I think it's someone or something else behind it."

"The Sith, perhaps?"

"Well ultimately, I'm sure they play a part in it," muttered the mechanic, "we are enemies after all. But the Death Dealers have been growing more powerful as of late...are you suggesting that the Sith may have a hand?"

"I don't know, it's a possibility that the gang is being back by someone whose interests mutually align..."

"Like ours with the Republic's," said the man, "You want, you might be on to something. Let's out of this place, there's someone I want you to meet."

"Who's that?"

"A guy who knows somebody."

One of those types, huh? Tenji plopped down on the hard floor and gestured for the large man to follow him. Minutes later, Travot found himself in the side seat of a landspeeder jetting off deeper into the city.

[ 4 / 20 ]

Ater Notechis

[Post=3/20]

Objective 1: Establish a military protection force and combat pirate and Sith stalkers on the hyperlanes
Objective 2: To finish this Dominion before they all retire from old age
Allies: Pfft
Enemies: Antipathy

She addressed those present. Some scuttled in after she began but before she finished her first sentence every seat was full. The risk of death tended to have that effect.

"I intend to deal with the pirate problem. I shall do it my way and I expect nor welcome any help that is simply thinly veiled interference." She gazed around the room, her green eyes like lasers, threatening to expose their very souls with her stare.

"But up course I am as ever open and free to answer any questions you may have." There was no smile but there was such an expectant buzz that people were bound to ask questions despite themselves.

"What authority do you act upon?"

"No comment. Next?"

"What are your plans?"

"No comment. Next?"

"Where will you start?"

"No comment. Next?"

"What do you need from us?"

"No comment. Next?"

"What assurances can you give us?"

"No comment. Next?"

"When will you start?"

"As soon as you stop asking questions...next?"

The room fell silent.

"Well I'm glad I was able to answer all of your questions. You are dismissed." She turned to her assistant. "Get me every known pirate captain on a hololink in one hour from now. And don't take any messing from anyone. Their identities are known and we can contact them. I expect it to be done. And I'll commandeer this room for the duration."

Liliane

L
Objective: ?
Allies: The Galactic Republic
Enemies: N/A

One day fighting the Sith, the other day aiding the Republic. That was quite the life of Lilin. She'd just arrived from a mission and was ready to go and hand a helping hand to the Republic. They needed help, even though she did have some strange feelings towards the faction. At least they had the same goal in mind, which was all Lilin needed.

She was on the surface of Brentaal, near the capital. She'd learned there are a few people who do not want to let the Republic have this planet and she was going to defend others as much as she could. She was not a soldier, so her defense was mainly just some lightsaber swinging. But theoretically, this little protection could help even just a little bit.

At that moment, she was alone, didn't have anybody to fight with nor anybody she could hang out with. It was the best time to take a look at her equipment and see if everything was alright.

She wouldn't leave any loose ends like she had done numerous times.

[1/20]

This ain't hardly any damned contest. I remember this bein' harder.. 'Course I guess I was fightin' trained folks back then.. And these bloody twits don't know the meanin' of the word stealth and got no discipline.

Honestly. This swoop gang was a joke. The local spacers had alerted her to the problem when she'd come looking for aid and a holo connection. Apparently their comm unit didn't work because they'd lost the parts to the gang and so forth. Cyrene, by way of dealing with a brood of children, was very good at telling when she was being lied to. Still, someone had to deal with the gangs, and she was relatively certain the spacers would come good if she took them out, so. Fine.

Oldest trick in the book and they not only fell for it, they kept falling for it. She waited and kneecapped one of them. His cries had drawn others out, and from her place upon a rooftop she'd taken them out one by one. They were either oblivious or came out guns blazing, their shots going wild as they guessed at where she was. Even the ones who tried to sneak out with armour found their weakpoints ripped open by her shots. She was no civilian after all, she'd been trained and tested int he military of the One Sith. The weak or incompetent did not survive. She'd been honed and hardened in battle. A gang of thugs was nothing to the calm calculation with which she lined up and took her shots.

Besides. She had to get this done to get access to the comm terminal to reconnect with her husband. If there was one thing it was unhealthy to do, it was to stand between two Graysons intent on getting to each other.

[member="Cyril Grayson"]

{1/20}
Having a fist slam into your face wasn't exactly what Svarin considered fun. As kinky as she was rumored to secretly be, getting smacked wasn't something she enjoyed. So maybe trying to take down a swoop gang on her own hadn't been a good idea. From what the Echani could tell these people, whether or not they enjoyed getting hit, certainly enjoyed hitting others. Hence the need they felt to punch and kick the young woman. At least someone was having fun at the moment.

She certainly wasn't.

Things, however, did start to get better as time passed. Though blood was starting to drip from her surely broken nose she had managed to stay on her feet, despite the blows others had thrown. Taking down a Jedi was rarely as easy as certain people seemed to think. Or perhaps her combat training had more to do with it. Really though, the specifics weren't that important. What was important was the fact that a quick jab with her elbow returned the favor that had been 'bestowed' upon her face.

While the first man staggered back she did a roundhouse kick into a second gang member's stomach, pushing him back as well, before jumping out of range. The maneuver let her barely avoid a knife to a gut. Now feeling a little more confident Rin let herself relax a little. But only enough to keep her from stressing herself to death. She didn't have time to worry or gloat if she planned on getting out of the situation with all her limbs intact. Nah, she had to focus on the swoop bikes in the distance.

Gods, she hated reinforcements. At least when they weren't on her side.

Objective: B

Allies/people likely near me: [member="Cyrene Grayson"],[member="Svarin Noimare"] murder lizards

The criminal's arm left his shoulder with a simple shift of Cyril's wrist. A bloodcurdling cry sprung from his lips as the sight of his dismembered limb registered. Another twirl silenced the scream. His cohorts, four now, backed up toward the edge of the warehouse. The former Archlord turned toward them, cyan blade glowing with what he might have called righteous judgement. In reality, the room was just dark, and his weapon was very, very bright.

"Shoot his knees!" One of the men shouted.

Cyril thrust out a hand before his comrades could oblige. A wave of telekinetic energy crashed into his chest, severing his spine and collapsing his ribcage at one. Two decided to fire - easily dealt with considering their lack of coordination and general skill. One met his end with the swing of a blade through his gullet. The other, seeing his friend fall, dropped his weapon. The final man had long since surrendered.

"L-look, we're done. Promise." One, a grime covered human sniveled. "Mercy m'lord. Mercy."

Cyril stayed his blade.

"That I can oblige. You'll report to the nearest security station. If you try to divert, you'll be gutted on the spot by my associate. Do you understand?" The man nodded. "Now, the woman, where is she?"

Grimy shuffled up to his feet, and motioned toward one of the holoterminals. "The boss...Mister Gordon, saw her up the road. Some of the guys are tryin' to take her in. The boss out a bounty on her head."

"Thank you. Shlurk, take them." Cyril snapped, drawing his cowl back over his head. The Graug strode out of the shadows, and lifted each prisoner up with a hand.

"With pleasure."

Ater Notechis

[Post=4/20]

Objective 1: Establish a military protection force and combat pirate and Sith stalkers on the hyperlanes
Allies: Pfft
Enemies: Pfft

In precisely an hour, Ater sat in front of the holoprojector as one by one images of captains of various races blinked into life. She didn’t bother counting them – or checking who was present. Their mistake would prove fatal.

“Ladies, gentlemen and those of undetermined gender, welcome and thank you for your presence.”

“Thousands of years ago, in the days of fighting sail, a letter of marque and reprisal was a government license authorizing a person – or privateer – to attack and capture enemy vessels and bring them before a court for condemnation and sale. Cruising for prizes with a letter of marque was considered an honourable calling combining patriotism and profit, in contrast to unlicensed piracy, which was universally reviled and of course punishable by death.”

“I have decided to resurrect the letter of marque around this planet and its associated space lanes. I issue them in the name of the Galactic Republic.”

“All you need to do is confirm your application stating the name, description, tonnage, and force of the vessel or fleet, the name and residence of the captain. This will constitute a bond promising strict observance of the Republic's laws and treaties. What you do outside of Republic space is not of my concern.”

“The commission is granted to the lead vessel, not to its captain and states the enemies upon whom attacks were permitted – namely pirates and enemies of the Republic. Every pirate you destroy earns you a bounty. This letter in effect converts your private merchant vessel into a naval auxiliary. As such, you enjoy the protection of the laws of war. If captured, you would be entitled to honourable treatment as prisoners of war, while without the licence you are deemed mere pirates.”

“Oh, and this is a one-time offer. Those who did not present themselves today cannot take advantage of this offer. And…the last person present to choose to sign up also will have their request denied. So I suggest you hurry up…”

{2/20}
Using the force wasn't an option here. While a force push would be grand, the padawan still didn't trust her abilities enough to use them. Not when most of her previous attempts to use her gift had resulted in innocent people dying. Mostly innocent people. There was that one slaver back when she worked with Domino, that one guy who tried to kill her, then that other Sith trooper dude. That still didn't justify the killings. As horrible as some of the deceased may have been, they had no deserved death. No one, at least in Svarin's mind, earned such a fate. One should always have a time for redemption so they may die when their soul may be at peace.

Apparently the swoop gang didn't quite agree with her. The one who had swung a knife at her now moved forward while the two from before tried to get to their feet. Blood still gushed from her nose, from scrapes along her arms, and from a cut on her knee. Crimson droplets were apparent on several of the unconscious bodies in the area. What? She had managed to knock a few out before they had disarmed her. Now she simply had to finish the job before reinforcements came. Hmm? You still seem troubled. Oh, that does make sense.

She had tried diplomacy first. But something had correctly told her that it wouldn't work. What had started as a peaceful meeting had turned into a full-out brawl in the city streets. Nothing she wasn't used to, really, thanks to her time with the Black Suns. Without her past experience she probably would have been forced to retreat a fair bit ago.

Instead she was simply forced to do a last-second slide to the right before using her left leg to knock a man off of his feet. One less baddy to go.

Permission to enter granted by Republic leadership.
Pirates.
Objective 2.
[1/20]

Brentaal IV;
Pirate Space;
Ginivex Cockpit.

Alies: Da pirates.
Enemies: [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] [member="Ater Notechis"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Torin Varik"] [member="Sabena Shai"]

060d7e48-39bb-4008-a876-adf18d8abc91.jpg

In the hordes. That's how her employer had described things, by then, he had said, you'll be in with the hordes. Looking around her, she saw nothing to prove that. A sleuth of commandeered, barely uniform starships hung in silence. Most of them were, well, budgeted excuses for a real ship of war, cheap, common, few of which could be considered military. She doubted that some of the weapons she saw could even penetrate standard freighter class vessels. It was a miracle the Republic was having much of a hard time with the make shift blockade. That, actually, spoke kindly of whoever was in charge, or whoever had been orchestrating things. Perhaps, had he or she taken different steps, they could have made a fine military commander and really taken life somewhere. Numerous transports had already been shot down in earlier skirmishes, halting whatever attempts the Republic could make to aid their followers on the ground. It was only a matter of time before the pubs lashed back.

Her own craft was more than a match for enemy fighters, and with well aimed shots it might pierce even finer armors. But Xenia had no intention of letting her blaster power decide her overall value. It wasn't common Xenia took bounty or for pay jobs, not anymore anyway, but the pay on this one had been good, and upfront- that, and a larger list of her own reasons. Wrecked bodies of both rock and metal littered Brentaal IV's more immediate space, where atmosphere and galaxy began to cross lines. Remains of those who had come before, or displayed resistance, swarms of crates leaking from one of the numerous collapsed cargo vessels. The pirates lay in wait therein, all engines powered down, all systems collapsed. Invisible on any scanner, unmoving so as not to cause motion, and tightly hugging the debris in order to blend in with the obtuse textures.

Except for Xenia. She had been brought on through a contact ping on one of her more infamous alias networks. She hadn't believed the pay at first, though in reading more into it she had been made to understand. The Republic would be their foe, and with them the spell casting Jedi, as well she knew them. Strict, organized military, punctuated by irregular leadership and unconventional methods. And again, their Jedi. That's why she had taken the job, and she already felt the bubbling anxiety of total excitement welling holes on the inside of her chest. The Ginivex-class starship, Geisha, remained fully powered. <<There's an incoming signal.>> Beside her in a later added second seat, the droid named Detox. As it spoke, it waved at a screen on Xenia's side, like she hadn't already seen it.

"Yeah, thanks, I got it."

<<Is that a... hailing?>>
"No. No, look, there's more of them. I think the Republic's trying to... call someone, look at all these active channels."

Xenia tugged her fingers across a display screen where upon was displayed the digitalized efforts of Republic fleets attempting to call. Holonet activity, com activity. Scans and sensor bombardments lasted for an hour without anything actually happening.

"They're looking for someone?"
<<Yes, but they're not using many standard channels, must be someone they don't often chat with.>>

"Check it out, com and sensor reports. They're looking through us, too."
<<Trying to call the pirates then, eh?>>

As if in response her central display screen lit up with new data incoming. Reports of activity at numerous points along their own fleet and specific leaders within 'the hordes.' More like independent, veteran mercs then a formal ruling class. Then, frighteningly quickly, it all dropped, all the activity and in an instant. In its place was one, single signal. "That's a hail," Xenia snorted, stirring both herself and Detox out of their lazy lull of waiting. <<From?>> "Republic." Of course she opened it. Unlike most hails, it was one sided, but of obvious origin. Full of critical details in the hands of s slicer like these two. An open ended hail made to many of the pirates she had been charged with aiding.

“Ladies, gentlemen and those of undetermined gender, welcome and thank you for your presence.”“Thousands of years ago, in the days of fighting sail, a letter of marque and reprisal was a government license authorizing a person – or privateer – to attack and capture enemy vessels and bring them before a court for condemnation and sale. Cruising for prizes with a letter of marque was considered an honourable calling combining patriotism and profit, in contrast to unlicensed piracy, which was universally reviled and of course punishable by death.”“I have decided to resurrect the letter of marque around this planet and its associated space lanes. I issue them in the name of the Galactic Republic.”“All you need to do is confirm your application stating the name, description, tonnage, and force of the vessel or fleet, the name and residence of the captain. This will constitute a bond promising strict observance of the Republic's laws and treaties. What you do outside of Republic space is not of my concern.”“The commission is granted to the lead vessel, not to its captain and states the enemies upon whom attacks were permitted – namely pirates and enemies of the Republic. Every pirate you destroy earns you a bounty. This letter in effect converts your private merchant vessel into a naval auxiliary. As such, you enjoy the protection of the laws of war. If captured, you would be entitled to honourable treatment as prisoners of war, while without the licence you are deemed mere pirates.”“Oh, and this is a one-time offer. Those who did not present themselves today cannot take advantage of this offer. And…the last person present to choose to sign up also will have their request denied. So I suggest you hurry up…”
-Ater Notechis

The notion left Xenia's eyebrows hanging in suspension, Detox's face unable to clearly depict that kind of emotion though undoubtedly constructing something similar in his computer driven mind. She hadn't expected anything like that. In truth, she hadn't ever worked with the Republic in military operations, only as a peaceful ambassador, or the occasional politic. When weapons were involved, the Republic had always stood against her. Was this their display of might and courage, how they dealt with those who opposed them and their friends? With friendship bracelets?

Xenia was the first to answer.

"We don't want your hand outs, Republic."

The pirates, these pirates, were not so easily broken. They had stuck around this long because they believed in it. And because whatever drove them was far beyond some petty words and offerings. Over the coms, in response to Xenia's lead, the others howled a cry of violent expletives- some just cut their connection after a chuckle. Only soldiers or paid grunts fell for tactics like that reliably. Those on the front lines who were at highest risk of death, not the experienced killers lurking there behind. It was a declaration of war, and their side wouldn't back down.

Summary. Objective 2 hyperlane skulkers, sith associates, mercs, and pirates make their appearance, responding to Ater Notechis.
OOC. Jacen Voidstalker, Feel free to go ahead with your plan, I'll try and respond as best I can to it. That goes for anyone else, as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom