Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Your Information [Republic/Mandos]

Snap.
"ENOUGH!" Her voice rang out in the force as well as from her lips. It was unintentional and she dropped her gaze to the floor at the outburst, silently cursing herself. For a moment she said nothing as she re contained her fury.

"I have demanded nothing. I have made requests, all of them polite. Pardons, investigations and pacts mean nothing to me. We have no pact with you, this is a courtesy visit. We could have looked at this ourselves and drawn the same conclusion and begun our hunt for those involved, but it would have been unwise to deal with criminals that are in space that is not in our jurisdiction, without first advising the leaders, and also ruling out any possibility that they might be involved. We do not need your help to find them but it would save us some time if they do happen to appear on your radar, tayli'bac?"

She took a step back and spoke in a low voice to @[member="Arrbi Betna"] and @[member="Serock Hoath"] "Do either of you have anything to add?"

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
Softly the Russian Caveman put his hand on her shoulder, to calm the girl down. How long ago was it that Serock had been so full of passion? It had all died after that night, the drinks had been there to soften him up. But still he could remember the nights of war, where his blood was all heated up and demanded action of him.

Older and.. well not wiser, he knew that there was no use now for all of that.

“I reckon these fine... politicians will do whatever they can to fix their problem. I reckon they will keep their problem inside their own boarders from now on, ain't that right boys? I am not keen on seeing another one of those ships burning down my backyard. Means I have less time to drink and y'all know that ain't a pretty sight. Figure it's time to take our leave, Mia. For this all turns ugly.”
Honestly, he had not been paying much attention to the discussion beforehand. But Mia's outburst had indicated it had not gone that well. Meant only more shooting for him and he wasn't a man to turn that down either way.​
@[member="Mia Monroe"]​

Betna shrugged and said nothing. Instead he stuck a datachip into the podium before him and stepped away. He turned to Mia and shrugged once more.

"That's all I have to add," he said plainly. "They can keep the data chip. I have more copies of it, sadly."

With that, Betna stepped out of the pod and headed to the hallway. Behind him played holorecordings over each Senator's podium of enemy gunships strafing a Mandalorian facility, nuclear fire wiping out whole swathes of buildings and troops, and good Mandalorian men and women fighting and dying in the line of duty to hold back an enemy force that the Republic should and could, but wouldn't, help destroy for mutual safety.

@[member="Mia Monroe"] @Everyone Else.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Sitting in in the cockpit of a Mandalorian star yacht, yes a Mandalorian star yacht, Gilamar Skirata sat, his helmet removed and his flask to his lips. He had no doubt this would go off smoothly. After all, all they were doing was giving a little information. At least...He hoped things went well. While he had no doubt the Mandaloians could hold their own against the Republic's less organized bureaucratic military, he would rather hold off on fighting their larger and richer neighbors. So he sat, and waited, for the three to return and kept the ne'tra gal flowing.

These proceedings were certainly... interesting.

And warranted a more careful observation. As such, with Persephone now leading the Judiciary committee, she would be conducting her own investigations.

As the Mandalorian party left, Persephone gave a slight nod to the lady in waiting at her right. Soon, she would have her answers.

Mia glanced up through the blue tinted holorecording, eyes meeting @[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"]. There was a sadness there, she wanted a moment with him, but as Serock and Betna left behind her she knew that there was no time. Gilamar was waiting for them. She turned, reluctantly and followed them, her heart twisted with anger and sorrow. There had been more to this than giving the Republic an FYI and hoping for a share of information, this had been an examination. They needed to know what state their neighbours were in.

Stepping onto the yacht, she moved for the cockpit and dropped into the seat next to Gilamar and sighed. "Well, good news is, we're not at war." she said, half joking, trying to raise the weight form her heart. "Bad news is we will be before long. Senators are quick to anger and to through accusations and insults around. We're unlikely to get any help from them, though we did determine that they had no hand in the Vong attack, the ships they got second hand, not from the source direct." She and Gilamar had known each other for long enough now to know when something was bothering the other, so the sadness that was in her eyes would not be missed.

"I hope we can delay the inevitable." she said softly. If war came about, that would place her and Rel on opposite sides of the battlefield.

@[member="Gilamar Skirata"] @[member="Serock Hoath"] @[member="Arrbi Betna"]

Gilamar Skirata

Pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration he sighed heavily before screwing the cap back on to his flask. "Why am I not surprised," he muttered as he began prepping for take-off. Lights flickered to life and a low hum resounded from deep within the starship. Looking over to Mia again after pulling a handle and activating the repulsors, his fading, dull, brown eyes fell on her own. The young woman as strong, she had seen the strength when it had mattered most, but no one was invincible. Everyone had that one thing that pulled at their heart strings. For him, it was the holo of his wife, whom he would see only after his soul passed on to the Mandao, and daughter, whom he would never be able to watch grow up and would likewise see her in the Manda. Sadness was not something Gil could see in people, takes one to know one right?

Lifting his arm over and onto the back of the seat he sat in he turned to Mia. "Alright Monroe, what's the problem? You aren't the type of girl to be saddened by the prospect of war. What's eatin' your shebs?"
@[member="Mia Monroe"]

Yusan shrugged as she left and called after her as she did. "Hey, i said i would help but guess not." He turned and went to the door, having no reason to stick around if the Mandalorians were going to only hear the negative in his words, guess he wasnt worth their time to provide what help he could, after all he could track down Savan on his own if he wanted to, after all he had some very very interesting information for his former associate. @everyone

"The prospect of war doesn't often place me on the opposite side of someone I love." she replied quietly but firmly, indicating she did not wish to discuss the matter any further, not here and now. Not without speaking to Rel first.

@[member="Gilamar Skirata"]

Gilamar Skirata

This raised an old eyebrow. He thought he was starting to understand, but for now he would wait. He could always talk to her later. "You know," a pause, and the old man shut his mouth. There were better times for that talk, and he could tell that there was more than a sadness boiling under her small frame. Much had been thrust upon her in the past two years, and she was still trying to deal with much of it. He would let it simmer down before asking again. With that, the star yacht lifted off into the air, and flew from Couruscant, on its way back to Mandalore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom