Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Your Information [Republic/Mandos]

Moved to Annaxes after a pair of sith used it as their own personal boxing ring, the Senate building's security was beyond ridiculous and it took all of Mia's will power not to put the guard through the wall, still it would have only sent a bad message had she refused to give up her weapons and asked that her companions do the same. Representing the Mandalorian Empire, she had to oblige, had she been alone this would not be the case.

Once the others had done the same they were led through the winding corridors towards the senate hall and a pod of their own. They were not members of the republic but their relations with them were amicable enough. After the attack on Myrkr, She and other mandalorians were in agreement that all involved were to suffer. Careful examination of some of the holofeeds from the battle highlighted the ships used as affiliated with the republic, either the republic had a hand in this attack, or the manufacturer was making back hand deals the republic were unaware of and considering the last encounter the Republic had with the Vong Horde, she imagined this would be met with uproar.

"Let not try to cause a ruckus, we're here to give information, try not to et drawn into this political crap." Oh how she hated politics. Within the mandalorians it was simple, you said what you wanted. Here though there were more hoops to jump through than Mia cared for and she had no doubt her comrades shared the same lack of patience. Once the party was in the pod, Mia reached forward to activate it, waiting for the Chancellor to accept her request to be heard.

@[member="Serock Hoath"] @[member="Arrbi Betna"]

Jorga the Hutt

When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade
The Senator from Eshan, head of the Finance Committee, sat up and took note as the galaxy's most photogenic ex-Mand'alor came in. Whatever had brought her here as an emissary of the Mandalorians, it was recent enough that he hadn't had a chance to talk with her about it. Which meant something big.

@[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"]

Arrbi Betna was, admittedly, grumpy though perhaps irritated or annoyed would be a better descriptor. He'd had to relinquish his weapons earlier which he didn't like at all, even if he understood the reasons behind it. He'd been able to keep his small package of holorecordings, holopicts, and other evidence mainly because the senate flunky who attempted to take them from him for 'processing' ceased his attempts after Betna fixed the man with the blank, harsh stare of his T-shaped visor.

Now, though, the helmet was off and on his belt. His armor still bore the scratchs, dents, and gouges of over a decade of combat, but he had taken the time to clean the dust and soot and blood off the plates gathered from the cleanup of the Myrkr facility. Most of those killed were his clansmen and women as the Betna clan had primarily staffed the facility. Betna had spent the last few days retrieving bodies, filling out reports, cleaning up the area, and speaking to the fallen's families. Because of all this, Betna wanted blood. He wasn't ashamed, his brethren had fought well. All of the Mandos had fought well, but Betna wanted revenge. Total and complete. He knew that a direct attack would only get more Mando'ade killed, including more of his clansmen, and while most would gladly pay the price to spill the blood of the Vong, Circe, and their allies, Betna knew there was a better way to go about this. One that would last decades if not centuries.

It was for this reason he was here and for this reason alone that he had irritably, though willingly, relinquished his weapons. It was why he'd spent the past day without sleep to compile all the recordings, holopics, radio traffic, evidence, and data into a case to be presented to the Republic Senate. With this information, the Vong would face the ire of not only the Mandalorians, but the Republic as well. Circe would find no safe haven anywhere in Republic or Mandalorian space and so would her allies. Cameras throughout the facility had captured imaging and holos of various individuals while fleet assets in orbit had captured more evidence of ships used and, through unit and squadron markings, the individuals responsible for those craft. Mercenaries and soldiers who had been captured had their confessions and information recorded and present as well. All those responsible for the raid and all those who partook of the carnage would find blame today.

For now, however, Betna waited in the pod for their turn to speak. Hopefully it was soon as he was getting... grumpy...

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
If there was one thing Serock Hoath hated it was politics. It was one of the reasons he had left the Confederation, Grand Marshal sounded good when you said it, but what it actually meant was meters long red-tape and so many regulations he got buried beneath them.

Then... this girl found him in some sleezy bar, he could not even remember the name of. She had given him purpose again.. somewhat. Though he wondered if the Mandalorians was really a place for him, but they gave him a target to shot at and liquor to wash away his problems. So who was he to judge?

You know me, Mia.” as he said that, he took out his flask and took a gulp. “I am all diplomacy and sweet talk.”

@[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Arrbi Betna"] @[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"]

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
The head of the Security council looked up when she had been hearing the reports and raised an eyebrow. This wasn't a big session there was nothing on the table to discuss so she continued to sit there and wonder for a moment before crossing her arms and keeping a scowl on her face. She turned to see the other senators for moment but brought her eyes back to keep them on the woman.

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
@[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"] @[member="Arrbi Betna"] @Serock Hoat

"You know after this boring drek we could go and grab a drink or two and talk about you" Vaudin said to his new secretary.

The senator from Iktotchi was still more Cantina flirt and fly boy than he was politician. He leaned back in his seat and put his feet up on the edge of the pod. Nothing made less sense than having politics and governement in the same place. He looked at his data pad and checked the agenda.

'Mandalorians!' He thought as he read the list of planned potitioners or what ever they were called. That made the Internal Affairs director sit up.
"What ever the Mandos say." He said to the togruta secretary, "I was with you the whole time."

Jack Sheltrak

Senator of Zeltros, Former Supreme Chancellor
@[member="Vaudin Miir"] @[member="Serock Hoath"] @[member="Arrbi Betna"] @[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"] @[member="Mia Monroe"]

The Chancellor looked up and over when the woman entered and then at the others with a raised eyebrow. He hadn't asked for the mandalorians... he was sure of it and having one that pretty he might need to have a private... No wait he knew her. He knew that face she was one of the few that usually spoke without need for a helmet. Now what was her name again? "Well this is a surprise, it must be important, so lets hear from the Representatives of the Mandalorian clans."

"Udesii Betna, We'll have our revenge." she said softly to her comrade as the ripple ran through the senate at their arrival. When they were accepted to speak Mia shot Serock a sideways glance. "Put that away." she growled at his flask, shooting him a warning look before turning her attention to those gathered. "Senators of the Republic," she began eyes flicked ever so briefly to Rel, a shadow of a smile appearing before she turned to the Chancellor, face stern and eyes cold. "I would like to say our appearance is with good tidings, but sadly it is not. We have travelled from Myrkr where we had the pleasure of driving the Horde from our territory. We have lost a prisoner, by the name of Circe Savan, a name I believe you are all familiar with, that however, is not the issue that brings us here."

She gestured to Betna allowing him to enter the data chips. A brief flick through the information and raising two images, the first of a gunship the second of a frigate. "These ships, were among those that attacked us. They are developed within your space and used by your forces. We have had good relations with the Republic and it is such relations that bring me before you today. I want to make sure when we drive the knife home that it is striking the right heart."

@[member="Serock Hoath"] @[member="Arrbi Betna"] @[member="Jack Harkness"] @[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"] @[member="Vaudin Miir"]@[member="Ayumi Pallopides"]

Betna grunted at Mia's words. He understood why they were doing what they were doing perfectly well and would do so willingly and to the best of his abilities, but that didn't mean he had to like it. When prompted, he inserted the correct datachips and sat back. He'd watch the Republic's reactions and see how his companions reacted. He wondered what the senate's reaction would be when he started listing off confirmed and suspected individuals and units. Who knew? Maybe they might just fully mobilize and take the fight to the Horde and its allies. Then again, they might just sit and stagnate in their indecisiveness. Betna leaned back and waited to see what path they chose.

Jack Sheltrak

Harkness waited for a moment and then raised an eyebrow looking at the ships. "When did we build these?" He looked over to @[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"] for he didn't know... Something maybe a time table the man did approve things but for the life of him he had never used ships like these in fleets. "I think you." The computer chirped and he looked at it."Ah I see, your mistaken... somewhat seems we do make them but the majority don't use them they are exclusive to the forces near Mmechenism." His mouth twisted trying to say it while his gazer went hard. "The former Dominion whom did." As in no longer "Bargain their planet for Circe's being ignored." He moved a little. "If your asking did we help the Horde, the answer is no. If the planet is selling Republic ships then what is the going rate for your services in breaking militarized sectors?" He kept a look on his face but his fingers were going through typing as the glided over a datapad. -To the Internal affiars and security council begin investigations and contact GIA with shadows-

Mia twitched, appalled that Harkness would even ask for them to do their own dirty work, but her face remained stern. "With all due respect, Chancellor" there was no respect, this one hadn't earned it "If the Republic is incapable of dealing with treason within their own borders I'm not about to offer any of my people to assist you."

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
Animus watched from afar, and received the blip from the GIA office. It was time to go to work. He stood up silently, watching the Mandalorians for a long while, before the agent glanced around, and then collected his datapad, but left the cameras, focused on the individuals speaking.

Agent Animus, coming online. Beginning probings.

The datapad blip went to the Chancellor, and like that, Animus went back to work. He had been quiet for a long time now.

Jorga the Hutt

@[member="Jack Harkness"] @[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Arrbi Betna"]

The chairman of the Finance Committee -- also a fairly talented shipwright, as it happened -- examined the gunship and the frigate. "You're right, Chancellor. This is Mnenchei technology. It's used by their system defense forces, as well as the forces they've contributed to the Republic as a whole. Mnenchei units, including units under Republic command, are very unorganized, but it's known that Alachei Mnemenos wants to take personal command of all of them, if she hasn't already. Furthermore, Ri'ess Regal Drives is directly and closely linked with Mnemenos herself. It's virtually certain that these enemies of the Republic have their ships from either Republic units, the defensive forces of a Republic member world, or the sales department of a company that's probably controlled by the leader of said member world - a Republic official. I hesitate to use the word treason, but..." He shrugged. "In any case, my authority as head of the Finance Committee requires me to launch an internal investigation to make sure these ships aren't being quietly sold by disorganized Mnenchei units within the Republic Navy, reported as losses, and used to justify further expenditures of Republic funds. That is, of course, a worst-case scenario, but one that bears investigating."

Well he certainly was quite the capable little maleling.

The Hapan Senator sat watching the proceedings with a shrewd gaze, her aquamarine eyes hardening at the information revealed by the chairman of the Finance Committee.

Those were not words to say lightly. Treason from a planetary representative at that. Although, truth be told, the irony was that Persephone was not above treason herself -- that is, with the Hapes Consortium. Political intrigue and personal ambition for any noble with royal blood in their veins had been fed that desire for the throne since birth. Persephone had aspirations, to one day become Ereneda, 'She who has no equal,' as the Queen Mother.

At the very least, I wouldn't get caught, came her internal musing, more disappointed that the Mnenchei woman managed to disgrace her gender and get caught of all things. A Hapan would have done it differently-- perfectly.

Now, however, there were senatorial responsibilities to partake in, play the role of an indignant Republic supporter. More so because it appeared that at least having the favor of the Chairman of the Finance Committee would certainly prove to be beneficial.

So, it was with this thought that Persephone, if allowed to speak, would second the motion in support of the investigation of Alachei Mnemenos.

In the shadows above the proceedings, standing on a walkway often used for maintence, Sarge stood with a datapad in hand reviewing the very ships that were being put forward by the Mandalorians below. He'd reached the same conclusion as the Finance man, but what he couldn't understand is why anyone would design something so... aesthetically unpleasing.

As a man who fancied himself knowledgeable of a variety of cultures, he understood that not everyone saw things as 'beautiful' in the same way... but even Vong ships had a strange organic grace to them, unpleasant to behold though they may be.

These just looked impractical. Kark, he'd never even seen one used by Republic Forces up until this point.

But he did remember this Alachei person - she'd been the one trying to be Hion's judge and jury, if rumor had it correct. But what he couldn't truly understand was why people were surprised a politician was corrupt - a politician in an organization as broad and species inclusive as the Republic.

Casting a shadowed, black eyed gaze downward, the man frowned and tucked the datapad into a pocket of his robe, clasping his hands in the small of his back as he took this in. The Jedi would probably be called upon, sooner or later, to investigate this. Circe was a known user of the Dark Side of the Force, putting one of their officials in league with a Sith.

If that wasn't the Jedi's court, he didn't know what was. Something told him she wouldn't go quietly however, and that thought almost made him sigh.

Jack Sheltrak

@[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"] @[member="Animus"]

"I'll leave that to you then as for treason when the investigators being sent report back we'll move forward but based on what we know and the circumstances of how the Dominion came to join the Republic I am inclined to error on the side of caution." He looked towards the others and got the blip from Animus with a raised eyebrow but mostly was typing for the investigators. They would have to go to Sikune and the GIA would be needed. He turned looking over and spoke seeing Ayumi. "I trust you'll be going as well?"

Jorga the Hutt

@[member="Jack Harkness"]

The Bard looked up from his datapad. "Excuse me, Chancellor, but more information is coming in, information which may be relevant. This contradicts earlier information I'd received.

"As near as we can tell, three types of ship were used in the assault.

"Two Ro'ik Chuun M'arh frigates were used as the main body of the assault force. In other words, there's no link between the capital ships at Myrkr and the Mnenchei Dominion.

"This starfighter is unknown to us.

"This gunship played the heaviest role, and presents the most scope for curiosity, to my mind. It also demands our attention most thoroughly of any of the ships involved. The Astra-class gunship is a Ri'ess Regal Drives product, created after the Mnenchei Dominion joined the Republic. It's heavily used in Mnenchei system defense forces, and has been sold to, as far as we can tell so far, a handful of private interests, in numbers probably not exceeding a couple of hundred -- easily traced. It was not among the vehicles which were transitioned to Republic control when the system joined the Republic, because it didn't exist then. No Astra-class gunships exist in the Republic navy, apart from the system defense forces of a member world. As a result, the Finance Committee's primary report is that the vessels in question were either Mnenchei property or sold to the Vong and their allies by the Mnenchei planetary defense forces -- or by Ri'ess Regal Drives itself. These are the most likely possibilities, and both put them outside the purview of the Finance Committee. My investigation will continue until all other possibilities have been firmly eliminated.

"You now have a prima facie case to examine the Mnenchei planetary defense forces and Ri'ess Regal Drives for records of every Astra-class manufactured, in order to determine the origin of the vessels used by enemies of the Republic."

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
Ayumi looked from the chancellor and listened to @[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"] as she gave a nod. "I will, some to investigate the company records as needed. I'll get the transports and team right away." Her hand touched one of the mens shoulders near her and she whispered. "Get the GIA and contact the jedi see if we can get Kira she enjoys investigating."

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Alachei was on her way as soon as she heard there had been another meeting, however she did not initially realize the meeting was about her. It didn't take long for her company executive management to contact her about the pending warrants to investigation, and that of course greatly disappointed her.
Alachei burst forth into the room with a cold calmness, the anger at her peers in her heart quelled by her unyielding patience and meditation. Using the Force, she lifted up a datapad from under her regal robes and guided it quickly into the hands of the @[member="Bard of the Hyperlanes"]. She simply stood there with the same cold confidence and utter apathy as always, crossing her arms behind her back, hands latched to forearms.
"The only two Glaives in existence are right outside that window," she pointed, out in the direction of the nearest dry docks, "And all official Republic records indicate them as being exactly here by my side, on Anaxes or Coruscant wherever I may go. Simply put, they have never left. Included are the official developmental records of both of these individual ships, and of course, a full manifest of all Astra produced and sold not currently stored in our production facilities as per request."
All records of the sales, the only ones yet made or commissioned listed under a one Ashelotte Saybin, private buyer, sold long before any of the Vong attacks against the Republic or the Mando'ade. Alachei's tone steadily changed, one into that of genuine disappointment and disdain.
"Ever since I have become an official of the Republic and the Senate, I've been treated with nothing but apprehension and accusations. I am not the Republic's political punching bag and it will end if you wish for continued cooperation. I thought you all better of it...."
For the first time in... a very long time, Alachei frowned. Her experience was, as everyone witnessed numerous times, less than comforting. Even throughout it all, she remained loyal and a devout servant to her duties. If that was the Republic, the Republic was a joke, nothing but a corrupt dictatorship.
Naturally, the company began shutting out access to all but personally authorized personnel in the case of those that weren't their own. It was a crime to hijack information from her company, which was itself not a member of the Galactic Republic.
"Now, does anyone mind telling me why our guests know about these two ships, let alone accuse them of being in their territory?"

@[member="Jack Harkness"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom