Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the Lions and the Roses

The young Ren regarded [member="Veiere Arenais"] with a sympathetic half smile. "Mr Arenais, I don't know what exactly you saw that day, I wasn't on Ossus, I only know second hand accounts from my friends but I think it's rather rude to accept an invitation to a military ball and then accuse said military of acting with dishonour." A single brow raised very slightly to emphasise the meaning of her message. It wasn't a threat, it was a gentle reminder for the man to remember his surroundings. The pair may be speaking quietly but this affair could hardly be called private.

"I suspect you're unaware but we had high level talks attended by the Grand Moff herself to liaison with the Jedi Grandmaster. Our parties were treated with disdain, Mr Arenais. As if the very fact that we came to them requesting an end to their hostilities meant we were admitting military defeat to them. They wished concessions from us in return for nothing, they bought blood to our worlds and thought the very fact that we asked them to stop as meaning they won. There is always a price to pay for aggression. They paid it in the only way they could understand."

The petite girl hovered on the spot for a moment, sensing the presence of another. Her eyes flickered towards [member="Lady Kay"], the woman was standing nearby looking unsure of herself. "I'll just say, Master Jedi, that they sparked a fire they could not control. For the sake of your family, don't burn with them."

"Your Majesty?" Sam's voice rose and smile brightened as she addressed Kay. "Are you quite alright?"

On being told Kirie was deaf, Jairdain now realized why the other woman hadn't reacted to her spoken word. The other information, she nodded at. At that time she had been dealing with her own issues so had missed out on what had happened in the greater galaxy, the Incursion not having touched her at all. However, the lives of the people on Commenor had been upended and they were still healing from it.

She nodded in understanding and waited for Brad to return with a transport for all of them. If it was a mental issue which it appeared that it was maybe she could help. Having had her mind broken and shattered twice, even if it was for different reasons she thought maybe some support might help her. Communication would be difficult though...

Jairdain could use the Force, but wasn't sure if Kirie would be comfortable with her just after meeting her. Especially after falling prey to some sort of episode like she had inside. Assisting in making Kirie comfortable, when Brad returned and asked how they should spend the time, she just shook her head.

"The two of you can go off and swoon at one another. I can stay here and try to comfort Miss Kirie."

Her tone was slightly amused and a touch dry at the same time. The evening certainly hadn't gone as intended, but not having had any real expectations, Jairdain didn't feel bad about leaving early.

"Yes, it was nice while it lasted though."

Turning her attention back to Kirie though, she wondered how to get past the communication issue.

"Do either of you know the sign language that is used?"

[member="Silfe Sosuri"] [member="Bradshaw Ku"] [member="Kirie Ito"]

Silfe nodded to @Jairdain. The woman was a mystery to her, as were many people of course. Soon enough though, she hoped to get better acquainted. She was [member="Bradshaw Ku"]'s new tutor in the ways of politics and since Brad and Silfe were going on dates, perhaps they would see more of each other. The woman was very beautiful. Silfe hoped she would have a good influence on Brad who shirked his duty as often as he could do so.

"Yes. She uses Galactic Basic Sign, but she also can read lips very well. It has served her quite nicely in a lot of circumstances I have seen. I have personally been learning Galactic Sign, but I am far from mastery."

Frankly these affairs were never his thing, though the opportunity had given him the time to speak with [member="Samka Derith"] over such a matter, doing so in arguably a more personal approach than what she herself was willing to encourage. Once upon a time, they had first met and been introduced to one another through Veiere's beloved wife herself at a time where the young Samka was still coming to find her place within the ways of the Force. Perhaps had Veiere been more encouraging of the young woman in the options that had been available to her then, things might have well been rather more casual in their talks; yet things had gone as fate or the Force had willed it and Veiere found himself reluctantly turning with Samka's calling attention to [member="Lady Kay"], resigning the subject of conversation in it's somewhat ushered conclusion.

The mention of his family hadn't escaped his notice, his eyes took in the beauty of his wife while his thoughts mulled over the words. Less of a threat and more so a warning but a clear one none the less; he not one at all to take such things lightly especially given the recent treatment of his wife upon First Order grounds now past. If she felt that Veiere needed reminding of his priorities, rest assured they had not been forgotten though nor was he the silent type when push came to shove. With any luck neither one of them would see themselves on the bad end of one another; in that event Veiere imagined more would suffer than gain anything from such things. 'Politics...' he thought scornfully to himself, 'nothing is ever straight forward with such things'. He certainly didn't care for the sugar coating of words and false smiles that accompanied the responsibility of worlds behind their representation. There was however, always a price to be paid for stepping out in the aid and support of others that they need not suffer nor struggle to live in good standing.

"I hope all is well with your Assistant, dear?" Veiere sought to turn his attention to Kay, changing the subject of his concerns back to that of the girl who had shown something of an episode. He hadn't meant to seem inconsiderate, his attention had been on speaking with the young Master of Ren for obvious concerns yet it had been enough to pull Kay away for some time and the residing tension that he could feel through their shared bond on the Force gave him the impression that it might have been more serious than he'd given credit for.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Perhaps there was more written on her face than she had realized. Both [member="Samka Derith"] and [member="Veiere Arenais"] had picked up on her anxiety. It had been becoming difficult at hiding her feelings, more than likely due to her pregnancy, as emotions just felt stronger somehow. It was one of life's mysteries as to why that was. Perhaps it was the combination of having more than one life force in her body.

Kay bowed her head to Sam. "I'm alright, thank you." Her eyes drifted up to meet her husband's. "She's...dealing with post traumatic stress. I've sent her home with Brad, Silfie and [member="Jairdain"] so that she isn't alone. But I'm not so sure if we should linger here for very long." The ball itself was a lot quieter than most, so it probably wasn't as though they'd be missed. They were outsiders anyways.

Her arm found it's way to link with her husband's. This was supposed to be a lovely evening for the two of them to share together. But as always the needs of others came before themselves. And with [member="Kirie Ito"] 's fainting spell on her mind, Kay was going to be too distracted to enjoy herself anyways.

"Perhaps we can come back for another visit later."

[member="Bradshaw Ku"] [member="Silfe Sosuri"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom