Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Onderon! For Clan Raxis! (Clan Raxis Rebellion of the FWC Onderon hex)

Mercutio did not respond to his Mistress' telepathic message, instead he suddenly sprang into action without warning.
With a flash of golden light he quickly moved to disable three young adults who'd been loitering just outside of their position. He did not harm them very much. He merely cleaved two of their calves and plunged his blade into the left kneecap of another.

As the kneecapped youth cried out in anguish a small radio fell from within his jacket.
Dropping his force cloak Mercutio quickly smashed the radio with his heel, using his free hand to pull the boy up to eye level.

"WE WERENT GONNA DO NOTHIN'! I.. I ... Mean... we WERE.. But everythings gone dark! No ones told us anything! We don't know what to do!"

The young man pleaded as Mercutio dragged him and dropped him nonchalantly at Ra's feet after insuring they had a moment of privacy, knowing the other two he'd left behind would not be going anywhere any time soon.

"Mistress. It would seem their commanders have stopped issuing orders.. IF we are to believe what he is saying.. Could it be a ruse of some kind?"

He stared into her eyes from behind the steel mask, steady and focused.

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Objective: Continue to provide aid to system, despite previous aid having been commandeered by unknown parties since Onderon's induction to FWC.
Allies: FWC, previously established civic centers, safe houses and hospitals.
Enemies: Trust no one outside of FWC and it's allies. Intelligence report false propaganda that has undermined FWC aid since Onderon's inception into the FWC.
Equipment: Mariner IV, food and medical supplies.

"I.... I understand..." She nodded, initiating the ship lock down for take off.
She knew she should have had complete faith in Tavi...as her queen certainly did.
But seeing Clan Thum, and especially Kur awaiting them armored and armed, Marina had thought the worst. She definitely didn't want a confrontation, so mistakenly had thought it best for her to solely meet the Kur. But she should have trusted Tavi, for he were a warrior himself, which had seen many engagements. And like true warriors of honor, would not escalate anything unless the other opponent did first.

"I shouldn't have assumed anything. I'm still not full up to par in Mandelorean codes of honor and that kind of thing.
Not to mention a lot of military protocols as it concerns the truce that should exist between two warriors of different factions...." She went to explain, as her droid assisted her in the flight sequence.
TK was handling the other pertinent ship functions like purging the ship of foreign contaminants and microbes, and getting back to air purification through it's hepa filtration system.

"It won't happen again, Tavi.
I shouldn't have doubted and second guessed myself..you. It kind of put me in the 'I don't trust you' category. But I do trust you...just...just don't wish anyone to be hurt.
I can't help that sometimes....please accept my apology. It won't happen again...promise."

Marina gave her ship some distance from the community, before she lit it up, accelerating to mach 5.
They were truly in a crisis and Kur had confirmed it. To what extend, they wouldn't know till they got further North.

"Tavi..." She then said, as they speed supersonic just a couple hundred meters over the terrain,
"...I may not like it... you know, the use of weapons against other beings... but I can't control your life.
i can't insist how you should defend yourself. You have every right to use any means you feel necessary to preserve your existence.
Just...just please, don't hurt anyone on my account. You'll be hurting me..." She looked into the void of his face mask, his helmet.
Her eyes certainly conveyed the message; she would die before she would have others come to harm on her account. But she knew Tavi couldn't be expected to not defend his self and she understood and respected that.

be de beep de beep... her droid complained that one of Tavi's droid was trying to assist in his ship's duty.

"Sigh...share, TK..." She replied, then looked over to Tavi again.
"We're all in this together here. Got to learn to trust the others..."

_________________ ~ ~ ~ ~ ________________​

be de beep beep... her droid was indicating they were coming up on the small mining town and community at the foot of the midland mountain range.
The community of miners and their family was rather small in comparison to a city. It's mixed population of humanoid and various other races had put the number at 374 residents, last time she visited 3 months prior.
There were quite a few toddlers and infants with a few families expecting... hence, the Mariner IV having picked up pallets of infant formulas, when they picked up Tavi.

She had throttled down, dropping her speed well below the sound barrier, so she wouldn't come in with a boom well off in the distant.
Marina brought her ship down smack in the town center, seeing that there were no real signs of any disruption.
There were some residents that merely took to distance themselves from the descending craft, as it did kick up some dust. But the ship were designed to minimize such things and merely just created a bit of dust which was quickly settling out and dissipating.

Marina looked over to Tvi and nodded. Her smile still said she was nervous...
Still, she had made a promise and wasn't going to dictate anything to [member="Tavi Riley"]...she was to put her trust in him or none at all.

Allies: FWC, [member="Delila Castillon"] [member="Errreembuhr"]

Xin found that people just tended to be polite to wookies. They tended to speak clearly too. Perhaps it was because of the language barrier. Perhaps because of the possibility of a misunderstanding leading to having one's arms ripped from their sockets.

Xin didn't know, but other people did it. Might have been two thousand years of people being cautious around wookies because of one angry individual and a lot of rumours.

"Xin, pleasure to meet yuh," he said as he offered his hand. He tried to keep his accent to a minimum. He left off the captain but he'd quite liked hearing it. He turned over his shoulder to look back at the ship.

Xin could sense the tension in the air. The politics of the situation escaped him but he knew how stupid desperate people could get. Ideas that no rational person would accept could suddenly become quite attractive when everything else looked like kark.

"Here to help," Xin offered. He gave the Dahlia a final glance. That type of cloak was a particularly bad idea at low altitude but he didn't know what the problems were. Distributing supplies might be more of a problem than what seemed to be a very limited uprising.

​Location: Above Onderon/ Beginning IZIZ landing
​Allies: FWC

Ships lifted out of the hanger and squadrons flew off into space. The hanger was filled with the dark smog of the entire fighter and bomber forces mobilizing. Harris stepped into the hanger and looked out at the crewmen directing ships to launch and all the action. He stood, watching over them.
"You ready to get on the ground?"
"Almost, don't get too excited deadeye."
Harris turned to deadeye, who was standing slight behind him.
"I hope we had what you were looking for in the workshops."
"Yes I did. Thank you."
"Walk with me." Harris motioned for deadeye and began leading down the hall, with his cape grazing the ground right behind him, and a guard at either side. He walked at a slow pace, and deadeye walked up to his side.
"The ground forces are mobilizing, the fighters have air superiority, but there is one last precaution that needs to be checked."
Deadeye sort of hung his head, knowing the next words that would come from his mouth.
"I need to know, that you know, this is nonlethal only against the rioters."
"I'm aware Harris."
"Good. Get your Stuff together, we are preparing to go groundside."
Deadeye shook his head and jogged to his ship as Harris walked to the bridge. He rounded the corners and traveled the halls all the way to the monorail. He stepped on and road it to the central halls and stepped off, then walked to the elevators and rode them up to the bridge. The door opened and he stepped out.
"You all set admiral?"
Harris walked past wills and up to the navigations table.
"Yeah, just making a few last minute checks."
"Your transport is ready in the hanger bay and the pilots are prepared to take off. Are you positive you want to be on the ground?"
"Yes Wills, I am all ready to go too. Get to the ship and I'll be right down, I need to grab something."
Harris pushed a button on the table and the communications popped up. He scanned the holograms until he seen the two captains names and he clicked on both of them.
"Captains Howard Vickers, Begin decent onto the planet and prep your ships for landing in the premarked town squares."
Both said "Yes Sir!" in unison and then they faded off. Harris turned towards the back of the bridge and stepped into the elevator. The door closed and he selected the officers quarters floor. The elevator dinged and began descending down the shaft to the quarters. Harris hummed to himself and thought as he had before about how easily he could become an emperor in this crazy galaxy. This wasn't the olden days where a single force united the whole galaxy, he could just conquer some systems and people would acknowledge it. Harris had a strange inner craving for this power. He had to keep it in check. He shook his head.
The elevator door opened and Harris walked down the hall and into his private quarters. He walked up to his large closet and pushed the door switch. Upon pushing the pin-key, the door slid open and a small room revealed itself. Harris looked on the shelves and then seen it. An unmarked, ancient crate that hadn't been touched in years. Harris grabbed it and pulled it out and onto his bed. He ran his hand upon the growing touchpad and a clump of heavy dust came off the faint glowing light. Harris put his hand flat on it and the crate released, opening for Harris to look inside.
He pulled out a set of old imperial officer armor and lay it out on the bed, he then pulled out a matching helmet and began to put the armor on. after putting it on, Harris grabbed his rifle at the door and stepped out of his quarters.

Tavi turned his head towards Marina and nodded his head. "It alright, though I appreciate hearing your thoughts. It can be very hard trusting people. Seems like everyone has an agenda these days. Plus, we only met today really...I tell you this. I trust you. Two reasons. First, you seem like a noble and good person... I did a background check. Second, your a pacifist. So I don't see you stabbing me in the back, and that earns some trust points."

Tavi then leaned in his seat and said "Taking a nap wake me when we get to the next stop....and guys stop pissing off her friend."

Tavi went to sleep listening to beeps, chirps, and the hum of the ship.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tavi woke to the sound of the ship touching the ground. He immediately did a check with all his drones. When they all reported that they were good, Tavi stretched from his seat and looked out the window. He cracked his neck and turned back to Marina.

"Do you always have to make an entrance? The center of town really? In these times that scares people, or makes them panic enough to shoot at us." Tavi said as he shook his head.

Tavi looked outside again and saw all manner of beings stepping into the center of the village. Most seemed armed with basic blasters...and even some mining equipment. Tavi frowned as he saw a crowd starting to form around the ship...into unorganized defensive positions. Well, Tavi didn't think these people were going to give them a welcome or break bread with them...wouldn't mind it if that did happen though.

"They look like a friendly bunch... let's go say hi. Net stay with Marina. Rest of you boys stick with me." Tavi said as he attached his rifle to his back, and made his way out of the ship with the others. As they lowered the ramp, they heard whispers and then silence. Tavi turned his head to Marina and moved in front of her.

"If things go wrong, get back into the ship. Don't look back." Tavi said as he walked down the ramp, blocking LOS on Marina with his body.

When they made contact with the ground, they were introduced to a putrid smell. A smell of dirt, dust, sweat, and piss, which seemed to be coming from the large mass of villagers surrounding the ship. Tavi slowly looked around at the suspicious faces. This didn't feel right.

"Hello! We come to bring supplies." Tavi yelled out for everyone to hear.

"Who the krayt ar you?!"

"My name is Tavi, and this is Marina. We just want to help. We got medicat-" Tavi started to say calmly, untill he was interupted.

"Who do you work for?!"

Tavi frowned as he looked around at the crowd. "The FWC...Free World's Coalition."

Apparently, that was the wrong thing to say as the crowd erupted into yells and shouts.

"Where the krayt have you been!

"Now you show up!"

"Why didn't you come sooner! We may just be miners, but come on!"

"Give us the poodoo and leave!"

"Why don't we teach them a lesson!"

"Yeah! Then we take the supplies!"

Tavi frowned as he heard the last few comments, his hand went to the stun baton at his waist. Before things escalated more, there were shots in the air, and the crowd erupted into a panic until a group of men came forward, all armed with blasters. They seemed to be more healthy and clean compared to the rest of the villagers and even wore some armor. One of them stepped up, a young boy wearing a mining helmet, and two blasters in each hand.

"Now! This is not how we treat guests. What has this villager come to! We are miners, not scum!" The boy yelled out while looking at the assembled crowd. He then turned towards Tavi and bowed his head.

"I am Val Nguyen. The current leader of our villager....the former leader was my father. He past away a month ago." Val said as he took off his helmet.

Val stepped forward, his eyes hardening and his hands gripping his blasters hard

"Where have you guys been? First, you take our supplies, and then don't come back at all. We have been struggling to survive!"

"Wait---we took your supplies? The FWC?" Tavi said slowly his eyes widening.

"Yes! Your last group that came in two months ago took away all our supplies saying they were needed else where, and we would receive a new batch in a week. Nothing for two months! We have people starving, we are running out of formula for the infants! The elderly have already been dying! Why has the FWC done this to us!?" Val said his frustration coming out. The group of people around him seeming to gain some courage, and they started to yell back too.

Tavi looked around at the people gathered around him and gulped. This crowd was held back by Val. If he turned against them, then the whole village was going to go against them. This was bad.

"Looks like our supplies havent't just been stolen...they have been taking it from the people pretending to be us...." Tavi whispered to [member="Marina DeVoe"].

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Objective: Continue to provide aid to system, despite previous aid having been commandeered by unknown parties since Onderon's induction to FWC.
Allies: FWC, previously established civic centers, safe houses and hospitals.
Enemies: Trust no one outside of FWC and it's allies. Intelligence report false propaganda that has undermined FWC aid since Onderon's inception into the FWC.
Equipment: Mariner IV, food and medical supplies.

"What?"....she came around Tavi, stepping forward again.

"Tang Set Nguyen is dead?...." She asked unbelieving.

The young warrior whom had identified his self as the her friend's son, nodded.

"No...no, that can't be. He had the medicine...it was going to eradicate the infection. I gave it to him last quarter...4 months ago.." Marina was besides herself.
She had known the Clan leader, only had not ever met his son. And here he were standing now between Tavi, herself and the desperate mining community.
And the FWC had returned after her and taken...everything? Marina was at a loss for words. That couldn't be right...couldn't be true. But what could she say, but that she believed it were not any members of the coalition?

She turned to Tavi, shrugging her shoulders and shaking her head to let him know she knew nothing of the accusations of the FWC retaking the supplies she left with Tang. Marina didn't know what she could say to these people, let alone Tang's son.

But he spoke taking a step toward her.
"You do not know of this, do you?" He said, looking into her eyes...now swelling with tears about to fall.
"I was beside my father, his last few days. My father spoke his last words to me...one was a name. Marina. Marina will return, he said to me." Val remained un-moving towering over Marina.

"You have no words...no denial...no admittance. Yet I don't see lies in your eyes, Marina."

They came back to take more, Val!...

Yea, you were there, Val... they come, they give, and then they come to take it all back.

"YES, they came and they retook what was given." he shouted back at the crowd. "But she did not take it back. And she is here now to take back what?!...NOTHING!"

Marina was at this point almost lost for breath, as it seemed the crowd and Val were angry at being betrayed,lied to and left as devastated as before the FWC had come to give them aid. And of the aid, that they had received, the FWC had taken it back.

"Have you now come to return what your people took from us..is that why you have returned?" He asked after waving his hand for the crowd to let him speak.

"N..no.
Ahem... I am just returning...as I promised Tang Set, your father. I promised to bring more medicine and infant formula...again.
I...I don't know who came after me to retake what I gave your father..your community, Val... I don't know who would do such a thing. The FWC doesn't need to commandeer supplies from one community to give to another. This I have never seen." She replied, as some of the people in the crowd took to take a few steps forward...but still behind Val.

"No...no you do not know, Marina DeVoe. Your eyes do not lie." Val then said stepping back.

"Then you will accept what we bring?" She then asked, her eyes moving from Val to the crowd. But not all were convinced with what she had said, nor were they satisfied with Val's words that she spoke the truth.

Lets take it all, Val....we are due!
Yea, take the ship too!

"NO!... We are not marauders. We live by a code. Are we to become thieves now? Is this what we will teach our young...to take what is not given?" Val half turned his head, his attention to the crowd to get them back in control.
He then turned to marina and Tavi. "What if we take all that you harbor in that ship?" He asked.

"Then other will receive nothing. There are other com-"

"Yes, their hardships I know." He held up his hand for her to stop.
" There are other villages further North who suffer more than we here. And we have lost more than 7 mother's hearts and wives could bare...and two more were mothers too, as I have lost my father."

"I...I am sorry for all the loss...I truly am, Val."

"Your eyes don't lie, Marina. What can you leave us?"

Everything Val...lets take what is owed!...shouted a burly man in the crowd.

"And you will then bare the shame of loss to our kin in the North, Saman?" Val shouted behind him.
"If Marina leaves us what we need, then our suffering is lessened and also that of our kin in the North!
We take it all, we are no better than the ones who came to take from us." Val then said, which seemed to quiet the skeptical ones...for now.

"I can spare what I brought before in medicine and food rations. I have brought extra formula for the young ones." She nervously answered.
"I take it that the North has seen as much hardship as here? If so, they will need as much."

"I don't know of this day, but word of yesterday speaks of many who have suffered more loss than we here." Val relayed what slow news of the North had come to be known in his community. Most if not all of the communications in the smaller settlements were out.

"Then I shall have to make haste...get to them this day also."
Marina took a step to the side, inviting Val and the men who had come with him to settle down the mob into the Mariner IV.
"Best you and your men help us unload what we came here to bring...so that we can continue ahead North."

Val nodded, giving some hand signals that brought forth four of his men, while the rest remained between the crowd and the ship.

[member="Tavi Riley"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom