Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fool Me Once - TSE Dominion of Rychel

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Lark's eyes focused on two different areas of interest once he found Gnox the Insatiable herald absolute carnage upon the Yuuzhan Vong. The first was the lightning. It was exceptionally powerful, though it wasn't the ferocity of it that piqued his curiosity. It was the fact that it worked. The warrior first struck, and those around him, all turned to ash in a matter of moments. So, it would seem electricity is effective against them. I suppose that makes sense. Good. Another tool to be used to uncover what these abnormal monstrosities fear.

The other phenomena that caught his attention was Gnox's healing factor. Lark first noticed it soon after the shuttle released them into this hellish scene, and now the dog's charred skin mended itself. It wasn't unusual for different species to have some sort of regenerative ability, but he had never even seen one of Gnox's kind. Something told Lark he wouldn't have much luck asking the bestial Lord over for a glass of wine to learn such things. Perhaps it would worth colluding with AMCO AMCO to share some of what they discovered. Maybe then they could make some sense of what exactly was going on.

Lark spared a look for Darth Strosius Darth Strosius as the young man got his first taste of real fighting outside a training arena or gladiatorial bout. He wished his fellow acolyte well, but he had to fight that battle on his own. Now was the time for Alisteri to prove himself. Lark would be doing both of them a disservice by rushing in to help.

Other Space Kaiden Other Space Kaiden let out a howl that could have brought about the end of times, the heat Lark felt from the scream was second only to his own cradle of fire he slept in on Myrkr. A piece of molten metal scorched by his head, nearly taking it off. But nevertheless Lark retained his aloof, unperturbed demeanor, a characteristic that seemed so out of place in comparison to everything unfurling around him. There was another monolith that demanded Lark's attention.

The Vong base towered over the warring forces, and somewhere underneath that eminent locus was the source of the Vong terror. What was it that brought these formidable beings outside the existence of the Force such terror? How unimaginable could such a concept be?

Lark had to know.

Milou Ishkal Milou Ishkal Qor-Cuzoacl First Sister First Sister Karn Zhakul Karn Zhakul

8MQtcV0.png
Tags: Qor-Cuzoacl Other Space Kaiden Other Space Kaiden Darth Strosius Darth Strosius Lark Lark Gnox the Insatiable
Objective: I & III

The Kissai marched forward.

A horrific torrent of blaster fire and organic shells met them in their advance, cutting down Legionnaires in droves, yet so far none had struck Athanasia or her fellow apprentice, owing to the protective barrier raised by her master.

Yet, it was the blade she didn’t see that was most lethal.

The sound of a nearby Sith’s animalistic howl drew her attention, but she could not evade the explosion that came next. A piece of molten shrapnel buried itself in her gammaplast plate cuirass, the kinetic force rippling through her insides as she was thrown to the ground from the impact.

Venlana’ulak and her fellow apprentice, did not spare the diminutive Kissai a single glance, continuing into the base as if she had never been there to begin with, accompanied by the squad of Legionnaires who only gave her a few stares as she fought to recover her breath. The wind escaped her, knocked out of her lungs as the monstrous Sith who had wrought the destructive spell stomped past her fallen form, striking down yet more Vong in his unceasing advance. However, many of the foul creatures escaped his wrath, one of whom eyed the fallen Priestess, seeking an easy kill as he watched the tiny woman struggle for air.

With a low and predatory growl, the monster stalked towards her, firing a barrage of organic shells which were fortunately intercepted by an invisible aegis of Force energy, summoned forth from her shield talisman. All the while, Athanasia pushed herself up to her knees, taking in the vengeful beast as it unloaded what was left of its magazine into her shield. Nevertheless, the creature gave an arrogant hiss, seeming to prefer the excuse to finish his kill in an intimate bladed fashion, rather than through the impersonal methodology of a rifle. Tossing the weapon to the side, the Vong pulled out a wicked-looking blade before launching itself into a dead sprint, intent on skewering the Kissai on the poisoned edge of his sword.

Athanasia’s eyes widened, searching in panic to find her fallen rifle and fighting blade, which unfortunately were not close enough for her to pick up and utilize in any capacity before the beast closed in. Caught without a weapon, the Kissai briefly closed her eyes, sensing the mark on her bosom throb with the power of Bogan, even in what was ostensibly a hopeless situation. And so, summoning what was left of her strength, Athanasia took a labored breath and drove her body into a full sprint towards the charging Vong, unleashing an ear splitting scream from her lips as her aggressive play caught the monster flat footed, before it realized what the Kissai intended to do.

The realization came far too late.

Athanasia launched her body at the Vong as if she were a missile, leading with the
sharp horn on her forehead as the opposing momentum of her sprint and the Vong’s charge violently clashed together, driving the Qilin’s adamantine horn into the Vong’s ridged forehead, which shattered under the stress of kinetic force channeled into a single, deadly point. From there, the horn continued on, penetrating soft brain matter and punching into the brainstem, eliciting a terrible scream from the beast as it collapsed to the ground, with the tiny Priestess landing on top of his horrifically spasming form...

Last edited:
She was careful, this one. Subtle. Yet for all her carefulness she was still bound by the frailties of the flesh and the limitations of physical matter. It would have been easier if she had one of their cloaks-that-were-not-cloaks; the items that distorted light and its kin within its area of influence.

Those were quite rare, of course. No doubt required unusual materials and skilled artisans. Not a thing for an Acolyte, least of all one being tested.

Making no move to aid or impede her progress, it simply observed - harder than usual, given the repugnable absence of these Vong.

---

Pausing momentarily as if listening to an unheard voice, the lone Vong warrior shifted from its post and stepped towards the repurposed security room, no doubt intending to replace the operators that had been called away to spill the blood of the invaders.

Not that their strange biotechnology was not able to remain semi-functional even when unhandled.

Elsewhere too, silent commands were issued, warriors reinforcing their kin and preparing for a layered defence.

Objective one

It had been a long while since I had been in the heat of battle. For over a decade I had kept myself away from the roiling maelstrom that was outright warfare. Not because I hated it or was particularly afraid of the outcome but simply because my captors the Mandalorians had willed it of me. What my youthful mind needed was intellectual stimuli instead of the heady thrill that came with combat. Now however began a new stage in my existence , one in which I needed to make a good first impression upon the magi that controlled the ancient order of the Sith.

Exalting in the feel of warm air under my wings I soared over the battlefield taking note of of the combatants. On one side the Yuuzhan Vong adorned in their strange biological weapons and armor and on the other what should my first impression go well might be my future teachers. From what I could see there were seven core combatants. Three appeared to be large bestial humanoids each of superior rank. The first Qor-Cuzoacl a reptile such as myself whose form I only caught for a second as he slipped into the darkness. The second Gnox the Insatiable was mammalian and furred appearing to be some hybrid of humanoid and hyena akin to the gnolls from human legend. It clearly did not care for the art of stealth as it hurled sorcerous ligtning across the battlefield. The final juggernaut Other Space Kaiden Other Space Kaiden , though smaller than the previous two, seemed no less ferocious letting out roars of bloothirst mixed with the arcane power of pyromancy to devastating effect.

My gaze shifted from those ogrishly brutal forms to the more subdued members of the sith host. Two male youths seemingly human, the first
Darth Strosius Darth Strosius concealing his features in a mask as he danced a tango of death with a vong warrior. The second Lark Lark , his red hair contrasted by his cold and analytic gaze, appeared to be taking in the battlefield much as I was. Finally there was a tiny female First Sister First Sister , a member of a diminutive species that possessed a singular horn reminiscent of the unicorns of old.

I had a decision to make. Throw myself into the fray next to one of the elder Sith where my prowess in battle could better be observed or place myself next to the acolytes who should I be accepted into the ranks of the magi be my fellows. It didn't ponder this particular conundrum very long. The answer was of course to join the fray with the acolytes. Given my sheer size it would be a miracle if anyone on the battlefield didn't register my presence. That way I wouldn't appear too presumptuous.

Raising my wings I began to dive. Towards a formation of Vong warriors I sped faster and faster. The leader of the group a scarred veteran clad in the queer crablike vestments of his people looked skyward noticing my descent. Weapons were hastily drawn and fired in desperation blaster bolts and living ammunition careened off my scales lacking the caliber to pierce my natural defenses.

Then I impacted.

There was a sickening crunch as the commander and three of his men died instantly. Their armor, unable to withstand my considerable weight cracked and crumpled like eggshells underfoot. Ribs and spines gave out splintering into mangled messes. The earth rocked from the impact as if a localized earthquake had just been centered on the vong unit. Pain shot through my limbs, that sort of hawk dive was a great way to get an initial advantage on the enemy but it wasn't great for the front or back legs. No time to worry about that though I suspected I had about 1.5 seconds before one of the Vong got the wherewithal to pull a grenade. My front claw shooting out I grabbed a particularly enterprising vong whose hand was already going towards his belt. The soulless warrior screamed as I lifted him bodily from the ground and swung him twice sweeping him across the battlefield to smash into his fellows. The unit either incapacitated or dead I turned my head to look at my fellows addressing Lark Lark and First Sister First Sister who seemed to have a second to spare unlike Darth Strosius Darth Strosius who was even now wrapped up in a duel.

"Brother, sister what exactly is our objective here? I can assist in clearing Vong warriors but do we have a larger goal that I should be working towards?"

Last edited:

Gnox the Insatiable

G

CricketBarTSEgrey.png

Objective: One
Tags: Lark Lark Darth Strosius Darth Strosius Other Space Kaiden Other Space Kaiden Qor-Cuzoacl Milou Ishkal Milou Ishkal AMCO AMCO First Sister First Sister

Gnox watched the two acolytes that had originally joined him, curious on just how well they'd fair. Lark was learning. Alisteri was.. Fighting. A fight was one of the best ways to learn, after all. He barely registered the Vong that had rushed up behind him with the twitch of an ear. A sneak attack, in a hopes to bring down one of the massive beasts currently ripping across the battlefield like sheers cutting through paper. He didn't have the time to register that he was dead as the large beast of a Sith crushed his skull with a massive hand.

"I'm growing too lax. Survive to the end, little Sithling, and I'll teach you whatever you'd like to know. For now.."

He brought the still warm corpse close, taking a massive bite out of it. Vong blood oozed down his fangs. No, he still couldn't truly consume them. Very well. The mangled remains were cast aside as his red gaze fell once more to the carnage around him. While he'd been teaching the other beastly figures had been rending death and destruction.

Metal formed in his palm, slowly taking shape. A three headed mace formed from it, oozing with the same hunger as he. Dripping with poison. Then he was off. Standing to his full height he rushed into the battlefield, cackling madly as he swung his mace in reckless strikes. One sweep of his weapon sent dozes flying. Armor cracked, poison taking effect, bones crushed. Those who didn't meet the dark weapon met claw and tooth, to be rend apart by the bestial hunger of the Sith.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Objective One
Gnox the Insatiable / Lark Lark / Qor-Cuzoacl / First Sister First Sister
-------------------------------------------

The Vong warrior wielded his amphistaff masterfully, easily blocking and deflecting whatever strike Alisteri attempted to make. The acolyte growled in frustration, his attacks turning ever more reckless and wrathful as the fight went on. He had been training with his lightsaber for weeks, attempting to become some sort proper Sith in combat.

Yet here, he was clearly on the back foot.

As the Vong parried one of his attacks and swung his weapon around to strike the acolyte, both of them were knocked off of their feet by a wave of power accompanied by a barrage of molten shrapnel tearing into the Vong's side.

They both hit the ground, Alisteri somehow spared the barrage as he looked across the battlefield to see the hulking form of Other Space Kaiden Other Space Kaiden . He felt himself pale a bit at the sight of the Sith Lord; his ears still ringing a bit from the how of rage that the Sith had uttered. Thankfully he had a distraction from the sight of his monstrous ally in the form of the Vong warrior springing to his feet and delivering a swift punch to his jaw.

Once again the Sith Acolyte and the Vong Warrior were in a brawl, more so physical than with their weapons this time. Mostly due to the fact that both his sabre and his enemy's staff had been thrown down in surprise amidst the shrapnel.

As they fought fist to fist, Alisteri focused on the area around them; glancing and seeing his weapon still activated on the ground behind the Vong. He couldn't make a run for it with this warrior right in front of him like this, but he could get his sabre another way. The Force. As he defended himself from the onslaught of blows from the Vong, he reached out to grasp the handle of his sabre with the Force.

His concentration was broken for a moment as he spotted Ulrich Ulrich land further down the battlefield, his confusion being replaced by pain and anger as the Vong managed to get a punch in on the acolyte.

He wasn't the most skilled in the ways of the Force at the best of times, and certainly not when he was having to dodge and block attacks, but he managed to levitate the weapon up into the air. With a quick motion he blocked another punch and his lightsaber went flying towards the pair, the Vong warrior barely registering his own death as the blade cut through the back of his neck and the hilt landed in Alisteri's now open hand.

As his opponent's body fell he paused for a brief moment to catch his breath before looking over at his fellow Sith in the battle. No rest for the wicked, he supposed.

Said moment was interrupted as he had to duck for cover from a stray shot coming from the Vong.

Last edited:
It approached. Even better yet, it was moving as though it had the security room as his new destination. Milou took a step backwards to clear the doorway, standing next to it, lightsaber hilt gripped tightly. The thought of ending the creature's life sparked a sense of curiosity within the woman as well, the question whether Vong actually bled, and if so, what color. An ultimately useless bit of information, but an intriguing question nonetheless. She was going to get her answer in a few seconds.

The door slid open, the creature stepped through, and before it could react a bright red beam pierced its skull. A look of shock was visible on its face before it drained away, along with its life. It crumpled into a heap just in front of the door, its singular piercing wound cauterized.

Now to get the answer to her question.

Milou swiftly pulled a dagger out of its holster and, after a quick look around, blinked to revert her vision to normal. She squatted down and brought the knife to the creature's arm, making a small incision.

Black. Curious.

Not wasting any more time than that, the woman stood back up and holstered the knife, stepping over the corpse to what used to be the living quarters.

AMCO AMCO

The husk-creature was dispatched with remarkable ease; a mercy, no doubt, given its absence from the great web linking all that was truly alive. Having expected the Sithling to move on, to relentlessly pursue her objectives, the Shadow was quite surprised by her actions, if only for a moment.

Gliding closer, unseen eyes observed the strange substance even as the being they belonged to appreciated her actions.

Even as she left, it hung there for a long moment, silently observing. It was black, yes, but with a tinge of something more. Little lifeforms that seemed out of place, somehow. A quirk of Yuuzhan Vong biology, or a mutation... or something more?

Curiosity only growing, it followed in her wake, more alert than ever. Perhaps this one was scientifically-minded; if so, she might alleviate the mild annoyance it felt at being unable to autopsy these most unusual (in a bad way) creatures. Alas, a body would have been ill-suited for observations.

Well that was certainly interesting, she thought. On the display in front of her and the team that had accompanied her were brain and DNA scans from one of the Vong specimens brought to them. Right beside those displays were those from a Vong serving under the Sith, a normal specimen of the Warrior caste. And there were discrepancies, fascinating indeed as they were subtle, but the Vong here on Rychel were not the same as their species brethren anymore.

Ironic really. The Vong and their Shapers were extremely adept at altering living beings to serve their purposes and it would appear someone or something had done it to the Vong on this world. Areas of the brain seemed to show modifications for compliance to orders, some higher functions either shut off or altered. Even the very DNA of the subject captured showed some mutations, although their purpose weren't known yet. It could also be that the this specimen was an aberration, but she felt like that wouldn't be the case as they examined more.

She also wrote off Voracitos for this as the modifications weren't the same and weren't made to increase hunger in the subject. If anything, they were more territorial... almost like they had been altered to be compliant guardians. Interesting.

Luckily, no unexpected surprises awaited Milou as she entered the room. Thermal vision had not deceived her and no other creatures were awaiting her here, though she knew better than to dally. They'd find her here sooner or later, and there was work to be done. A quick look around was all the woman needed to find the door she was looking for, confirming that the old blueprint of the building was still accurate enough to be useful.

Once again, as she got to the door, Milou switched her eyes into thermal vision, peering through the door to find nothing. She opened the door and quickly stepped through, coming to the sub-level lift. Getting here had gone surprisingly smoothly, though she kept her wits about her. She had no idea what would be waiting for her down below.

Milou stepped into the lift, pushed the button to head down, and prepared herself for whatever was waiting down there. If they were waiting, she'd had to act fast.

AMCO AMCO

Deeper in they went, the Sithling and the Shadow following in her wake; first through another, mostly empty hall, then into the lift that would bring them into the very bowels of the facility. As with so much else in this place, its mechanical nature shone through even as the Vong had added their own strange biotech to the blend. Thankfully for the entirely-too-corporeal Sithling, the buttons yet worked.

Her stance and the wariness therein conveyed alertness quite well - she would be ready for what was to come, no doubt, but as would they; despite their accursed nature severing them from the Force's embrace, the beings seemed able to communicate, much like puppets dancing on strings.

How curious. Extending his form and by extension his senses down and out, he became aware of what awaited her - that, that was simply not fair.

<Duck to your left.> Telepathic voice coming from nowhere and everywhere, he hoped she would take his advice; an amphistaff's spit was hardly a pleasant surprise, from what he had read, and the pair of guards seemed quite aware that none of theirs were descending.

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Objective: One/Three
Tags: Gnox the Insatiable Darth Strosius Darth Strosius Ulrich Ulrich First Sister First Sister AMCO AMCO Milou Ishkal Milou Ishkal Other Space Kaiden Other Space Kaiden

Once, so very long ago, Lark thought he knew the true meaning of terror. He was a mere child, abandoned by his family within the slums of one of the most perverted, vile planets in the galaxy. Left to fend for himself, all alone. The cold abyss that heralded his solitude was as incomprehensibly terrifying as the darkest void of space. Being forsaken, with only whatever it was that his mind was warping into for company. Knowing that his mind was being twisted and contorted into something monstrous, and there was nothing he could do to stop it. But once he bathed in the power that came with that terror, the embers and ashes of his home, he knew that there was never anything he truly needed to be afraid of. Could that truly have been as horrible a sensation one could experience?

No, of course it wasn't. Merely reading the first word of his Necronomicon proved that. A single scribble of that maddening text was enough to drive the most well-read scholar to insanity. That wicked calligraphy was tainted with corruption unfathomable to mortal minds. Secrets that were never meant to be uncovered, truths about reality so hideous one would rather snuff out their own life before succumbing to them. Lark was the only being that drew breath who understood even a modicum of what was held within those eldritch pages. Once, that too terrified him. He had not mastered it, not yet. But the time would come when even that amalgamation of words would bend to his will.

Peace was what most beings sought. That took different forms depending on the person, all Lark wanted was to be reunited with his siblings. Yes, peace was a reasonable goal to seek.

But fear. That was what ruled people.

And mastering fear granted power.

So, what was it that the Yuuzhan Vong feared? What could possibly make these vicious warriors who thrived off slaughter and pain soil themselves by merely thinking about it? Such an entity must be horrible indeed. A wonderful resource Lark could use to understand more of the fabrics that wove the minds of the galaxy together.

A strong gust of wind buffeted Lark as he observed the Yuuzhan Vong with a chillingly cold gaze, but his smile was as warm as the most gentle hearth as he welcomed another bestial acolyte into the fray. The fellow inquired upon their goals, and whether there was some ultimate mission that required completion. Nearby, a tiny priestess drilled her horn into the frame, she was reminiscent of a fairy from old childhood stories Lark had read within that orphanage. A dragon and a pixie stand by my side, and we war against an ancient, strange enemy. I hadn't realized I stepped foot into a fable. If the Yuuzhan Vong had seeped out from the pages of some forgotten storybook, they pale in comparison to that little prince...

"Our objectives come in two parts,"
Lark began, putting thoughts regarding the story of the Nameless Prince to the side. "The first is the annihilation of the Yuuzhan Vong army. From their weapons and armors, we're able to supply our own forces with armaments that will be of great aid to the Sith in our future conquests. Perhaps more importantly," he continued, turning towards the main Vong base. "Somewhere beneath that bloodied locus is something so haunting even the Yuuzhan Vong shudder when it draws near. We're to record what such an entity might be, and recover it for further study."

Lark's gaze was unwavering, locked on that base.

It was time to learn what beings from outside the known galaxy feared.

Milou's lightsaber, which was already active, was gripped tightly as the elevator slowed down to a gradual halt. Right before the door opened though, a strange voice echoed through her head. The split-second glance at the amphistaff and accompanying vong guards was enough for her to follow the voice, and so duck she did.

The spit whizzed just past her, but there was no time to take a breath just yet. The acolyte shot forward and out of the elevator with a rapid slash, severing the amphistaff's head. She made sure to immediately create distance between herself and the remaining guards, looking to take out their amphistaffs one by one.

Three guards and two amphistaffs remained. More spit was hurled her way, but this time Milou had more space to move. She made a deft sidestep, then dashed forward with help of the Force, using the element of surprise to take one of the guards down with a leg sweep. Their amphistaff would meet the Sithling's lightsaber before its owner hit the ground. A quick jab downwards into the Vong's head took them down, too.

Two guards, one amphistaff.

Kal Kal

There was a certain elegance to the Sithling's motions, once she leapt into action - in a way, it was almost dance-like, not that Kal knew how to dance. Yet another thing to add to an ever-growing list of potential skills and amusements, alongside the swordplay and that clever little sidestep.

Drifting out of the elevator shaft, the Shadow seemed content to merely watch, at least until he noted a shift in the Vong.

<You are being watched through their eyes.> How, he did not know - certainly not through the Force, these particular ones were of that accursed breed that had originally sought to conquer their galaxy - but he knew what external control and the death of individuality looked like.

Attention drifting outwards, he sought out the coordinator in vain. Perhaps it was using some strange alternative to the Force... or a communicator of sorts. Right, those were a thing, he kept forgetting. Hard to bring such gadgetry along without a body to hold them.

In the end, what was the average soldier but a puppet dancing on the invisible strings of hierarchy?

You are being watched through their eyes.

The voice rang through Milou's mind again, but this time she had no idea what to make of it. This wasn't the time to ask for clarification, though, considering another fresh batch of amphistaff spit was hurled her way. Thankfully the Force had warned her on time and so she was able to duck out of the way, but she wasn't fond of the idea of letting it get another chance to hit her.

After taking a step forward, Milou saw the perfect alignment. One single sweep could sever the head of the amphistaff and its wielder at once. Her vision tunneled in on it, losing all focus on the rest of her surroundings. She slashed and it connected exactly the way she had foreseen, but her sense of satisfaction was short-lived.

The remaining Vong guard hadn't magically disappeared. They were still very much there and was, in fact, right behind her. Moments after that sweep of her lightsaber, she felt a bone-rattling kick hit her back, sending her face-first towards the floor. The lightsaber hilt rolled out of her hand, leaving her vulnerable.

Kal Kal

A duck, a step, and a slash - and just like that, the dance was over, its end punctuated by a single brutish head hitting the floor. Having no appreciation for elegance, the last guard standing drove its foot into the Sithling's back, sending her crumbling to the floor. Vulnerable, off-balance.

Had he taken his own advice the Shadow would have simply watched, but it seems he was getting invested.

Oh well, this was a field trial, perhaps the Overseers were less fussy about unauthorised assistance in these.

Ever the subtle hand, when he did act it was not with mystifying sorcery or sizzling lightning, but with the twisting of a handle and the press of a button, the dropped lightsaber turning on its own only to activate just as the Vong was following up with a second kick, a pained scream soon following.

Severed foot falling to the side, Kal once more adopted the role of the "impartial" observer.

Milou hated pain. She had always been told to embrace it and use its strength, for that was the way of the Dark side. To Milou, though, pain felt like failure. As talented as she knew she was, the acolyte had still made a fatal mistake that was about to take her life as the price. All this time spent preparing for her first proper test, only for it to end like this. And yet, she remained silent. Through her pain, rage, and disappointment, Milou made not a single sound.

The acolyte prepared for a foot to crack her skull, but instead the sound of a lightsaber springing to life and a scream filled her ears. They hadn't been alone, and whoever, or whatever, it was was on Milou's side. As the vong guard fell to the ground, the lightsaber doing much the same thing, the woman slowly got to her feet. Her back was definitely in bad shape, but she was just barely able to stand.

Calling upon the Force, the hilt flew back into her hand and as it activated, the blade pierced the final guard's skull. The only audible reaction that came from Milou was a deep breath out, though she was keenly aware that she had gotten lucky. This couldn't happen again. What remained on her mind though, was how.

Who are you?

Milou was a woman of few words, even when speaking through the Force.

Kal Kal

The Sithling spoke, but it was clear from the nature of the speech - projected outwards without a true destination - that she did not truly know what he was, nor even where he was. Good, it would not do for him to be detected quite so easily, not if his observations were to continue.

For a while, it seemed as if no response was coming, and then a shadowy figure, its eyes orbs of luminous white, faded into view.

<You may call me Kal. I am a watcher, of sorts.> A watcher of her, primarily, not her soulless quarry. He would leave that for her to figure out, however, a test of her wit to complement the test of skill and strength the Overseers had set before her and her associates.

He wondered, briefly, if said associates yet lived - his sister was determined, but subtlety only goes so far in battle.

<May I suggest you find another place to hide? I anticipate more soulless ones will arrive soon.> Assuming defenders could be spared from the frontlines, of course, but only a fool committed all their reserves outside truly desperate circumstances. He had read that in a military theory book.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Objective One
Gnox the Insatiable / Lark Lark / @Qor-Cuzoacl / First Sister First Sister
-------------------------------------------

For the second time today, Alisteri was hiding in cover as a couple of stray shots flew past him. He sighed and rolled his shoulders as he readied his sabre to block and deflect whatever was about to come at him. "Into the breach then." He muttered under his breath as he swung his weapon out to block a stray shot, stepping out from his cover and running towards the next Vong line.

Oh, well that was a good bit of Vong ahead.

Thankfully it seemed like most of the rest of the Sith-Imperial forces weren't far behind him as he charged, so he wasn't one of the only things to shoot at. Although he had to duck and block a good bit of incoming fire, the acolyte managed to find a crevice to hop into right in front of the nearest Vong firing line.

Unfortunately, said crevice was already occupied by a small flanking force of Vong Warriors.

"Alright come on then!" The masked man growled as he readied himself and leapt at the two surprised Vong.

The being had a name. Whatever this Kal was, he had saved her life. In return, Milou would humor his words. Perhaps she could uncover his nature in time, but this was hardly the place for such curiosity. She had her task to complete, regardless of the shape she was in. Hopefully Kal would continue to assist when necessary; she wasn't above help. As long as her work was done in the end. If only the acolytes she had breached into the base with had been even remotely as tolerable as Kal was.

Being this deep in enemy territory was quite dangerous, and with the physical shape she was in, she couldn't face more guards the way she had done moments prior. The advice she was given made more than enough sense to follow and the acolyte slowly walked towards a large vat. It had been sitting empty for some time now, but its size was enough to hide behind. Carefully, Milou sat down against it, wincing as her back protested against the action. She wasn't sure how she was getting out, but that was a concern for later.

Poking her head out, she looked at the room around her to look for any potential ways to take out guards without direct contact. Looking up, she noticed a pipe running on the ceiling. With a bit of luck, some kind of dangerous liquid ran through it. She'd find out when time called for it.

Kal Kal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom