Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[FMAT] The Jedi Code [Open to Jedi]

She listened to some of the others who were talking.... unsure really what to say but she didn't let it show as somehow it shifted towards the teachers past within the room. Tension... maybe but she looked at him and spoke remaining there. Calmness in her expression when she finally turned in the seat to look at the ones who were inspiring the conversation with nothing. She kept her expression carefully blank and trained from the years but she had no input on his past or what he had done... if he had fallen to the darkside, used it then... what he wasn't doing it now and seemed to have come back. Watch and observe but he was also older and more developed mentally so emotions wouldn't rule him... maybe in ten years when and if he started getting early on set dementia and his mental faculities faded he might want to relive the glory days... but by then well he'll be meeting new students every day.

"Greater good... now that I think about it, it's a very subjective notion. Very dependent on one's upbringing, too. Often people an external party may perceive as evil may view themselves as good, or at least not perceive themselves as evil. Also, one's greater good would be, to someone else, an evil" she answered to [member="Tom Taff"]'s words. "But morality is distinct from one's emotional state, which, in turn, is distinct from one's alignment, too. Also, one's alignment is not simply a question of which emotions one is drawing upon to use the Force, if any. I know that, in my padawan days, I was called a Force-using droid for a myriad of reasons, and the emotional aspect is just one of them: I never seemed to feel emotions strongly"

For each Jessica, there were people like [member="Jerek Zenduu"] that struggled more with their emotions. And [member="Micah"] provided a contrarian view that other attendees, such as [member="Elizabeth Skywalker"], would take in. Controlling one's actions is different from controlling one's emotions, she thought. A lack of self-awareness can be problematic and I know just how. That said, late entrants typically are more mature coming in, or at least more "worldly". The benefits go beyond the expertise aspect. But the main reason I was called a Force-using droid has more to do with my computational power than my emotional profile. Surely [member="Veiere Arenais"] would have a clue of which Master(s) would be appropriate for what learning. On that count, Jessica may as well be one of them, and sometimes a poor fit between a student and an instructor would leave them with a sour emotional taste for each other. Meanwhile, she would have a word of caution regarding these exercises Veiere spoke of, and also she would perhaps be willing to go beyond the high-level information if Micah wanted it.

"Controlling one's emotions requires a large amount of concentration, especially when one starts working on their self-awareness. If you lack self-awareness, it's harder to control one's actions, so the exercises Veiere spoke of typically begin with developing one's self-awareness"

"I know of a time when my father was alive when you went dark in the belief it was for the greater good...".
Veiere's jaw tightened as he heard the remark from [member="Tom Taff"] being spoken among others expressing his perspective on the subject, the older male's gaze turning to look directly at the young man, rather astonished by his choice of words and share lack of consideration when announcing something so personal to a classroom of peoples influential to a lesson that he had offered to share with them all. While it was true that Veiere had spent a time being afflicted and influenced by the Dark Side of the Force, it was his loss of self-restraint and lack of care in minding his emotional state that sent him spiraling down into that period of darkness in his life, depression turned to anger and anger leading to some of the darkest times that still gave him nightmares, and continued to make him question his ability and worth to the Jedi of the Galaxy, today.

"The subject of this class is to focus on the Jedi Code and what it is to teach and encourage in those training as students of the Order..." He spoke directly to Tom, feeling a dry need to remind the young man to keep his mind on the task before them, though soon turning to the others now having to explain himself in order for the lesson not to be undone by their loss of confidence or questioning of their Instructor; "Yes, there was a time where I was under the influence of the Dark-Side...-It was my deeper feelings of failure, resentment and depression that broke down my mental barriers and left myself vulnerable. For whatever my intentions back then, I was fueled by emotions that I, today, would have periodically meditated over and sought to work through in the privacy of my own chambers. This dark time in my life has cost me nearly everything and my Son still to this day hates me for the actions I committed back then...-I am lucky that I have a family at all" His voice was somber and filled with remorse, guilt though his gaze tightened some as he looked back to Tom Taff, seeking to clarify for the young man's understanding; "Such is the danger of acting upon your feelings so recklessly and without clarity of judgement and peace of mind".

"Compared to all of you, I am an old man who has arguably spent more time in Exile, than you have in experience of training your own Padawan or engaging in lightsaber training..." Years worth of isolation, twelve before he had even met his wife [member="Kay Arenais"], and a decade further there-after. "On top of this I was raised in an Enclave from the age of five and trained for three decades under the teachings of the Jedi Code..." He continued, all of which was leading to a single needed point. "One year of weakness, sundered my entire life's commitment...-Make no mistake, one must always be mindful of where their heart is trying to lead them...", he paused for a moment, letting the words sink in before making clear, "-Whether you're an Initiate, a Padawan or even a Jedi Master, everyone is capable and will make mistakes in their time. What you can do is try to manage just how costly these mistakes are, with the training you have been given".

"Now then, enough talk about my personal life, if you'll please" He looked to the group as a whole, taking a slow breath in before concluding; "A reminder for everyone here...The Code is a perspective of insight built up over decades, it's not something learned in a single year and you will all inevitably choose to believe in whatever comes as sensible truth, to you. What you believe may likely differ from your peers but that doesn't make you wrong" Veiere offered them all a brief smile, though he had clearly been affected by the mention of his greatest failings, a moment of weakness that followed him wherever he went, especially amongst the Silver Jedi, like [member="Cassius Droma"], who had crossed blades with him back then, for example..

"Ignorance, yet Knowledge....-One at a time, please" he soon gestured to the class, for all of them to share their thoughts on the second precept.

[member="Cyrus Nova"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] | [member="Elizabeth Skywalker"] | [member="Sebastian Nadav"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Tom Taff"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Micah"]

"Are you really?" Sebastian asked, speaking up at last. "I did not think I'd find another who had lived as long as I have." His voice was rich with sarcasm. Sebastian had lived a long time and like the Master Arenais he had spent time on the other side of the Force as well. Coci would remember but she wasn't here...it seemed as though so much had changed during his absence. There was also the matter of the Sith they were allowing to sit with them...just his presence tainted the Force in the room. Sebastian thought about removing the man's head from his body but decided against it. If he was here then he had been invited--an interesting and somewhat worrying decision but one Sebastian could not worry about just then.

"Ignorance, yet Knowledge..." Sebastian mused aloud. "I have lived for more than a century and I still find myself conflicted as to how to interpret this. Over time I have come to what I believe is an accurate conclusion but of course my own experiences may have skewed my understanding. Sebastian looked at his nails for a moment. "I have come to understand that that line of the code is to remind us that, even with all the knowledge we gain over our lives and through contemplation of the Force, we still don't know enough. In every situation there may be a bit of information we are lacking, something to be discovered that could alter the outcome. It points to how we must act. We must be sure, we must know that we might not know everything in play. In the end it serves to remind us that we are always learning, that we might always be unaware."

It was perhaps a little more complex an understanding than most might come to and perhaps a little unclear, but Sebastian was sure in his understanding and was curious to hear what others would think. He leaned back in his chair and waited to hear what the others would say.

Once again, Veiere found himself a little taken back by the response he soon received from [member="Sebastian Nadav"], he who had taken offense by Veiere's statement to the Students, apparently assuming that he himself had been grouped among them in the making of the statement. "It should go without saying really, but I was speaking to our younger friends here" Veiere gestured to the Jedi Master and offered him a slightly sideways nod of acknowledgement for his taking offense to the remark.

"You are right, of course" Veiere turned to look to the others, giving each of them a chance to turn their attention back to the front of the Classroom where he stood; "We never cease learning, nor will we ever come to gain complete knowledge over everything. We should never presume to know more than others or act as though we're superior based upon what knowledge we might have. In every situation, there is opportunity to learn and to grow from..." He smiled, his tone quietening for a moment to allow the words to settle with the class.

"And as it was pointed out earlier, there are some things best left unsaid. Some subjects that shouldn't be learned for our safety and peace of mind...-Exploring the Dark-Side of the Force for example, carries risks of being lured deeper into that way of life...-Something that we as Jedi should always strive to steer clear of" Veiere looked back momentarily to Tom Taff, given his previous remarks on the Jedi Master's history.

"Does anyone have any questions? Or is everyone happy thus far in your understanding?" He asked conclusively, soon adding "If so, we can move on to the following line...".

[member="Cyrus Nova"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] | [member="Elizabeth Skywalker"] | [member="Sebastian Nadav"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Tom Taff"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Micah"]

"Not only we shouldn't act as if we know more or better than anyone else, sometimes it's best to let other people act in our stead if we realize someone else knows more or better as to how to deal with a given situation. Also, a gap in one's knowledge base can become apparent when one least suspects it"

Yes, Jessica did comment about ignorance, yet knowledge at the beginning. Just that the Trial of Insight starts with the premise that, while a Jedi could best a Sith Lord, or other formidable opponents in battle, it could be undone by much more mundane means. On that topic, she heard about a Jedi that made padawans file tax returns for others, or build an entire set of financial statements. Sure, what [member="Sebastian Nadav"] just said would pretty much go without saying as far as she is concerned, but [member="Veiere Arenais"] was probably wondering why [member="Tom Taff"], [member="Asaraa Vaashe"], [member="Cyrus Nova"], [member="Elizabeth Skywalker"], [member="Jerek Zenduu"] or even [member="Micah"] kept quiet. Then again, Jessica and Sebastian were rather thorough in their coverage of the topic. But she still had to learn some about the remaining topics of the day. It was clear that, for some of the Jedi, that overspecialization could be an issue, but the flip side of that issue was being too much of a generalist could also create false expectations. Which could be an issue for those Jedi who tried to do too much for too many people.

"Also I know that it's important to know one's limitations, and also one's strengths, so that you can better know which opportunities to learn are worth pursuing, and which ones aren't. Some Jedi suffered from trying to do too many things for too many people, while other Jedi suffered from being too specialized"

"Ignorance, yet knowledge."

The kitten repeated the words. His ears seemed to twitch impishly, as his tail popped up to flick [member="Jerek Zenduu"] across the nose. The boy had been quiet to that point, his eyes prowling the room as he calculated at what point to re-engage the enemy.

Self-awareness? A logical fallacy. The notion of complete awareness ignored the capacity for pride or bias. Even if it were possible, the moment that one slipped from that ivory tower would be a descent toward Jedi Knight Templar.

But, it seemed their rather storied instructor was ready to move on. Not to belabor the point, the young Cathar deemed it wise to humor the man in that. Folding his hands down on the desk top before him, the child calmly offered, "There are things that we know, contrasted by those that we don't. But it isn't so simple as that. There are things we know that we don't know, but there's also concepts that we have yet to imagine -- things we don't know that we don't know, because they don't exist to us."

Ah. There it is. His favorite sin.

Bias.

It came creeping in. Softly whispering from the unconscious. To be willfully blind.

Gesturing toward [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] the boy continued. "Apply this to the lady's earlier aggrandizement about self-awareness," the kitten offered. Was the use of the term aggrandizement completely necessary? Absolutely not. But, you couldn't put a Sith in a Jedi classroom and not honestly expect the boy to throw shade. "There are things we know about ourselves. Some things we share, and so there are things about us that we allow others to know. And there are secrets that we keep, so that there are things about us that we don't permit others to know. But there lies another possibility as well. That people know things about us that we do not know about ourselves."

The child's tail flicked upward again, whipping at the teen's face.

"This is true of us. This is true of our outlook toward others. And this is true of our relationship to the Force."

Or the Farce in the case of the Jedi.

But some things were simply best left implied rather than stated outright.

Elizabeth had remained quiet but mostly to listen to the others they had seemed to jump from personal thoughts and topics to the code again and it was far more rapid fire now. Her hands remaining at her side as she stood there and observed the others trying to get each perspective and apply it to her own, knowledge was important and she had seen some who only wanted to learn what they thought was cool as opposed to what was fundamental. It was why she had a larger array of abilities to build upon.. she paid and had been taught the basics while others only seeme dto want to know the big stuff. FInally a small look came on her face though as she sat o the desk observing but not speaking yet. "I am ready to move onto the next line."

Veiere listened to the few who decided to chime in with their perspectives, though he did not seek to comment upon any of them as they were speaking from their personal views and unlike earlier, there didn't appear to be any implications that arose from them. This time however he noticed the lack of willing participants compared to those whom remained quiet and simply listened. None of them were being forced to speak, their silence was something that Veiere took as complacency and their being ready to move on, yet he did value each of their input and perhaps he had been to focused on teaching or offer his appreciation.

"Very good, thank you" he spoke up after a moments silence, [member="Elizabeth Skywalker"] having given the word that she wished to move on and none of the others appearing to argue it. "The third precept is 'Passion, yet Serenity'; I imagine it sounds very similar to 'Emotion, yet Peace', though I'm sure some of you will have your theories or learnings on this one too" Veiere smiled, his left hand gesturing to the group before him and making sure not to leave out the Masters in the Classroom setting.

"I think that one of you mentioned already that nothing would be achieved if we weren't passionate about doing them" He soon added, voicing his thoughts to the room. "Take this lesson for example, and my teaching in general. Something that I've always enjoyed and been passionate about...-Yet my drive to teach doesn't distract my from my responsibilities outside the classroom, or the fact that there are some lessons that shouldn't be taught until one's Mentor has given the approval and signed off on it. No matter what we're passionate about, we must never let our goals or ambitions cloud our judgement or distract from our purpose and responsibility as Jedi".

This was always something that she'd had trouble with, and Asaraa figured that this was as good aplace to discuss that as any she'd find. "Isn't that asking a little too much of us though Master? I mean all of us here, we're flawed and hte Jedi Code is a great goal to work towards, but like all the goals, I think maybe if we achieved it then we'd end up in worse trouble. To feel passion, and yet not let yourself be affected by it in inhuman, in order to drive us you need to let the passion draw on your soul as a way to drive you forward. To want to be the best Jedi you can be, isn't that letting our ambition drive us forward? If someone chooses to sacrifice themselves then isn't that them letting their passion drive them? Giving up all the good they could do in the future to save the people around them today? But, that's a good thing, we all agree that saving the life infront of you is good, but what happens when that runs counter to the greater good? What's a Jedi to choose there?"

She sat forward in her chair, one hand waving at the window, at the Wookie village that had built up by Silver Rest. "But doesn't it go deeper than that? If we choose to not let our passions, our goal or ambitions touch us, then doesn't that remove us from everyone else in the galaxy. Wouldn't that keep us from connecting with the very people we're trying to save? If they see us as inhuman then wouldn't that make it harder for them to trust us, or for us to relate to them in a way where we can help them. I don't think we should let our passion drive us, but I think a pure reading of the code might be a little too harsh, Sometimes, in the face of the horrors of the galaxy is Serenity always the right answer? Someone dying and looking for comfort, they don't want to see serenity in your eyes, but emotion, passion and sadness. I've seen them, I've felt their pain flowing off them like an ocean, enough to drown you and in the face of that horror...is serenity the answer we have to provide? I...I wanted to help them, to take that pain away but when I tried I almost crumbled under it, instead by reaching out to the passion I felt, the pure unfiltered passion, happy memories that drive me forward and shared with them and it helped. At least...I feel that it did."

[member="Cyrus Nova"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] | [member="Elizabeth Skywalker"] | [member="Sebastian Nadav"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Tom Taff"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Micah"]​

She listened and looked speaking on the subject but also well answering the pink haired jedi. "I think you are confusing passion with compassion. To see others stricken with pain and wanting to alleviate it is essential to a jedi. We ar honored for our unbias, wanted because we are able to remove personal feelings from a situation and hear all sides of an argument. Letting passions drive us means we could choose a side, we could have a personal opinion. Passions are something strong but based on the urge to satisfy one’s own needs rather than helping someone else. Selfish desires are what is dangerous to the jedi and something I have observed since coming here more and more common."

She said it and remained where she was listening for anything else but this was mostly strange, she couldn't read these people as eyes flicked back and forth among them within a heartbeat. She knew from master Jarl and the other masters on the island that the code had some flaws. it was ideal for a monastic order outside of the chaos that was the galaxy. Which is wh it worked so well for the Altisians they separated themselves from everyone and only ventured out one or two at a time to see if there was any place within the galaxy. She was looking at the one leading the class though to see what he thought but this might become interesting after all.

Veiere turned to listen to what [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] had to say, her question leading up to her experiences in the field and from what he could tell, her speaking from some very emotional circumstance. The Jedi Code was complex, but it was also open to interpretation which only added to the complexity of these kinds of lessons where Veiere often encouraged others to speak and give their perspectives. He was grateful to each and every person in the room for having had the courage to speak their mind openly there, where Veiere had wished to create a "safe space" to do so without bias or judgement from their peers.

[member="Elizabeth Skywalker"] soon responded to Asaraa, and Veiere listened; It was honestly refreshing to hear one of them emphasize the Order coming from an unbiased approach, though he wasn't certain how many in the Galaxy still appreciated them for it. These days sides were always drawn between political or warring factions, yet the Jedi had always sought to steer clear from encouraging discrimination, judgement, racism and other negative ideals that one could think of along those lines. To treat everyone in their interactions, with an open mind and respect for their individuality, acknowledgement of their differences. As such, the Jedi were called upon by all sorts of groups, and sought to help wherever there was need and good could be done.

"It's important to keep in mind that, though we are Jedi and the Code tells us that we should uphold all of these seemingly perfect ideals, remember that we are sentient too and that even Jedi are flawed and capable of making mistakes..." He smiled to the two, before looking to the rest of the Class, "The Code encourages us to do our best in every situation, but we are not perfect. All of us here will falter at times, it's simply our nature, but the importance can be found in our dedication to always strive to uphold the ideals and virtues that it teaches us. All we can do is try our best to do right by these teachings, and by other people".

Ah, passion.

As if a Jedi could ever appreciate such a vivid concept. The cat-eared boy looked on with a sense of amusement, as his amber eyes flicked from [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] to [member="Elizabeth Skywalker"] as either spoke in turn. Of course, passion was immediately brought into context alongside such grandiose notions as flawed humanity and selfishness.

"Passion is about how you feel, but it doesn't have to be about you."

Passion was essentially element, from which strength, power, and victory all flowed. And, through victory, freedom. The kitten's eyes almost seemed alight with a eerie light, as he reflected upon the Code of the Sith. Off-handedly, the kitten explained, "Plenty of people are passionate about lost causes or helping others. To juxtapose personal motivation with serenity suggests restraint."

What a self-defeating notion. A very Jedi tendency, it seemed.

Musing aloud, more to himself, the child recalled the final part of the Sith Code as he murmured, "...perhaps the chains my people speak of breaking."

Still, a most enlightening conversation. This so-called Force Mastery course would make an excellent topic for his next essay at the Sith Academy. He might even submit it for consideration by [member="Taeli Raaf"]. If any one among the Sith Empire could appreciate the Jedi Heresy, it was the Lady of Lies.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]​

"There's passion and there's motivation, too. They're related, since motivation here is why someone is passionate for something, but often one's biases come into play at the motivation level, more so than even at the passion level. Even then, serenity isn't always the answer since sometimes too much serenity can lead us to inaction. Yes, I'm aware of how people who give their all for a cause sometimes can do the unthinkable in the heat of action, and this can lead to disastrous consequences"

It was easy, too easy, perhaps, to conflate passion and motivation, and also the various definitions of motivation. Yet [member="Micah"]'s words rang in her head. But to suggest that juxtaposing passion with serenity would be restraint? Micah was struggling at best about self-control and self-awareness, since it was difficult at best to show restraint without self-control, and, in turn, self-control also required self-awareness. Self-awareness is one of the most fundamental concepts to Jedi for a reason, she thought, while listening to both [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] and [member="Elizabeth Skywalker"]. Yes, it was true that selfishness was one of the drawbacks of late entry. She needed only to look at that Jedi accountant that somehow used Jedi-hood as a vehicle to hunt bounties. And [member="Veiere Arenais"] also did a few questionable things, and... her, too, even though it was never brought up. It seemed the others remained awfully quiet, and she was most puzzled. Surely they'd have something to contribute, or else that would undermine the purpose of even having this class in her view.

"Now, motivation can be intrinsic or extrinsic, that is, it comes internally or externally"

Her eyebrow raised as she was listening to them. The ideas were different and fairly varied... and while she disliked it and would have rather they imprison instead of leave here talking. THe sith was adding something few would really rarely get to see. She had her arms crossed over her chest though and while able to listen her words from master Jarl remained in her mind. She doubted the training would falter, mental resistance to the influences of the darkside was taught to younglings proper... words would only be words and she listened to the other woman. A blonde.. who was odd... she wanted to say that but tact and control kept her from commenting about the people in the room and instead working to stay in line with the conversation about the code.

Ignorance, yet knowledge.

Jerek had already spoken on these words, but now he was eager to hear the interpretation from others. He hadn't expected that would detour into Master [member="Veiere Arenais"]' past. The padawan already knew that the master had strayed into the dark side for a time, the former Commenori monarch had been honest about that at the Jedi Moot on Tython. He had not known many details about it, and even the brief glimpse that the man gave him now was fascinating. The youth wondered idly what had drawn him there, and what had brought him back, those were things the boy had been unable to speak with the master about after the moot had concluded.

They also seemed to be the very aspects of Master Arenais being put on trial by his peers at the moment. Was that why the other Jedi Masters were attending today, Jerek wondered, to question the credentials of the man teaching the course? They were certainly struggling at the learning portion of this class. Perhaps it had simply been too long since they were expected to do so, in which case, the padawan secretly wished they would pay more attention to the second precept itself.

Ignorance, yet knowledge.

A tail swished across his face as [member="Micah"] spoke up in front of him, and the padawan listened keenly, bringing a hand up to wipe a few hairs of shed fur from his nose. After the kitten's open challenge to the code last time, he was relieved now to hear a more willing contribution from the Sith boy. if Jerek was honest, Micah had a rather useful perspective on the precept. It seemed like the Cathar acolyte was speaking of preconceptions and the tendency to maintain them, either deliberately or unintentionally. Appropriate, given how often Micah himself had challenged Jerek's own preconceptions on what he considered the Sith to be. Not to mention—

The padawan drew back suddenly as the tail whipped across his face again, drawing a stern glare at the back of the child's head. That preoccupied him for a moment, and he nearly missed the change of subject to Passion, yet serenity. This was one of the precepts that Jerek didn't feel much trouble in understanding, so he simply listened to others explain it for themselves, taking some notes in the notebook he had brought along.

Which he used as a shield to bat away Micah's tail as it came around for a third pass.

"Micah, control your tail please!" the boy quietly hissed in his companion's ear, before focusing back again on the class' discussion.

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"] | [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] | [member="Tom Taff"] | [member="Elizabeth Skywalker"] | [member="Cyrus Nova"] | [member="Sebastian Nadav"]​

[member="Micah"]'s participation in the class turned a few heads in every chance he found to contribute his perspective to the discussion, having a Sith Acolyte seated within the class room of the Silver Rest, the hub and heart of the Silver Jedi Order, would be nothing if not controversial...-And yet, the young Cathar continued to prove a point of Veiere's, seemingly willing. The Jedi and the Sith had been at war for so long that the mere perception and sight of one another often instigated hostility, and yet here was one of the supposed enemy sitting within a class room discussing the Jedi Code. By now the Code would be no secret to the Sith Empire, they had taken numerous worlds that had formerly held Jedi facilities, Enclaves and Temples, but what Veiere hoped the young Acolyte might gain was a change of heart and an opportunity to change his ways. Even if he didn't turn away from the Sith, perhaps at the very least, he might be deterred from killing someone if the opportunity was ever to arise in his future.

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"] had started to speak up from her perspective and brought Veiere's attention back to the room, nodding in his agreement. A fellow Jedi Master within the Order of the Silver Jedi, Veiere smiled to her in appreciation for her sharing. It was true that there were more Mentors in attendance of this lesson than there were Students, but Veiere had put it down to genuine interest and the fact that the Jedi Code remained a consistent learning all throughout one's life, never mastered but forever guiding.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] had fallen quiet however, following her question to which Veiere wondered if she had been satisfied with the response from the class. Veiere's answer had been more a reminder to the Class emphasizing Asaraa's fact that they were all sentient, and inherently flawed as individuals. It wasn't an insult or a defect of anyone's choosing but simply a matter of life where even a Jedi Master whom had dedicated their lives to the Code and to the Galaxy, could make a wrong decision or be led astray. The outside Galaxy often expected the Jedi Order to be perfect, and when the truth was inevitably revealed, the Jedi would be most harshly criticized where as it was expected from the Sith. It had darkened the image of the Galaxies would-be defenders and keepers of the peace, but naturally the negative stories in life were always the first to be spoken and shared.

"If everyone's satisfied, shall we move on to the next precept?" he asked, looking for clarification in where each of them sat; "Do remember that there is no rush here, if you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask".

Asaraa pressed her lips together, nodding her head at the master leading the conversation, offering him a smile. "I'm happy to move onto the next topic," she allowed, turning to incline her head at Elizabeth. "You're not wrong, the Jedi need to be unbiased, it's an important part of who we are and what we need to be. It's just a hard line to walk sometimes when your heart goes one way, but objectively your head tells you that you need to go another way." It was the constant struggle, to try to be the best Jedi you cold, but then, maybe that's what was important, to try to live up to the idea that you saw for the perfect Jedi. Everyone's picture was different, Asaraa had come to realise that, but as long as they were all trying then everything else fell to the wayside. The pink-haired Jedi settled back in her chair, this next precept was one she was interested to see people discuss, it was bound to bring out a lot of different views, and that was why they were all here. At least that was why she was, she knew she didn't think about the code as much as her gut reaction and taking a step back couldn't be a bad thing.

"Chaos, yet Harmony" Veiere looked about the class as he spoke the fourth precept, looking to gauge their reactions and to see how many of them were still paying attention as opposed to falling asleep in an information filled lesson such as this. "I'm sure everyone here is aware of the growing state of our Galaxy, the conflicts that are being waged so often in a bid to conquer Worlds and gain control for every big governmental power out there" Veiere continued, pointing out the chaotic and ever constant violence that seemed to be thrown upon millions of good people undeserving of such trauma, each day.

"So where does Harmony come into play here?" He asked the Class, looking for further contribution from them all. Veiere did so enjoy these sorts of lessons where the students and younger ones would be encouraged to help facilitate and contribute to the subject. Not all of his Classes would be held this way, yet the subject they were discussing today was a good one for it.

Asaraa worried the soft flesh of her lip between her teeth as she considered the question posed by Veiere before she raised a hand, part of her marvelled at how it felt like being back at school as she formulated her answer. "The increased Chaos we see, the raging wars and well darkness that we see consuming the galaxy doesn't go unanswered. It might not be as big or as flashy, but there is an increased unity and Harmony among the forces that stand in opposition to the dark." She sat back in her chair, one hand coming up to sweep around the room, the wider temple around it. "The forces of light are more united than ever before, balance, as the galaxy gets darker, the opposition is more united. Even on a micro-level, while the galaxy might seem darker there are still the moments of harmony, the small things that happen every day. As things seem darker people often reach out to one another, communities come together. We become so focused on the governments, the larger forces at play that it's easy to forget that most of the galaxy isn't involved in that."

[member="Cyrus Nova"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] | [member="Elizabeth Skywalker"] | [member="Sebastian Nadav"] | [member="Veiere Arenais"] | [member="Tom Taff"] | [member="Jerek Zenduu"] | [member="Micah"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom