Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Flashpoint Idea

Been muling a bit about the flashpoints (and how I love them, please site staff bring them back soon, they were so awesome!)

So here's an idea;

What if for the duration of a flashpoint, different factions can invade a hex together. For instance, NIO and AoC can team up against TSE for the same hex (for example, Lothal, which both attack in the same thread), they can do it. Together, they will count as one side.

In the event that they win the hex, they now have to fight each other to see who gets to keep it.

In the event that the defender wins, we can give them some huge perk (like a second SSD? Open to lots of ideas here).

It's an extension of the realism element in war, and open the door to much more diplomacy, intrigue, working together, and working against each other (IC).

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Avernus Avernus Salt mines happen with or without invasions. This is just another tool that might be temporarily available to deepen stories. It doensn't even have to be niche - allies of old times can use it to more effectively battle a common enemy, for example.

Can't you do this already with allies? Except for that last part, which no one would want to do cause one invasion in a month is already tiresome.

Yeah well people join multiple factions anyway to bypass that trash rule.

Also, for someone to win an invasion, it has to be decided by staff. So in order for the second fight to happen, should the 2+ factions on one side win, you would either have to a) continue writing fluff until the winner is chosen which takes some time b) halt writing anything in the invasion until the decision is made or c) wait until the decision is made then write a new invasion thread. Either way, if the side with 2 factions were to win, they'd be writing 2 invasions back to back. Which, in my honest opinion and from what I've seen in my time here, no one sane would want to do that.

Unless by "they would have to fight over it" you mean something outside of an invasion setting like diplomacy or skirmish or something, ehhh on one hand that'd be pretty interesting like a cold War type of thing but on the other I feel like staff like to keep a tight grip on who controls what on the map in regards to what people have done to gain/lose so that'd just be a laundry list (potentially) of threads they'd have to look through to make a decision. Now, that's all null and void if staff were like "you guys hash it out. We believe in you." which is a possibility.

Lily Kuhn

L
If I'm being completely frank, this sounds like a request to enable staff-sanctioned dogpiling, and I can think of exactly zero people who want to see that happen. Simultaneous invasions got kicked out the door and onto the curb where they belonged when they tried to get forced on individual factions before, nobody in their right mind is going to want to push for something which opens the threat of being invaded by multiple factions simultaneously with effectively infinite allies on the opposing faction's side just so they can do it to someone else.

The whole logistics of judging the initial invasion and then how it continues or if it is followed up with another thread is an entirely different can of worms that I don't think even matters when the subject of dogpiling is on the table. If the Agents of Chaos or whatever other faction on the board wants to bring in another faction as an ally they can get the Crusaders mandate and use the allotted allies slots as they were intended to be used.

Darth Zveris

S H A T T E R E D
I don't think this sounds like a Rebellion, Lily Kuhn Instead, it sounds like...a golden opportunity for a great storyline. And yet it terrifies me at the same time. Just imagine the cost of reconstruction. I yi yi! But...off the financial fallout and into the ic tension this could create which is food for invasions. Plus, this calls for more cooperation between factions which is dope!

And...bear with me...war. When you lose the peace war is your best hope.

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Darth Zveris Darth Zveris if you read dominion and rebellion rules, that’s exactly what it is, just with an invasion. If you want a story opportunity just do what Ra Viszla did to the GA... fill the ally slots then betray them mid invasion...

And let’s be honest... no faction in their right mind is going to partner with another faction knowing if they win they march into another invasion. ... one of the factors an invasion is judged is story. In other words, what is the IC justification for this new conflict other than an OOC trigger?

I feel like an invasion today is rarely a method that gets you a W in that category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom