Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Annual Chiss Ascendancy Masquerade Ball (PM invite)

When it raines, it pours.
mYF6p6B.png
[float-right]
sjYxMJH.jpg
[/float]
The scene was set for the First Annual Masquerade Ball hosted by the Defense Hierarchy of the Chiss Ascendancy. Ever since the Chiss Civil War was over, the Defense Hierarchy had taken emergency control of the government per the Constitution. With the four traitorous Aristocras and their families stripped of all their power and wealth for aligning with the Jen'ari Empire, now came the time for the new major Ruling Houses to be named and to take their rightful place in the leadership of the Ascendancy. This ball was both a celebration of the Chiss People's freedom from outside tyrannical regimes and their return to the ideals of the Red Flame.

The Masquerade Ball was to be held in the Grand Rotunda of the House Palace on Csilla in its capital Csaplar. The ice domed city had taken damage from the battle that was waged there between the Jen'ari and the Sith Empire with the loyal Chiss fighting along side Darth Carnifex and his allies. The center of government for the Ascendancy had been restored to its glorious self soon after the pact was made with the Sith Emperor for Chiss independence. It was the dawn of a new age for the Chiss Ascendancy.

~*~
Upon making it through security and entering the round building on the ground level, the foyer of the Rotunda to a Chiss' eye would be met with a full array of spectacular colors. Non-Chiss would still be able to appreciate the ornate architecture, but not the vivid pigmentation presented. From there, a grand staircase takes attendees to the next level where the event area is located.

Normally a Herald would announce arrivals as they walk into the marble-floored ballroom that is adorned with a domed glass ceiling above. But due to the ball theme being that of a masquerade, the time honored protocol has been dropped.

To one end of the large, opulent room, a bar with refreshments is set up. At the other end is where an orchestra is playing. Along the sides of the dance floor are small alcoves that have various seating arrangements for couples or small groups to converse at will.

The hope of the night is to revel in good cheer with friends, family, comrades, and allies alike, and to bring forth officially the new Chiss Ascendancy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL-mcKChOIw&feature=youtu.be​

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
mYF6p6B.png
CHISS SPACE

House Palace; Csilla.
The Ascendancy's first annual masquerade ball.

Mitth'orn'eruod could hardly believe it. Not the fact it was celebrating the rise from beneath foreign control, or the scheduled event of having the parliament body's Ruling House appointments made official, it was simply that it was a ball. The Admiral was not fond of balls or galas, he felt trapped when dealing with civilians who wanted to know everything about his military career; in fact, he had lost count of the times he had been asked to talk about his first command, or his actions in the civil war, or simply to offer salutes. Most individuals were harmless, simply trying to get to know Mitth'orn'eruod, but others could be brazen in their humor and mocking. Especially in Mitth'orn'eruod's earlier career, when House Mitth had still suffered from the stigma of its ancestor's exile...

Now though, despite Mitth'orn'eruod's elevation through the ranks of the CEDF, he realized that things wouldn't be different, ironically. Due to the matter of the masks everyone would wear, and with a military uniform lacking any badges or rank indicators, Mitth'orn'eruod would be one of the many. Individuals would presumably talk to one another at face value, concealing identities, allowing for an oddly intimate social setting in Chiss society. It was a little unheard of, granted, but modern times for the Chiss had brought about considerable change, so a face covering for an evening should be bearable.

The shuttle landed near the House Palace in the allocated zone, the ramp lowering to allow Mitth'orn'eruod to exit. He was dressed in a stripped down military uniform, all black, with a charric pistol concealed up one sleeve and an overly ornate mask on his face. The mask itself covered most of his head, even concealing the Admiral's eyes and forehead scar, leaving only his mouth and chin exposed. Mitth'orn'eruod began walking to the entrance, nodding to the guards that stood in the entry, watching for trouble. The Admiral passed through without incident, passing through weapon detectors, but providing a whispered code phrase to the guard for passage with the pistol. Mitth'orn'eruod preferred to be armed, despite having a capacity to fight without a weapon.

Overhead, the false night sky could be seen, projected against the top of the cavern ceiling above. It was a small thing, but had become important to citizens of Csilla, to avoid feeling enclosed as they truly were. The large glass dome was impressive, but Mitth'orn'eruod had seen it countless times, so it had lost some of its awe. Across the hall, music was filtering through, which caught the Admiral's ear. He listened and appreciated the finely trained musicians' ability, wondering if any orchestral classics would be played throughout the evening, before moving on toward some other guests that had arrived.

"Good evening," Mitth'orn'eruod said to a couple, as he moved toward the considerable bar. The bartender was also masked, prepared to take the order. "A glass of Merenzane Gold, thank you."

Once the expensive beverage was in hand, Mitth'orn'eruod turned and looked out over the sentients milling and conversing... he absently wondered if a few were individuals he knew well, such as the High Admiral or Brask'ari'sabosen.

I've been through worse.

X5BpgBb.png
[member="Karisa"]​

QuDGXBn.png

There was no anticipation, no anxiousness, and no excitement. This was an event that was necessary for Malicar to attend. In his mind, it was simply one, large, overstated business meeting. The implications of the gathering were not lost to the Syndic of House Vesnam—this would set the stage for the Ruling Houses to take their place among the Chiss Ascendancy. It would be hubris to believe that House Vesnam would have a place among them…at least for now. Which meant the objectives of this fanfare would be fairly simple: make sure that the powers that be knew that House Vesnam would support their claims to the Aristocra.

Malicar’s shuttle landed without incident on a landing pad close to the House Palace. The Syndic of House Vesnam strode down the extended ramp, wearing his black and gray long coat paired with an intricate black and gray mask adorning his face. Four blades were placed strategically about his body, inset within the long coat where there would normally be support within the fabric. The blades were not metal, carrying an edge, but the piercing blade atop each would be the method employed should they be needed. Of course, Malicar was not expecting such things here, but he never took chances and trusted no one, so weapons came with him.

His hands were clasped behind his back as he strode through the picturesque corridors and chambers of the House Palace. The Syndic weaved his way through the gathered Chiss with their intricate masks, making his way to the bar and sidled up against another man. Taking a quick glance, the crime lord quickly assessed him…

Regal bearing, refined taste, not smooth—but dignified…military perhaps…

This part was a challenge to Malicar, trying to figure out who was who at an event such as this inaugural ball, but he could settle for failure when the stakes were low. However, it would not stop him from playing the game. As for his identity, Malicar cared not if they figured him out. It was advantageous in many ways if they did.

Making his way over to him, the bartender peered at Malicar from behind his mask expectantly. The Syndic said in a smooth voice, “A glass of whatever claret you have…no sullustan brands, if you will.”

The bartender nodded and set off to fix the drink. Looking over at the man beside him, he observed, “Merenzane Gold? Fortunate you are they carry such stock. Excellent choice. But I doubt they could whip up a Cassandra Sunrise for us…”

qhiKEbv.png

Bethany was immensely excited. She hadn't been to a ball in... Wow, how many years had it been? She was a teen and it was on Hapes, after the Mandalorian and Hapans agreed to work together. She absolutely loved events like these. The dresses, the fine food, the interesting and amazing people. When the invitation came to the Sundari Palace, she jumped on the opportunity.

Aboard the Vigilant Envoy, her ship that her father made for her many moons ago, Beth busied herself with getting ready for the evening. Along with her would be [member="Adenn Kyramud"], who would come as a sort of guard along with [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"], who apparently had a bunch of dealings with the Chiss before. Or something like that. Beth wasn’t entirely sure. And… To be fair, she wasn’t even really sure how to act around the woman. Her resurrected… Grandmother, kind of.

While the pilot worked on their docking clearance and entry into the beautiful domed city of Csaplar, Beth worked hard on making sure her light blue dress fit nicely on her frame. Caramel blonde hair was braided around her crown which ended in a bun on the back of her head. A few strands were left to frame her cheeks. Luckily, her wounds from the accident on Euceron had mostly healed fully by now. Placed over her eyes was the mask – mostly white, but with gold designs and a large feather sticking out.

She took a breath as she stepped outside of her room and walked towards the exit of the ship where she ran into Aditya and Adenn. With a smile, she slipped a mask over Adenn’s buy’ce – ensuring that it didn’t interrupt his field of vision, of course. “Alright. You guys ready? I’m so excited. Um, Adenn… You can only bring your sword and one holdout pistol. And don’t like… Touch it, unless you are 100% we’re about to die. Like, seriously. It needs to be a major, everyone is dying and fighting. Anyway, I’m sure that’ll be enough for you to protect us if something happens. Not that anything will. This is going to really fun, guys!” Her hands made somewhat exaggerated motions as she spoke. She gave a wink as she smoothed out the imaginary wrinkles from the dress.

Maybe she was a little nervous, too. But, mostly, she was bubbling with excitement.

The shuttle from the dock to the House Palace was uneventful. Naturally, Beth eyes were staring out into the city. It wasn’t long ago that horrible things happened from foreign invaders and occupiers. But, the Chiss were a resilient people. While she personally hadn’t met many Chiss, she had heard their stories and particularly had read as much as she could in the lead up to the ball.

Assuming there were no issues with the security check, the small Mandalorian delegation would enter the House Palace. The music could easily be heard – the beautiful sound carrying through. The foyer was beautifully designed – likely made more so for Chiss eyes than Beth’s own. Beth, though, paused to take a moment to enjoy the beautiful ballroom before her. With an exhale, she gave a nod to Aditya and Adenn as she moved over to the large bar. She noted several groups, a few couples together already.

Beth paused as she looked at the bar. She had to be fairly careful in choosing what to drink. Alcohol was painful for her to drink. A soft voice whispered as she looked intently, “Hm…”

[member="Malicar"] | [member="Thorne"] | [member="Karisa"]

Mandalorian Prophet

M
mYF6p6B.png
It wasn't often he got to wear a suit, but man did he enjoy it. Cleru loved living the high life, and it only happened when he had a target who also lived it. But here? He didn't have to plan or invest in his covers. Just wear a mask and enjoy the night. The agent chilled by the refreshments, a glass of champagne in his hand as he watched the revelry ensue. Occasionally he'd offer a nod to these who'd stop by, but didn't strike up any conversation.

He was waiting for someone interesting enough for that.

[member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Malicar"] [member="Thorne"] [member="Karisa"]

What're you gonna do? Kill me?
The Chiss Ascendancy.

Gods it’s been years. Course most of those I was dead, but still. Years since I last experienced Chiss architecture and protocols. Time for my big girl underpinnings and the chance to get out in the worlds. The Mandalorians needed some help in the architecture and ‘loosening their helmets’ department.

“Course nothing’s going to happen! We’re two outrageously well dressed ladies, at a masquerade with a walking war machine. Cool your exhaust, Bethany.” I lean over to fix [member="Beth Cadera"]’s mask, giving what I think is a smile. It’s been a while. The ballroom swoops across my vision, resplendent and marvellous… or almost as marvellous as the booze.

Yep! Definitely here for the diplomatic relations and booze. I adjust my own mask, grey hair braided down my back and against the dress, with the Panathan jewels of my station as Heir of House Fitz Kierke.

“I think I diffused a bomb on Csilla, once… yes. Yes I did. With a fork and a plate. Dang. That was an almost-blast.” My laugh is short, but I look at [member="Adenn Kyramud"], our Mand’alor appointed guardian and one heck of a crack shot with a mug of tihaar. Wish the tin man would deign to dress like a normal humanoid, but I’ve long since given up thinking a bucket would be reasonable.

“Come along, my beauties. Shall we be dashing?” Pity. Would be nice to see what’s under the helmet. Or, knowing the Galaxy’s sense of humour, it’ll be an unfortunate looking yokel with a mole for a nose and thin lips.

“Oh good grief. Barkeep-honey pie, get the girl a blossom wine spritz, and two glasses of Corellian whiskey, neat for our attache and I.” My eyes never stop flickering across the span of the ballroom, looking between the masks and the uniforms and gowns. “This, Beth. This is life. The dresses, the refinement, the diligent and efficient engineering… ah! None of that milling about in pieces of scrap metal shaped like artificial abs and pectorals. Watch closely, the Chiss are the best and most dignified society outside my homeland.”

We get our drinks, I hold Adenn's and look him over. "Your bucket have a straw, or are you going to take it off for a well aged Correlian whisky?"

I pass the blossom wine to Beth, and hold onto the glass a little longer. As pleasant a smile as I can muster appears.

“Calm the mind. Enjoy yourself, honey pie. We’re all good, alright? And don’t be a wet blanket, this is going to be exceedingly fun! Look at that buttress! It’s gorgeous! Could you imagine the pressure on those pillars? A body ought to delight in good architecture. Now, where’s the dignitaries we’re supposed to meet and thank for being here?”

[member="Thorne"] [member="Karisa"]

Eriate

E
Eriate was quick to follow her after brother down the boarding ramp. She personally didn't care for this events, but just like him, she too saw the purpose of them for her family. Rubbing elbows and playing nicely with the other houses went a long way, and it never hurt to make potential allies either.

She decided to go for a flashy appearance, nothing too out there, but just enough to turn some heads. The small split at the helm of her dress draw attention to her legs, though not enough to be seen as inappropriate. The appearance of the bejeweled mask only seemed to be heightened by the addition of her piercing red eyes. While she didn't expect to use it, she too had come armed, bringing her gauntlet to the event as well, though had it covered with a rather decadent gauntlet design that made it seem more regal than anything. She calmly strode down the landing ramp and across the walkway, not concerned at her posture nor manner of dress. She felt the reverberations of the music inside with the force, and it brought a small grin across her face. Her hands were crossed across her front, trying to appear conservative in her manner. Entering the palace, she did a quick glance across the faces within the hall, and pulling her force senses back within her person as to not pry too much upon the fellow attendants; that would be rude after all, not to mention cheating. There was a great deal of mixing found within the place it seemed, but her attention was brought to her brother, as she drifted over towards the bar, still wearing the placid expression she had mastered during her childhood.

"Come now, we have only just arrived, and already you're inquiring into the spirits?" She said, without a touch of humor, before switching to her following statement. "You know, it's so very tempting to peek behind the masks just to unnerve some of the guests. But I suppose that goes against the rules." She looked to the bartender as he delivered Malicar's drink. "I shall have whatever you just served him, thank you." She said to him, before the man turned right back around and began to work on her drink now. Now, she would watch for someone of interest to make themselves known, it wouldn't take long, she knew that of course, but watching and observing people was something of a hobby of hers.

Balls, galas, or in this case, a masquerade ball, they were all the same. Go here, do that, dance with someone, play nice. Sometimes they became interesting, but most of the time they were simply boring. However, Adenn was here, and for one reason, well technically two, but mainly one. That reason was protect Beth and Aditya. Two in one guard duty, what fun, thought Adenn. It was his duty though, and he'd complete it, no matter how tedious it'd be.

That's why he was here, aboard the Vigilant Envoy, Beths ship, or someone in her familys ship. He hadn't heard whose it was in that part of the tour, rather paying attention to its capabilities. It would serve its purpose if need be. That purpose of course was to get them out as quickly as possible if necessary. Sighing to himself, Adenn made his way out of the temporary quarters he had been assigned. They were nice, but Adenn hadn't let himself get comfortable, instead preparing for the ball.

Adenns preparations was simple, clean beskar'gam to its fullest, without removing any scars. Then he made sure his half cloak was ready(like Vizlas in TCW). It had the symbol of Clan Mortui on it, and was fire proof. Designed for him after the explosion, Adenn had decided to get extra protection. Once that was done, he made sure his beskad and westar 35 blaster pistol were in fully functioning order. Each was special in their own rights, the beskad he had recently made for personal and ornamental use. And the westar 35 had a very ornate grip, one that was unique to it and it alone. Along with that, he had his lightsaber attached to his belt and another pistol hidden within his armor. Sighing to himself, Adenn crossed the beskad over his back and placed the westar 35 in its holster.

With that done, Adenn made his way to where Beth and Aditya were. The two ladies looked stunning in their dresses, and here was Adenn, going in his beskar'gam. He'd stick out like a sore thumb within all the people wearing suits and dresses, but Adenn didn't care. He was a Mandalorian, and had a reputation to keep. When he stood next to the two of them, he spoke up.

"Hello ladies, you both look stunning." A grin was evident in his voice, "I hear this is a masquerade ball though. What a shame, it seems I forgot mine at home."
That plan was shot down a moment later as [member="Beth Cadera"] pulled a mask out and placed it on his buy'ce. Sighing, Adenn shook his head and readjusted it so that it wouldn't obstruct his view at all. It hadn't much before, but now he could see relatively normally. No doubt it was an odd sight, but Adenn woudln't go to this ball in a suit, as he didn't have one. Then she spoke about some stupid rule limiting the weapons he could carry with him. Growling to himself silently, Adenn lowered his head and then slowly removed his weapons and placed them on a nearby table.

First came the lightsaber, then his blaster pistol in the armor, then the second less ornate westar 35. After that he removed the jetpack and placed it down next to the other weapons, and removed all the wrist weaponry attached to himself. It took a minute or so for him to get it all removed, but when he was finished, there was a small pile of weapons in front of him on the table. Adenn looked at Beth then as if to say, Are you happy now, before he straightened himself. He then positioned himself behind the two of them.

Shortly thereafter they were at a security checkpoint. The two ladies made it through easily, after all they were hardly noticable compared to the giant of a man clad in armor behind them. The guards immediately stopped him and started asking questions. Who was he, What was his purpose there, Had he been invited, What weapons was he carrying with him. Adenn answered the questions quickly so that he could follow the his charges.
"Adenn Kyramud, Alor of Clan Mortui. Protect [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"]. Yes, invited." At the weapons question, Adenn merely motioned at the two weapons, his beskad and westar 35.

At that, the guards seemed to calm slightly. However, they no doubt would be informing someone higher up of his arrival. Ignoring that though, Adenn followed the pair of women into the hall. The architecture was stunning, though no doubt a Chiss would see something more, something better. Looking around himself, Adenn noticed that he was essentially the only person in any form of armor here. Perhaps there was someone hiding somewhere, however Adenn didn't immediately spot someone like that. Sighing once more, Adenn tapped the mask on his buy'ce(helmet) and followed Beth and Aditya.

They immediately went to the bar, a strange choice in Adenns mind, but then he spotted the others there. It seemed multiple people had decided to start at the bar. Adenn listened to what Aditya said, but made no comment. He personally thought the life was on the battlefield. That was always full of excitement, adrenaline, and the most important thing of all, explosions. When she asked about the straw, Adenn decided to humor her. He pulled a straw out of a small pouch on the side of his belt. He held it up for her to see, before gently taking his drink from her hand. Adenn chuckled lightly before placing it in the drink and taking a sip.

After that, he looked at the buttress that Aditya pointed out. It was beautiful, but similar to the others in his opinion. Perhaps there was something he couldn't see. Then again, Adenn wasn't an architect, more a glorified grunt that was the best. She kept speaking and Adenn responded.
"The delegates are no doubt all around us, or even right next to us. You might not be able to tell, but give me time and I'll tell you who's were."

With that done, Adenn positioned himself next to the two of them, looking out across the hall. He was looking around, seeing who was where and noting down what they were wearing. It would prove useful later when they had to thank someone for letting them be there. Aside from that, Adenn took another sip of his drink, helmet still on and armor proudly displayed with the cloak covering his left side.

[member="Eriate"] [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Cleru"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Malicar"] [member="Thorne"] [member="Karisa"]

mYF6p6B.png
Mitth'oru'sabosen peered out the large transparisteel window of his daughter's high rise apartment that the Chief Medical Officer resided in while staying on the Chiss Ascendancy's capital world. The cityscape of Csaplar was the best it had been in a long time, especially the House Palace seen off in the near distance. There were only a few areas of the capital city of Csilla that still had scars remaining from the recent battle that took place under the ice dome during the Chiss Civil War. The city had healed well. The Chiss had healed well, but more so the Ascendancy was whole once again wth its sovereignty intact. There was one in particular to thank for that too. A good man, a good officer, a good Chiss. A knowing smirk grew on the older man's face. A good match...

"Credit for your thoughts?" Ari said as she walked across the living room to the dining area where her father was standing seemingly daydreaming.

The Syndic of House Sabosen had forgone his normal robes for this event. He was dressed in a black tuxedo accented in the Sabosen family color of rust red. Mitth'oru'sabosen held his mask in hand, having yet to put it on. Like most men, Thorus hoped he didn't have to wear it though knew he would at some point. Probably sooner than later now that his only child was joining him. Brask'ari'sabosen ran a tight ship.

The elder Chiss was caught off guard momentarily, but quickly regained his composure and turned around to see Brask'ari'sabosen presented in an elegant, single shouldered gown that was in their Ruling House shade of red. Her long dark tresses were done in an updo that had a sea of soft curls nestled into a bun atop her head. The masquerade mask worn simply pulled it all together perfectly. It made his chest tighten as she looked so much like Brask'eri'sabosen at the same age. Smart, poised, and beautiful just like her mother...

"I was just thinking your late mother would be so very proud of you in all you have accomplished... And, thank the Force you got her looks rather than mine. You are a vision, my dear. I am sure you will turn heads especially one in particular, hmm?" he spoke with a fatherly chuckle.

"I am carrying on Mother's legacy as we have always shared a love of medicine and caring for people... And thank you for the complement, dearest Father, but I am not taking the bait," she answered with one of her daughterly mock glares, motioning for him to give her his mask and to turn back around so it could be tied on.

"There... Now shall we go? It would be bad to be even fashionably late as I am one of the Ball committee chairs," the doctor mentioned as she grabbed her clutch purse off the dining table on the way to the door.

~*~​
The Sabosen's arrived at the House Palace via a hoverlimo being dropped off on the Rotunda's landing pad. After passing through security without incident, they entered the foyer and climbed up the grand staircase to the doorway of the ballroom. The Csillian Orchestra was playing a nice waltz. People were chatting and refreshing themselves. There was good cheer in the air. Brask'air'sabosen was relieved to see so many patrons attend. Even a Mandalorian in his armor with a mask no less covering the front of his helmet! Now that was something one didn't see. She hoped the roaming photographer would catch that image along with many more memorable ones of the evening. This would be a night to remember for the Ascendancy and its People.

Crimson orbs glanced around the large room full of masqueraded faces, then found a familiar silhouette at the bar with a glass in hand. It was not hard to recognize Miith'orn'erued standing there even in a full facial mask. The Admiral's bearing was unique even in a pared down uniform. It was one that brought a small smile to Brask'ari'sabosen's face at the sight, and perhaps a mild flutter in her stomach.

She leaned into her escort and spoke softly to Mith'oru'saboasen, "Father, if you will excuse me... I will leave you to mingle with your acquaintances as I would like a drink." then Ari slipped her hand from the crook of his arm and made her way along the edge of the dance floor with a graceful gait towards the bar area canting her head with salutations to those she came across along the way.

The Syndic silently grinned to himself as he knew exactly whom she had spotted, then the man went about greeting old friends and colleagues. He would catch up with his daughter later hopefully for a twirl about the dance floor, that is if her dance card wasn't too full.

[member="Thorne"] | [member="Malicar"] | [member="Cleru"] | [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] | [member="Beth Cadera"] | [member="Eriate"] | [member="Adenn Kyramud"]​

“Deep breath, Remi,” the blue skinned woman whispered to herself as she stood before a full length mirror. The idea of a masquerade was incredibly ironic to the Shi'ido as that was what she did on a daily basis. For the past six months, the alien had been impersonating the cousin of a Chiss named Malicar...a cousin he had murdered for reasons Remi was not privileged to know. This arrangement, as it were, bore far deeper implications than anyone could have guessed. The Shi'ido had sacrificed her freedom to save the life of her father. Many others would have simply allowed the ailing man to die in lieu of the debt he owed the Chiss, but Remi could not.

Granted, money laundering was a risky venture. True it was the old man's fault for tempting fate one too many times until nearly a decade's worth of misgivings hit the fan in one fell swoop. Still, his daughter apprised herself that it was the best decision she could make for both of them at this juncture. She could not condemn the elder alien for attempting to make a better life for himself after all, that was how Remi had spent the better portion of her three centuries. Malicar had a need that Remi could fill and in turn, her father's life would be spared. In a strange way, she and the Chiss needed one another though neither would ever admit to such an atrocity.

The Shi'ido's thoughts returned to the evening. Her heart began to beat harder and faster within her chest. She was typically calm, cool and collected but tonight she would be in a sea of Chiss for the first time since literally filling the shoes of Vesnam'remi'raith. The pretender's glowing red eyes shifted from her reflection to a small table nearby where a vial full of shimmering gold colored granules sat beside a pair of glistening diamond stud earrings. Spice was Remi's weakness. Situations like this masquerade however, required her deepest commitment to the form she was assuming and drugs of any sort had the potential to compromise her shapeshifting abilities.

Remi reached toward the table and took the earrings between her fingers, lifting the impressive jewels to their places on each side of her head. The blue skinned woman drew in a deep breath and pushed a few small folds from the cream couture gown that clung tightly to her petite frame. While she was far more comfortable in anything other than a dress, a small part of her was excited for the opportunity to get gussied up for a change. As the Shi'ido straightened the faux cracked marble mask upon her face, she felt a strange and unfamiliar sensation upon her lips...a smile.

“There will certainly be none of that,” the woman told herself as her visage returned to the stone expression she had grown accustomed to for the better portion of her three centuries of life. Certainly there would be smiling and various frivolities at the event, but it was all business and no pleasure. Remi, Malicar and the other members of their house were out to make a statement, to make their name known...making friends was a luxury even they could ill afford.

The Shi'ido did one final check of the loose curls she had put into her black shoulder length locks. From the very top of her head to the tip of her mirror like designer shoes, Remi was a sight that could derail a train, wreck a home or start a war. She was simply stunning. The shapeshifter gave her reflection a final nod before turning to leave the tiny quarters aboard the transport. She had heard Malicar exit just moments beforehand followed by Eriate and so she hurried to follow. Remi rolled her eyes at the thought of the crime lord growing suspicious of her for taking the necessary time to put together the show she was about to put on for the entire Chiss Ascendancy.

As the woman slipped down the boarding ramp, she inconspicuously reached under her dress and adjusted the blaster pistol in its holster upon her inner thigh. The placement was far from ideal, but Remi was not prepared to venture anywhere without protection. As she neared a security checkpoint, a hulking figure of a man raised a hand and stopped her as he waved a wand over her body. Just as he moved down her legs, the device began to beep and the guard reached out toward Remi's thigh as if he were about to invade a very personal aspect of her space. Without hesitation the pretend Chiss slapped the man's hand as she narrowed her eyes and stared straight through him. “Hands off,” she said in a growl while pushing past the guard. “Clearly you don't know who I am,” Remi spat the words as they rolled off of her tongue in a condescending tone.

The Shi'ido's feathers had officially been ruffled and the perpetually irritated woman was now just shy of irate. She sighed and slowly climbed the sweeping staircase from the elegant rotunda to the hall hosting the masquerade. Though Remi was familiar with those she was pretending to be related to, she suddenly felt alone upon reaching the grand gathering. It appeared as though there was no shortage of canoodling couples, friends connecting to close the gap of time between them and brothers taking up every topic of importance as it related to their house.

Remi had nothing in common with any of them. What would a Shi'ido pretending to be a Chiss have to discuss with the collective of blue skinned aliens and their allies? For a long moment she paused and searched the room as if she would find a friend among strangers...surprisingly, she did. “Ah, the bartender,” the woman mumbled to herself before making her way through the crowd. Upon reaching the bar, she quickly glanced over the drink menu and waited rather impatiently to place her order. She attempted to raise her hand just high enough to be noticed, but with each pass, it appeared as though the bartender could not see Remi or he was ignoring her altogether.

“Hey!” the woman said loudly as she slammed her flat hand against the bar top. She couldn't have cared less that there were several pairs of eyes upon her at that moment, at least her method had been effective at acquiring some attention. “Corellian whiskey, neat,” Remi said as she leaned against the bar, her eyes shifting from face to face. It was nearly impossible to decipher one Chiss from another while they were wearing masks. The Shi'ido took a bit of comfort in the walls that stood between them this evening. “Your drink, miss,” the bartender said quietly as he placed the cocktail glass upon a small napkin and pushed it across the wooden slab toward Remi.

Without turning to so much as look at the man or offer a hint of gratitude, the blue skinned woman took the drink in her hand and lifted the glass to her lips. She slowly tipped the beverage back and allowed the cold liquid to pass through her lips and fill her mouth. There was nothing quite like a whiskey. Its ability to increase the courage of the drinker while simultaneously lowering their inhibitions was unmatched. Remi drew in a sharp breath as she returned the glass to the napkin and climbed up onto a stool. She had fulfilled her obligation to Malicar and had made an appearance.

“The sooner this is over, the better,” she muttered while taking another swig of the liquid warmth.

sentiri_ball.png

Here we go again, Sentiri thought as she slid on a pair of simple, low, but elegant pair of heels. Years had passed since the last time she had attended a formal dance. But the woman had learned much from her tutor in all things social, Marzena Vaas. For one, Sentiri actually went shopping ahead of time. Picking out her outfit was still an exercise in patience, but the exercise was less of a chore than the task had once been. The agent knew her sizes, knew what fits would accentuate her body type, and she knew how to walk, and even dance, in a pair of heels. Those were all significant improvements from when Sentiri first started her lessons with Marzena. The information side of things were easy bits to learn and remember. The skill of walking and dancing in heels took a considerable amount of practice, especially doing so in a graceful fashion. Practice came to the point where Sentiri would commonly wear heels around her various living arrangements when no one else could see and, as she was working, stride around the room.

The thought had once crossed the slicer's mind that she would never need such a skill again. After she had left the First Order, the necessity for such formal training seemed pointless. She never wore heels under practical circumstances, and she was almost always in practical circumstances. But the Ascendancy provided new occasions for such frivolities. Sentiri gave a low chuckle at the thought of Chiss and frivolity in the same sentence.

But, so it was that Sentiri stepped out of her humble apartment in a gown, heels, and a comfortable, velvety mask strapped to her ears. Stepping into a waiting cab, the vessel rocketed off towards the Rotunda.

The driver was quiet which allowed Sentiri to be left alone to her thoughts. Formal events used to terrify her. She'd stand rigidly in a corner somewhere, watching the room and waiting for the moment when she no longer felt needed. Then Sentiri would sneak off, saying goodbye to no one. But the woman had changed. She was actually looking forward to the event. The operative was comfortable in her own skin. And she wanted to show that, even if no one there knew her or, even if they did, if they didn't recognize her with the mask. She wasn't sure when she had become so comfortable. Maybe all of those First Order board meetings had actually been useful. Or maybe she just heard Marzena in the back of her mind prodding her on to talk to people that weren't Marzena.

Sentiri silently resolved to talk to people she did not know.

The cab pulled gently up to the grand entrance outside and the Chiss woman stepped out, a small clutch with the essentials in one hand. Chin level, she walked forward and through the outer courtyard to the door. Music seeped out into the early evening and guests arrived from all around. Sentiri looked around at all the masked faces and outfits. She was surprised at the number of non-Chiss attendees being so plentiful. Perhaps the Ascendancy was changing. The government had always kept close borders, but despite so many foreign powers having come through the territory and spreading their own culture, many of the ties to outside of the Unknown Regions remained. Perhaps the Chiss could no longer keep their borders closed. They needed to be as present and outward as all the others.

Thoughts dissolved from her mind as Sentiri entered the ballroom. She made for the first place she could think to find suitable conversations or dance partners, the bar. Ordering a drink, she casually glanced around and her eyes rested on a particular trio who stood out like sore thumbs. Two humans and an armored Mandalorian wearing a mask around his helmet stood talking to themselves, looking around at the gathering. Sentiri approached them, drink in hand.

"Are you two having difficulties with one of our decorations? I think they leave the suits of armor along the outside wall." Sentiri offered the quip with a small smile, sincerely hoping that her joke would be well received.

[member="Beth Cadera"] | [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] | [member="Adenn Kyramud"]​

Beth barely had time to read what the bar was even offering. [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] wasted no time in ordering a drink. She knew the woman loved her alcohol, but how would she know what Beth would like? A cautiously optimistic but skeptical face as she watched the bartender give a nod and begin to work on hers, Aditya’s, and [member="Adenn Kyramud"]. Alcoholic drinks were always a hit or miss. Or a very painful experience. Usually the later.

Beth’s eyes scanned the large, open room. She noted several figures, although in truth she only recognized a couple – and that was mostly through the Holonet articles and the like. Of course, the pictures and descriptions of the House Palace or of the Chiss people didn’t give it justice. Beautiful, proud, and… As Aditya said, efficient engineering. Her lips cracked a smile as she tuned in to listen to the woman. “It is… Beautiful. I hope I live up to their expectations,” she said in a much quieter voice. In some ways, she was nervous just because of that.

She laughed a quiet, graceful laugh at her comment to Adenn. Even at a ball, they couldn’t get the man out of his beskar. Gotta give him credit for consistency, at least. Her train of thought broke at the woman who had made a slight scene at the bar. A loud hey and a smack of her fist on the barkeep. Beth’s long Elven ears perked slightly.

She reached out to take the glass of blossom wine but Aditya held on and spoke. She gave a small nod, “I will. It is a very nice buttress, I’ll admit,” she said with a nod of appreciation. At Aditya’s last question, she gave a small shrug. She wasn’t sure. Who did they thank for the invitation? Beth hadn’t really thought that far ahead.

Either way, the young woman gave a smirk to Adenn. Give him time and he’d find out. Fair enough, she assumed. Although, a woman did come up – and made a joke mostly directed at Adenn’s awkward attire for the evening. Beth cracked a grin at [member="Sentiri"] and looked over to Adenn with an eyebrow slightly raised. “Indeed, at least I managed to get a mask over his... Helmet,” she said with a small chuckle as she tried to recall the Basic term for buy'ce. Nearby, she noticed a man who seemed just ready to strike conversation. “Excuse me,” she said with a slight nod of her head as she walked over to @Cleru. It was time to intermingle and all that fun stuff, or so she assumed, anyway.

Enjoying the masquerade so far,” she asked with a friendly smile as she held her glass of wine in her hand.

What're you gonna do? Kill me?
“Dang right we’re stunning.” Has his HUD picked up the crystals and silver on this dress? If not, I ought to fix the optics as a pity present. He arms up, then disarms, and I can’t help the laugh bubbling out. Poor unfortunate soul. Half his gumption destroyed with every hold out pistol left behind. At least the man was loyal, and worthy of securing [member="Beth Cadera"] and I to the ball and back. Good of him… No! No Aditya! No Mandalorian is ever good! Boo! Urns!

… Kind of hard to keep my anger, when I’m having such a grand time looking at pristine architecture and solid engineering.

“Point is you have it, Bethany. Not that y’drink it. Remember, parties like this? They’re all about the right steps, not necessarily about the details. Sip it, make it last. And chin up. You don’t hope you live up to their expectations. You’re my granddaughter, darling. You already do. Now believe it. Go have fun. Scoot your bum!”

Finally, I shall have my vengeance over the masked man! Finally my revenge of identifying his face! Son of a bee, he has a straw. Zounds! Foiled again, by a man who wears a foil hat of many layers!

“I will get that bucket off your head, Alor Kyramud.” My eyes narrow under the mask, as I flick a setting and a pair of lenses descend, to partially mimick what the Chiss see. It’s a cheap engineer’s trick with film and optics, and I can’t say with certainty that it works. “Straw or no straw, you’ll take it off one day and I will be there. Will. Be. There.

Lenses require further testing, is the term I’ll use on my report. Report to my Epicanthix self, but still. It could be worse. I could be human.

“Hah! Oh sweetie pie ( [member="Sentiri"] ), you know it’s so hard to get a Mandalorian into evening wear for major occasions. Give me a couple window dressings and I could jerry rig a smock to go over the armour.” I offer a gloved hand, as is only respectful in such a climate. “The real conundrum is whether or not you’re enjoying yourself yet, Ma’am. And how we can be of assistance on that point.”

Mandalorian Prophet

M
A brow raised at the rather comical sight of [member="Adenn Kyramud"] with a mask around a helmet. The helm itself should have been enough. From what he had heard of Mandalorians, they didn't have much of a sense of humor. That was apparently false info. Cleru chuckled into his drink as he took another sip, letting his gaze once again wander over the crowd. More and more arrived, from different houses and even other foreigners.

The Chiss really had bounced back from the brink of destruction.

[member="Beth Cadera"] got a slight raise of his glass as a response to her greeting, a kind smile offered. One of the Mandalorians, if her arrival with the walking tank and [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] proved anything. "Course. There's nothin like these sort of events. Everyone smiling and being happy. You'd never guess how many of the people here lost family in the Civil War." He mused, a clear sense of pride in his voice. "Wounds are healing. We'll still have the scars, but we'll survive."

The man blinked as he finished speaking, glancing again to Beth. "Ah, apologies. I'm Cleru." He extended a hand. "Pleasure."

Dezoti

D
blue-gold-masquerade-mask-24.jpg

"As an Aristocra it is your duty to show the pride and prestige the Chiss people hold. You embody it. So why would you even think I would allow you to go to the masquerade in anything less then the best?" Hours before the party was to start Dezoti stood in her family estate's dressing room. It was far to vast for her liking, but her mother, who was just speaking, always seemed the happiest when she was in this room. The to be appointed Aristocra could at least respect that.

"Look, I'm only wearing this because I always get complaints that I show off too much skin. Really I'm not though. I just want to make sure I can move in case of an emergency." The young woman frowned at her reflection. The blue dress was beautiful, but it really wasn't her style. If it wasn't for [member="Karisa"] she'd have cut the sleeves and removed most of the lower cloth to above her knees so she could run as needed. Nobility needed to look the part.

"Yes yes, I know. But you really do look beautiful Dezzy." It was extremely rare for Chiss to use anything but their full name when addressing one another, but her mother always did call her Dezzy. The ex-commando simply smiled.

"Thank's mom, really."

One of the last arrivals came in through the front flanked by a pair of armed soldiers. She held her head high, commanding respect through sheer presence alone. She was one of the few who ran the Ascendancy, and she took that duty with pride. Her heels clicked against the smooth floor as she stepped through the middle of the gathering, being sure to be seen by as many as possible.

It would do good for the more common folk to see their leaders among them. Her red eyes constantly scanned her environment, taking in any potential threat. The biggest one? The walking tank of a Mandalorian [member="Adenn Kyramud"] . There'd be a problem if he decided to turn hostile. For now though, Dezoti then went about mingling, greeting the various party goers with a calm smile fit for a queen.

The Aristocra had arrived.

OOC:
Helmet: ON
Mask (made so that it fits the helmet and the horns go over it)
------------------
As [member="Beth Cadera"] smirked at him, Adenn smirked back. It may have been unseen, but it was there. With that thought though, Adenn looked around once more. As he spotted important people, his helmet cataloged them for future reference. Perpetually there was a list of names that would pop up over people if recognized. More often than not, there were simply question marks, but for a few, there were names. Those with names Adenn made sure to remember.

When [member="Remi"] slammed her hand on the desk and shouted "hey," Adenn immediately turned in her direction. That woman didn't belong. He didn't know why, but his natural sixth sense was tingling, warning him of her. No doubt it was because of what she did. From what he'd read, all Chiss were calm, cool and collected at all times. The only exceptions were to their families in private, or when they were drunk. And here this woman was, not drunk, yet already agitated. Analyzing her with his helmet, Adenn made a note in his helmet to keep track of her. She'd be the center of something or other soon enough, he was sure of it.

Then [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] distracted him, speaking about getting his helmet off, Adenn gave a light chuckle. Even if only to think of something else.
"Please Aditya, I said to call me Adenn. Alor Kyramud is for more formal events, and people who don't know me. And if you want to be there when I take my helmet off." He shrugged, "Then you'd have to follow me into my room at some point in time. Or get me drunk enough that I might take it off. It'll take a lot for that to happen though." Adenn laughed once at that.

Speaking of people who didn't know him. [member="Sentiri"] walked up to them and gave her little quip of a line. Once it was finished, Adenn quirked an eyebrow behind his helmet. Then, ever so slowly and slightly menacingly, he turned his helmeted head to her. No doubt it wasn't as menacing as it could've been, thanks to the mask, but still, it was there. Then, in a completely dead pan voice, Adenn said.
"Ha, ha."

When [member="Beth Cadera"] spoke about getting the mask over his helmet, Adenn grinned. She forgot the word as well. He wouldn't correct her on what helmet was in Basic, at least not yet. Then, suddenly, she left and went to one of the Chiss away from them. Sighing to himself, Adenn looked between Aditya and Beth. He was supposed to guard both of them, kind of hard to do if they were seperated. Thinking about who to protect, Adenn settled on Aditya. He'd rather not have her make a fool of herself. Beth could handle herself, at least relatively well unless combat was in order. Which, in this case, was most likely not going to happen.

When Aditya spoke of jury rigging a smock for him out of window dressings, Adenn shook his head. Though amusing, he did not want that to happen to him.
"I like my armor the way it is. No smock is needed here." He looked [member="Sentiri"] over once before continuing. "Besides, I'm more than a mere decoration. I'm so much more, more that's hidden behind my armor." Glancing at Aditya then, "More that a certain someone is hell bent on finding out about."

Adenn chuckled then and took another drink of his whiskey. It may have been potent, but it'd take a lot to get him even close to tipsy. With that thought in mind, Adenn would keep drinking, though not a lot. And not so much that he'd be impaired should things go south. Looking around once more, Adenn noticed [member="Dezoti"] arrive. She must've been important, especially with the two armed guards. Running a quick scan with his helmet, he found out that she must be one leaders. Leaning towards Aditya, Adenn spoke so only she could hear him.
"That there," motioning slightly at Dezoti, "is one of the people you should thank. She's rather important. High up in the Ascendancy, and one of the leaders, if my information is correct."

With that said, Adenn went back to observing people and listening to people speak.

[member="Dezoti"] @Cleru [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] [member="Beth Cadera"] [member="Sentiri"] [member="Remi"] @Karisa @Eriate @Malicar @Thorne

ilHQHpr.png

A glass of champagne was graciously accepted from a passing waiter who was carrying a tray of the sparkling wine through the crowd gathered in the Rotunda's ballroom along the edge of the dance floor. The Wing Commander raised the crystal flute to her lightly polished lips, then took a small sip of the bubbly drink. It wasn't her preferred spirit to indulge in, but it would do to get the ball rolling, so to speak.

Hess'iva'nuruodo rarely got all dolled up, being navy bred through and through, but this occasion was a special one. Not only was this a celebration of the Chiss' independence from Outsider rule and a return to the Red Flames ideals, but also the new major Ruling Houses were to be named by the Defense Hierarchy.

House Nuruodo like Sabosen and others, had been supplanted of their respective society roles they had previously been charged with by Jen'ari aligned families. Now, after the Jen'ari Empire's demise in Chiss space along with those collaborating Ruling Houses, the power within the Ascendancy was changing again as well. The hope was that the Nuruodo family would get the nod to regain their hold over the military. It was why the elite pilot was wearing their House color; a pale shade of bronze because it worked best for her.

[member="Thurian"] | [member="Karisa"] | [member="Thorne"] | [member="Malicar"] | [member="Cleru"] | [member="Eriate"] | [member="Dezoti"] | [member="Remi"] | [member="Beth Cadera"] | [member="Aditya Fitz Kierke"] | [member="Adenn Kyramud"]​

Appearance
vQc1M9I.jpg

Hair style and makeup (Sivan's RL playby)

fCs6MlW.jpg

Masquerade mask

0xwSJuJ.jpg

Ball gown

Thurian

T
ilHQHpr.png

Elsewhere…

The Chiss House Palace was and forever had been a beautiful sight, it resembled the power of the people from Csilla, standing tall against a landscape that was unforgiving and ruthless towards those who did not pay it the right respect. In stark copy the building itself held a culture that was almost like it’s home planet in every way, uncaring, selfish and likely to kill you without ever showing indication first. So was the way of the Chiss ruling houses, it was how it always had been and how it always will be.

Yet for Mitth’uria’nuruodo the palace held such promise and great regret. He pondered on it as he stood, arms behind his back alone in one of the grand corridors that illustrated the grandeur of the structure. Giant glass windows cast an erie illumination across the marble patterned floor, blotted by colour from the stained glass depicting moments of Chiss culture. It was a far right movement that had seen such illustrations, the Chiss usually happy to merely get on with their lives as apposed to channeling it into artwork. He wasn’t particularly keen on them, however it did add a certain appeal to the whole scene.

“The attendees are in session.” A voice interrupted his silent thoughts, playing heavy in the air despite being no more then a whisper. “Including representatives from the majority of the houses.” The speak was a hooded female that much was certain, her red eyes betraying her race as one of the hosts, yet any other feature was cast in darkness by the thick black cloak she wore across her shoulders.

“Good.” Mitth’uria’nuruodo responded, removing his hands from his back and indicating towards the closest of the windows. “Did you know the story of this one? It’s quite a tale.” He waited a moment, an illusion that he cared for an answer. “There was once an ancient enemy that cast themselves against the Ascendency, for a long time we were at odds with fighting them, unsure of their strategies and their motives. However we learnt fast as we always do. The ruling house Nuruodo wiped them from the stars and saved the Ascendency.” He then turned, facing another window, his red eyes reflecting the etchings. “This one was a civil war, Ruling House Nuruodo wiped them from the stars and saved the Ascendency.” Again he turned. “Ruling House Nuruodo saved the Ascendency.” Another. “Ruling House Nuruodo saved the Ascendency.” He continued until each window in visible sight had been indicated to by his hand. “Yet here we stand unable to even take a seat of the Ascendency Council all because of the lies of a group of alien invaders who declared us allies without our support or will.”

“We will change that.” The cloaked woman said quietly, her eyes reflecting the glow of his. “You will change that.”

“I will.” He said, anger in his words. “I have.” He ran a hand through his perfectly styled hair, several strands having come unstuck during his explanation on the stories of his people. “You know what you need to do, just insure that it is done quietly and unseen.”

“I always do.” She turned and left, her footsteps almost silent against the marble floor.

Mitth’uria’nuruodo turned back to the window nearest to him and adjusted his black uniform. “Yes you always do.” He smirked slightly. The party awaited…

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
ilHQHpr.png
CHISS SPACE

House Palace; Csilla.
Mitth'orn'eruod held the glass of Merenzane Gold up to his nose, smelling the sweet liquid, before he took a sip and relished in the sharp tang that followed. There was a moment when the Admiral could pause, filtering out the crowd, the sea of faceless individuals within it, and to simply bask in the opportunity to enjoy such an exquisite drink. Beside him, Mitth'orn'eruod heard another individual (Vesnam'alica'raith) in a dark outfit and full face order his own beverage, before said individual stood near Mitth'orn'eruod.

"Yes, the spirit is quite rare," Mitth'orn'eruod confirmed, nodding to the Chiss beside him who was drinking a claret. "As you say, it is indeed fortunate the bar had it in stock."

Mitth'orn'eruod didn't mention that he had personally ordered the beverage, making sure it was available for the evening. He took another sip of the golden liquid, before continuing.

"I see you are familiar with the drink. I have never tasted a Cassandra Sunrise, though I have heard it is very unique, what with the inclusion of vaporator mushrooms..."

It was around that time Mitth'orn'eruod noticed some new arrivals. Clearly not Chiss, humanoids though, they entered dressed in finery. The individual whom walked with the pair of females gave away their culture, due to the Mandalorian armor. There was a mask placed on top of the helmet, perhaps as a means of amusement or of maintaining the dress code for the evening. It didn't take long for the threesome to be engaged by others at the ball, which caused Mitth'orn'eruod to shift his attention and observe additional guests in the large ornate hall... but he didn't have to look far, as another guest (Vesnam'eriate'raithe) approached the bar.

"Good evening," Mitth'orn'eruod said with another nod, as he took a sip of his drink. "Does not the idea of a little mystery appeal? I imagine the purpose for the masks is to have a brief reprieve from the strict social expectations of House and rank... peeking would ruin it, yes?"

Mitth'orn'eruod noted the intricate gauntlet the female wore, his crimson eyes narrowing slightly. Even with the decorations and patterning, the design was visible beneath for one well-versed in the item. A Viziter's gauntlet, it seemed, had come into the gala. But, the Admiral wasn't too surprised, since he suspected most individuals had some kind of personal protection on their person. In this instance, however, it was worth noting whom had the lightsaber if something untoward were to happen.

"That is an exquisite gauntlet, very fetching," Mitth'orn'eruod said with a smile under his half-mask. He took another mouthful of Merenzane Gold. "I did not catch your name, miss?"

I wonder...

X5BpgBb.png
[member="Karisa"] | [member="Malicar"] | [member="Eriate"]​

Eriate

E
Eriate had apparently caught the attention of another guest, as she turned to face the Chiss speaking to her. Still adorning that placid expression, she returned the greeting, taking the drink from the bartender and putting it to her lips. "Good evening to you as well." She sipped it and lingered on it for a moment. Yes, quite exquisite, she'd compliment her brother(@Malicar) on his choice of liquor after this event. The stranger asked about the idea of a mystery and the sort, and yes, that was the entrity of this whole affair now wasn't it? To forget about rank and custom and merely mingle with those in the place. "It's hard for me to have any 'mystery' left. I do enjoy a good mystery, don't mistake me. But when so much vital information is all within the reach of your finger tips, it's hard to find it exciting. I end up feeling like a child trying not to peak at their gifts the day before Life Day." She let out a rare chuckle which might have startled her brother if he had heard it. "If I must be honest, I've never sampled this drink before. I will say, it has quite a taste with it. I'll have to consider ordering a supply for myself when the day is done." She complimented, swirling the drink about the glass before taking another sip. She could feel the strangers eyes upon her, studying her, examining her clothing. Though she doubted it was a night of backroom talk this Chiss was looking for, if anything he was preforming threat analysis. "Ah, do you like it?" She stated with an almost bored tone, as she flexed and showed it off. "It's nothing special, honestly, just a simple bit of metal work." He clearly knew what she was wearing on her wrist, all the better that way. Then he asked for her name. This man clearly knew what he was doing. He liked a mystery, and yet wanted to know who she was. Now she had two options, play the game right back at him, or play along and hope he did as well.; both methods were valid, and just as exciting, but what to chose? Eriate grinned under the mask, and decided to play nice. "Vesnam'eriate'raithe, and who might you be sire?"
[member="Thorne"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom