Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finder's Keepers (All Jedi)

Light Rises

L
With the work of the Enclaves, there was a lot of working coming together. Various Masters had begun working together without the need for any kind of title, or Order. They all had their own goals, and skillsets. Coren Starchaser, doing his best as always to become the type to lead all the Jedi had been working with Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill on a new project. It was a bit of training, but more so a scavenger hunt. The Jedi were invited to the ancient world of Ahch-To, location of one of the first temples. The Jedi who were accepting the quest were coming to the world, and heading to one of the larger islands.

Today’s lesson? Psychometry and Force Echoes.

The Masters had arrived, and Jend-Ro was using his skills to lay down several meditation circles, while Coren had placed several artifacts, or at least imbued artifacts with some history of Jedi events, and a few powers. The Jedi would receive a list on a datacard. It provided that there were a dozen meditation circles and about a dozen and a half artifacts. The latter would each have some additional effect and those who would retrieve them would be able to add them to their own supplies.

The world had Coren’s small base camp, an Outer Rim Coalition temporary structure that served as a part of a classroom and a dormitory with a break room. As the new Jedi arrived, Coren was away from camp but several protocol droids were there, ensuring that the Jedi were set up for their quests, with the proper gear and comms systems to ensure they would get any required aid.

The rules were simple, you had your lightsaber, your robes, climbing gear and a rebreather. The meditation circles would remain and provide a much needed boost, and lesson for the Jedi who find them, however the artifacts would provide support for the Jedi in the future.

(This is a DM’d thread, I’ll try to post twice a week to keep up with the threads. Ahch-To is and island area, we’re on one of the temperate islands. I’ll respond to the stories you tell here. The quest finder was introducing the concept of Force Echoes and Psychometry, as well as using Force Sense to locate that which is hidden.)

The meditation circles would remain and provide a much needed boost, and lesson for the Jedi who find them, however the artifacts would provide support for the Jedi in the future.

6a91Cmn.gif

Quill loved Ahch-To: the solitude, the porgs, the green milk, the weather, all of it. He also loved laying down permanent meditation circles. Thus, though he'd keep his distance from the eager participants of Coren's cache-seeking event, he'd had no problem coming out here at the Grandmaster's request. Making meditation circles was like imbuing the Force into objects, but where any given object was usually tailored to an individual holder or wearer, meditation circles were for any Jedi who happened by them. It was a bit like laying the seeds of a Force nexus ten or a hundred years ahead of time. He selected areas where the soil was thin. He inscribed the meditation circle in the underlying stone with a precise lightsaber ritual he'd honed back on Hoth. A slash at the right speed and angle let the saber cut into the stone an inch or less deep along a line, straight or curved. He stomped out any little flames from the damp grass and moved on.

That was how he'd done it while setting up for Coren's event. Hopefully the participants would get as much joy out of finding and using the meditation circles as Quill had found in making them.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Ahch-To was an amazing world and as The Will of the Force reported that people were here and the jedi master was down in the deep temple of the precepts. They had been testing the construction of the Zenkyoku containment traps. They were reporting on it as the world was open to anyone of the jedi to come. The temple was being cared for by dedicated builders. Architects of the force who diverged from the jedi order but the constructed temples, starships, were possibly the basis for what the Artisans and tech division became. They stood around with the Lanai caretakers in their Robes of the Weavers to make the jedi village to support what fource users were here. Temple Security were able to move around and responded to go and meet Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill mostly standing off to the side unarmed while they were sensing for hostile intent. "Hello visitor are you here for the library or are you one of the jedi seeking to hunt Kaitusatek in the heartstring islands?" Matsu felt it far below in the precepts temple and raised an eyebrow but startedtohead back as she moved through the massive crystal cave that resonated with force energies from the crystal statues that had been crafted.

Quill blinked and came to a stop halfway through the pattern of inscription. He blinked owlishly.

"Making a meditation circle," he said. They had the general air of guards, probably associated with the various Lightsider facilities and retreats, and the shield gate far overhead. "I'm Quill - Grandmaster Starchaser sent me to set up for the cache-seeking event. Are you participants? Just, um, forget you saw where this one is."

Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

There were some strict rules between Jacen and his student Serya Talith Serya Talith since her attempt to create a Force-imbued weapon. He had instructed her not to use the Force in any overt way until they could figure out exactly why she was experiencing the blackouts.

It made her restless. He was not entirely convinced she was not trying to practise when he wasn't close by.

A treasure hunt felt like a good middle ground. She could use the Force to a slight degree to follow the routes laid out by the Jedi masters. It also afford him a chance to talk to Coren and Jend-ro about their predicament.

"I'm just following today," he told Serya. "You take the lead and I'll just see where the Force takes you."

And I will be there in case something dark happens again, he kept to himself

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

The two security looked at him butbowed. "We are not within this event but if there is any problems we can respond as needed. Perhaps someof the younglings or trainees would want to participate. They are in the training areas right now." They did quickly type into the datapads to end any need for an alert and explain that it was other jedi. "Just if there are ones participating be careful of the private docks. Grandmaster Sorel and Master Ike had a pen built there forthe sea monster they found years ago and he can be dangerous.... or playful.... but playfulto a several dozen ton creature under the water can be the same as dangerous." They spoke but were largely over explaining it but it would be terribly hard to explain accidents to the others. They turned and the ones spoke low. "How many grandmasters are there?" That got a small snicker but.. "Several by all reports."

Leea had only recently come to the Jedi, only recently discovered her connection to the Force, and only recently begun her path in its ways. It had been a surprise, further exaggerated by sudden changes in life careers. Now she had settled into some form of a routine. Having been taught the basics of meditation, the Mirialan had eagerly devoted many hours to the practice. She had reached a point where she believed she could sense the Force outside of regular meditation, perhaps not an impressive feat for most Jedi, but it was an important step for her.

Though her usual work space was on the far side of the galaxy, Leea believed she should partake in the exercise. If nothing else, she had decided it would be an experience, hopefully broadening her understanding of what it was to be a Jedi. More than that, it would hopefully afford her an opportunity to meet other Jedi in training and discover what beliefs they shared. As she had learned in the army, take advantage of any learning experience offered, especially ones that didn't involve live firing. The young trainee had been fortunate enough to have a friend willing to help her travel to the world and discovered it to be a wondrous place.

Leea had traveled to many worlds, but never one with this percentage of water, the islands accentuated the natural beauty and captivated her as she stepped off the loading ramp. She did not immediately catch sight of other Jedi, but imagined that in time they may become apparent. Let the Force guide me. She reminded herself. If there is another person I am to meet, it will happen. Until then, focus now. She decided for the moment just to take some time to feel the world. It reminded her of Qi-ko, with an almost palpable presence in the Force. Perhaps this was the beginning of the training itself. Trust the Force to see what is hidden? Meditation has helped give me an idea of what to do and where to go. But to actually find something in particular... Well, this will be a day.

"But where to start?" She thought to herself, then as if remembering that she was not truly alone in this, Leea looked back to the ship and the person stepping down the loading ramp in her wake. "Have you ever been to a planet like this before? There's so much water!"

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

Once Quill finished making the meditation circles, folks started arriving for the event, and he retreated to a quiet corner of the island. He emerged, however, when Jacen Voidstalker Jacen Voidstalker and Serya Talith Serya Talith arrived.

Thirsty from the morning's work, he slurped green thala-siren milk - raw milk, none of this skim milk nonsense - from a survival kit's travel mug. Years back he'd realized that almost everything he needed in day to day life came included with a survival kit, and had promptly replaced almost everything he owned with one now-ragged backpack.

"Jacen, Serya - welcome to Ahch-To. Find the place alright?"

Ahch-To was notoriously difficult to find. Jorus Merrill's Jedi expedition had rediscovered it, oh, almost two decades ago now if Quill remembered right, long before any of these facilities and monoliths sprang up. He'd been a new Jedi Master then, worn out and shell-shocked in the middle of his war years. Ahch-To had offered peace he truly needed in the moment he needed it. In fact his trip here had spurred him to start seriously considering hermitage. Being a tagalong on the first Ahch-To expedition had set the stage for his long sojourn on Hoth.

Serya frowned at Jacen, feeling the slight babying in the choice of today's activity. And yesterdays. And every days, for that matter. She couldn't help but to feel like a problem. It was hard not to when the only adult in your life made it a habit of looking at you with concern in their eyes whenever they thought you weren't looking.

It frustrated her, but she was practicing patience as of late and swallowed it back. "I'll be f- Master Quill," she exclaimed, her expression lighting up as the old man approached, chiseled jaw line and all. "What are you doing here?"

It wasn't often Serya saw someone twice, never mind from one planet to the next. The small size of the community still eluded her. Just like Jacen's piloting skills eluded him.

"We found it okay but... I think we'll be needing someone to look at the ship..."

Jacen Voidstalker Jacen Voidstalker Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

"Look," he said, rounding on Serya with a grin on his face. "I merely buckled one of the landing struts. It has another three that are perfectly safe."

At least Serya had managed to avoid swearing this time. She didn't always.

Having witness the Talith curse he had kept her hands far from the controls. If she even was a Talith. He saw no reason to combine that curse with his own ineptitude.

"Need to buy a pilot droid I think. You've er...got a little..." Jacen said to Jend-ro, mimicking wiping his own top lip.

Quill swiped ineffectually at the green milk on his moustache. He grimaced and scrubbed at it with the sleeve of his robes. "Thanks. As for what I'm doing here, Serya - Master Starchaser asked me to lay down meditation circles at various points around the cache-seeking region. Useful little spots to get your balance and your bearings. And Ahch-To's the perfect place for them - I love this planet. The rain, the sea air. The locals, the Lanai, are private people who like other private people."

He waved to a distant Lanai Caretaker, who waved back and trundled off through the crags.

Jacen Voidstalker Jacen Voidstalker Serya Talith Serya Talith

She had managed to exit the caves and looked around... no need to rush but she did shake her head to loosen the curtain of black hair before walking. In the robes along the path and seeing what the security forces reported for it. Nothing major just jedi doing training sessions onthe world. A tight lipped smirk appeared on her face as she was walking and heard the voices. The jedi master decided for the slight dramatic entrance stepping quietly up some of the stones and coming around as talk of the Lanai got a small grin from her. She mostly landed off to the side and bowed. "They are lovely." The jedi master stood there for a moment looking at the before she spoke again bringing her hands forward and clasping them. "Welcome to Ahch-To." She looked at the two masters with a bow of her head and the padawan. "I am Matsu of the Jadeite Jedi on the world and document the repository of the Lanai."

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Serya Talith Serya Talith Jacen Voidstalker Jacen Voidstalker

"Master Starchaser is here too-" Serya's befuddled words cut off into a yelp, the one-was street rat still prone sharp reactions as Matsu Ike Matsu Ike dropped in from above.

"Don't do that!" The force billowed out around the statement, an unconscious and raw attempt to inflict her will sent out around her. She exhaled shakily, her hands clammy as she gave herself a few self-soothing rubs. Almost immediately she felt silly for her strong response, a hint of red hitting her cheeks as the moment proved to be... harmless. Her heart pounded in her ears regardless. She was clearly a jumpy girl, nothing else to the impertinent response.

She gave a self-conscious look around, head tilting up to see where the woman had fallen from. Her ankles ached at the thought. "How-"

Jacen Voidstalker Jacen Voidstalker Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

Last edited:
Talohn was not thrilled about this jedi thing. He was never much for organized religion of any kind. He found the silver jedi tolerable at best. He found it proper to leave Madlad on the ship this time. Thus, they left the droid fuming on the corvette, likely carving on the walls of it's room or something. Though unhappy with the choice of coming to the jedi, he respected the fact that it was Leea's life, and she could do with it as she chose. He follows her down the ramp, eyes drifting about. So much water, he disliked it when there was lots of water. Which made sense considering his species.

When she questions him about the planet, he chuckles. "Haven't been to a planet like this for a long time. My preference is to avoid large bodies of water. Cathar are not meant for swimming." He looks about at all the jedi that were gathering. He could sense them all. He found discomfort in the fact that they could likely sense him in return. Considering how much time he's spent around sith, he was likely pinging someone's radar. Hopefully there aren't any zealots around. The last time he had interacted with the jedi, their training droids went insane and tried to kill everyone. So he was in his Mandalorian armor, armed to the teeth just in case something similar happened. Along with his usual weapons, The Mule and his trusty TDW HARM. Bot very solid slugthrowers. He also had a pit viper on his hip.

Once he's up beside Leea, he puts a hand on her shoulder. "You do need to control your powers, yes. But...don't get too much into this jedi thing, at least I wouldn't recommend it. To be a jedi means cutting off all emotional bonds last I checked. Seems like a lonely life. But it's still your life to live, I'll respect your choice. This is your mission, you lead the way this time. This is jedi school, right?" He hands her that blue lightsaber she'd have seen him have on occasion. The one he picked up from a dead silver jedi when he fought the Amalgam. "Can't have you going to school unprepared." He smiles.

Leea Pandac Leea Pandac Serya Talith Serya Talith Matsu Ike Matsu Ike Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Jacen Voidstalker Jacen Voidstalker

Leea refrained from sighing, she could understand Talohn's reservations. She herself had been uncertain about the Force, let alone the Jedi, when she had turned to a teacher. It had taken weeks to become accustomed to the idea she might seek training. She had come to find peace, to find a calm center that had been missing. She hoped the Cathar would someday come to understand her reasons for turning to the Jedi. She tried to put a grin on her face as she responded to his joke about water, "Just don't stand too close to the edge then."

Unlike Talohn, Leea had only the barest of abilities and did not sense other Jedi. What little innate sensory ability she possessed was overwhelmed as it was. the planet was alive with the Force, a veritable beacon of light blinding her to any other source. Perhaps as she spent more time on the world, she would begin to adjust.

"Don't worry. I'm not jumping into religion or philosophy. I'm just... finding myself I guess." Her voice wavered as her mind considered the repercussions of the thought. I know who I am right? Been fighting long enough I should hope I know. But I didn't know about the Force. I didn't know about flying. What else might there be?

As Talohn extends a hand bearing a lightsaber Leea weakly smiled in return as she tried to diplomatically decline, "Thank you, but I can't take that. I am not a Jedi, and I won't use their weapon." She hastily added, in an attempt to expound, "If I don't wear Mandalorian armor because I am not one of them, then I should show the same respect to these people." While all of this was true, there was another reason she refused a lightsaber, a reason more difficult to admit. The weapon made her uncomfortable, something about the blade, its design, its power, just seemed frightening.

Not wanting to dwell on the thoughts much more, Leea decided, "Let's go. Just try not to shoot anyone on the first day of 'school.' I think the camp where we start is this way." Pointing towards the place where the protocol droids had been left, she took a few steps before stopping. Just calm, remember. These people are here to help and learn, just like you. Taking a slow deep breath and looking out on the ocean, Leea continued on, feeling more relaxed and ready to take on what this training had to offer.

Serya Talith Serya Talith Matsu Ike Matsu Ike Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Jacen Voidstalker Jacen Voidstalker Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Serya Talith Serya Talith Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Jacen laid a hand on Serya's shoulder. He almost laid a hand on her shoulder. He didn't want to startle her again, instead it hovered close to her as he tried to exude a calming influence. It wasn't a Mind Trick, as much as just a gentle nudge to let her know his presence was there.

"A very theatrical entrance," he observed, "though perhaps practical when there are so many steep stairs."

He didn't need to tell them that Serya was easily startled, that much was obvious. Should the others not take account of that in future, then he would start shouting.

"So we should try and find the closest meditation circle for Serya to get started on Master Starchaser hunt?" he asked. He cast a concerned glance down at Serya rather than asking if she felt alright.

Quill flinched at Serya's startled Force emanation, but let Jacen take the lead in managing it.

"The closest starting circle is just up this bluff," he said. "You can't miss it. Go on, Serya - and watch the slick rocks; it rained this morning."

He turned to Matsu. "Always hoped to meet you, Master Ike. I've wrapped up the prep work for the cache-finding event; do you have a minute? I could use your advice."

Jacen Voidstalker Jacen Voidstalker Serya Talith Serya Talith Matsu Ike Matsu Ike

Calmness washed over her as she flicked her eyes to the girl. The padawan Serya Talith Serya Talith had responded not how she expected and the jedi master spoke. "Apologies." A small bow of her head as she heard them wanting to take the girl to one of the circles and she spoke. "This should be something fun to see. Should they be needed the Arukirī can respond quickly enough. We have developed their robes for healing augmentation." They were also good at moving around here and over saw generally the columbarium of the jedi. Thousands of generations of jedi ashes collected. She was looking at Jend as he spoke about wanting to meet her and talk to her as she slid from her pocket a piece of Solarite Metal holding it up.

"'A gift if you would, we created with our research pure lightsiide metal light as a feather so long as you are light but for a darksider the weight of a star." She offeredit as a small thing to at least remember the planet. "Our quartermaster and tech division have developed much." She waited in case anyone wanted to take it and nodded towards Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill with all of the island around them. "Do you have apreference master jedi?" She wasn't in a rush and there was always something being worked on here while different jedi were testing out the robes that were being developed. From scout robes to strike team robes.

Jacen Voidstalker Jacen Voidstalker Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Leea Pandac Leea Pandac Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

"I am fine," she insisted to Jacen, taking Quill's branch and and running with it. "I'm going to find the meditation ring. Alone."

She didn't need hand holding for meditation. She sliiiinked away, the heat still to her cheeks as she scrambled up the slippery bluff. She paused at the top, amber eyes tossing over her shoulder to reinforce her independence. I'm fine.

She disappeared with a sharp turn down, hair whipping about her in her wake.

Her pointed movements slowed once she was alone, the small hill creating a sense of separation that the teen sorely needed. It dawned on her in that moment that she couldn't recall the last time she had been alone. Truly, alone. Ship life did that to you.

She took a deep breath in and went cross legged inside the meditation circle, too caught up in her own thoughts to appreciate the ingenuity of it.

"Of course,"

He let her go. Jacen felt as if he was destined to keep repeating the mistakes of the past. This time he made a firm decision to try and change. If he smothered her then she would end up as distant from him as Trextan was now.

Jacen watched her go. The only real danger here was the slopes and he could hardly hold her hand on the way up.

To really help her, what he needed was advice. He was out of his depth and this time he had to admit it to someone. Hopefully Serya would find a modicum of peace up on the hillside. Hopefully when Jend-ro was free he could get another perspective on the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom