Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finder's Keepers (All Jedi)

Quill squatted in front of her. À light rain was coming down. He fumbled for words, still immersed in her reawakening memories.

"You are who you choose to be. Who you have been...is loved. Hold to that. Tell me about your mother. Tell me how she loved you."

It was at that that the tears crept forward, old grief finding new life with the curtains of her past pulled back. Her mother had sacrificed everything-- "She l-liked music." She wiped at her face, trying to stay afloat. "Horrible singer. Horrible, horrible-" she grimaced, a slight laugh catching. "But every morning she'd be dancing to such catchy songs. S-singing to wake me up." Another laugh, the healthy side of grief.

"I hated it."

A gentle wave of sadness set in, as she began to see her mothers actions in a new light. "She left everything for me." Her eyes snapped up to Quill's seeking answers that he would not have.

"What about my brother?"

"If your brother is the young Darksider who's been looking for you, it's possible he means you well, his lost sister. It's also possible he's following your father's orders or footsteps, and them finding you would be what your mother...died to prevent. I don't think we can escape the idea that your father was involved. It would explain why those pirates or mercenaries knew her name.

"No matter what's true, I'd strongly suggest that you wait until you remember everything before you make any decisions. Guard your privacy. It was her last gift to you."

She nodded. What else could she do?

It was the reveal of a lifetime.

One moment she thought she had a handle over it, the next-- she shrugged off Jacen's hand, remembering that he had suspected this all along. Instead of seeing his concern, she saw mistrust in who she was.

Perhaps it was reflecting insecurities, but she felt judgement all the same. She stood, her skin crawling against the attention. "Thank you. I-...I'm going to go lay down," she excused, no eye contact given as she turned to flee the scene.

And perhaps vomit too. Yes, that might make the world settle.

The raw, medley of emotions emanating from the young Talith was hard to shield himself from. Every fear he had held had come crashing down. He had done nothing to soften the blow for her. Jacen sighed softly, letting her go. She needed some space.

"What did you find?" he asked Jend-ro plainly. He hadn't been privy to everything running through her mind. Now he was worried that behind that barrier there had been demons lurking far worse than what he might have imagined.

Jacen was clear on his priorities. They kept her safe from any family members coming after her. If they could help her brother then he could try, but only if the right opportunity arose.

Quill got up from the rock and went to stand closer to the slope, looking down at the sea. "I'm still processing it myself," he said. "The mother worked for, or answered to, the father. He inspired fear in all of them. There was a prophecy about Serya and her brother - the young man whose presence I booted. No idea what the prophecy was, but it seemed to me like the father was preparing Serya for a role in it, maybe through Dark Side training. To keep her out of the prophecy, the mother took her memory and blocked her Force abilities when she was about ten. Pirates or mercenaries killed her - they knew her name. Reclamation mission gone wrong on the father's behalf. There was a golden sword - and a ring. The mother's ring was meant for Serya, and she wanted the sword but it went to the brother."

The rambling stream of consciousness poured out of him. He barely took a breath.

"The brother says he needs her, but my guess is for the prophecy, still following what the father wanted or wants."

Jacen Voidstalker Jacen Voidstalker

"Kark," Jacen muttered.

This was all worse case scenarios. It didn't matter if the brother had been brainwashed or was simply chasing his own dreams now. He would be dangerous. The father could be even more dangerous.

"This was the only way to know," Jacen. "Unless I'd waited until the brother actually found her."

He still felt guilty. It was a lot for Serya to try and take in. She had a mother who has cared for her. Enough to have died for her.

"I'm going to need to find someone to craft something to make her harder to track down. The Galaxy is a big place, but not to the Force. Know anyone who could do something like that? I've been out of the verse a little while."

"I mean...who owns Myrkr now?"

It was only half a joke.

"There's any number of solutions though. A skin nodule from a huge sessile taozin would do the trick - you can find those in the lower chasms of Coruscant or other ecumenopoleis. I could put you in touch with a specialized crafter who could make something small and appropriate. If you need something soon, and you might, I can make you a Force disperser. It'd be large...typically they're the size of a vase or something. A head-sized rock ought to do the trick, and as long as Serya stayed within, oh, ten meters of it and didn't use the Force for anything huge, it'd meet your needs."

Talohn simply goes silent once again after giving his advice, allowing her to continue her her attempts at reaching out to the force. He began pacing around, remaining vigilant and on guard while Leea was in this state. He could sense it, her mind calming. He smiled ever so slightly, happy that she got use out of his advice. Once he was happy with how clear things were, that there were no threats to be had, he began doing his own thing while he waited on her.

Over the course of her meditation, she'd notice the cathar doing various things to occupy himself, Hanging upside down from a tree, playing some sort of turn based strategy game on his holopad, pushups and situps. A holocom call with Madlad in which they argue once again about whether or not oceans qualify as a soup. Anything to pass the time, really. But he was still ready to blast anything down that came nearly the mirialan with hostile intent, That much could be assured.

The next time Leea breaks out of meditation, she'd notice Talohn sitting in front of her. "Been out a while now, you're sweating too much. I'd say it's time for a lunch break." He offers her a protein bar, and his canteen of water. "I'll make some real food when we get back to the ship, alright? What do you want for dinner anyways?" The cathar was always cooking, he had really taken the mantle as a doting parent.

Leea Pandac Leea Pandac

"I assume by now someone has bombed it again," he replied. It was more than half a joke, but with even less taste.

"I would be grateful for anythinf you could do to help. It's a toss up now between running to the far corner of the Galaxy, holding up in a jedi fortress or vanishing somewhere and unmonitored like Terminus."

"I'd best get after her," Jacen muttered, giving Jend-ro a final grateful nod.

He meandered back down the slope. Serya hadn't gone far. Enough to put herself out of sight.

"Serya?" he asked quietly. He found a tuft of grass he could sit down on and waited to see if she would even talk to him now.

Leea remained still for some time, it seemed the Force remained still and the meditator felt as if she were alone. The slow ripples of Force gently ran or her and the Mirialan at first tried to focus them to her purposes. However, that soon passed as she recalled the Force was not something that always followed the intentions of people. It was a tool, yes, but it was so much more as well. Sometimes, letting the Force lead is the best way forward. She reminded herself.

It took a while yet before she felt anything, during this time she could hear the world around her. Talohn had busied himself with some conversation with Madlad, but the words themselves seemed distant and vague. Leea allowed her senses to continue to dwell on the world, knowing the Force would guide her as it willed. If it has a will. Some things were harder to swallow for the trainee. Yet as she listened, the sounds of the distant waves crashing on the rocky walls of the island rose to her, faint but rhythmic, Leea wondered if that had been what she felt before. It was all so much of a mystery to her, she was often surprised that she succeeded in tasks involving it without greater difficulty. The whistle of the wind through the rocks and crags arose next, a simple, persistent noise that reminded her of Makeb, of the nights she had spent with the windows open just to hear the sounds of the night and nature. Simpler times, those had been.

A fluttering noise caught her attention and Leea focused on its source, there was a scrabbling of clawed feet on stone and the rustle of a small body in a nest. Porg? Those native creatures had struck her as almost too comedic to have survived, but she had realized that they probably could have survived only on a planet like this, where there were relatively few native predators. Her mind returned to the present, but it felt different, almost unsettling. She realized belatedly the sounds had ceased and there was nothing but dead silence. Even Talohn's chipper voice had disappeared. Unnerved, the Mirialan yet refused to open her eyes, to break her concentration on the Force.

It came slowly, but a whisper in the far reaches of her mind, slowly building until a whispering voice, ethereal and unintelligible, sounded near her. As if someone stood right behind her, speaking into her head, the voice rose in pitch and decibel until it became like a star engine. More sounds joined in, laugher, chatter, and screeching all mixed into a single cacophony. Leea felt as if her mind was melting in the chaos, and yet a single voice soon floated above the rest. A calm soothing voice, reciting something in a language she neither recognized nor understood. It seemed to slow the others and Leea felt relief but there was something else. The words continued, repeating as if it were a chant. Characters began to appear before her eyes, these she did recognize, at least in part. They were akin to something she had seen on the ship, writing on a datapad somewhere.

At this, the Mirialan snapped out of her stupor, perplexed. How could something that was made before we arrived, point in the direction of something on us? What could it mean? Why does it not lead on somewhere mysterious on the island? Isn't that how the Force works when it comes to this sort of thing?

Leea started when her eyes focused and realized Talohn was relaxing right nearby. Mastering her surprise, she smiled gratefully, only noticing as she reached for and accepted the food and drink offered how much her limbs were shaking. "How long was I under? It felt like... well it felt like a long time." Uncrossing her legs, the Mirialan stiffly pushed herself away from the circle, contemplating it a moment before turning her attention to the nourishment.

"That Nerf Stroganoff was pretty good, I think it could have used a bit more of that Corellian Spice." But no matter what, it definitely beat the fare we have on Corellia, that stuff was nasty. She felt strangely lacking in appetite though and she only nibbled at the bar slowly as the letters rolled around in her head. She realized she should ask, perhaps the Cathar knew more about this than she had anticipated. "I saw something while meditating. It looked like letters or something similar to letters, maybe runes. They look a lot like something I've seen on the ship." Remembering the largest source of runes and sigils on the ship, Leea quickly relayed, "Not Madlad's stuff, it's more like... um... writing, a datapad I think. Maybe it was one of yours." While gnawing on a chunk of the bar she had broken off, Leea began to scribble in the damp earth. The symbols she drew were strange to her, but perhaps Talohn might recognize it.

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar

"It was quite a bit, indeed." Talohn states in regards to how long she was out. The cathar removes his helmet, setting it aside to take a long drink of his own water before hooking the canteen back onto his tool belt. "Make sure to drink plenty of that water, you were sweating a waterfall. Beginning to wonder if meditation is the proper way for you to learn this stuff." Talohn had learned very differently, but he was also self taught.

He can't help but chuckle a little about her critique of the food. "Corellian spice? I suppose. I think Alderaanian garlic would have actually been better. But to each their own." Then he takes on a more serious expression as she moves on to the runes. He crouches down in front of her, lowering his voice to a whisper as he puts a hand on her shoulder. His eyes are wide as they dart about, making sure there's no onlookers nearby. "I know you're not knowledgeable about this stuff, Leea. But...don't mention Madlad's writings here. We aren't in the best company for that kind of literature..."

The cathar goes silent as she begins carving the runes into the ground, pursing his lips slightly. Yea, he knew these. He didn't know what they said, however. "Ah, those? Ancient jedi writings. I recognize them, no idea what they say though. I can give them a scan though, I made a language translation program for myself a while back. I'll wager that it'll pull up something at least." He takes out his own datapad, which has a little camera on it. Small lasers shine from the camera, scanning the carved dirt before a loading screen appears on the datapad.

That was odd though...the way Talohn acted. What exactly was that droid writing?

Leea Pandac Leea Pandac

Grasping the bottle with a trembling hand, Leea attempted to drink, but seemed to have accomplished little more than watering the ground beneath her. Managing a breath in between swigs, she breathed, "Th-thanks." She agreed slowly after her panting subsided, "This may not be the best way, but it is what I know." She shrugged, gazing past Talohn for a moment, contemplating her situation, "I need to control this... I've got to..." She had learned something while away, a short vacation had been more instructive than she could possibly have predicted. Now Leea carried the weight of such knowledge and remained quietly burdened with a fate she had once believed impossible. The tendril of thought passed over her, Perhaps Talohn knows what he is talking about... Leea realized she had never asked the mercenary if he had training in the Force, for some reason that just seemed so strange a concept. Talohn? A Forcie? Bit of a stretch even for Leea's imagination. And yet...

Her eyes snapping back into focus, Leea's gaze turned back to Talohn as she continued with a weary, but content smile. The first step was done, so she hoped anyways. As the Cathar spoke in a hushed, yet quite earnest tone, the Mirialan felt her curiosity return despite being tired. It seemed Talohn was always prepared for anything and Leea momentarily wondered if she had made a mistake in coming. These trials, surely they are intended to rely on my abilities... Maybe I should have stayed on Qi-Ko, at least there I had someone with more understanding and the ability to contain these powers. A thought flashed into her head, but before she could catch it, the fleeting precept disappeared and she was left with a faint concern. Talohn? What about him?

Leea watched intently as the datapad displayed figures and estimates. A countdown to revelation. Yet her mind returned to her employer's comment about Madlad. She asked quietly, her curiosity besting her better judgement "What is wrong with Madlad's writing? Sure it's a little erratic, not to mention disturbing how he carves it into the walls, but I'm sure Jedi don't judge based on handwriting."

Talohn Atar Talohn Atar Light Rises

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom