Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final Call - Land Campaign

Which Type Would You Like to Play?

• Total voters
[member="Fatty"]
Version one has genetic 'units' which represent everything and nothing. They're all the same.

[member="Ashe the Reaper"]
Since this is a larger scale strategy rather than an actual battle simulator such things have to be abstracted. Considering I'm one person cobbling this together in less than a day I will make sure this WORKS fist before going into more detail.

For whichever version does not win the vote I will do that version AFTER this one. :)

Nyxie

【夢狐】
No. You're getting me all wrong, guys. I don't care about the finer details. I want to know what we're getting. Is it a set number of tanks, a set number of walkers, a set number of heavies, etc?

Because those are not micro-details. Those are really, really important details.

Numbers ARE strategy.

@Verrin Ris'To
Thank you, this is exactly what I mean.

It's not that I don't want to do things more realistically, more complex, but I have to explain this to everyone, and do the manual calculations when needed since I don't have a computer program to do it for me.

[member="Ashe the Reaper"] If you looked at the previous thread, there was a listing for Infantry, Walkers, Armor, Bombers, Artillery, Interceptors and the like which had different effectiveness depending on environment. Is that what you mean? They all had differing costs and we had a 1000 pts to play with.

[member="Ashe the Reaper"]
Oh, well, a 'unit' of tanks will be worth the same as any other. The actual number of tanks isn't mentioned, and I guess isn't really that important.
Think of them as companies of tanks or infantry but don't worry too much about how much a company actually is.

And yeah, follow Fatty's lead, check out the previous thread for my ideas there. That's a basic view of version 2.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Fatty said:
[member="Ashe the Reaper"] If you looked at the previous thread, there was a listing for Infantry, Walkers, Armor, Bombers, Artillery, Interceptors and the like which had different effectiveness depending on environment. Is that what you mean? They all had differing costs and we had a 1000 pts to play with.
Yes! That is exactly what I needed to know! Thank you! *hugs*
Gotta link?

And yes, [member="Tamara"], I actually meant how many "units" (squads/groups) and what not but that seems to have been answered so thank you guys.

[member="Tamara"] I know how you feel. I had an entire notebook full of unit calculations, income, expenses, building list, soldiers of note, weapons, formations, quantified 'traits' to reflect how well a situation would turn out based on their characters, etc that I had to thumb through nearly everyday. Took me like 2-4 hours to calculate and write out everything that happens. Then another hour or so to argue with a few people who disagreed with me.

It was really fun but really, really stressful.

[member="sabrina"]
Version 2.

Of course this has all been adapted to a forum which means that there won't be any 'turns' (one thing I've learned) so taking provinces or fighting battles will count as your 'turns' individually.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Strask Ak'lya said:
[member="Christian Slade"] Absolvment of any crimes in CIS space, and five favors from the Spynet. That seem good to you?
Getting warmer, but I'm not so sure that I've committed any crimes against the Spynet. How about future immunity given the crime isn't TOO severe?

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Verrin Ris'To said:
[member="Christian Slade"] My undying friendship and comradery? :D

EDIT: Or... maybe... the senator fighting for the republic could have any and all crimes against the republic go poof? Clean slate.
Tempting, but no one's been able to take me down yet so I'll need something a little more... lucrative.

[member="Christian Slade"] I am a padawan... I am not exactly rolling in the credits. I would have to pull in [member="[FONT=Tahoma][URL="http://starwarsrp.net/user/1381-vaudin-miir/"]Vaudin Miir[/URL]"] [/FONT]to see what we could offer you besides my undying gratitude.

Also, I am not going to lie, running into you on the battlefield would be fun as it would add a lot of inner turmoil for Verrin.

Christian Slade said:
Getting warmer, but I'm not so sure that I've committed any crimes against the Spynet. How about future immunity given the crime isn't TOO severe?
I was talking the Confederacy. I'm a Viceroy, it's in my power to do. And I'd be willing to add that as well, if you'd like.

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
Verrin Ris'To said:
EDIT: Or... maybe... the senator fighting for the republic could have any and all crimes against the republic go poof? Clean slate.
That could be discussed after filling the proper forms in triplicate, a two month waiting period followed by a series of interviews, and open ended deliberation in committees for non disclosed period of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom