Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fill of Himself

Fill of Himself

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

There was a moment of realization as he felt himself lift off. Perhaps, just perhaps, he had bitten off more than he could chew. Maybe. Fill felt himself sailing through the air, and collide with a table, his body exploding in a flash of pain, as he proceeded to slide over the side of it, spilling drinks, and causing a hell of an uproar, as the table followed him to the floor. He somehow knew the Houk who had just thrown him halfway across the bar was en-route to continue this fight. Something that made the dazed former smuggler a bit more determine to shake off what was bogging him down.

He let out a muffled groan, ignoring the wet streak he felt down his face. and forced his eyes open. His vision was blurred, but he could at least see what was coming at him now. While Fill could throw hands, he was only human, and Houk's were far stronger than humans were supposed to be. The ugly bulbous head of his attacker was start to become clearer, and he was already half way to his feet when his hand felt a bottle brush against his fingers. Smirking, Fill took it, and finished his steady rising, just as a large muscle bound hand seized him and raised him up, another meaty fist slammed into his left jaw, and again the world went all fuzzy. He held onto that bottle through in a death grip, though the blow made his limbs feel like rubber for a moment. "Come on funny man, what were you saying about my mother? Finish your joke, or I'll bleed it out of ya!" Fill felt strength trickling into his fingers, and managed to slowly raise the bottle upwards. He manged to give a reply, wincing and in pain through it all, but he did manage it. "Listen, all I said...is you had a face a mother couldn't love..." Finishing his comment, he slammed the bottle against the man's head, and to Fill's horror, caught a hink of a spark, before fire exploded across the aliens face. Being dropped hard as his attacker screamed out in pain, and the horror of the patrons over took the mild concern for the pairs skirmish, a very dazed Fill took off from the cantina, and caught a shock baton to the throat from Sector Security.

He got a small 'oof' out before dropping down in a heap, and would finally come to a few hours later in a security cell, feeling none too great about his prospects. It took exactly ten seconds for him to realize his 'Blaster Pistol' was missing, and as he took to sitting on the floor of his cell, Sector Security was reaching out for Jedi to investigate the possibility that one of their number had been involved in a rather violent scuffle.

Though that didn't help the slightly intoxicated Fill one bit.

johannes-holm-00.jpg

Denon
div-orange.png
Outfit: Operative Suit
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Blasters | Lightsaber (concealed)
Tag: Fillion Orville Fillion Orville

Denon.

A planet with more problems than any one person could keep track of, and a planet Valery had far too much history with. From spending most of her pregnancy there, hidden away in the apartment of close friends, to having to stop her Padawan from going down the path of a Vigilante — her memories with the planet weren't the greatest. Nowadays, the war kept her focused on the frontlines, so she rarely returned to the planet, but when a call came in about a Jedi in custody there, she was forced to go.

To keep her identity somewhat revealed while she investigated the situation, Valery suited up and kept her lightsaber concealed within her jacket. Where she was going, it was likely not necessary but if she had to travel to the cantina where it all supposedly happened or other places, it would be for the best that she kept her Jedi identity concealed.

She was, after all, easily recognized within GA space especially.

"Mr. Orville, is it?" Valery asked after entering the building and stepping in front of his cell. He looked like he had been to hell and back and apparently hadn't received medical attention yet either. Something she made mental note of, so it could be handled sooner rather than later. "I'm Master Noble, of the New Jedi Order."

"I'd like to know what happened,"
She said, her tone serious and professional, but her expression suddenly softened a little. "And are you alright? I can get someone in here to take a look at those injuries." Especially the blows he took to the head were potentially risky.

Fill of Himself

Trenchcoat

It hadn't occurred to Fill that the reason he couldn't feel his face wasn't from the drinking, but perhaps the fact it was rather swollen from the several punches he had earned this night. Back against the wall, he heard the sound of a door hissing open, though it didn't occur to him that someone would be coming for him; least not this soon. Of course, when he heard his name, he snapped his head up and laid eyes on a woman that could have put his former master to shame in her beauty. Eyes widened, he nearly missed the part where she introduced herself as a jedi, which sorta ruined the moment for him, as a flicker of concern arose in the back of his mind.

Wincing, he managed to his feet, nodding slowly, trying to think back to his story, and not be fixated on the woman as he set his eyes upon her, and once more the words just failed him. "Should have seen the other guy." He started, rubbing his jaw, and wincing as the pain registered to him. Ah, right, well so much for that approach. Why did all the pretty ones have to be jedi? They were always jedi. "If you'd shown up a few hours ago might not have gotten into a scrap." He laughed to himself, before clearing his throat. "Right, well, just bit of joking around, guy took offense and started throwing hands on me though-" He paused, looking Master Noble in the eyes for a long moment, searching for perhaps that humanity he had managed to find in a select few jedi. Seriously, why does the universe torment me like this? He thought, after having Zemira Zemira , Sakadi Marathi Sinvala Sakadi Marathi Sinvala , and now Miss Noble one after another must have been the worst string of luck of all time. Talking to pretty women was one thing, but actually having them talk back was so much better.

He entirely lost his train of thought, as he pulled himself out of the gutter of his mind, and snapped back into his story. "Anyways, I grabbed a bottle and struck him before he could put a hole in my head, and he just...sorta caught on fire. Eye implant sparked it or something maybe? Anyways, woke up here right after." He sighed, rubbing at his neck, and was very pleased to find that didn't hurt. He wasn't about to drop his past jedi history, least not willingly, but he figured if she really was a master she knew, and it was likely the security folks knew it too. Else he'd probably be getting read his charges.

He really didn't want to go back to jail.

Last edited:

johannes-holm-00.jpg

Denon
div-orange.png
Weapons:

Valery didn't laugh at the joke, but the corners of her lips tugged up into a faint smile she couldn't quite suppress. She had seen the security footage and knew that he was acting in self-defense. Sure, he likely provoked the guy he fought but that was still no legal reason to assault someone. So even though Fillion might be quite the troublemaker, this wouldn't be the worst situation for him.

Of course, she did ask the question to test his honesty.

"It's not often I find former Jedi behind bars like this, but from what I gathered, you acted in self-defense," she said, thereby revealing that she knew of his Jedi history. When she was alerted of what happened here, it hadn't taken her long to find old records within the Council Chambers. "Although, you might want to be careful provoking the wrong types. He could have killed you."

She then let out a soft sigh and tapped a button on the panel to the side of his cell. The door opened, and Valery stepped aside, "There is no reason to keep you here any longer, but I will bring you to the nearby medbay to get you looked at." Listening to this request was the least he could do now that she set him free.

"What do you say?"

Fill of Himself

Trenchcoat

Well she didn’t sigh or roll her eyes at him, so already she was better than Zemira and Sakadi on that front. Of course, that didn’t make it any better when she dropped the mention about his past as a Jedi. His smile faded, managing to actually stop looking at Valery. “Well, I’m not exactly an outstanding Jedi you’ll understand. Sorta just stumbled into it, about….fifteen years ago.” He muttered to himself. Giving a small shrug of his shoulders. He really felt lost frankly. It was a pretty dumb thing to do, but then again what really was he losing out on? “I mean, he could have certainly. Would have been my own fault, Will of the force and all that, no?”

He still wasn’t sure what he wanted to do after the whole Bryn thing effectively killed any future ideas he had at time. To his surprise, Master Noble was opening his cell, and he gave her a startled expression as she did so. Was she seriously letting him out? “Right, I….sure. I don’t know where that is but you lead, I’ll follow.” He nodded, eyes remaining on her, and giving a glance to see what else she might have had on her. He had to assume she was armed, what Jedi wouldn’t be, but if he was in the clear he really had nothing else planned. Not to mention his face was really hurting now.

johannes-holm-00.jpg

Denon
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"Just sounds like you need a bit of guidance. The right kind," Valery said with a shrug of her shoulders. All Jedi were different and thus required different approaches when it came to training or gathering experience. But with the lack of experienced Jedi out there to teach and guide them, too many fall between the cracks and end up getting nearly killed over jokes in some Denon cantina.

"I don't think the will of the Force is that you die over a joke, but out here on Denon, it wouldn't have been too surprising." She chuckled softly and watched him step out of the cell, clearly surprised but she didn't really understand why. Aside from provoking, he hadn't actually done anything illegal. The hit with the bottle had set the dude's face on fire, but it was unintentional and a defensive reaction.

"Come on, I'll show you the way." As she turned and he looked at her gear, he'd see the pistols strapped to her hips, as well as the overly fancy suit she was wearing. Not traditional Jedi gear, and not something Valery would normally wear either, despite the fact that she never was too traditional with her choice of attire.

Stepping into the infirmary, Valery looked around and dipped her head to the nurse, "He took some head injuries, and maybe he's bruised up too." She glanced at Fillion's shirt with a tilt of her head. "This won't take long, so just cooperate and we'll be out of here shortly."

Valery then crossed her arms in front of her chest and leaned back while she waited and watched. She couldn't exactly leave him just yet, in case he'd try to run.

Fill of Himself

Trenchcoat

He managed a smile. “Last bit of guidance I got nearly got me killed, so forgive me if I’m not the best advice taker, Misses Noble.” That much was true, he sorta sucked at taking advice. Regardless he tried to keep his tone respectful. He really did, honestly.

“I’m my defense, at the time, it was pretty funny.” She was right though, pretty dumb to get killed over a joke. That was entirely on him. “Though that was perhaps the roughest crowd I’ve worked, least that I can remember.” He pondered that, and realized that no, he nearly got stabbed to death that one time with Sakadi. Maybe second roughest crowd he had been in. Still, not too bad given his track record. He caught sight of her blasters she had strapped onto her, and have an appreciative nod. “I’d like to be the first to say how pretty you are, my guess if you’ve heard that several times already today.” He snickered as he stepped past her, allowing her to take the lead as he was freed from his cell, pondering in the back of his kind of what he was going to do.

Least one of these days some Jedi master would finally swoon over him, least he could take pride in that; no way in hell he’d ever make master, hell he didn’t even deserve padawan in his own mind.

Regardless, he walked with her, eyes firmly fixated on the Master, and pondering where to go from here. Entering into the med bay, he gave a muffled grunt as he was moved towards a scanner, and given several brief scans by the nurse in charge. “I’m a big boy, not scared of no needles, be over in a minute.” He muttered, before several alarms went off from the device, much to Fill’s stupor.

The nurse paused, titling her head at the read out and motioning to Fill. “You have minor bruising in the head region, but it’s saying there’s left over metal fragments in your upper chest cavity. I’ll need to inspect it before we continue.” Fill’s face dropped, as he saw the nurse motion towards his shirt, and with reluctance removed both his coat and long sleeved shirt. “Yea, old war wound, no big deal.” He shook his head, revealing a very obvious and worn Black Sun tattoo on his right shoulder, and a rather wicked looking scar across the left side of his chest that seemed to spider across the upper portion of his left shoulder and nearly up to his collarbone.

He wasn’t ashamed or anything, he considered himself a rather fit guy, but the wound was a story he really didn’t want to go down on. It took the nurse several checks to find there was really nothing to do. Outside a mere suggestion of surgery that Fill immediately shut down, all that could be done for him now was applying Bacts to his head wound and a small seductive to reduce the swelling. Fill rather eagerly was moving to redress, hoping to avoid a conversation about the decals that were visible at current.

johannes-holm-00.jpg

Denon
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"Not all guidance is good guidance," Valery said with a nod. She didn't seem surprised at all about his statement that accepting advice nearly got him killed. Whether it was because of how poorly he followed it, or because the advice itself had been terrible didn't even really matter. Both were likely enough, as far as she was concerned.

"I'd like to be the first to say how pretty you are, my guess if you've heard that several times already today.

Valery blinked, briefly slowed down, and shook her head with a slight smirk, "I can see why you got yourself nearly beaten to death in a bar. Always so direct?" she asked, her tone a little serious but there was a sparkle in her eye when she smirked. It was always fun to joke around a little bit.

Shrugging off the comment, for now, she directed him into the medbay and allowed the nurse to take over the rest. He was scanned and luckily, there was no overly serious head trauma. But instead, there seemed to be something lingering in the chest region, which surprised Valery a little.

His shirt came off and rather than the metal fragments, his tattoos stood out to her — black sun. She knew he likely hadn't considered himself a Jedi for a while, but that was quite a big step in a different direction. Had he really fallen away from his path so far?

"Those are... quite the tattoos," Valery finally said when he put on his shirt again, not afraid to get a little confrontational.

Fill of Himself

Trenchcoat

She was right about that not all advice was good advice, but being called out in his compliment sunk his sails. “Honestly, depends on who I’m talking to. Figured I might as well state the obvious, but it does cause issues.” He shrugged, marking that off as another sailed ship in his log. Oh well, least she didn’t kick him. Or push him down stairs. Now that he thought about it was it Zemira that had done that or someone else.

What he hadn’t inspected as he secured his shirt and redressed, not enjoying the scent of Bacta on his face, was the comment on his tattoos. Least she didn’t ask about the scar. “Yea, I grew up on Kessel. Was in the Suns as a young guy, it’s how I ended up with the Jedi. Was a pretty bad dude, big spice trafficker. Was supposed to be in prison for life but, Jedi offered me a deal. Basically joined the order as penance. Then I sorta died so, off I went. Here I am.” He said matter of fact let, buttoning his shirt, tucking on his coat. Figured that was that for his day. “So, guess I’ll see you around?” He asked, trying to ponder how he’d get his saber back.

johannes-holm-00.jpg

Denon
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"It can with the wrong people but... thanks." She flashed a brief but kind smile before she gestured for him to follow her out of the medical bay. The nurse waved them goodbye and returned to work, while Valery guided him out of the building and back into the streets of Denon. Out here, the city wasn't all too bad, as they were far away from the dangerous cantinas, alleyways, and gang territories.

But there was still an aura about it that made her feel uneasy.

Looking back at Fillion, Valery listened to some of his life histories and offered an understanding nod, "Ah I see, I'm sorry to hear things have been so rough. But... that offer the Jedi made still stands, you know? I can take you back to the Temple or help you along. It's your choice, though, and I don't blame you if you want a different life after..." she looked at him with surprise, "Dying?"

She shook her head a little. "So this can be a goodbye but if you want, it doesn't have to be."

Fill of Himself

Trenchcoat

He had thought he was in the clear now after having been checked out, and as he left with Val, mind still processing what was to come he was idly listening to her words. She was trying to give him the offer to rejoin the order, something that took a great deal of will power not to look at her cockeyed. She seemed a bit more willing to listen, not as down in the mud as other jedi, but still…that was something he wasn’t sure he could cross over with. “Being honest, I never fit or sat well with you and the jedi people. Honestly felt like sooner or later I was going to cross someone and that’d be it, out of the order and into a cell. Much as parting would be the last thing I’d like to do, I’m not sure what else you can offer me. I mean, the temple and training and doctrine would just get me back to where I was prior, and no doubt I’d just get sent back to another master who thinks either berating me, throwing me down stairs, or leaving me to die in space are ‘good for me’.” He tried to suppress it, but a small hint of anger slipped into his last grouping of words, but he let out a breath and allowed it to pass. “I don’t feel like I can just go back and act like I didn’t just lose half of my life.” He stowed his hands into his pocket, and simply looked at her, as if she’d be able to somehow under his feelings and give him some ground breaking anwser.

Coruscant_Underground.png

Denon
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"I don't know your whole story, but to me, it sounds like you had a horrible Master, and it gave you the wrong perspective on who you could be," Valery said with a slight frown after listening to him. Berating Padawans, Physically harming them, leaving them behind... all of it was so, so wrong, and Valery did nothing to hide what she felt about it. She knew what it was like to have had an amazing Master, who mentored her through good and bad times.

Her own Padawans were all close to her and loved training with her. It's how it should be.

"You can go back if you want to use your gift to do what the Jedi are supposed to do. Help people, protect this Alliance where we try to live in peace. It's never too late, not even after what happened," she tried to assure him. "But I will not force you, and all I can offer you is a second opportunity, hopefully with someone who will guide you the right way."

She let out a soft sigh and turned her eyes down the street, towards some cantinas and other clubs. "You have to ask yourself a question — what do you want in life? Is this what you had in mind for the last half of it? Or do you want to try and make something out of the time you have left?" she asked.

"That doesn't have to be with the Jedi, but wherever you believe you belong."

Fill of Himself

Trenchcoat

He braced for a lecture about responsibility, and how he was being a coward by not confront his destiny, yada yada yada, but to his surprise Valery wasn’t doing that. Did she just admit that the Jedi Order made a mistake? What branch of the Jedi tree did she get clipped from? It made him wonder.

Still, he listened to what she said, and nodded along solemnly. He wanted to help people, but how to do it he wasn’t sure how. He frankly hadn’t a clue. He wasn’t very good at that from what his past experiences told him. “Do we really live in peace though? With the Maw, and Imperials, and Mandalorians….” He started but didn’t finish, waiting for Master Noble to keep going, his hand sinking into the empty holster of his coat.

He watched her turn away, facing the alley they had walked past moments ago. It was true, he didn’t know what to do in his life. Being asked where he thought he belonged, he frankly didn’t know where to go. “I don’t really know where I belong. I’ve tried to find it out, and nothing ever panned out. I’m guessing you might know something about that? You’re different from the other Jedi they sent to throw rocks at my head.” He said quietly looking to Val’s back, eager to see what she had to say.

Denon
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Tag: Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn

"The Mandalorians are our allies, and it's because of the Jedi, our soldiers, and many others committed to protecting the Alliance that we still stand here today. There might not be peace, but without those fighting in the war, there would be nothing left at all," she said, referring to the destructive desires of the Maw — a desire to burn everything down so it could rise again the way they saw fit.

Valery then turned a question to him that seemed to spark deeper thought, but he also turned it back on her, and she just faintly smiled, "I'm technically not from this time. I was born a long time ago but ended up here through stasis. So I know the feeling, but for a very different reason," she explained. "It took me a while to find my way here, but focusing on it and being willing and ready to make that decision helped me in the end."

"Well, and having the right people around me."

Fill of Himself

He hadn't expected her story to align with his own. Both of them had been in stasis, though he had a feeling she had him beat by many years; perhaps a gut feeling on his part. "Right, sacrifice and all's fair in love and warfare." He didn't like the idea of common people having to die in masse to stop such a destructive force, but she was right, there wouldn't be much left. Still, he listened, which is far more than he could have said for the jedi of the past.

He didn't have the right people around him, almost assuredly. He couldn't name a single person that he felt had his back, Zemira almost did, but she didn't really get him, not really. "I went off to help people, the whole Bryn thing, I got left in space, ship took a hit, tumbled and was going to die out there when life support went off. No one even tried to find me. Some junkers got lucky, found me, learned I was listed as KIA, no one even bothered to try and find me. Not exactly an uplifting note, right?" He mused, shaking his head, before settling his gaze back on Valery. "You really want me to give this another go?" He asked, genuine this time, figuring that if nothing else, there was a reason for this woman to be here with him right now. Might as well roll the dice on that.

Denon
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"Not exactly an uplifting note, right?"

"It was a mistake," Valery confirmed again with a dip of her head. In war, people went missing all the time but she always felt that within the Jedi, something was done to actually confirm whether or not one had fallen. Force Bonds allowed Masters to feel the passing of their students and vice versa, and even close friends within the Jedi had ways to find out.

But nobody came for him.

"This isn't about what I want you to do, but what you want," Valery then answered with a soft smile. "I believe that if you're surrounded by the right Jedi, you can make a difference and grow into a fine one yourself. But it's still a decision that comes with great commitment to that path, so it's up to you to decide if it's something you want."

"If the past is what's holding you back, then I do believe you should try to let go of it. But there are other reasons that might make you want to decide against becoming one."

Fill of Himself

A mistake? That was one thing to call it. He had to agree with her on that though. It most certainly wasn’t cool. Though what she said next left him as stuck as ever. “Yea, and I haven’t a clue for what I want. I never have.” He muttered, feeling rather foolish that after all this time this was the case. But alas, nothing he could do. “I don’t like pretending that I know better when I don’t, I don’t feel like the force guides us, and I don’t feel like the force put me in this position because it’s right for me. I’m here because I’m here, I got here, and I exist here. I have control of my life, not the force. Least, that’s how I feel about it.” He gave a shrug, hands back in his pockets. “What do you suggest?”

It didn’t hurt to ask.

Denon
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"It's not easy to figure it out," Valery admitted with a nod, "I was brought to the Jedi practically before I could walk, so it's all I ever knew. But to have a choice like this when you're much older... I can see why it's difficult." Especially in his position, it probably felt like taking risks to some extent. The fear of the same thing happening again could be there, and there was also the chance the Jedi life just wasn't for him.

But it could take years to truly figure that out.

"Well, you once became a Jedi because you believed in it, right? Perhaps it's worth giving another try, but without the terrible guidance you suffered from before." She then paused for a moment and looked down the street of Cantinas and clubs again with a soft smile.

"Just... sleep on it first, okay? A few days to think about things like this doesn't hurt."

Fill of Himself

She was certainly more understanding than most masters he had dealt with. "I mean, honestly, no? But...I don't know, I want to help people. That much, well, it's nice to try and help people. When it works." He kicked the air, pondering on his plight. He honestly thought Val was going to drag him back to a temple and lock him in one of the 'meditation rooms' until the 'Force spoke to him'. Least, that's what the first month of his time as a padawan had been. Now that he thought about it, that was pretty messed up. But no, Val merely told him to sleep on it, which caused another wrinkle to this whole affair. "Erm, right. Have to find a place to sleep, sorta just....landed today, hadn't worked out sleeping arrangements. Probably should try and do that." He seemed to be in agreement with himself, but the questions began to pile on after that. What was he going to do for credits, where was he going after this, and what good would come from crawling back to the jedi order again? He didn't really have the answers right now, but, thankfully he didn't exactly need to at this moment.

Denon
div-orange.png
Weapons:

"Wanting to help people is a good start, but you don't have to be a Jedi for that," Valery said, not because she didn't want him to be a Jedi, but because she wanted to make sure he was making the right decision for himself. "This is one of those steps in life that nobody else can take for you - it's a commitment and something that will change everything."

She paused for a moment and offered a soft smile. "Which is why I want you to think on it without me influencing you, or well... anything influencing you." Valery wasn't going to make this decision for him, but she felt like she had offered useful advice and the rest would be up to him. If he had questions or wanted more advice, she'd be more than willing to help, but that's all she could do. Or well, there was one other thing, it seemed.

"There are quite a few places around here where you can get a room for the night. If you don't have the credits for it, I can cover it. If you prefer to get off-world, I can help with that as well. Whatever you need to figure all of this out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom