Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fighting Against Darksiders Experience

Why not?

It could be fun. I'm down to learn!

No master as of yet, so this shouldn't be an issue.

[member=Connor Harrison] [member=Romeo Sin]

This is where it stars. Isolation...then exile...then hunted!

I'm still Light. I just feel Light AND Dark can be used for the one big greater good. More as a result of emotional and physical terror rather than a strict love for the Dark Side.

Consider me the Batman of the Silver Jedi. Good at heart, but has to break some bones and destroy some property and break rules to get the bad guys.

giphy.gif

OOC though I'd never want to detract from the Silver Jedi Faction at heart I came from or that has been built up.

In the Darkness there is Truth
[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Coci Heavenshield said:
OOCly I am fine with this, and all the RP that can come of it. ICly hates it. But both ICly and OOCly I don't want to see this faction forget the there are primarily lightsiders here and it is a lightside faction. The merger saw the introduction of darksiders which is great and good for us, but not at the expense of what we are as SJO. If you DJ want a section in forums to do your thing, like a Temple we have plenty of places in SSC territory that could be used. Even build on Voss if you wish, but I think it would need to be something separate from the Silver Temple which is used by the Jedi. Just a though to help out.

Well, Sio got let in before the merger. I expected her joining to cause...more issues. The religious tolerance surprised me a bit. People told me you're jihadists. :D

On a more serious level, I agree with Coci. Shocking, I know. It's not just because I want more Coci in hot leather gifs. I don't think the presence of any darksiders in the faction has detracted from its identity. Same with [member="Connor Harrison"] deciding he can use Light and Dark. Slippery slope should be fun to explore.

But the faction's still primarily a Light Side one. Or light side/neutral at any rate. To use an extreme example, having a DJ be Grand Master one day would be...weird. For sake of transparency, two of my Forcers in this group are darksiders, Sio and obviously Sumiko.

Sio in a 'dark is not always evil' way, whilst Sumiko is a good deal more malevolent (though not in a unleash legions of doom to conquer worlds or kick puppies for the fun of it way, but still not nice, though she's in a Token Evil Teammate situation with SJO on Midvinter). If either of them commit crimes and get found out, I fully expect them to suffer consequences and would be upset if they didn't. Kaida is Lawful Neutral and Elpsis is Chaotic Neutral.

If DJ got a training section thingie or something like that, like a temple, I'd say putting it somewhere else than Voss - and it might be better to make it more neutral rather than explicitly and solely darkside. Either way, I expect it would be monitored by the Light Side Jedi and the same would probably apply to all darksiders in general. Presumably the Council has a file on all known ones.

Connor Harrison said:
OOC though I'd never want to detract from the Silver Jedi Faction at heart I came from or that has been built up.

I don't think Connor's new ideological beliefs or methods detract from the faction. My characters would think he's being...extremely melodramatic, but that's another question. After all, Sio started using the Dark Side for similar reasons.

Coci Heavenshield said:
Am I the only one that believes the lightside is equally as powerful as the darkside?

I think both are equal. Far as I'm concerned, every space magic power has a counter, even if sometimes it takes out-of-box thinking. It's my subjective impression that many Jedi seem to think they can't stand up to dark side voodoo.

So combine both powerful aspects of the Force together and you have one nice big Grey Force User to fight your side who can be expendable with nothing to lose. :)

And melodramatic? [member="Sumiko Tanaka"] - me? How DARE you.

*sweeps cowl away and storms off*

[member="Romeo Sin"]

Sorry, but if it would be learning to fight Dark-Jedi, I don't trust you! I would only get lessons from Connor cause...Shadow DUH! And Siobhan because...Don't you see that I am adorable?~ She would help anything adorable!

[member="Connor Harrison"][member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

I thoughts so too o.o gods I'm not talking about cutting paddys up lol never!!!

Having a training sect does seem to go too far though.

I was thinking along the lines of
"Hey kids, here's a darksider, beat em up"

Hey wait...if Connors batman...can I be robin????

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
I still think that you don't need to become your enemies to beat them. It's what they want.

You can still defeat your enemies, and still use the Light side to do that. There are a lot of examples for that :) Dark side uses you when you think that you are using it, it changes the way you think, way you act.

There are several exceptions for that though, one can maintain to keep who they are, for example the lovely [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"], I always saw her as using the lighter tone of the Dark, and it makes her even funner in my opinion.

hahah, Im not suggesting darkside training, I wouldnt train your students in it even if they asked. Im talking fighting against one who uses the darkside for those who may not have before, and those who wish to gain more experience in doing so.

That or I can just try a little fun duel with Lord Beard and all his Bearded side of the Force. ;)

Romeo Sin said:
O.O so many people against it. Wow. What did I do to earn distrust icly?/????
You did kinda lead an empire that wasnt the kindest of governments, then again i did fight for you. So there is that. *Whistles and just shuffles away*

Also here to help out and spread some anti falling to the darkside knowledge. Perhaps in conjunction with Mister Shadow Whelp. *Smiles at [member="Romeo Sin"]*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom