Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Festival of the Ancestors

At the mention of 'Eddie', Alicio conjured a small smile. "Cute," he whispered, under his breath

"Well, if you ever need help, I am excellent at naming things." Alicio laughed lightly, then fell silent once more. It was a bald-faced lie, of course. Whenever he christened a building in Sanctuary, he had to ask someone else for name ideas.

Valery scooped Vera up on her shoulders, headed for a food place, leaving Amani and Alicio alone for a moment. As she checked up on him, Alicio smiled half-heartedly at her, before returning his gaze to the Nobles.

"Um... Valery is just... a really good mother, is all." The Count's tone was measured, with layers of meaning curated underneath.

Seeing how happy they were together, a part of him worried about what kind of a father he would be. If he could make his children that happy, one day. His own father was distant, strict, and a little intimidating. As much as Alicio had loved him, the young Organa didn't want to be that to his kids. But, mostly...

"I... miss my parents." His smile was dusted by sadness.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Valery Noble Valery Noble -

Valery picked up on it as well, and the two of them shared an unspoken acknowledgement. She picked her daughter up to work in a distraction, and Amani offered a nod in gratitude. With that, her attention turned to Alicio in full, linking her hand with his as a show of support.

His initial response earned a gentle, if somewhat confused chuckle, "Yeah… yeah she is." There was more to it than that clearly, but what exactly she had yet to pick up on. It wasn't long before he made it plenty clear.

"I... miss my parents."

Amani offered him a sad smile, and rested against his shoulder as they walked, "I miss mine, too." Her upbringing had been sheltered, but her parents were always full of support and love. Watching them slowly pass, at such a young age no less, permanently changed the course of Amani's life. But this wasn't about her. She continued guiding them towards where Val and Vera were headed, letting a few moments of silence pass before she spoke again, of his own parents.

"...They'd be proud of you."

Val_Header.png

Outfit | Weapon | Appearance

ValSword.png

Val-Prof_1.png
Outfit | XoXo
Location | Pasaana
Tag | Amani Serys Amani Serys Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

"I'm an X-wing!" Vera called out as she spread both her arms and legs into attack position to mirror the 4 wings of an X-wing. Valery chuckled and began to move a little faster, and up and down to simulate her maneuvers. It got Vera to giggle and laugh, while she occasionally made "pew pew!" noises to blast the enemy tie-fighters.

Some people around them watched with raised eyebrows, but both Nobles were in their own little world. Or well, their own little space battle.

"That's the last of them. A true pilot!" Valery told her little girl. "Like you!" Vera grinned.

Valery just smiled and turned her eyes back to the couple for a moment, who were talking with a more somber aura lingering around them. She offered a comforting smile and gave them the time she needed. "What do you want to eat, sweetie?" She then asked after lowering Vera and placing her down where she could see the menu.

"Hmmm, this!" she pointed at a meal of fries with some other snacks and Valery nodded. "I'll take the same, and I'll cover for their meals too," she said while she gestured for Alicio and Amani.

ValSword.png

Alicio refocused on Amani as she leaned against his shoulder, hands interlocked, passing her a brief peck on the temple. He didn't say anything immediately, quietly introspective, letting the festivities pass around the pair of them as they dwelled in their own little world.

"...They'd be proud of you."

He cracked a smile, trying to imagine what they'd say, knowing their little surprise was a senator, now. He turned a loving gaze down at Amani. "Thank you... Chief." His own way of returning the favor. Her parents would be proud of the woman Amani became, too. Of that, Alicio had no doubt.

With that, Alicio sped up their pace, to rejoin Valery and Vera, just as the former was attempting to pay for them. "No, I'll pay," the Count said, unwaveringly. "We senators have far too high of a paycheck for our own good." Of course, Alicio donated most of his away, but he declined to mention that in the moment.

He glanced down at the menu, obviously noting the Endorian Chicken Salad. Maybe it would be better this time?

"Thank you... Chief."

Amani smiled warmly, and gave him a peck on the cheek in exchange, "Thank you, Senator." She hadn't actually given it much thought in some time, but she could only imagine her parents would be ecstatic to hear about her life up to this point. Becoming a jedi, a healer, the Chief Healer. Not to mention dating an Alderaanian Count and senator. She liked to think they would've gotten along. Even through imagination alone, her parents' adoration shone through, enough to make her eyes turn glassy.

Now everything felt just a little more right. Amani blinked away the water from her eyes and returned her thoughts to the present. They both caught the tail end of Valery's offer, and of course, Alicio had something to say about that himself. The mirialan rolled her eyes teasingly, "Here we go…" Both he and Val were quite insistent when it came to treating people close to them. Amani was the same really, but she knew better than to get into the middle of this dispute.

Her gaze focused on the Count in particular, following his line of sight to the salad, and simply shook her head at him. Amani did catch sight of a Felucian garden spread, though. The dish she had neglected in favor of noodle salad last time. Why not now?

"One of these, thanks." Afterwards, she would find a place for them to sit, making the executive decision in the event that Val and Alicio felt the need to debate payment a little longer.

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Pasaana

"We senators have far too high of a paycheck for our own good."

Valery's eyes narrowed at Alicio, clearly ready for battle, but before she could say anything, she heard Amani's "Here we go…" and shot her a signature death glare as well. Of course, she was only joking and dipped her head after a second, "Fine, I'll not be stubborn this one time," she said with a grin in Amani's direction.

Probably not the answer she expected, but she had to set a good example for Vera, right?

Both Alicio and Amani then went with something fairly healthy, while Valery and Vera went with complete junk food. This was a cheat day, and she wanted to enjoy it to its fullest with her little girl.

"So," Valery began after they got a seat, and Vera became totally lost in devouring her meal, "Do you two have any fun plans coming up? A nice vacation or just some time spent together?" Valery loved getting all the details, and her flaming eyes were not hiding that fact whatsoever

ValSword.png

"Fine, I'll not be stubborn this one time."

Finally. Sweet victory.

Alicio smiled at them, passing off a few credit chits for their food. He decided last minute, thanks to Amani's 'don't you dare' look, to switch to the Felucian garden spread as well.

They gathered around a table, Alicio regarding his food's bright colors with a vague curiosity. He pondered Valery's question, finding a smile after a moment of thought. "Well... It's difficult to find time, but we've been trying to plan a movie night for a while. Um... break open a bottle of... grape juice." The Count chanced a look at Vera, before sending a warm smile his girlfriend's way. "Beyond that..."

"Where would you want to go, Amani? Is there anywhere you'd like to see?"
Alicio twirled his food around on his fork. "We could find that cute little pond on Naboo."

Amani was pleasantly surprised by Valery’s restraint, which she was unable to help but tease, “Wooow, Val. I’m impressed. This is growth.” She then shot Alicio a look, indicating it was a lesson he would need to learn at some point, too.

With their food assembled, Amani couldn’t help but stare at Val’s and Vera’s for just a little longer, silently regretting that she went with the healthy alternative on a day like this. Alas, she began to dig in. It still wasn’t half bad, although she couldn’t help but imagine that a meal like this would be of higher quality had it come somewhere that wasn’t a festival pop-up stall.

Any attempts to tease Val were not without retaliation, however, and the Keshian’s eyes had that certain glint to them when she asked her question. Amani just blushed faintly, and let Alicio answer as she chewed on a leafy green. His little euphemism for wine earned a knowing raise of her eyebrows, both to him and Val, but as he turned the question to her, the mirialan returned to genuine thought.

Alicio made it a bit easier with his first suggestion, which she received well, “Now there’s an idea. If not there… maybe somewhere tropical?” Amani didn’t necessarily prefer it, but as a vacation destination, beachside vistas certainly held merit. Not that there wouldn't be chances for both. Probably. Her eyes lit up as she had another idea, “Oh! You know what we should do sometime? It’s a bit on the opposite end of that last idea, but-” She chuckled, “Maybe a trip to Mirial? I’d love a chance to visit it again.” Amani had only ever been to her ancestral home one other time before. She was eager to absorb even more of it.

Amani glanced over to Val next, with a look that mirrored her own, "What about you and Kahlil, hm? Anything fun on the agenda?"

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Pasaana

"Wooow, Val. I'm impressed. This is growth."

"I'll kill you," Valery grumbled playfully, as Amani decided to tease her about not being stubborn for once. Vera heard it and just grinned while she stuffed her face with fries and dug into her meal. As energetic as she was, food was a big distraction, allowing the adults to talk without her overhearing all that much.

"Movie nights are always fun," Valery said after swallowing a bite in response to Alicio, "But a proper vacation somewhere nice is always the best. Naboo is beautiful," Valery said with a dip of her head. She then looked at Amani, who proposed some ideas as well and smiled warmly.

She just loved seeing these two talk about their plans.

"I've never been to Mirial, but I've heard only good things about it. I'm sure you two will have a great time there," She grinned and briefly looked at Vera, "How's the food, sweetie?" she asked. "Good!" Vera called out right before stuffing her face again and offering a few fries to her new tooka cat friend.

"What about you and Kahlil, hm? Anything fun on the agenda?"

Valery grinned even wider now, "No vacations, but I promised to be home a little more. So just movie nights and you know, enjoying each other's company." Valery nodded but Vera suddenly seemed to be paying attention, "Blehhh," she said, knowing just how much her parents loved to cuddle on the couch.

Valery just snickered and leaned in to kiss her little star's forehead. "Love you too,"

ValSword.png

Alicio grinned sharply as the Jedi bantered. It hadn't been too long ago that Alicio was alone in the galaxy. Now, to be surrounded by such colorful characters as Amani and Valery... It was a blessing.

He nodded at Val's vacation assessment, but hid a private smile. Sure, large gestures and grand trips were fun, and Alicio loved being exposed to new cultures and ideas, but mostly, he simply enjoyed being with Amani, no matter where they were.

The Count found a bite of his garden spread as Amani considered destinations, and hummed appreciatively. Definitely much better than a chicken salad. "I would love to go to Mirial with you, Amani. Whenever we find the time," he interjected, after giving himself a moment to swallow his food. "Not exactly a tropical paradise, but I like the cold, anyways." There was nothing quite like the nip of chilly air on the nose.

Valery just snickered and leaned in to kiss her little star's forehead. "Love you too."

Alicio watched the Nobles interact with quiet admiration, hiding his saudade. "That sounds wonderful, Valery."

Under the table, he slowly brushed his fingers against Amani's hand, silently asking to hold it.

"I'll kill you,"

Amani waggled her finger, "No you won't. I'm too useful for that," Val was the one who crowned her Chief Healer, after all. Although since a few other healers had joined their ranks recently, maybe now wasn't the time to push her luck.

She nodded in agreement with Valery about Naboo. It was one of Amani's bucket list picks, which she had yet to visit. With Mirial, she was a little more familiar, "I've only been once, but I loved getting to submerge myself in the culture. Plus I… met my cousin there, so, all in all a pretty successful trip," She chuckled, reminiscing over the events as if she expected more long-lost family members to start crawling out of the woodwork on their second trip. Exceptionally unlikely, she knew, but really Amani was glad there were any at all.

Vera took just enough effort out of devouring her meal to express her disapproval in Kahlil and Valery's cuddle sessions. Amani smiled wide, still thriving off the snapshot of family life she'd been exposed to all day. A gentle, familiar sensation against her hand brought her out of her momentary trance and softened her smile, though it remained no less genuine. Amani linked her hand with Alicio's, and looked to him briefly before returning her attention to the table as a whole, "This has been really great. We need to find more time for these things."

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Pasaana

"Like the cold?" Valery visibly cringed at Alicio and shook her head a little. She grew up in a Jedi Temple built on a jungle world, so it was always warm. The Force can keep out the cold for her, but she still disliked it with the exception of Life Day and its whole atmosphere. Something she looked forward to each year, as it meant some quiet times with just Kahlil and Vera.

"No you won't. I'm too useful for that,"

Valery rolled her eyes with a smirk and let the conversation shift. She loved the banter with Amani but if she pushed that any further, she'd have to hold her hands over Vera's ears, and she was way too adorable eating her meal. There was just no way she could disrupt that for her little girl.

"It has been great, and I think Vera loved it too, hmm?" She looked at her daughter, who perked up after hearing her name. "Mhmm!" she hummed while she flailed around her new stuffed animal friend with a mouth stuffed with food. She swallowed and grinned at the two lovebirds, "Can I come again next time, pwease?" she asked with those big, pleading eyes.

Valery chuckled and wrapped an arm around Vera's shoulders to pull her close, "We'll have our Mom-daughter days more often, I'm sure, and if they want to join, they're always welcome." She looked at Amani and Alicio with an appreciative smile. It wasn't easy to entertain a child, so she was happy that they had been so accepting.

ValSword.png

"Like the cold?"

Valery's face was priceless.

Alicio had to stop himself from choking on his garden spread from laughing, covering his mouth with a stray hand as he finished up his bite. His riverstone eyes sparkled with amusement. "Yeah. The crispiness of the air, the way your breath billows in front of your face, just a nibble of frost on your nose..." Alicio took a deep breath in, imagining Alderaanian mountain air. "It's magical, Valery."

The Count felt a tingle in his heart as he discreetly twirled his fingers around Amani's. He wasn't alone. Not anymore. Now, he had her. He had a friend in Valery. And, yes, he had Vera's antics, too. Which he chuckled at, putting down his utensils. "Of course. I'd be happy to do this again, if you'd have us."

"And next time, your mother and I are so winning."
He sent the softest of challenging gazes at Vera, before smirking Amani's direction, an indescribable warmth flooding his chest.

He didn't need to look back. Not when there was so much to look forward to.

Amani smirked at their little disagreement over weather, "I lived in a valley near the mountains so, I guess I've got a bit of an appreciation for the cold. Mirial might just be a little too cold for me though. At least, the part where my family comes from." Not that there were many parts of the planet that were warm by usual standards. With a bit of warm layering, they'd get used to it. Just listening to Alicio pleasantly describe his enjoyment of the weather made it seem more appealing.

What everyone could agree on, though, was how today had gone. Everyone shared a similar sentiment, and Amani grinned ear to ear at Vera's insistence on her inclusion, "I'd love to get to play with you more sometime, Vera." She nodded to the others, "And yes, we'll have to find a date to set aside. Not exactly easy when talking about a Senator, the Sword of the Jedi, and the Chief Healer, but… we'll make it work." Amani laughed softly, and squeezed Alicio's hand a little tighter. Getting this set up around their schedules was hard enough. But she was hopeful for the future. Things were on the up and up, and she couldn't be happier to go through it with the people here in front of her.

"We'll see about that…" Amani smirked back at the Count, leaning in close enough to playfully bump their noses, before the sight of a transport approaching the outskirts of the festival caught in her periphery. "That's probably gonna be our ride. Don't wanna miss it," She shoved the last few bites of salad into her mouth, and stood up, dusting herself off, "It's been wonderful. Lovely to meet you, Vera, and great to get some time off as always, Val." Her gaze then turned to her boyfriend, "Ready to head out?"

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Pasaana

"It's magical, Valery."

"...sure..." she grumbled again and shook her head a little. As natural as it felt to take his side sometimes, he couldn't be more wrong now, as far as she was concerned. The only good thing about the cold was the things to warm up again, and the excuse she had to warm her feet against Kahlil. Vera loved the snow though, but only because it was another chance to be goofy and play around all day.

It was adorable.

"That all sounds great," she said with a nod to both Amani and Alicio, "We'll stay in contact, and next time..."

"And next time, your mother and I are so winning."

Valery grinned but Vera perked up, shook her head, and raised her voice just a little, "Nuh uh!" she exclaimed before giggling happily to him, and then to Amani, her new friend, and partner for games.

Looking up, Valery spotted the transport coming down as well and looked over at Amani and Alicio — it had been a long day, and she knew Vera was getting a bit more tired as well. She was, after all, fairly quiet all of a sudden. "Yeah, we'll get going too and get you some sleep on the ship, hm? Then when we're home, we can read a story," she said with a warm smile, which excited Vera. The young girl then held out her arms, and Valery lifted her up to keep her from having to walk back.

"Was nice to meet you twoo, Amani!" she called out while she waved. "Thanks again, you two, and safe trip back home. I'll call you soon," she told Amani with a smirk. They had a couple of things to discuss and more fun days out to plan.
ValSword.png

"We'll make it work," the Count repeated, looking between Valery and Amani. They were all incredibly busy. But a day like today was worth making time for.

Vera's sudden challenge of his challenge was met by another challenge. "Uh huh," he said quietly, covering his laugh with a hand.

Quickly, though, it was time for them all to leave. He looked to Amani, grinning. "Yeah. I'm ready." The Count turned to the Nobles, standing and giving them the smallest bow. "We'll keep in touch."

"Was nice to meet you twoo, Amani!"

Alicio simply gave the little girl a small wave, unable to conjure words as he was practically choking at how cute sleepy Vera was. He turned towards the transport, linking arms with Amani.

"She only said your name," he commented, his face teeming with playful jealousy. "Am I... bad with kids? I'm bad with kids, aren't I?"

Amani hiked her thumb at Vera, "She's right." Maybe they'd get a chance at another go-around. And maybe that time, Amani would finally get her own little toy. Something much cooler and softer than Chauncey. If they won again.

Which obviously, they would.

The mirialan watched Valery pick up her little girl, and waved back with a doe-eyed, cuteness-overwhelmed look, "Byeeee!" And to Valery she nodded, smirking back, ready for wherever things took them next, "See you, Val."

Now with just Alicio, she turned around and linked arms, "It's because we're best buddies now. I am her teammate after all," Amani rolled her eyes, then continued, "Nooo, you're not… bad with kids just…" She paused in thought, "...Inexperienced. Yeah." The mirialan pinched his cheek and smirked, "Don't worry, Your Excellency, you'll get there one day."

"C'mon, let's get outta here."
She tugged him along to the transport, resting her head on his shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom