Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Festival in Space(TJO)

Deneba-1600

"It's getting pretty chilly out there tonight."

"Just put your jacket on, don't be such a worry wort."

The Jedi Master tossed a cloak over him as he glanced towards the door, listening to the talk that was going on past his door as Jedi and such passed through. Kahne had arranged for a festival to take place this day. He hoped that it would form a trend and hopefully it would happen more often than not. Not that the Jedi weren't busy with things going on in the galaxy at the present time. However it was good to help with moral and allow the Jedi a time to relax and have some fun.

The Jedi cleared his throat and took a deep breath as he walked out the door. There were a few others that passed by him rather fast and they seemed to have a glimpse of excitement on there faces. That could've been boredom either way it looked to be a good night. Kahne wasn't sure how much of a turnout that their was going to be, he did know that he needed this. He was sure that the others needed it too.

The walk through the front doors of the temple was quick enough and then the cold air hit and a smile came across his face. The sun was still out and it felt pretty good with the compliment of the cold wind. The music was playing rather nicely as he stood overlooking the entirety that was the festival. There was booths set up for games,food and other activities and there look to be a dunking booth that he wondered if it was a bad idea as a small gust of cold air blew by him.

Not only Jedi had turned out for this occasion, there were locals that had pitched in and helped out with the occasion. Kahne was happy to see the local populace joining in and having fun as the Jedi were. Kahne smirked slightly as he took another deep breath and just took in what was going on before him. It truly did bring some joy to his heart. He opted to remain up here for a few more minutes before he headed down to join the festivities.

[member="Teynara Jeralyr"] [member="Cassius Droma"] @Ar'ekk [member="Rosario Perlyn"] [member="Mysa Snowstrider"] [member="Abrol"] [member="Samara Raine"] [member="Juno Ti-Rhea"] [member="Kei Raxis"] [member="Amilthi Camlenn"] [member="Solidor Slane"] [member="Senari Gravis"] [member="Veleera Ta'al"] [member="Kenshin Mamoru"] [member="Tiland Kortun"] [member="Karren Trask"] [member="Kal Dejara"] [member="Zylah Dvale"] [member="Romi Jade"] [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Ilias Nytrau"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Kamon Vondiranach"] [member="Lan Graendal"] [member="Lord Garrison of Corellia"]

DENEBA
851 ABY - Festival in Space

This sucked.

Juno was bored out of her mind, stuck in a large open space surrounded by a ton of adults or snotty teenagers, all of which were about ten times her size. The youth was having double the trouble just keeping her mind in check, and had been playing with the same drink for almost an hour. Occasionally, the odd person would approach her and make sure she wasn't some lost child - but none of them really seemed interested in keeping a conversation with the child.

"Why me?" The Padawan huffed, turning her stool on an angle to look out into the growing crowd. Someone here would have to be like her - bored out of their mind and interested in getting out of the group. If only she was just a few inches taller to see over the heads of those in front of her.

Rosario had been delighted when she had learnt that there was to be some sort of a fair organised by the Jedi and the scarce locals who lived in the valleys below the mountain that held the Deneba Enclave. Her duties as a Padawan, meditation practice, studying, and chores that helped run the Enclave, had kept her so busy that she had never had occasion to make her way down to meet these people. But when she had learnt of Master Porte's plan, she had eagerly volunteered to assist in its realisation.

The villagers had been eager to warn her of the particular plant life of this planet, which could be of a predatory nature. They had almost taken joy in her horrified gasp when they demonstrated to her disbelieving eyes how a perfectly normal-looking bush suddenly dropped all its leaves and sprang into motion when they threw a chicken at it. The poor animal had cackled and thrashed with its wings before being enclosed entirely in the moving branches. Minutes later, the branches had opened again, no trace of the fowl left except feathers that fell on the ground. Then the most outrageous thing of all happened: the branches started to search the ground and pick up the leaves again. The whole scene had ended on a light note when it had turned out that the nasty plant was unable to distinguish between leaves and feathers, mixing them in its supposed disguise. Still, Rosario was very glad that nothing of this kind grew in the Enclave's garden, and vowed to keep away from any and all plant life outside of it.

Rosario had become quite used to the traditional Jedi attire, but to wear it to an occasion such as this still seemed very wrong to her. And so she had set upon the task of repairing as well as possible the only other piece of clothing she owned, the rag of a blue linen dress she had been wearing when Zylah Dvale had found her. This was what she now wore instead of beige tunics and trousers, though the climate didn't allow her to eschew the chocolate brown outer robes.

Rosario was talking to a group of young local men and women whose acquaintance she had made when she spotted a girl, not quite small enough to be a youngling, but smaller than most other Padawans, sitting alone on a stool and looking sort of lost. Rosario frowned and excused herself from her company with a friendly smile, touching her hand to the back of one of the other women, and walked over to her.

On her way, she caught a glimpse of Master [member="Kahne Porte"], who was just coming down from the Enclave. Rosario waved at him with a beaming smile before she continued her path. As she came nearer, the girl's bored and slightly annoyed mood that had shown itself on her face became very palpable to the Zeltron. That needed to be set right.

"Hello", she said, friendly and curious. "I'm Rosario. What's your name? I haven't seen you here, is that because you're new or because I'm new?"

[member="Juno Ti-Rhea"]​

Tin'tinag

Life is a queen, if not it would be to easy
Festivals where not really her thing, parties, formal or nightclub where more to the you Twi'leks style, traditional festivals of sorts where not usually a good time, not to say they were not enjoyable, but often enough she felt herself lost to the actual meaning of whatever meaning was behind the celebration or its cultural significance, at least the food was usually nice.

Donning her usual black and grey Jedi robes the Rylothian slowly made her way down the mountain and towards the sound of laughter and other joyful sound, from below, the air starting to chill as evening approached, setting the day hot planet to a brisk and cool night, the prefect weather for the usually cumbersome robes. 'Well, it’s nice to see other are having fun, not quite sure how it will be for me, how know maybe they will have something interesting to watch, Jedi stuff gets boring after a while'.

Coming to the main square of the festival area things where definitely busy, locals and others wandering around with their strange attire or whatever was suitable for the occasion. Though what was surprising was that amount of activities present, she had though that entire place would be packed with traditional and very, old style like stuff, but the festival seemed to cater to all ages and people, there where even a good amount of kid games going around, some looked familiar, others looked new. "Well, this may be more exciting then initial thoughts, wonder who else is here"?

[member="Rosario Perlyn"] l [member="Juno Ti-Rhea"] l [member="Kahne Porte"]

When it raines, it pours.
The upbeat feel of the festival helped to raise the honey blonde's spirits being new and all to this particular Jedi Order. In recent times, Samara Raine had been like an army brat as someone once compared her to as she moved around a lot from one Jedi enclave to another. The aspiring apprentice healer had trained with the Order of the Sacred Lotus for a while and also the Silver Circle.

Now the Jedi padawan would be studying under the mentorship of Master Healer [member="Ilias Nytrau"] of the Deneba Enclave. She felt humbled that the ginger-haired Jedi Master had agreed so readily to take her under his wing to help round out her training in the healing arts. His interests in herbs and such was also something Samara was intrigued about.

The dry night air of Deneba was a bit chilly though Samara found it to be a refreshing reprieve from the high humidity of the rainforest from where she came from. Sea green eyes peered around at the sights of the festival as she made her way towards the lively sounds. There were many new faces both of the human variety and alien to get to know. There was one though Samara did recognize; that of [member="Kahne Porte"].

The dark-haired Jedi Master had taken Samara temporarily as his padawan learner after her master had died. When she finally decided upon the path of a Jedi Healer, he had left her in the capable hands of the Jedi doctors on Monastery at the temple there, then they parted ways until now. It would be nice to speak to him again. Samara was curious if Kahne was still seeing the pretty brunette pilot he had been with while she was tagging around with him, but that had been over a year ago.

"Hello, Master Porte," Sam offered with a cant of her golden head as her booted feet caught up to the Master Jedi's. "It is good to see you again. I hope I find you well?" she smiled.

[member="Lan Graendal"] [member="Tin'tinag"] [member="Rosario Perlyn"] [member="Juno Ti-Rhea"]

(Asked to delete the thread this is from..... Hoping to have more interested people here)

Jade tapped her staff forward as she weaved through the crowd. The Station was crowded as usual. Humans and aliens bustled about, either buying transport, providing transport,or selling items at various venders. She gripped her meger pile of credits as she listens for a ship that was free......

The pill which was blocking her force sensations and use, faded off, leaving an almost dizzy feeling from the effects. As soon as her force SIG returned, she found a driver. He was a stout, muscular man whom she knew was offering rides at low prices. He was mostly a shipping transport, but gave rides along e route. Jade approached, giving the man a slight smile.
"How much for a trip to Deneba?" She asked. The man smirked as he spoke.
"One way or round trip?"
"One way."
"30 credits"
"Done." Jade handed him the money. He led her to a seat in the ship and after several minutes, set e ship to fly into space. Jade gripped the bars by the chair as the shaking ship lurched into space.

It had been nearly 10 or 29 hours of flight before her force sight wavered. The deep pain settled into her body again, but she didn't take a pill. It would leave her unable to move as it would separate her ,briefly, from reality. She jolted in surprise as the ship landed.
"Here, miss." Was all the driver said as he lowered the ramp. With a nod of thanks, Jade slowly made her way off the ship and onto e warm sand and rock.

Jade's body was shaking with pain as she found her way to a temp!e of sorts. She figured this was the Temple of The Jedi Order. While she hated choosing a side, she couldn't be alone anymore. She needed stability and peace.....

She bit back a cry as she fell to the ground, her body unable to take the pain of the attack brought on by force sickness. She sent a mental asking for help to the force users nearby..... And all faded into the blackness of pain.

DENEBA

She was just about ready to go back inside, to ignore the entire festival itself when a funny looking lady approached her from behind. The sudden intrusion into the girls thoughts startled her, and it took a few moments of awkward silence before she regained her composure. "Oh!" She exclaimed, someone new to talk to - and someone who seemed to not be snotty or an adult. "My name is Juno. I'm fairly new as well, there were rumors among the Comenorian slums about an order on a desert planet somewhere to the east - so I took my chances." She paused, "I made a good choice."

The Padawan took a moment to inspect the older girl, she was definitely not human - but Juno couldn't quite put a finger onto where she was originally from. Either, she was a Human with some strange skin condition or another species entirely, it was difficult to tell. "Pardon my thoughtlessness, but where are you from? I've never seen someone who looks like you before."

[member="Rosario Perlyn"]

Jade could hear footsteps as awareness returned. It was fuzzy, but enough to locate a person. The sound of boots crunching made her wince at the sound.

Trying to use her force sight proved fruitless, it just caused her extreme pain. Jade was forced to allow her force usage to fade away. Her hands shookas she struggle!ed to find the bottle of pills on her belt. The plastic bottle clattered to the ground, still closed. "No....."

(Ooc: jade used the pills to block the force during her force sickness attacks. These pills are addictive and very dangerous)

Arabi had been spending much of her time recently meditating on the Iron Knights and their black ooze. She had healed one person and even quite a few others, but had it really stuck? Had it really made a difference? There were still plenty of people out there with that substance in their bodies, ready to strike when the Iron Knights felt it was time. Hours were spent combing over the samples of the substance (safely quarantined) and other medical findings to no avail. Thus far the only "cure" was to be healed by a Jedi. What she needed was a distraction. She was getting nowhere and the frustration was becoming a barrier to her continuing. Thus when she heard of the Festival being planned, she found she was looking forward to it. Perhaps now she would get to know some of her fellow Jedi brethren. Ar'ekk was the only one she had really spoken to. A brief encounter with [member="Tiland Kortun"] when they first came to Deneba and serving [member="Veiere Arenais"] by helping his wife [member="Lady Kay"] on Kwenn Station had been the only other interactions she had had. It was beginning to feel ... lonely.

Thus perhaps not in the best of moods, but hopeful and looking forward to the Festival, Arabi left the Medical wing of the Enclave wearing a long dark brown coat that buttoned down the front to about mid thigh and then billowed out around her feet. It was chill enough that even a woman with light fur wanted something. She left it unbuttoned though, as night had not fallen and there was still some warmth from the sun in the air. Perhaps she would meet Master @Ilias Nytrau or any of the other healers.

The distinct sounds of the Festival could be heard as she walked along the path. Lights could be seen glimmering in a multitude of colors and patterns. She couldn't help but smile, showing a bit of fang as her ears prick forward in anticipation. Her dark hair flowed around her face in the slight breeze. The air smelled fresh with hints of the greasy and sticky sweet festival foods as it drifted on the wind.

Rosario noticed how Juno's condition changed from annoyed boredom to confusion and then, eventually, energetic engagement.

"You came here all by yourself? Oh my. I don't think I'd've had the courage to do something like that!" Rosario looked at the girl, surprised and impressed. The nonchalant self-assurance with which she reported her origin and the manner of her relocation was quite something.

"Let me guess: I just seemed like the natural thing to do and an obviously great idea, and you didn't even think about why." Rosario looked expectant for a moment, but then, as though she had changed her mind, answered Juno's question instead of waiting for a reply.

"I'm from Zeltros. People from there come in all sorts of pink and red. Well, not all sorts, but a couple."

Rosario looked around briefly, though pointlessly, throwing a brief glance past the stands that had been erected around them. Returning to Juno, she suddenly asked: "Hey, what do you say to not just sitting around here?" She grinned. "The locals showed me this game where you have to throw a heavy ball so that it hits as close as possible to another. It's actually not that easy and more fun than it sounds. I think they set it up over there behind that tent." She pointed in the direction with both her head and hand.

[member="Juno Ti-Rhea"]​

DENEBA

"You learn, one way or another - that to make your way in life on Commenor, you have to take chances rather than wait for them to come to you." She stated glumly, covering her eyes from the bright sun. "That mentality isn't exactly appreciated by some of my teachers.." She said joyfully, cracking a toothy grin. For once, it was nice to share the origin story without feeling like a caged mouse. Although the Rosario's second statement confused the girl greatly, Juno continued to listen to what the older teenager had to say for herself.

"Z-Z-Zel-trus?" The girl stuttered out, attempting to pronounce the strange planets name. She shrugged, looking up to the crowds around them. "I didn't get much of a formal education.. wasn't a priority in my life at the time." She pushed herself off the stool, brushing off her lap with both hands and looking up to the taller young lady. The way the sun bounced off her skin, and the way she spoke made Juno almost believe she was some sort of angel. "Anything but stay here, it's like being stuck in a time warp - everyone is either an adult who want nothing to do with me, or toddlers who can't control themselves. She paused. "As you can imagine, I am interested in neither of those things."

She pushed forward, and past the Rosario - turning around and looking at one last time. "I'll race you."

[member="Rosario Perlyn"]

Once Jade was able to gather must of the pills, she pushed herself to a stand. Following the sounds, she made it to the party. The smells of food assaulted her nose, making her stomach growl, earning a sigh. She had not a single credit, there was no way she could get anything.

Pain made her sink into a chair, shaking from head to toe from the ripples of unbalanced force energy. Jade bit her tongue to keepmfrom crying out and disturbing the crowd around her.

"Zeltros. It's written with Zerek and Osk", said Rosario with a shrug. She knew how to write, of course, but written communication had played little role in the last several years of her life and the finer points of correct spelling were lost on her. If Zeltros hadn't been her home world, she might well have been uncertain about either of those two letters. She briefly thought of mentioning it to reassure the other girl, but Juno's mind had already moved on.

Rosario laughed merrily at her exaggerated description of the spot she had found herself in and appreciated the girl's enthusiasm at the prospect of escaping it, which was practically contagious.

"Well, alright!" she laughed at the suggestion of a race, and then protested lightly when Juno started off immediately to take advantage of the few steps of headway she had: "Hey!" Her dress was fortunately quite loose and so didn't constraint her as she started to chase after Juno, still laughing.

[member="Juno Ti-Rhea"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom