Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A brilliant fire
Top Poster Of Month
Alrighty!

I've seen a bunch of these pop up during my time here and figured it was time I made one as well. Originally, I joined in March of 2021, so a little past the one-year mark, but after about of month of occasional writing, I already went on a long LoA mostly for personal reasons. But since I came back in September, I've been actively writing and I've gotten a lot more involved, mostly with my character Valery here.

So I'd like to know what people think of the character thus far, the good and the bad, as well as my writing in general.
Any feedback is welcomed, whether it's for me or my character :)

Thank you for taking the time!

We've not really interacted much, but from what i've seen I think you've got an extremely strong character concept and dedication to said character (Valery). And it really shows in the quality of both your content, art and posts. Keep doing what you're doing because its awesome, as i'm sure everyone else who's seen your stuff would agree <3

We have only posted together briefly on my Hild, but Valery seems like a nice character. Fun personality, good posts, very nice art. All the effort you put is visible and amazing.

Now step up your game and surpass Kitter Bitters

BOOOOO! TIRED OF SEEING VALERY EVERYWHERE!

GET A JOB JEDI!

HEHEHEHEHaaaaaaaaaaaa

No, I love Valery man. How can you not. You're literally all over the galaxy. Always quality posts, which is something I honestly can't even say myself, I tend to find myself rushing posts a lot, whereas every post I've ever read from you seems to be well thought out and satisfying.

I've personally told you already I love what you're doing with Valery, for a lot of the reasons Rika Hiro Rika Hiro mentioned at that.

KEEP IT UP!!!

more-kylo-ren.gif

I don't feel that I'm particularly good at putting constructive feedback into words, so I won't try to write up an entire in-depth analysis here. But I can at least say after having interacted with Valery a couple times now, that I think she's a really solid, well-rounded character. I personally find master level PCs can sometimes be difficult to write for fear of static character development, but you've managed to stave that off and keep things interesting, which I don't necessarily see slowing down any time soon. You know what you're doing with the character, and others have already voiced similar praises probs better than I can. Looking forward to reading about and writing with her more!

Your stuff is consistent in quality, and overall you've struck me as a positive and engaging writer to interact with both IC and OOC. The copious amounts of art is also pretty rad. No notes from me, keep doing what you're doing.

I know you brought Val in from another RP, so she came in lightsaber blazing with a backstory and development already behind her. Even though I didn't get to experience her story before she got put in stasis, I believe she's someone with a history and credibility as a Jedi Master, thanks to how you write her.

I used to wonder how you managed to be so active in the community and train so many characters (really train them by forming lasting relationships with your Padawans), but I think that can be attributed to your focus as a writer. You have other characters, but Val is clearly your main and you don't divide your attention as much between multiple character arcs. I don't get the impression that you're trying to do too many things at once and your story isn't muddled as a result.

I also appreciate the fact that Val has remained true to who she is. She consistent and doesn't do crazy things that would be out of character for her, regardless of what she experiences. There's a temptation I see in my own writing and in others' to "follow the plot bunnies" rather than letting the character drive the story, which I don't think you suffer from. It's the key to why Val is such a great character, IMO.

Finally, I also really love all the character art you have for Val, it's dope as hell and very distinct.

So, I believe we’ve known each other for a good few months now and I’ve got to say I’ve enjoyed and loved every interaction IC and OOC we’ve ever had.

Valery is without a doubt a well crafted character, who has a intriguing backstory and personality which are unique. Since my first RP with Cartri I’ve always enjoyed interacting with Valery, who soon went on to adopt Silas for a short time as a paddy. RP wise you always bring the best out of their characters and writing, and that’s something not many people can keep doing.

You as a writer are nothing but kind and helpful whenever I speak to you. The only thing I can say is continue being the chill and selfless person you are. There’s a reason why so many people look up to you.

As well as all this, your art pieces always amaze me and help bring out more of the character than ever before. You even helped me get one of my own, which turned out to be fantastic and is now proudly used for his avatar.

I look forward to seeing what stories you make in the future. Keep it up :)

Last edited:

Jsc

Disney's Princess
You're a consistent, active, and talented StarWars fan writer. And I've praised a few of those in the past thirteen years around the 'verse. Even wrote with quite a few of them too. But like the rarest of the rare? You're also a complete joy to write with! Ha! And that is rare praise indeed. So I'll ignore the fiction and fandom for a moment. Sidestep the characters, the npcs, the laserswords, and the discord chats; and simply congratulate you on being a very fun person to work with!

10/10 - Valery's best asset is having a writer like you. Awesome. :D

Aerys Yvarro

A
A great writer, I definitely love our threads and how easy it is to collaborate. A joy as stated to write with, and 10/10 would definitely write with again. You're the epitome of class and grace, in a word you make writing amazing! Valery is a great character you put a great amount of effort into her stories can't to see what else is in store for the Jedi Master!

Be careful what you wish for.
We've chatted about this before, and honestly still. I am looking for a reason as to why Valery's presence just seems to irritate Caltin.

I canNOT find one for the life of me. XD

I am not saying that she is "perfect", no, she is not but then again, are any of our characters that way?

If there is ANY kind of (constructive) criticism I could find (and believe me, I had to look) it would be:

Pick one.

What I mean is -

She's a wife
She's a mother
She's a Warrior Jedi

I'm not saying that she can't be all three, but I think there should be a little more struggle on her part balancing the three (ala Spiderman?)

Other than that? I like her. Caltin doesn't (lol just annoyed) but I do. :)

I’ve written with you once before, I think last year, but I can say with certainty that you’ve improved since then, not only with developing Valery as a character, but also as a writer! Your posts with her are very clear and concise, sparing much of the fluff that while nice to read at times, can also bog down the story a bit. What I mean to say is that your posts flow really nicely and the clarity of your prose makes it extremely easy to respond and bounce off of! I imagine that your writing partners appreciate that very much and I know I did when I wrote with you!

Now step up your game and surpass Kitter Bitters
Never!

:p to be fair all if her posts are meaningful IC contributions to the community. Mine are spam. I would say that far surpasses me.

Now onto Valery:

I love Valery! She is a solid character that you seem to enjoy writing. It is very clear you have a good idea of what story you want to tell and how to make it happen. I love roleplaying with you and I love chatting with you. Not only is your character wonderful but you are a really nice person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom