Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

False Tags

This isn't the first time I've noticed it, but it's happened enough that I figured I'd report it now.

There seems to be a bug where a thread will display one tag, but upon opening of the thread (Or just navigating to the thread's sublevel) will reveal an entirely different tag.

From the Main Board
p95v6t2.png

From the Approved NPC subforum
s6JYM00.png

So there it is. No idea what's causing it.

Zatten Black said:
possibly the same thing that now makes the archives password protected?

Most archive's aren't. If they're password protected, it's because they're put into a place that was originally password protected - example: someone archives a protected forum from a faction and puts it in the archive. Said forum retains its password protection.

None of my accounts have that problem. If it's a problem for you, make a new thread about the issue and be as specific as possible as to what the problem is/what you're doing when you notice its happening. As it stands, said problem isn't relevant to this thread.

Blast I'm seeing it too, where the tag changes when you jump into the sub-forum or into the thread itself. One will say, like the Zeta Squad in the main board or the codex says 'DENIED' But when I go to approved NPCs I get under 'UNIT'. I'm seeing the same with threads tagged on the main board with a 'work in process' tag, but has the 'approved' tag when I jump into the thread or its specific sub-forum.

This is happening to me as well, I didn't really notice it much until earlier today at work when I was looking at my phone, though now I see it on my PC as well.

My squad!!!

Yeah, this bug gave me a heart attack.

Was strange to go from "Pending Approval" to "Denied" only to check the submission out and see it have the "Unit" tag, I must say. Like a roller coaster of uncertainty.

EDIT: Oh, and here's a cropped picture I took of it yesterday:
0d276ff878.png

Nyxie

【夢狐】
The worst I got was a thread suddenly coming up as Looking For Group, which I thought was funny, lol. This is definitely a confirmed, albeit harmless, issue.

Yeah, it seems to be a bug with the architecture of the code of the Prefixes mod we're using. From what I was able to deduce, it's not pulling the tags from the subforums, only the tags from the main forums. The last updated thread's tag in that forum. So in this case, a RPJ or someone denied the item in that main forum and moved it out, but the Prefix mod still pulls that Denied prefix as the last known prefix for the main forum index.

But the last thread update is pulled from the core software, not the mod. So two things from two different threads are getting displayed on the main forum index.

Sadly, the only solution seems to be to nuke it from orbit and disable tags on the main forum index, as that's the only thing that changed when the new tags were introduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom