Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Faith of the Heart [FO/TSE]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Faith of the Heart

[media]

Prefsbelt IV
New South Avalonia
[member="Madelyn Lowe"] | @Moff Terrix

Ryssa would be lying if she said she was absolutely stunned by her mother's work. Lord Admiral Fiolette Raaf must have had this planned she thought, for when she stood there beside the former Governor. The flag of the First Order unfurled into the wind, it was as if her mother had remembered every detail of Dosuun and did her best to bring it here to Prefsbelt IV. "Welcome home Ms. Lowe," Ryssa said with a sense of pride, "believe the Lord Admiral has had a hand in what we're seeing today." Older Fortan I-class vessels accompanied by the just as old Mark I Dagger and Bolt-class ships flew past their ship. "She even convinced old Lady Brentioch to bring out the old boats." Ryssa gestured toward a building as it approached on view. "There, she mentioned this in her letter the Academy, she said it would be left for you to name the same with the city and well your state name of course."

"For now this is listed as New South Avalonia." Ryssa added and took in a deep breath and exhaled, "I realize this is - again a lot, the Lord Admiral doesn't do half-measures." At least not when it came to infrastructure and design. "We're being taken to the main port and from there we can take a tram toward District 10." The central hub of governance in the city. If the Governor had not chosen the option then it would have gone to waste the Sith Empire would've made a few adjustments but nevertheless would've proceeded. Still, a smile crossed Ryssa's lips, she was glad - quite glad that Ms. Lowe and those aboard the Hydian had made the decision to become citizens.

While there were still parts of the city that held architecture from older periods in time, there was still enough done that it was plain to city. This city whatever it had been in the past had been transformed to mirror Avalonia if in part to help the former First Order citizens adjust to their life within the Empire. No longer would Ms. Lowe and those in her care worry about their status of food, clothing or if they'll be able to maintain life support. "Don't mind the dust though," Ryssa finally said after a moment or so of silence, "there's still a few things that have been planned that are not quite finished." One of which waited in District 10 itself, and once more Ryssa wanted to point out it was not her idea but between old Lady Brentioch and her mother, it was rather hard to convince them otherwise.

"We shall be meeting with a Moff Terrix or rather, former Moff - his title and position will be up to you to determine, but I did ask him to meet us at the tram station so hopefully he'll be there."

Last edited by a moderator:
Madelyn stepped out into the noonday sun, shielding her eyes as she looked over the scene around her. It was uncanny really, the effort to which they had gone to make it look like an Imperial city. The banners, the ships, even the buildings crafted carefully to evoke the majesty and quiet dignity of Dosuun. It was impressive, and indicative of the power the Sith could exercise.

As her gaze settled on a flag flapping in the breeze, Madelyn's eyes crinkled, and her expression turned trouble. She cast her memory back to years earlier, sitting in her office, the holoscreen open in front of her. On it had been buildings much like these, but it was the real Avalonia, not an imitation, and it had been burning. The camera had panned slowly, cutting between scenes of raging fires, of Ssi-Ruuvi ships passing slowly above, of the Capitol Building, bombed out and almost unrecognisable. Everything they had built slowly being swallowed in smoke and ash. She remembered sitting there, knowing that it was the end, that Varonat would too fall, that it would be one of many casualties, that it was too late to stop any of it. That had been a dark day, and many more had followed.

"The Lord Admiral certainly knows how to put on a show" she remarked. In truth, Madelyn only half-listened to her guide, electing instead to drink in the sights of the city, and bask in the sunlight and the cool breeze.

Behind her trailed two others, neither seeming as enthralled as the former Governor at their surroundings. The first was the recalcitrant Ilya Cardonne, wearing a sour expression as she lingered at the back of the group. She was likely bored, robbed of the day-to-day tasks of running the station and of the thrills of a usual mission. Beside her strode Agent Yves, a tall, thin and severe woman with dark eyes and relatively ambiguous character. She kept a few paces behind Madelyn at all times, her posture straight but relaxed, and obviously attentive.

A shadow passed over them, and Madelyn looked up to see the silhouette of a Fortan-I pass overhead. It surprised her, how much comfort it brought. In the years at the station she'd learned not to yearn for the comforts of the former Order, but now that she had a taste of Imperial life once again she found herself feeling almost giddy. Yvarro was right. I was a lot to take in.

At the mention of the former Moff, Madelyn's mouth curved up into a half-smile. She knew little of the man, and she was looking forward to seeing what he was made of. Whatever happened, it would likely be an interesting meeting.

[member="Ryssa Yvarro"]

Moff Terrix had received the invitation over holo, and gladly accepted the meeting. It would be a nice break from the reconstruction efforts on Pa'Desh. After making sure his duties would be left in capable hands, Arador's vessel began its hyperspace journey to Prefsbelt IV. The Moff rubbed his temples as the Tribune-class corvette cut its way through hyperspace, ruminating on past diplomatic experiences and the headaches they had caused. Hopefully today would be different.Soon, Terrix's corvette exited hyperspace, and he straightened his uniform as the pilot transmitted the ship's identification codes and began making its approach. As the Tribune-class descended into the cityscape, Terrix couldn't help but be impressed by the detail put into the architecture to resemble Dosuun. His home.

Shaking away the nostalgia, he beckoned for his FOSB security detail to fall in step with him. It was not that he did not trust Ryssa, but Bakura had taught him to always keep his guards close no matter the situation. The corvette touched down and the ramp lowered, the Moff and his detail descending from within. Terrix took a moment to breath in the fresh air, though he halted only for a moment before making his way to the tram station. Inwardly, of course he was impressed, but his grave features showed little. This, he thought, this is what the First Order should be. Not cowering in a fort on a backwater in the arse-end of the galaxy.

Fiolette Fortan

F
"She certainly does," Ryssa had to agree, the Lord Admiral knew how to put on a show, how to inspire the masses. "It'll never quite be Avalonia, Prosperia or even Victoria, but it is a start." She spoke with a sincerity not heard by Ms. Lowe in their brief meetings. Something took at Ryssa, as she looked over the horizon, "it's a start of a better day for the First Imperials." She bade Ms. Lowe and her delegation to follow as they walked away from the scenic view atop the balcony of the Grand Crown Hotel of New South Avalonia. Ryssa wore her best First Order red, coupled with a bracelet and ring in fleur-de-lis patterns willed initially to her mother, but given to Ryssa for the day. She guided them through the hotel and down to the awaiting speeder, a vintage Galidraani land speeder where the wheels were removed and lower body modified to fit modern standards of travel.

"Ms. Lowe," she called as the driver held open the door.

Once inside and the door shut the speeder moved smoothly, just as the banners overhead read, 'Welcome Home.' Ryssa lowered her gaze and fiddled with the ring on her finger. An impasse and incomplete construction of the road had been the reason why they were forced to take the tram. It wasn't the only road or thing under construction in the city. Repulsorlift cranes, and hover bulldozers along with excavators and the like littered the city as the Empire repurpose what had been a quiet town into a bustling city for their new citizens. Ryssa took a deep breath and exhaled she looked up out the window as the beautifully carved buildings lined either side of the street.

The driver called out their approach to the tram, there was little to do there at the tram a quiet setting where Moff Terrix would be easily spotted. "There he is," she mentioned and waited for the delegation to disembark their speeder before having them along to meet with the man. "Moff Terrix, I presume. I'm Ryssa Yvarro and I'm not sure if you've had the pleasure but this is Governor Lowe, I'll let her introduce her party to you."

After introductions were out of the way, she gestured for them to board the tram.

[member="Arador Terrix"] | [member="Madelyn Lowe"]

A short speeder ride later the group disembarked, with Madelyn once again stepping out into the sun, once again marvelling at the new construction, the shining stone, the power and grandeur that exuded from the place, even before its construction had finished. It was amazing, this place. Exceptional, really. But it wasn't home, not even an echo of it, not anymore.

It was strange, even to her. For so many years she had thrown herself ceaselessly, shamelessly into the world of First Imperial politics. For years she had pined for a space among the oligarchs, for a place on the table, for any drop of power she could get her filthy hands on. For years she had attended dry conferences and parties with stoic officers and their stiff upper lips. She'd thought herself a shark, better at playing the game than the others. She'd wanted it more it seemed, more than anyone else.

That life had been everything. It had been her, Madelyn Lowe was built on that foundation. When it crumbled, so did she. In truth, she'd been crushed, obliterated. In a lot of ways it felt like she died that day on Varonat, staring at the holoscreen while the bombs rained down. But six long years had passed since then, and she was still here, and that meant something.

She had her station now, and her crew. They were a ragtag bunch sure, but salt-of-the-earth imperials they remained, just... a different breed, changed by circumstance.

What surprised her most was that it was them she cared about. It was for them that she'd reached out to the Sith. She was not selfless, no, Madelyn didn't give herself that much credit, but she cared about them more than she ever had her citizens on Varonat. The survivors on the Hydian, she knew them, she'd met all of them, worked with them for years. That yawning pit in her gut that had been with her so long, that ceaseless ambition, the desire to dominate and control, it was gone, or at least diminished.

So, as she stepped out of the speeder and extended her hand to the self-titled Moff, she did not feel the familiar pang of jealously, of competition, she didn't feel the need to make him kneel, to reduce him. In fact, she felt a kind of sadness. They had been through a lot to get here, and lost a great deal. She hoped the ordeal had allowed him to grow as it had her. She hoped he was not diminished.

"Moff Terrix, it's a pleasure. These are strange times we find ourselves in."

[member="Arador Terrix"] | [member="Ryssa Yvarro"]

Moff Terrix bowed his head in respect to the pair, taking Governor Lowe's hand as it was offered and giving it a firm shake. He had not had the pleasure of meeting Lowe before, . "A pleasure to meet you, Governor, and you as well Ms Yvarro. Strange times indeed, which calls for additional efforts to preserve ourselves. I appreciate the invitation." After shaking Governor Lowe's hand and offering one in return to Ryssa, his arms returned to their rest position clasped behind his back. "This is quite a stunning city you have here, had I not seen the coordinates on the navcomputer I could have mistaken it for Dosuun. A welcome change of scenery from the Sprawl on Pa'Desh, I must say," the Moff said. "I suppose we should waste no time, should we?" Terrix boarded the tram as gestured by Ryssa, followed closely by the security team.

Terrix had been an aide to one of the Moffs prior to the collapse, but when most of the First Order's leadership perished or disappeared, he had taken it upon himself to title himself a Moff and work to help rebuild the First Order. He had long tired of being useless to the First Order under their current, military controlled junta gobernment, and even though his position had seemingly been officially recognized by Grand Admiral Carlyle he had remained without station until he took it upon himself to organize relief and reconstruction efforts in The Sprawl outside the Old Fort. But with this, he hoped that would change. Duty waits for no man, and he had much to catch up on.

[member="Ryssa Yvarro"] | [member="Madelyn Lowe"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
The Tram would take them to District 10 where the heart of New South Avalonia beat with such great First Imperial strength. Balance bless, Ryssa thought as the very tram they rode resembled an older Galidraani train and as it pulled away from the station it offered a bit of nostalgia for Ryssa. It would also be the first step toward a renewal of faith for everyone there, the sound of steam whistled from the engine the chug-a-chug-a-chug of the wheels as they rolled along the rails. Galidraani and Tionese colonials could be seen working the very construction of the duracrete buildings as they passed by. A glimpse of the sea as they rounded the corner and the glittering Prosperian Sea greeted them all as it touched along the shoreline below. "Welcome to District 10 the heart of New South Avalonia, where commerce, politics, and culture come together."

First-Imperial flags waved in the wind, sitting side by side with the Sith Imperial flags - a note of the once-proud nation having stood as a giant among men. Row after row of buildings, a redesigned Imperial Palace could be seen up ahead and as they passed through a tunnel the subtle First-Imperial anthem began to play. A band had gathered on the platform labeled Station 10, but that is not where they would stop, instead, Ryssa knew the driver had clear instructions. The tram slid down into a hidden tunnel and pulled up to a more discrete platform, "all anyone will know is that the tram will set off at the palace's freight stop." They did not know or did they need to know that the palace held a secret entrance, "I decided to incorporate the bunker that once sat beneath the old Imperial Palace on Avalonia, here, this will take us down to a lift which will bring us up to the lobby of the palace."

It would be another ride down the long tunnel where soldiers bearing the Stormtrooper armor of the First Order marched. Once arrived at the stop, Ryssa guided them to a lift where they would be taken to the lobby, and in the lobby an elongated desk where secretaries greeted citizens and on the floor sat an empty spot. "We'll decide on an emblem upstairs, I'm sure." Ryssa sounded quite sure as she spoke and gave a glance to both the Moff and the Governor.

"This way," she bade them to follow her once more as they stepped back into the lift and she turned a key. The options of the lower levels were gone, and she pressed a numbered button and waited as the lift took them up. "You'll each have a key here shortly, you'll simply turn to reveal the lower levels and press your desired level."

Each part of the building had been seen to, as had much of the district a dedication to detail was obvious there hadn't been much that the Lord Admiral or other former First Order members had missed. It seemed they were just as heartbroken as the rest of the nation. The delegation was let off on the seventh floor where Ryssa led them down an empty hallway and through a set of glass doors that had but a few office workers who hailed from other parts of the First Order. Varunda IX, Skye, Bespin, and even Yalara, "a lot of former First Order citizens jumped at the opportunity to help your group settle Governor Lowe, and I have no doubt they would be just as eager to assist anyone who wanted to arrive with you Moff Terrix."

Finally, they stopped in a large conference room that overlooked the plaza. The view was stunning as the gardens rivaled some of the best throughout the Empire, and by no small feat had it been accomplished of course one was left to wonder what would have happened if the offer had been declined. "Do you either of you require any refreshments? Tea, water? Perhaps biscuits?"

Once again, Terrix could not help but marvel at the effort the Lord Admiral had devoted to making everything here inviting to members of the First Order. Every edifice singing proudly its First Imperial origins, the crimson banners flying the First Order's cog, all of it sparked a strong imperial pride in his heart. He would be proud to call this place home soon. Assuming that everything worked out, that is. The Moff wondered to himself how many would follow him over, and whether this would all be worth it by the end.

"With any luck, many of my compatriots will follow me here. I do not intend to leave the First Order I know in the dust, I want to make them prosper, and I believe this to be the best chance for us to do so." Terrix said, motioning to the building around them as the group made their way across the seventh floor. "I've done too much to abandon them now," he added as they entered the conference room.

He was not here seeking personal power, after all. He sought the survival of the First Order. No, the revival. All that he had seen only cemented the thought that this would be the perfect new home for the First Order, but there was still much to be done before that could truly be seen. Terrix looked out the window at the delicately manicured gardens below, taking in their beauty for a moment before turning back to Ms Yvarro. "A cup of tea would be splendid," the Moff said with a smile.

[member="Ryssa Yvarro"] | [member="Madelyn Lowe"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Tea and refreshments would be provided shortly, as Ms. Yvarro, Moff Terrix, and Governor Lowe were seated. She listened as the Moff spoke and gave a nod of acknowledgment as he made mention of his compatriots. "We can certainly make it easier for them to find their way here when they are ready, through a specialized immigration program." A set of documents were then presented to the Moff and Governor, documents neatly organized in thick folders. "There are documents for you both they read the same, we are on this day making official the creation of a vassal state. Granted to the persons before me on behalf of themselves and those they choose to represent."

"We will start with Prefsbelt IV, and the city that is tentatively named New South Avalonia - this is of course at your discretion if you wish to change this name. The Prefsbelt system will serve as the heart of the newest vassal state with the option of expanding in the near future. Expansion options do include neighboring systems to Prefsbelt including the Albarrio system home to the planet of Scipio." Ryssa began and then flipped the page to outline other details. "On this day you are agreeing to what we call the fast-track to citizenship, this means automatic citizenship being granted to all persons aboard the Hydian - this offer will be extended to those on Pa'Desh but they must present their First Imperial IDs along with a set of Sith-Imperial tokens which we will provide to you Moff Terrix this way we know who to fast track."

"By becoming citizens you will be granted all rights due to a Sith-Imperial, but by doing so your people will agree to serve the minimum required time within the military. All persons will be searched for Force Sensitivity those who are found to be Force Sensitive will be taken to Korriban and trained as Sith, or otherwise trained for service to the Sith Empire." She would further outline other details on the agreement and finally reached the conclusion, "the Hydian will be retrofitted with Sith-Imperial technology and integrated into our hyperspace networks but will continue to serve the First Order as a hybrid military-civilian installation."

She looked between the two of them and waited a few more moments before concluding, "and we'll need a name of course for the vassal state and, between the two of you make a decision on who will represent the First Order at council."

Terrix sipped his tea, reading the information presented to him and mulling over possible names for the state. "Prefsbelt Imperial Authority has a nice ring to it, don't you think? And I would gladly represent it, unless Governor Lowe has any objections. Your offer of citizenship is most generous, and I will be sure to extend this fast-track to any who are willing to join us. " In his head, he was already forming a list of who to pass the offer to. How many would join him, he wondered. Terrix placed the documents aside, taking another sip of his tea. A thought came to mind. "If I may make a suggestion: The collapse of the Core Imperial Confederation has left many like-minded individuals without any safe harbor, and the Authority could serve as a new home for them. If they joined us, I believe that could be a boon for both parties. They would gain the protection provided by us, somewhere secure to lay their heads. The Authority, and by extension the Sith Empire, would benefit from their experience and economic contributions, and could enhance our political pull with regards to convincing further systems to join us." While it was true that the CIC and First Order had not exactly existed on the best of terms, Terrix would rather extend an olive branch than leave them floating in the wind. He doubted it would be so simple, but it was worth a shot regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom