Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fair Means or Foul [Open]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Rawnie blinked at her lover. Was he serious? One of these? It was impossible to keep the excited grin off her face. She felt like she did as a child receiving her first bow from her father.

"Are you serious right now!? Vor entye!"

...But what could she possibly give him for a wedding gift? Well, besides a baby. That didn't exactly count. Hmmm... She could have knives made for him? Or she could hunt a wolf and give him it's pelt. Make a fur coat for him. So many ideas now...

[member="Doctor Azure"]

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Alicia Drey"] | [member="Nierce"]

The politics of the galaxy had escaped her in recent times, considering the plight of Corellia, it was all Lilli could do to simply stay alive. However, she greeted the Lady with a warm smile. It seemed that the presence of Lady Kay had drawn attention, which was understandable and so Lilli excused herself as she began talks with another woman that had approached. "Senator .. I shall leave you to 'business'".

Lilli decided to find her seat, which she found only a couple up from the woman in the hood she had noticed before. She had a strange look about her, but than so do most in the galaxy, such a big pot of diversity that no one paid attention too.

Lilli is no different, just another humanoid in a vast galaxy. She sat quietly and watched the duelling.

Lor couldn't help but grin back at Rawnie. He would've pulled a moon down from the sky to see her smile like that. Doing something he enjoyed, like building tech, for her? That wasn't even a question. He gave her a teasing look as he held her hand.​
"Well, a bike is more personal than a gun... probably."
For the millionth time since he'd proposed to her, Lor found himself very much appreciating the fact that he was marrying probably the best friend he'd had in his life.​
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]​

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Lilli Sinopi"] [member="Nierce"] [member="Alicia Drey"]

Kay listened carefully as Alicia spoke. Food supplies coming in and out through Commenor's ports was not uncommon. But info on the Cartel of course drew her attention. And what did she mean that one freed slave had meant that another was killed? She would need to inquire on that a lot further.

Of course this wasn't exactly what she was looking for, but the Force works in mysterious ways. Either that or her enemies do.

Kay bowed her head to Lilli as the young woman excused herself. She then turned her attention back to Alicia. "Of course there is always a need for food and medical supplies, especially during times of war. An increase in your business would be beneficial to the both of us. As for my actions against the Cartel, not every slave freed is from within their grasp. Their raids have been slowed down as well. But I don't see how or why slaves are killed after I have some rescued..."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
That was it. She didn't care that she was showing affection for him in public. She threw her arms around him, laughing.

"Lor'ika! You are the absolute light of my life, do you know that?"

That was it. She was going to make him something special too. What exactly it was, she wasn't sure yet. But it would be made with such devotion, such care, that he would insist on keeping it with him always.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

| [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Nierce"] | [member="Lilli Sinopi"] |

"Giving the freedom to slaves is something that I can relate with. I do not agree with the Hutt Cartel's slaving and I despise slavers. But for every slave freed, angers the crime lords within the Cartel. To maintain their production of spices, weapons and so on means that they increase the work load of the slaves under their control. It also means that more people were enslaved to replace the people that are lost."

"Whilst those people were likely to be enslaved anyway and the slaves were always going to eventually die or be murdered under the bane of their masters, you only speed up the process in which these slaves die; and in the mean time, you endanger those closest to you, as well as yourself. You have bounty on your head, that one day someone is going to be brave enough to collect, regardless of relations between the Republic and the Cartel."

"Even speaking to you now, puts me endanger. Sempra's eyes and ears are everywhere. He has rapidly risen to become one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy. To stop him, would require a long term plan. Something that stops the enslaving altogether, rather than fixing it short term, by freeing a few people. Do you catch my drift?"

Nierce noted the woman moving to sit behind her. If she moved to be nearer to her, it would be obvious. If she did anything to get closer to her, it would be obvious. The only potential option to her was to feel just a bit. And when she did, she noted the woman's presence in the Force. The corners of her mouth twitched up just slightly, but she kept her gaze focused on the duel's in front of her, as if she were an avid fan, though she most certainly was not.

Do not be alarmed and do nothing to draw attention to yourself, she said through the Force to Lilli. You seem lost and without cause. I may be able to assist you with this. Think your words and I will know your response.

[member="Lilli Sinopi"]

Kay-Larr

[member="Alicia Drey"]

She nodded as she listened, agreeing with some of her points, but not all. "Just because it is a vicious cycle, it doesn't mean that their lives are not worth saving. Slowing the Cartel down isn't a bad thing."

Kay didn't bother looking around as though she had suspected that someone was watching, listening, or waiting to pounce. "I am well aware of the bounty on my head. And fortunate for me, I have no one that I am close to to be endangered by my actions. I don't think that I would've taken things this far if I did."

To Alicia's last comment she raised a brow slightly. It certainly peaked her interest. "I do indeed....For a proper business meeting to flesh out some new contracts, we should meet at my office. There's less distractions." Not to mention there weren't any spies.

Once again she turned her attention back to the duels. She was keeping an eye on the combatants with great piloting skills.

[member="Lady Kay"]

"My advice was on the house. I don't like seeing people suffer or dying. But believe me, you are not slowing the Cartel down. You are only making them angrier."

Alicia leaned off the railing. It was time to leave. And she had another meeting to attend too, before she left Commenor. For a moment, she found herself glancing at [member="Nierce"]. She averted her eyes away from the Twi'lek back to Kay.

"My supplies to Commenor were done with local authorities, based on the need. But to create a contract with you, would be dangerous. Thank you for the offer, but I am going to have to pass, senator."

Before she left, Alicia said as an after thought. "If you permit it, Chandrila Group is more than willing to bring it's products to Commenor. If not, then I am sure there are other systems that could do with what I have to offer."

"Now, if you will excuse me, I must be going. And don't worry, senator. I won't tell Sempra or my contacts in the Cartel that we met. That would get us both killed. But for what it's worth, it was nice meeting a hero."

Leaving the VIP booth, Alicia checked her chrono. She had remained at the snoopdueling event longer than she had anticipated. But that had been because she had met people a lot more interesting than watching Mandalorians beat people to death for sport. Only the Sun Guard fight had been worth watching.

Descending the steps and leaving the arena, Alicia left [member="Nierce"], Senator Kay and the lost Corellia that was [member="Lilli Sinopi"] behind. Her Acavus cruiser was waiting for her to take off.

Kay-Larr

[member="Alicia Drey"]

Kay bowed her head to Alicia as she left. Her words struck a chord with her. She knew that the Cartel was angry with her. Why else would they go through so much trouble to try to stop her? Of course killing her would be political suicide, given the alliance that the Cartel had with the Republic. And that was too valuable to give up over some freed slaves.

But to take down Sempra himself would be no easy task. And of course there would be some pushing to replace him. When one head is chopped off, three more would emerge...And would either of those three be worse than Sempra? There was a good chance of that.

At this moment in time, Kay wished that she had a whole group of advisors to have council with. But she basically only had herself. All the others, even the ones called friends, would only be around her for short bits of time. Kay wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Lor practically pulled Rawnie into his lap, for the second time today.​
"Mhm... I love you a lot."
He shifted a little so she could sit down behind him on the bike. It was a snug fit on the one-person seat, but did either of them mind the close contact? Probably not.​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
She put her helmet on her head then got on behind him. She sat close, pressing her entire body into his back as she wrapped her arms around him, squeezing him slightly.

"Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum, Cyar'ika," she said getting close to his ear, "No getting rid of me now."

She gave him a grin that she knew he could not see. Didn't matter. He would probably hear it in her voice. She lucked out with him and she knew it.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor raised an eyebrow as he pulled his goggles down over his eyes. He felt Rawnie pressed up against his back and grinned excitedly.​
"Tch, I'm not stupid. Nobody but you would ever put up with my crap, visahot."
He let the engine open up, and they were off like a shot towards the swoopdueling arena. It didn't really occur to him that they'd have to walk back. It was more than a ten minute flight with the jet boots could reach.​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
And they were off. Rawnie held on for dear life, wind whipping through the jacket she wore. This really was fun. And to think she might soon have one of her own!

Alright. That settles it. I am making Lorane a really nice knife.

It was a very traditional gift. Married couples often gave weapons as gifts to each other on their special day. Knives were especially common in the north where the materials were easy to come by. They did have some good iron handy that she could use. If she had extra time, she'd even try to make him a fur coat too. Winters were rough. He'd need it if he was going to get by.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

After a nearly twenty-minute ride, they arrived at the back entrance to the swoopdueling arena. Lor gave the bike a slightly wistful look, which disappeared as he grabbed Rawnie's legs and stood up, so she was riding piggyback. He managed to walk away from the bike, and then put his fiancee back down on the ground, gesturing towards the VIP booth in the stadium.​
"Paid in advance to leave 'er here. Let's go watch some vode have their paid target practice."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
That was so fun! She grinned as he pulled her off the bike via piggy back ride, then set her down. Yup. She definitely wanted one!
...But maybe she'd wait until after she had the baby. Right now, she felt a little dizzy and motionsick. She took one step in the wrong direction, shook her head, and quickly oriented herself again.

"Can't wait," she responded, pulling her helmet off, "You always know how to have fun."

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor reached his hand out for Rawnie's again as he walked through the ticket counter, flashing the VIP tags. The view from this booth was stunning. As he looked around, he was a little surprised to see that the other people in here were nowhere near as excited by this spectacle as he was. At any rate, he recognized Lady Kay, but nobody else. He shrugged and sat down in one of the theatre-like seats, gesturing at the pair of armored people seemingly dancing around on jetpacks right outside.​
"Well, visahot, this is what people like us do for playtime, I guess..."
Of course, his and Rawnie's playtime was quite a bit more... strenuous, sometimes. He knew which one he preferred.​

Kay-Larr

[member="Doctor Azure"] [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Kay raised a brow as the Chiss entered her section. What was he doing here? She had only come across him a couple of times and it was still undetermined as to who's side he was on. His own of course, but how did that relate to her? In any case things were quieter now. So she turned her attention back to the duels. Wow. These people could give Tiali a run for his money when it came to flying with a jet pack.

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
'Like us' he said. She wasn't sure if he was referring to him and her, or people like him, whatever that could mean. The list was endless. As for rawnie, she'd never seen this sort of entertainment. Entertainment was for the privileged, those who could afford the time to demand to be entertained. People who were decisively not her. She took a seat next to him. Playtime. Sure.

"My definition of playtime is a little different Cyar'ika."

She let her gaze wander, noticing someone watching her lover, but then she looked away. Why?

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor smirked as he caught the simple movement of Lady Kay's head to look at him. He knew the woman was weary of him, if not actually afraid. To her, he was likely a loose end, an accomplice who had possibly been compensated less than was smart. Not that she could do anything to him, even here on Commenor. It'd be awkward for her to try and arrest two fully-armed, battle-hardened, bounty hunters when they could probably kill a large number of her guards before any sort of subduing happened. He turned back to Rawnie.​
"Well, it's the kind of thing I might've hopped in on right around when I met Zandra. False modesty aside, I probably would've had a fair chance of winning."
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom