Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fair Means or Foul [Open]

[SIZE=22pt]Commenor[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=22pt]Anteluma[/SIZE]​
Through fair means or foul, it did not matter, Lilli had found a way off Corellia. At least she was out of that toxic environment and able to breath fresh air once more. Her cough that she had developed had gone and she felt better physically as well and in her mind. It had been an arrow escape, too many people on her home planet in despair and desperate, and turning to all sorts of crime to simply get by. Lilli had managed to scrounge some credits together and buy a ticket on a shuttle to Anteluma.

It was her day off, having secured a job in a small Café as a waitress, she lived off the tips and what little her boss deemed to pay her, but it was enough .. for now. She decided to go and watch the swoopdueling, for something different, and to take in more this city. Anteluma is home to many sporting events and this was just another. The events are good for business in the small Café, the patrons filing out of the arenas, looking to food or whatever, always come and most are drunk and pay well in tipping.

Entering through the main gate, Lilli checks her ticket for her seat. There are many people about hustling and bustling their way around before the game begins, some carrying trays of ale others food and all are vying to squeeze into a small passageway to the upper levels of the arena. Lilli makes her way slowly among the sea of people, going with the flow of the traffic until she sees the sign indicating her bay. It is only twenty minutes before the dueling begins, not that she cared if she missed the start of it.

[member="Doctor Azure"] | [member="Nierce"]

Commenor... Not exactly a honeymoon spot, but the sport planet was pretty enough... The real reason Lor and Rawnie were here, however, was because the Chiss had built a one-of-a-kind swoop bike on request for one of the contestants. As much as he wanted the money (and the show... swoop duels are awesome), however, he also wanted to know just how the hell somebody had tracked the two of them to Naboo to give him this job in the first place.​
At least the job itself hadn't been that hard. And this delivery was relatively easy. There was a private landing pad for the Bluebird and everything. And a paid hotel room. Lor hadn't expected that. He'd brought Rawnie up there with him, so they could sit down and rest a little before they went to the swoop arena.​
"This place is kind of cool... I've never been here before."
[member="Lilli Sinopi"] [member='Rawnie Tal'verda'] [member='Nierce']​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Seaweed. Thank the stars for whoever decided to drag this nasty green plant out of the oceans of Naboo and use it for food! It was just what Rawnie needed to settle her stomach. She found that when she had a seaweed smoothie right before eating, she was able to keep down her meal most of the time. She didn't feel half as weak now that she was eating again! Even if the seaweed from any other planet but Naboo seemed to taste like salty leafs.

She sat down on the edge of the bed, quietly drinking the green mush through a straw.

"It's alright. I liked Naboo better though."

[member="Doctor Azure"][member="Lilli Sinopi"]

A smile was almost permanently spread across Lor's face as he watched Rawnie drink her smoothie. He was lying on the bed, but he scooted over to put his arm around her waist and hold her hand. Just the fact that she was feeling well enough to eat pretty much normally the last few days made him happy.​
"Naboo is definitely nicer, but this place is a techie's dream. All sorts of adrenaline-crazed people with modded prosthetics, specialized vehicles... People will drool over my tech. Just not on it. I'll punch whoever does that."
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
He was so cute when he was excited. Like a child who wanted to show off their first bow. She wished she knew what he was like as a child. She imagined a cute little blue genius in an oversized coat. Well, he wore the coat so often, it was hard to imagine him ever not owning it, honestly.

"Well, as long as you're happy, I don't mind. As long as we can keep getting these-" she shook the half finished smoothie, "Then I will follow you where ever you want to go."

And that was the truth. She'd promised to, hadn't she? Anywhere he went, she would go too. Until death took one of them, and the other couldn't follow.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Rawnie meant what she said. Lor knew that she actually would follow him anywhere. He'd do the same. Into battle, into unfamiliar territory, into familiar territory (like their bed)... anywhere. He sat up and nuzzled her shoulder a bit, pulling her into his lap.​
"And I will always follow you around to tease you, visahot. I also bought a huge crate of those seaweed things. I like eating the spicy ones."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
"Ew. The spicy ones? They are all yours, cyar'ika."

She made a face as he pulled her onto his lap, annoyed that he could just pull her around like that. She was so tiny... well. She had her own ways of getting him back for this embarrassment.

"Hey now," she whispered tesingly, reaching behind her to stroke his face, "is that a blaster in your pocket, or are you just eager to say good morning?"

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Sprinting up to the gate, cigarette clenched in his mouth, he went to step through before quickly being stopped by a large, slightly intimidating guard. "Excuse me! Can I see your ticket, please?" The guard asked, patiently waiting as he extended his hand, waiting to examine the ticket. Glancing around nervously, the reporter shot the camera man behind him an irritated glare, before turning back to the guard, removing the cigarette from his mouth for a moment.

"Sir, please! I just need inside and I'll be outta here! The name is Eire Saf'Voak, I'm sure you know of me. I'm a very, very, very skilled reporter. I assure you." Flashing an arrogant grin, he spun around, straightening the neck of his black suit, proceeding to walk over to the gate. "Sir, ticket please!" The guard shouted.

With a sigh, the reporter spun back around, stalking over to the guard. "Are you a karking idiot!? Are you karking incompetent!? I'm THE Eire Saf'Voak! Clearly, you are too incompetent to work here! Now...let me the kark in, alright? My superior intellect and charisma should've gave you the notion to let me the kark inside!" Eire barked, inhaling thick, grey cigarette smoke. The guard stared blankly at the reporter. "Ticket, please."

With a sigh, Eire quickly shuffled through his pockets, quickly glancing up at the guard. "Uhm...how much does a ticket cost?" Eire asked, obviously nervous as sweat dripped from his forehead. "Sir, I'm afraid we're sold out. No ticket, no entry." The guard replied, shaking his head in frustration. "How much WOULD a ticket cost? If...If a ticket was still available?" Eire glanced around nervously, staring at his camera man.

"An admission ticket sold for three credits on the holonet, sir." The guard added. Quickly, Eire dove into his pockets, producing five credits, tossing them to the guard inside the booth. "Please, please! Just...I'm paying extra! I really need this story, man!" The pleading reporter proceeded to beg for admission into the event, before continuing to speak. "I really need this story!" He added once again.

With a sigh and a shake of his head, the guard slowly glanced up. "Fine! You can go inside! Just...please, extinguish that cigarette." With a wicked grin, Eire nodded, spinning on the heels of his black dress shoes in the direction of his backwards hat wearing camera man. Taking his cigarette in between his index finger and thumb, he handed it to his camera man. "Steve, throw that in the ash tray, real fast! Come on! We ain't got all karkin' day!" Eire shouted, watching in satisfaction as his camera man took the cigarette, extinguishing it in a nearby ash tray.

Quickly, the two sprinted into the arena, quickly spinning around and running up a row of stairs. His gaze falling upon [member="Lilli Sinopi"], he quickly rushed over, tapping her on the shoulder. "Uhm...excuse me. I am Eire Saf'Voak. An EXCELLENT reporter. I'm sure you feel honored to be even speaking to me...and if you don't, well...you should. So anyway, can you please just say some garbage on camera? It don't gotta be true, you just need to say it, we'll edit it, and all will be good! Yeah?"

His cameraman quickly adjusting his hat, he shook his head several times. "Eire! We don't even got a microphone! We were just gonna film the duel! We ain't prepared for this, man!" His camera man nearly shouted over the cheering crowd, a nervous expression on his face. "Just...shut the kark up, Steve! We'll get to the duel! Now, just do your job, and shut your mouth!" Obviously irritated, Eire turned back to the woman, removing his circular, red lens sunglasses, revealing his blue eyes. "So, whaddya say? Can you just say something?"

[member="Lilli Sinopi"]

Well, Lor had annoyed Rawnie a little bit somehow. Probably with the pulling bit. She really liked to be the one to pull him around, he'd figured out. She'd miscalculated a little bit this time, though. Her teasing wasn't bothering him, as he'd pretty much planned to use the hotel's rather oversized bed to full effect. He answered her whisper with the same tone.​
"Well, I can't say good morning now, but we're on a bed, aren't we?"

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
His whisper made a shiver run up her spine. Damn him. She hated that he could just do that. Lower his voice, whisper in her ear, make her weak. Made her angry. And something else entirely. Excited.
She growled and made her move, rolling off of him to grab his hands around the wrist and pin him down on the bed. Once he was down, she could climb on top of him, straddle him, make him suffer.

"You really wanna play this game, Lor'ika?"

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Wow, did Rawnie manage to pin him down... Lor couldn't move his arms at all. Not that he really wanted to. Too much of his brain was occupied with grinning up at his fiancee like an idiot. He tried to shake his glasses off his face, but just managed to skew them. Oh well.​
"Are you kidding? I love this game, Nahn vit."
Snow cat was definitely an apt description for her right now. Rawnie was definitely feeling at least a little bit better if she could do this.​
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
That was the answer she'd been waiting for. It was hard not to smile a little when he skewed his glasses. It was charming to say the least. She liked when he was just a little disheveled. He looked so... boyish. Young. Sometimes she forgot that they were young.
She hissed slightly as she lowered herself over him, her lips going right to his neck. Little kisses up his collarbone, light as the patter of rain. She liked to lower him into a false sense of security before she attacked.

Almost out of nowhere, she sunk her teeth into his neck.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

In the arena stands sat a solitary individual. Solitary in the sense that she had picked a place that people were unlikely to sit so that she didn't have to spend the entire time having someone cram their elbow into her rib cage. She didn't like physical contact. She didn't want anyone touching her unless she absolutely had to allow it, for medical reasons or something of that nature. It was this desire for solitude that led her to wear her black robe with red trim even when there was no need of it. Her other garb was sufficient enough.

As she sat in the stands, she contemplated why she was even there. Sure, she'd disappeared from the OS a while back, but why was she on Commenor of all places? The answer was obvious, especially because here she was hiding her Force alignment deep within herself where no one would surely find it would digging for it. The lightsiders were on Commenor, and if she was to grow the Resistance, she would need like minded individuals.

She could already feel a few with strong Force signatures, and she was certain that when she came here she would find someone to help her. She just needed to be patient. Time would tell.

[member="Lilli Sinopi"] [member="Doctor Azure"] [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] [member="Eire Saf'Voak"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Senator Kay didn't need to pay for her ticket to the swoopduels, but she did so anyways. Still she took her spot in the private booth that was designated for officials and VIP's. There was a reason that Kay was there. And it wasn't just for the entertainment value. She was looking for people with specific skills. Word was spreading about her missions against the Hutt Cartel. Many of the slaves she had rescued found their homes here. The economy was doing well, due to the many trade contracts, warehouses and factories. There were no scab wages on Commenor. It was almost a perfect place. Almost. As with many planets in the Republic and elsewhere, there was always the threat of invasion by it's enemies.

| [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Nierce"] |

Alicia Drey was sat in the VIP booth, that was overlooking the sporting event below. She had never heard of Swoopdueling before that day. Her choice of game, if she ever decided to entertain herself in the divulge in a bit of gambling, was Pazaak; and that required no real physical exercise at all, unless you was trying to escape a dealer who thought you were cheating or a player, who had just lost and looked mean about it.

Why was Alicia Drey at Commenor? It was simple. A single Acavus-class bulk cruiser was nearby, unloading the grain that had been collected over the course of summer. It was a transaction between Chandrila Group and the nearby, local authorities. In return for her efforts, as a reward for being a Humanitarian/Alienitarian, Alicia had been given seats to watch the recent events.

She had decided to come, whilst the Acavus was being unloaded, to help pass the time. Besides, it paid to keep up appearances.

You never knew who you might see or meet.

There was the feeling she was looking for.

Well, in a sense. It wasn't a feeling that she'd been looking for so much as it was the feeling of being tugged to move. She wanted to sit and watch the duels, and she felt like she was being tugged in two directions, but there was definitely one tug, at the moment, that was drawing her more than any of the others was. So she stood and started moving through the stands, allowing that tug to guide her along through the crowds, though she made extra special sure not to touch any of them. She couldn't touch them. She just couldn't.

As she neared the VIP section she was stopped by a couple of guards. Fortunately they weren't droids, so she applied a very small, very slight manipulation of the Force that could be performed by anyone with a rudimentary Force knowledge, and tricked them into believing she had seats in the VIP section. She didn't truly know why she was doing this.

Not until she walked inside and saw Alicia Drey.

Yes, she knew who the woman was. A merchant, to be exact. Among other things, though she chose to ignore anything else she'd found. Merchants were useful when you needed equipment. The Prometheus Latch was a very capable ship, capable of more than most ships were, but she needed supplies for not just herself. She moved over and settled into a seat just a bit behind the woman. She took note of the presence of a prominent Republic senator as well. Interesting.

"I don't quite understand the purpose of these jousts. Seems more barbaric than races. Makes me think of the gangs on Taris, and they aren't very entertaining."

[member="Alicia Drey"] [member="Lady Kay"]

[member="Nierce"] | [member="Alicia Drey"] | [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"] | [member="Doctor Azure"] | [member="Eire Saf'Voak"]
Having been suddenly approached by a very strange man and what appeared to be his camera man, Lilli looked at him with surprise before she burst out laughing. "What I have got to say that would be of any interest?", she smiled. "And I .. I am not sure I want to be on camera, besides .. who are you? and what is this for?".

She looked around noticing that most of the people are filing up to their seats, "I really must be getting to my seat", she added hoping to get away from the guy. Not that she was shy or nervous of him or being on camera, but still this was .. odd.

She looked over the people in the bay, most of which are not of her type, shall we say. Lilli having grown up in a house of nobility was used to a finer life style. Even though she had fallen on hard times, totally due to Corellia being destroyed, she still had the old ways in her and longed to have them back.

"I need to go", she said pointing to the VIP door way. She did not have a ticket for the VIP lounge, but somehow she would find one. Then she noticed a small family dressed all refined and making their way to the VIP doorway. "Excuse me", she said to the guy, before she made her way to the family. Walking at a steady pace toward them, Lilli 'bumped' into the man, as she did so, she replaced one of his tickets with her own.

"I am so sorry", she said to the main, "Silly me I must watch where I am going". This slight of hand skill you has learned .. very quickly, on Corellia. It was the way she had managed to scrounge credits to leave. With her newly acquired ticket, Lilli entered the VIP lounge and made her way to the upper levels.

Lor grinned as Rawnie dropped down on him, expecting a kiss... Though not of the sort he got. Just as he was beginning to relax, she bit him and he grabbed onto her tightly, with a little bit of a chuckle.​
"Never the same way twice, huh?"
He removed his glasses and gently dropped them on the side table next to the bed. He wouldn't be needing them right now.​
[member="Lilli Sinopi"] [member="Nierce"] [member="Alicia Drey"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
His hands slipped out of her grasp while she was busy biting him. He didn't seem to mind the biting though. Not that he ever did protest much when she got rough. She knew how he liked it. It was all a game. She glanced up from where she was leaving a little trail of bites up his neck leading to his ear, watching him remove his glasses. Good. Would be a shame if they got damaged during what she had planned.

"Of course not," she answered with a growl in her voice, lips right against his ear, "A good wife can keep things interesting."

Her hands ran up his face, over the birthmarks on his cheek. She loved the little imperfections he had on his skin. They reminded her of freckles. Freckles were rare where she came from, so they were considered a thing of beauty when they were found on a person. His weren't exactly freckles, but she still thought they made him look quite handsome.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor turned his head to kiss Rawnie, rolling her over to his side and pulling her as close as he could. Her hands were soft, as always, even though she was being a little rough. He never could figure that out. Maybe it was because she was usually wearing gloves.​
"By your standards, then, you're an excellent wife."
Looking at Rawnie's face reminded him of all the pits and scars in her helmet. And the scars she had in other places, too. Like the one on her leg. His hand reached down in that direction and he smiled again. It wasn't like being married meant they had to stop any of this.​
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom