Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fair Means or Foul [Open]

[member="Nierce"]

Had this woman done her research? Alicia Drey had made a variety of contacts over the years. She held joint ownership of a corporation that had supplied nearly every superpower- past and present- with the types of war ships, vehicles and weapons that continued the war to this day. Alicia could even provide the food and water that funded the type of action that this woman was talking about.

This had been the plan. To supply the war effort, so that the war would continue. The war would be used to turn over profit, harm and/or destroy governments and eradicate enemies. Had she finally found a group capable of such acts?

"I will think about it. I know who you are now. I will find you again."

Finally, Alicia turned to face Nierce. "Now smile, thank me and go back to watching the event."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Rawnie gave lorane a sharp look at his suggestion. Like she was going to just cut her hair right there. Of course she'd ask someone in her village to do it for her! With a vibroblade. Naturally.

"You ready?"

She finished lacing up her black leather boots and waited by the door for him.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Smile, thank her, walk away. She would consider the contract. Every fiber of her being ached to press the issue, to secure the deal, but this woman had a lot of money and power and getting on her bad side would serve no one's goals, least of all hers. So she smiled.

"Thank you. I will expect your call."

She stood, and turned, making her way back to her seat. As she walked, she let her eyes drift to Lady Kay and the younger woman with her. Curious those two were. Could they help as well? For the moment she chose to take a seat again, letting fortune, fate, or the Force bring about what will. Better to remain casual given the quick little meeting that she and the other woman had just had.

[member="Alicia Drey"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Lilli Sinopi"]

| [member="Nierce"] |

Clandestine, was her nature. To a room full of people, in front of a crowd full of cheer, adoring fans, it would appear that two women had met, spoke for a little while and then parted ways. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just two girls, who enjoyed a bit of snoopdueling. In reality, an extraordinary event had just occurred. What happened next going to eclipse it.

Lor looked around the room for a bit, and then shrugged on the same suit jacket he'd worn on while they were on Naboo. Damn, had he missed this old thing. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught the look Rawnie gave him.​
"Now I am, visahot. Might wanna put on your helmet, though. We're gonna go for a quick ride on that lovely piece of machinery I'm selling today."
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Rawnie threw her lover another sharp look. They were going to what now? It wasn't that Rawnie didn't like fast things, it was just that in her condition...

"That's a joke, right?"

But she knew it wasn't. With a sigh, she snatched up her helmet. Well, it might at least be fun. And if it was horrible, she could punch him for it later.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor returned Rawnie's glare with a totally innocent look.​
"If you built somebody else something you thought was great, would you really be content with not trying it for yourself at least once?"​
Rather than his own helmet, which he'd left aboard the Bluebird, Lor fit a pair of flight goggles over his glasses and grinned at her. Just the resigned sigh and the fact that she picked up her helmet told him that he was getting his way.​
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]​

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
If Lorane paid attention, he'd realize something very clear; he always got his way, one way or another. Rawnie could play hard, but in the end, she was soft to him. Willing to bend over backwards just to see him smile. She'd never been so accommodating to anybody else. Not ever. That was how she knew he was special.

"Yeah, yeah," she sighed, fiddling with the edge of her helmet, "Just don't crash us, alright? Can't get paid if we're both dead."

[member="Doctor Azure"]

The grin became a bit more teasing as Lor gestured towards his jet boots.​
"Our trump card, m'lady."
He took her hand as he stepped out into the hallway towards the street level where he'd parked the bike.​
[member="Rawnie Tal'verda"]​

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Nierce"]

Looking over her shoulder to see if she had got away with the ruse, it seemed she had. Lilli made her way to the allotted seat, striding up the steps and moving to the VIP area. There are many people here, none of which she knew which was fine with her. After all she did not want to explain her plight to those socialites that she had once mingled with. Her clothes are less than fitting for this place, but she did not care.

Lilli hesitated for a moment, as a lady spoke to her. "Yes, yes it is a nice day for this", she replied not really had she taken in the day or the event. That was of little consequence to her, it was simply a day out to get away from the Cafe. She looked around the immediate area, and noted a hooded woman who seemed to be looking their way, she gave her a smile and a slight nod of recognition before turning her attention back to the lady.

"Hello, I am Lilli, it is nice to meet you", she said thinking that their was no reason not to speak to the woman. "Do you live on Commenor?", she asked, just small talk but manners are a must with Lilli. It is her upbringing after all.

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
Good. Rawnie smiled and let out a light sigh. It was fine. She trusted him. At least, she trusted that he wouldn't do anything reckless. She reached out for his hand and followed his out of the hotel room and down to the lower levels.

"Alright. Let's see this masterpiece of yours."

Nervous as she was, Rawnie did like tech, especially his. She was almost as excited to see it as he was to show it.

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Lor grinned and grabbed Rawnie's hand. It wasn't always fun to show off the things he made, but with her it usually was. He walked with her until they reached the bright red swoop he'd left on the curb a few hours earlier.​
"There! Just hope it flies as well as it runs on the ground."

Rawnie Tal'verda

Tal'Verda Aliit'buir
"She's beautiful."

The blond smiled, running a hand over the shiny red paint job. It was a bit flamboyant, but then, her lover hardly did anything halfway. He seemed to like things a bit flashy. Made her wonder what he was even doing with someone like her. She was so... plain.

"I love seeing the things you come up with, you know that?"

[member="Doctor Azure"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Lilli Sinopi"] [member="Nierce"] [member="Alicia Drey"]

It was a bit surprising that Lilli was unaware of Kay's position. But not everyone paid attention to the holonews. Some people had better things to do with their time. Kay certainly did. And there's been many times where she didn't find out about attacks against the Republic until later. Thankfully nothing has been brought out to Commenor as of yet.

"Lovely to meet you too, Miss Lilli. I am Lady Kay, Senator for Commenor. I do live here when I am not at the Senate or doing other work. What is it that you do?"

She'd caught the gaze of the younger woman, only briefly, and she allowed a twinkle to enter her eye, just something to perhaps entice the young woman into conversation. Then she'd turned her attention away from both Lilli and Lady Kay both. The latter was a potential threat to her, so she made sure to keep her signature locked down. It wouldn't do any good for people to know that a Sith was walking around among them, even if that Sith wasn't trying to harm them.

As she sat, she was approached by various others curious about her conversation with Alicia or offering drinks. The latter she waved away, and the former she indicated they were just old acquaintances promising to see each other again. Simple, but effective.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Lilli Sinopi"] [member="Alicia Drey"]

Kay-Larr

Kay would take a peek at those nearby while she conversed. She had to be careful afterall and it didn't seem as though she was the only one on guard. She had no problems with the Sith, having been married to a Dark Lord before his untimely death. And many of them helped her on her missions. The Republic was sure to disagree with her, however and she knew that the Minister of Intelligence was seeking an agent to tail her.

She then returned her attention to the young lady beside her.

| [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Nierce"] | [member="Lilli Sinopi"] |

Alicia turned around, resting her bottom/lower back on the railing, that overlooked the crowds and the Snoopdueling event. The Rodian speeder vs. Mandalorian and his jet pack had ended in an Mandalorian victory. As the new competitors prepared to enter the arena, Alicia would use the brief respite to join the conversation.

"Hello, Senator."

Resting her hazel eyes on Lady Kay, Alicia said. "Do you mind if we spoke? I'm sure you would... Be enticed by a conversation with someone who had recently gotten close with Sempra the Hutt, no?"

Kay-Larr

Of course what Alicia said had caught her attention. This was rather peculiar. Someone with an association with the Cartel had found their way to the planet she represented. Well there were others that she allowed to ship their wares through Commenor, but those were people that she had invited.

"I'm interested....Everyone knows of my meddling with the Republic's ally. What is it that you'd like to speak about?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

"I run shipments to the Hutt Cartel. These shipments contain foodstuffs. I am a Humanitarian and Alieniatarian. People are starving and they need food, so I provide it. I run a series of farms on Chandrila, where I grow and cultivate grains, vegetables and livestock. The Cartel, just like the Republic, needs to be fed and so, in return for a tidy sum, I ship them foodstuffs which they use to feed themselves and their slaves."

"I know that you have opposed the Cartel's slave laws and have even taken that a step further, by freeing them. I can see the good behind that, but I question your methods. For each slave freed, another is killed. It's a vicious cycle, born out of the Cartel's dirty ways."

"And this is where I round up my pitch. If you want to talk, then you can get in touch with me. Chandrila Group is the name of my corporation. Keep in mind that I am not a charity. Money is my form of language."

Perhaps this was what Lady Kay had been looking for. Someone who had access to the Hutt Cartel, who ran shipments in their space. Someone who was eager to help people. Hell, Alicia Drey's Acavus bulk cruiser was nearby, unloading foodstuffs to the people of Commenor.

Alicia didn't pretend to know what Kay really wanted. Everyone had an ulterior motive. She would learn that, in time. It all depended on whether or not she took a bite of the cake that Alicia had been serving; and that cake happened to be the Hutt Cartel. Her stance was simple: take it or leave it. Couldn't be anything more simple.

Lor nodded and squeezed one of the hands Rawnie was running over the bike. He sat sideways in the leathery seat and smiled warmly at his fiancee.​
"And I love watching your reactions, Rawnie... Judging by this one, I think I know what my wedding gift for you is gonna be."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom