Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To whip up a quick light turbolaser in order to replace an archived one for another writer who used it in their submissions.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions:
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Anti-Ray Shield Light Turbolaser
  • Beam Color/Appearance: Magenta - Coruscating Visual Texture
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Light
  • Ammunition Type: Tibanna Gas
  • Ammunition Capacity: Average
  • Effective Range: Average
  • Rate of Fire: Average
  • Damage Output: Average
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Anti-Reflection: The bolts fired by the Chromofly are encased in a relatively weak electromagnetic field by design. As such, they immediately destabilize upon impact, yielding an explosion in the process that prevents reflection by Xythan Force and similar reactive shielding technologies.
  • Anti-Ray Shield: The energized plasma beams fired by the turbolaser possess a rare energy frequency, lending them the capability of bypassing ray shields. However, they can be intercepted by Molecular, Xythan Force, Arkanian, and Verpine shields.
WEAKNESSES
  • Heat Management: The persistent demands of cooling and heat management make the Chromofly a slower firing weapon over a sustained period than its cyclic rate of fire would suggest. As such, the weapon is typically fired in short bursts, but long bursts are possible at the cost of a longer and more demanding heat discharge cycle, during which it can not be fired for a set period of time, especially after a long salvo.
  • EMP/Ion Overload: EMP and Ion discharges with a large enough power quotient and of a close enough detonation proximity can overload the turbolaser’s systems and defenses, rendering it unable to fire for some time.
  • High Recoil: The Chromofly’s high recoil slightly lowers its sustained/effective rate of fire, especially over longer ranges, as the gyro-stabilization systems must compensate for high levels of kick between shots or salvos.
DESCRIPTION
The FAE/SW-04 “Chromofly” Light Turbolaser was developed by First United Astral Engineering in response to the need for an in-house light turbolaser design. Like most, if not all energy weapon designs produced by First United Astral Engineering, the Chromofly fires magenta bolts, owing to a unique mixture of tibanna gas utilized by the company. In more practical effects, the bolts fired by the Chromofly possess a rare energy frequency which allows them to potentially bypass ray shields. They are also encased by a relatively weak containment field by design, preventing reflection or reactive strikes by reactive shield technologies, as the bolts will explode upon impact.

All in all, with these systems and idiosyncrasies incorporated into the weapon, the designers of the Chromofly have high expectations for its performance as a light anti-capital and heavy vehicle weapon in the modern battlespace.

Last edited:
Those are mostly just fluff terms to justify the idiosyncrasies of the design. The first two are pretty much standard features of a turbolaser, which I couldn't begin to explain since I don't know how most of the tech actually works in a galaxy far, far away. The last is basically because I thought it would be fun to make a turbolaser that shoots pink bolts.

Matthew Locke Matthew Locke

Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

I apologize, something came to my attention after I approved the submission.

Sonic Sensor (Unable to Penetrate Stealth Technology)

We only allow articles from Wookiepeida, any Chaos approved submissions, and the normal Wikipedia (as long as it pertains to the submission). If you could please find the Wookiepeida link for this, or just remove the link it'd be much appreciatied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom