Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech FAE/NUO-02 "Kas'im" Plasma Blade Organ

Status
Not open for further replies.
ymidZ5W.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer:
  • Affiliation:
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: FAE/NUO-02 “Kas’im” Plasma Blade Organ
  • Modularity: Yes
    • May be Implanted in Bio-Organic Nuetralizers
    • Compatible with Organic and Software (Oversight Bio-Computer) Modifications
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material:
    • Vong Biot Tissue
    • Misc. Organic Plasma Blade Components
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Weaponized Organ - Class-D Plasma Sword (Equivalent to a Lightsaber)
  • Size: Large
    • Blade Length: Up to 130 cm
  • Weight: Very Light
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Various Organic Systems
    • Variable Power Output
    • Variable Blade Length, Shape, and Width
    • Oversight Bio-Computer
    • Tibanna Gas Synthesis Organ - Derived from Beldon Biology
      • Tibanna Gas Cell / Organic Capacitor Hybrid Organ
  • Blade Modules
    • Plasma - The primary module, utilizes nonharmonic plasma that creates a Class-D disruptor-like blade, capable of disrupting atomic bonds and vaporizing parts of a target on impact.
    • Electrical - The electrical module infuses a powerful electrical charge into the plasma, at the slight expense of raw cutting power. However, this setting is still quite lethal, as it is designed to convey a powerful electrical charge upon impact, which has the potential to inflict gruesome electrical burn injuries, "fry" organic beings inside and out, and even potentially setting targets on fire outright.
    • Ionic - The ionic module infuses additional ionized charge into the plasma, making it more effective against droids and cyborgs. On impact, the ionic energy can potentially disrupt shields and shut down electronics, while still remaining exceptionally effective against organic targets.
STRENGTHS
  • Different Ways to Kill - The Kas’im has three different modules that can be switched from one to another on the fly. This affords the weapon a very high degree of versatility, allowing the user to choose the module best suited to the demands of the engagement.
  • Cutting Power - Virtually the match of a lightsaber, the FAE/NUO-02's energized, nonharmonic plasma blade gives the weapon superb cutting power via the disruption of atomic bonds. The Kas'im is effectively a Class-D disruptor in bladed form, the energized blade can potentially vaporize parts of a target on impact, affording the weapon incredible cutting power. Most, if not at all infantry-grade armors are of little hindrance to the blade.
  • Defensive Utility - The FAE/NUO-02's blade is capable of blocking a lightsaber for a limited time, at risk of its tibanna gas supplies being drained at a faster rate. It can also reflect or deflect blaster fire.
WEAKNESSES
  • Run Time - The Kas’im can only remain active for 10 minutes, before the tibanna synthesis organ must recharge its gas supplies. This period can be shorter if the blade makes contact with a lightsaber or a blaster bolt, at which point it will "leak" tibanna gas, until contact ceases. When emptied, it can take up to 10 minutes for the empty tibanna gas banks to recharge back to full capacity. In addition, switching from one module to another generally takes no less than 10 seconds.
  • Dependent Power - The organ does not include its own source of power. Should the host Nuetralizer’s bio-reactor be compromised or the organ’s connection severed, the blade will immediately fail to function.
  • Alpha Red - Alpha Red toxin can kill the organ, likely causing extreme bleeding, liquefaction, and a host of other deleterious effects.
  • Vong Tissue - The organ is allergic to Baffor tree pollen, due to it being constructed out of Vong Biot tissue, much like the crab armor worn by the Yuuzhan Vong. Naturally, exposure to this substance can be fatal or deadly to various degrees, for both the organ itself and the Nuetralizer, as well.
DESCRIPTION
The energized alternative to the Nuetralizer Claws, the FAE/NUO-02 "Kas'im" Energy Blade Organ is a derivation of Vong technology, based on the plasma eel. The organ, which is located in the hands of the host Nuetralizer or HRD, produces the equivalent of an energy sword, albeit one with multiple modules that imbue the blade's plasma with a range of effects. These include an ionized mode for engaging cyborgs and droids, an electrical setting that imparts an electrical charge on impact, and the standard plasma setting which slashes targets in much the same manner as a typical energy sword. However, among its weaknesses are a limited run time, a vulnerability to Alpha Red and Baffor tree pollen, and the fact that the organ does not have a power source of its own. Nevertheless, the Kas'im is anticipated to be a highly effective asset for House Io's Bio-Organic Nuetralizers, giving them a reliable plasma blade to enhance their lethality in melee and close-quarters combat.

Last edited:
Mellifluous Magenta Mellifluous Magenta

I'll be picking up this submission for review. I see that you have made some adjustments to your original submission, however, I'm afraid there is still a lot of work that needs to be done on this submission before we can let it through.

Lightsaber

Production: Mass-Produced

This submission is effectively a lightsaber, let's not try to obscure that fact. It is a plasma energy blade that is able of "slashing through targets via extreme heat and raw energy". While the wookie article does state that they are considered distinct, for the purposes of Chaos they are not. It has the same offensive and defensive qualities. This means you CANNOT submit a lightsaber or energy sword at Mass-produced. They must be submitted at semi-unique or unique. You were informed of this before, but have not made the change, but it will need to be adjusted before we can move on.

The Blade

The descriptions you provide make it seem like this is a pure energy blade rather than a solid blad like the Velmorian Energy Swords. If that is the case, then how do you take plasma, which uses heat and energy output and turn it into a what you describe as a "Cryogenic energy sword." This would appear to be a contradiction since you specifically state that
The cryogenic module freezes the blade’s plasma to ultra-cold temperatures via cryogenized tibanna.
Do you have any canon or real-world examples to support the idea that both plasma and tibanna can be frozen like this since it doesn't appear to hold up even under the loose definition of science that we treat Star Wars with. Even lightsaber crystals don't freeze the lightsaber's blade.,

Electrical - The electrical module infuses a powerful electrical charge into the plasma. At its standard output, this setting has lethal potential, as it conveys a powerful electrical charge upon impact, which is liable to inflict gruesome electrical burn injuries, internal hydrostatic shock pressure waves / tissue disruption, and even potentially setting targets on fire outright.

While treating the blade with an electrical charge can cause electrical burns, and even set a target on fire electrostatic shock is caused by the pressure waves of a fast-moving projectile passing through the body. can you provide some evidence to support your claim that an enetrical shock would do the same?

Could you also soften the language here, from liable to phrasing like "potentially able", liable has the implication of it will cause this damage, and on Chaos it is the defender who has full control of the damage taken.

Different Ways to Kill - The Kas’im has four different modules that can be switched from one to another on the fly. This affords the weapon a very high degree of versatility, allowing the user to choose the module best suited to the demands of the engagement.

How quickly does the active module change? How long is the recharge period? Can more than one be active at the same time? Right now this seems a little prone to abuse, so I'd like to see a little more details about this put into the submission. Particularyl in the form of weaknesses.

Power and Users

You state that:

Dependent Power - The organ does not include its own source of power. Should the host Nuetralizer’s bio-reactor be compromised or the organ’s connection severed, the blade will immediately fail to function.

However, earlier in the submission you state that it can be used by a HRD and controlled by technological means:

• May be Implanted in Bio-Organic Nuetralizers and/or HRDs
  • Compatible with Organic, Cybernetic, and Software Modifications

How exactly is this control and power achieved considering this is a biological organ?

There is a lot here, so please read through it and tag me back when you've adjusted the submission accordingly.

Change Log:
  • Set Production to [Semi-Unique]
  • Changed Classification to "Plasma Blade" - Removed References to Velmorian Energy Swords
  • Restored Select Content from a Previous Version of the Submission
  • Edited Language in Electrical Module
  • Expanded Defensive Utility Strength
  • Added Cutting Power Strength
  • Added Module Switch Time
  • Modified Run Time Weakness
I changed the classification a plasma sword, with an additional note that it's somewhat equivalent to a lightsaber. I hope that makes it clear that this a pure energy blade.

As for the cryogenic module, that was just an alternative to using miniaturized Omega Frost, which I had in the previous version of this submission. I don't have a scientific or canon explanation for that.

For the last part, I am slightly confused by the control thing. I guess the idea is that this is more a biotechnical weapon, than anything else. The Nuetralizer just...controls it directly, I guess. There aren't really any buttons of something of that nature. It's kind of used the same way a super battle droid might fire its wrist lasers, but obviously this is an organic process.

Also, this is ready for Live.

John Locke John Locke AMCO AMCO

This is much better. Thank you for addressing my points.

The two outstanding points are the cryogenic module and the control thing which I will address below.

Cryogenic Module

There is no canon equivalent to this module, but more importantly, Plasma can't be frozen like this. According to Wikipedia

"Plasma temperature, commonly measured in kelvin or electronvolts, is a measure of the thermal kinetic energy per particle. High temperatures are usually needed to sustain ionization, which is a defining feature of a plasma. The degree of plasma ionization is determined by the electron temperature relative to the ionization energy (and more weakly by the density). In thermal equilibrium, the relationship is given by the Saha equation. At low temperatures, ions and electrons tend to recombine into bound states—atoms[33]—and the plasma will eventually become a gas."

I understand what you're attempting to do, but this isn't how the technology works, an alternative which is used in lightsabers is to channel the force through a Permafrost Crystal. Is that an option here?

Control

That's fine, I was wondering because you mentioned that it is compatible with cybernetics and software upgrades how that actually worked? A biological module like this wouldn't necessarily have much of a connection to electronics and particular software which is why I'm asking.

Change Log:
  • Removed Cryogenic Module and Associated Components
  • Added "Oversight Bio-Computer" (Reference to Software Modifications)
  • Removed Cybernetic Modifications from Modularity
I think that covers it, but let me know if anything else is required. Thank you for helping me with this.

John Locke John Locke

That looks great thank you.

One of the factory staff did come up with a possible idea for the organ, if you want to keep the cryogenic element of the blade which would be cryoban, or ionised cryban held within the magnetic field.

I thought I'd offer it if you're interested in keeping that element in the sub, otherwise I'm happy to approve it as it sits. Please let me know

I had a few ideas floating around about how to make it work, but I'd rather flesh them out in their own tech submission and possibly add it to this one at a later date as a modification, since the explanation might get too long-winded to try and tack on to this one right away. Thank you for the suggestion though and I'll keep that in mind in case I come back to it!

John Locke John Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom