Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech FAE/I-02 Hypernervous Reaction System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a reflex enhancement.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions:
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Nervous System Augmentation
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Very Light
  • Resistances: N/A
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Power Systems
  • Primary Systems
  • Primary Information
    • Replaces much of the nervous system with light transmission Neuromesh.
    • Pares down reaction times to frames that can be measured in attoseconds, allowing for effectively instantaneous reflexes.
    • Enhanced reaction times improve fine motor control, allowing the subject to carry out ultraprecise tasks within tighter timeframes.
    • Enhances mental processing speeds.
    • The bio-synthetic nervous regulation system can pare down or deactivate the Neuromesh as needed.
STRENGTHS
  • Overdrive - By expediting the speed of information transmission in the nervous system, the FAE/I-02 vastly enhances the subject’s reaction times, mental processing speeds, and fine motor control.
WEAKNESSES
  • Mind Over Matter - The FAE/I-02 improves the subject’s reflexes, but it does not improve pure physical speed. In many cases, newly-augmented subjects may find that their mind now moves significantly faster than their body. This can be dizzying, as these subjects may also perceive themselves as moving in slow motion. As such, it is not uncommon for newly-augmented individuals to tear muscles, ligaments, and tendons, or even break bones while attempting to force their body to keep up.
  • Feverish Frenzy - Overuse of the FAE/I-02 at its higher settings can cause exhaustion in a subject. There is also a risk of the subject going into pyrexia due to excess metabolic heat.
DESCRIPTION
The FAE/I-02 Hypernervous Reaction System is a total conversion nervous system augmentation designed to enhance the subject’s reaction time, fine motor control, and mental processing capabilities. The system achieves this by replacing most of the subject’s nervous system with Neuromesh—a specialized biocircuitry which accelerates action potentials.

While the FAE/I-02 is anticipated to see use by a wide range of clientele, it does come with a host of potential side effects. For one, the increase in mental processing capabilities can lead to high levels of anxiety. In addition, as the system does nothing to improve pure physical speed, many subjects will find that their mind moves significantly faster than their body. This can lead to disorientation, depersonalization-derealization disorders, and even physical injury, should an individual push their body beyond its physical limits. Furthermore, the augmentation generates waste heat when used, thereby increasing metabolic temperatures which may lead to pyrexia. Finally, the system can cause exhaustion and extensive use of it will significantly increase an individual’s caloric requirements.

In spite of these side effects, the FAE/I-02 Hypernerous Reaction System is hoped to represent a new frontier in reflex-enhancing augmentations, using a technology that First United Astral Engineering honed in previous projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom