Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factions

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
I get where you're at. And Canon is great, and always has a place in my heart. But when you're playing it yourself, its fun to bring all sorts of things into effect. I like seeing the rise and fall of factions, and see what factions are going where, and doing what. And I've got my favorites, Fel rose up, I made a character for it. CIS added the Templar, and grabbed me that way.

And the interactions between so many different canon factions run in a fanon fashion makes it fun. I mean, its probably that I've started at the age of like 13 doing an Imperial Remnant/Chiss inspired faction that didn't quite lean completely to canon that I like the newer ideas.

Corey's OOC

Thats the thing! Its something new and different. I never really like the Confederacy in Canon, sure the IDEALS were cool, but you never see that in the films, and I was way too worried on NJO and newer books. There is something out here for everyone to get excited to work with a faction, and thats the coolest bit of the community here. in my opinion.

Trista Nemorra

Darkside Dominatrix
Yea well due to the pirates of the caribbean movies from disney I have become a fan of pirates, I like them since Johnny Depp made it cool to be one. but here its like being a pirate is a new age ideal.. I mean irl pirates help the fuel the slave trade and such [or at least they have in the past anyway], but here we can be anything we want including anti-slavery. not to mention my time away from role play has made me hunger for this type of thing.

I have missed role play that I am now trying to take my alts further into their ever expanding stories just to be able to get that addictive high from writing new and spectacular adventures with them, and creating them to be something else entirely is giving me something I needed to continue with certain alts.. so yea. some factions my alts are now a part of are hitting the role play niche for me enough to wanna advance them moreso into furthering their stories.

Corey's OOC

But its green! Yeah, I think probably a big part of me always has liked it. I enjoy freedom of systems, unless they're Imperial. I've always disliked the Republic and always loved the Empire/Remnants. I'm an oddball

And yes! @[member="Trista Nemorra"] with Star Wars there are so many in betweens with the shades of grey. Good pirates, bad pirates, slavers, hunters, smugglers. Its awesome!

I still think, that the Republic and Jedi Order are the best... But yeah, there are so many new, awesome factions which I am afraid to join because... my character's fate is decided and stuff. Though I may start going through different factions, seeing, how much potential they have. :D

I have understood a strange things. I judge factions mostly by their goals, their overall description, achievements... but the most powerful thing which decides my opinion on them is... their main colour. For the Republic, it has always been light blue, for the Sith Empire, red. I picture the Moross Crusade as dark blue, the Confederacy as green, the Omega Pyre as purple, the Fringe as orange/yellow...

I hope I'm not the only one who does that. :D

Trista Nemorra

Darkside Dominatrix
Well as a writer I mainly go for the feeling I obtain while reading about them, if I like them then I will aid or side with them, if I hate them I will do anything in my power to destroy them, and if I love them.. or get a good vibe from them I will join their cause.

I know how this sounds, but you can get feelings for the written words of the author and go with it.. but its just the fact all the factions I have ever been a part of I have either loved or hated of and on over the time I have spent here.

If there were enough people who wanted to play these factions, they would exist. If you think there are, work on gathering them and make a faction. But u can guarantee a hapan or white current faction, if it made it to major, would eventually die off. Like alien factions these factions tend to be too niche to draw mass appeal.

I like your enthusiasm Romeo. And I love cannon because without it we wouldn't be able to create the beautiful stories here on SWRP (to some extent).

However you are talking about something that, quiet frankly, would need to be a galactic event or mini-event at best. Revan is one of the most recognizable characters in the Star Wars EU. Not to mention one of the most powerful, I'll refrain from saying he is the most powerful because everyone disagrees with me but I for one think he is the most powerful. Yes, we don't know what happened to Revan. And yes, it is very easy to come up with some backstory as to how he survived all the way up to this moment of time, which is way after the movies which, in turn, are way after the Old Republic Era. However when you start messing cannon it can irritate people. It can annoy them and they will say things like "But he can't do this because..." or "Well that doesn't fit the story...". It's not them being mean, it's just them following cannon.

Cannon wise, Revan dissapeared. We don't know if he died, became one with the force, or if he used Force Teleportation and went into hiding. We don''t know. And I think that bringing Revan back, even though I think it would be so cool and it would open up so many story possibilities for so many people/factions, would take away from cannon. Why? Because Revan is a mystery at best. Look at his story and tell me if anyone actually knew his name, or if he had any clear paths... the answer will always be no. Revan's story is so questionable at times and him disappearing is the icing on the cake.

So that's my say. Just know, if I could bring back Revan, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Noo Revanchrist is also a group that followed Revan as well. or bring in the Revanites. @[member="Darth Onyx"] I completely agree with you on this. Could I say what happen to Revan? No but id say by now...he's dead man...or at least 3000 years old. I've played the Kotor games. (Watched the TOR played part for Revan) read his book (freaking amazing) Revan coming back would be amazing here...but Id rather see you live up to his legacy with your own twist. (You should have a side group like a squad or somethin called the Revanchrists in your order, id jump to it in a heart beat.) But for all we know when he attacked the Emperor he was gonna take over the Sith, but I feel he had good intentions.

Has for the rest Jedi mixed with the Republic is a horrible idea. The Jedi and the Republic are separated for a reason, that's why O'reen happened. And this is where I think the Chancellor should be removed, replaced with a Chief Of State and remade the Galactic Alliance. I mean they've got all the factions after them for the most part. I'm sure a all out Civil War would destroy the Republic now, and that'd where this is leading.

Its like The Imperials have taken the role of Republic, and the Sith are Jedi now. I like it, its different, but then if that's what were doing, lets just switch names. OR big political things should be happening, (which I never see Senate involved. direct me to one if possible I wanna talk to them and see what's going on Politically wise.)

Theres so many Sith now, Onyx's (which is beast cause what happens when Sith die? Revans blood takes it and turns it into a war beast of awesomeness) I'm curious if the One Sith and Onyxs Will war with each other.

Ok, I see what you mean. However you are forgetting two crucial points. 1) I'm not Revsm. I mean they were formed to follow him. Why would they follow me? Yes, I am his desceandent BUT that doesn't mean people will follow me.

2) I am most likely the most hated person on the site. I've left and rejoine several times and I know I'm annoying beyond all belief. So a faction that is founded by me won't really end well when everyone hates me....
(I know I said there were only two points but I just remembered this while writing this response) 3) No one likes Revan here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom