Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Feedback

I've been meaning to make one of these for a while, so here goes!

How do you all feel about the faction as a whole and what is currently going on? Do you like the way things are happening and how it's run? Do you think it could be done in a better way? Do you have ideas for future projects/dominions/faction roleplays? Do you have any questions regarding any aspect of the faction?

Please share your thoughts down below! All opinions are valued, veterans and new members alike.

Remember: there are no dumb questions. :)

The Adjustment from LS to SSC has gone pretty smooth. Good to see activity.

More invasions against the dark side? School's settled so I can post in them to kill Sith. You guys are Jedi, lets lead the charge and free Coruscant.

*Is the war mongering pseudo council member*

The merger was very quick and pain free, due to the cooperation on all side.

Now obviously I have been in this faction from the beginning. :p And have seen it grow over many phases. Initially, to my surprise many came to the SJO and we began the journey of the SJO as well as developing writers and their characters. We had a time of quiet as well, I think all factions do as some point. Nobodies fault, RL can be a kicker for RPing and faction running, but with another alt of mine the faction managed to pull together once more and activity increased.

As most of you know, we went major and from that grew even more, and became friends with the likes of LS. Since the merger I will say that this period of the faction history is the most active and it is brilliant. :D

So proud of where this faction had come from, and proud of where it is going. Now with a new phase and under the guidance of the new grand master, the faction is a happy place. At least from what I see.

:)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
I always love threads like these can get everything out and I apologize in advance if I ramble.

Overall:
I love it, it started when my computer was broken but I joined quickly when you invited me. Since the near beginning it has been fun and I have been loving it. Lots of room to grow but also noticed some lulls in activity or just parts but overall the faction has moved forward. Would love to see more inclusive things for everyone as the missions are fun and slightly in need of an update, only place that really seems to get cared bout if Voss with the rest of silver sanctum space being mostly ignored.

Most of the threads from the leadership and council is for council only with a few and far between being open for the bulk of the faction. We have worlds that get untouched after being dominioned that were pushed for and then nothing with them gets done. We went through all the work of Iella, Rasu, Connor and Syn to take the academy on Vaynai and create a massive diplomatic meeting place for public. This is ignored and the secret location that has been argued with others about finding it just used.

Going further into things based on messages I have received and questions. The leadership is viewed as unapproachable or elitist did not help in one of the conversations talks of kicking members who failed to meet the one admins idea of quality writers were being talked about. Heavy restrictions on how members would be allowed to rp or told they had to do to qualidy for any sort of advancements within the faction.

When clarification was asked for they made it seem like all were in agreement, complaints from others and observations is that they message and get ignored or generally feel like they are being looked down upon. This is not always the case as I have known some of you for the two years I've been on the board and after reading reactions and thoughts in the bio approval it seemed very strange to condemn elitism on the board but in a faction for comminity it is fine.

Moving on from that into some lighter stuff there has been a lock of acknowledgement. The leaders and master should be trying to uplift members and go for the best to get all involved over the same ones over and over. They should look through the trackers an make suggestions for characters of what would be appealing to get a promotion should they wish it. We should bring back the assessments we made to teach and help members.

It allows members who aren't as well known to get some moment to shine and if it is an interesting character, gets padawans who don't have a master but have done a lot of work have a chance to get promoted since there is no master to submit them forward. It allows knights to get advice of how to improve and be more appealing for a master vote, it can streamline it as vet rpers give newer ones feedback and advice in a constructive way.

First off, we need to get rid of that Primeval guy. Seriously, what happened to standards?

That aside, let me get to the actual questions:

How do you all feel about the faction as a whole and what is currently going on?
I obviously am in love with this faction, as you guys are holding ALL of my characters at the moment. I've sampled a wide variety of the factions on the board, being that Sor-Jan was Levantine Sanctum, Boo was Primeval/Levantine Astronautical Academy, Zak was Galactic Republic, and BB-4001A had been in the Red Ravens and Rebel Alliance. I joined only recently, after a completely random thread invite from Coci led me to pop Zak into the Mon Cala dominion. And, lo and behold, this is the result.

Moral of the story: blame [member="Coci Heavenshield"] for the Bounce Invasion.

As you know, more than anything I wasn't certain just how the merger of the LS and the SJO was going to affect this character. But, its proven to be a great deal of fun, and a lot of that is due to the fantastic writers we have here. Which, to me, is what makes a faction interesting, because you need people to bring the story to life.

I really can't say enough good things about so many people in this faction, who make this FUN and interesting and just a joy to pull up a thread and read.

Do you like the way things are happening and how it's run? Do you think it could be done in a better way?
Short answer: Yes.

I guess my thing here is that I've never left it up to a FO or FA to be the genesis of everything in a faction. Dominions, invasions, big picture stuff sure. But there's a lot that can happen in a faction when players take the reigns and create their own stories for the faction. [member="Coren Starchaser"] or [member="Emma Prinn"] are both fantastic examples of this, and I've begun to try and do the same.

Do you have ideas for future projects/dominions/faction roleplays?
Absolutely. I'm stupid excited for the 'Sacrifice of Angels' thread and the interactions possible in that group. If the 'Young Jedi Adventure' is something that has some traction to it, I have more ideas for faction threads that I'll be tossing out there for people to jump into if they want.

I'm working on creating some new 'Silver Jedi Missions' that could involve the AgriCorps, FrontierCorps, Rangers, etc as well that I'll toss out there when I have some more time. Some of which could probably work as a dominion or skirmish if we were wanting to go that road. And having Sor-Jan gives me a Jedi Knight for teaching threads as well (on that note, shout-out to [member="Kurogan"] who is fantastic to thread with).

Do you have any questions regarding any aspect of the faction?
More like a comment or suggestion than a question.

I feel like we have a lot of divisions, with some overlap to them, and that could be simplified or better clarified:

For example, the Frontier Corps and the Coalition Fleet. It seems like they might or could be one in the same (likewise with the AgriCorps for that matter). I can see a bit of a distinction with the Antarian Rangers, being as they're more Jedi-centric as an organization, whereas the other two seem more like NFU-centric exploration and peace keeping.

Well, traditionally the AgriCrops and ExplorCorps (Frontiers Corps) were part of the whole Jedi Service (or maybe Science) Corps. Working alongside the fleet wouldn't be bad for the Frontiers Corps, however they're... more explorers than war ships (Thanks, Scotty from Into Darkness)

And then I switched to homework and forgot what I was going to say.

But I guess... the ships would be ships, and some would be better served as scouts or... as we kind of had developed in the LS 'skirmishers' and border control.

[member="Coren Starchaser"], [member="Coci Heavenshield"], [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Coren Starchaser said:
More invasions against the dark side? School's settled so I can post in them to kill Sith. You guys are Jedi, lets lead the charge and free Coruscant. *Is the war mongering pseudo council member*

Agreed. A purely defensive mind is ill-advised in war. They're not won by waiting for the enemy to come to you or hoping the storm will pass by. One might note that when you're the one initiating an invasion, you don't lose anything. At most you get your butt handed to you and that's obviously a blow to your ego.

We should also look into working with the Mandalorians. We made a treaty with them, so it makes sense to work together in skirmishes, invasions, doms etc. After all, a number of them helped at Ziost.

On the whole I'm very pleased with how smoothly the merger has gone. I'm also happy with how open-minded and drama-free this faction is. Didn't expect them to be so accepting of Sio when I clicked the 'join faction' button. :)

As for planet development, I've paid little attention to Voss because the natives annoy me. [member="Judah Dashiell"], [member="Valiens Nantaris"] and I put plenty of work into developing Tabaqui though when it was LS. I think the Heavenshield clan did as well, since they have a house there and stuff. Also got some big plans for how to expand on Tygara (space elf planet) after it has been dominioed (Sio claims a fiefdom!).

Hmm. What else? Ah, right, can we have Jedi Lords? Can't have a good Jedi jihad without them :p

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"][member="Coren Starchaser"]

As both of you, I think that we need to be more active after the loss of Ziost, both IC and OOC wise.

Nima has said her piece in the Mandalorian treaty thread, and I think that the best move that SSC can do now is to leave the shields and take the swords.

A wise man said once. The best defense is a good offense. I think mixing up the scene a bit will make us more active and entertained to RP, and make us realize that we are fighting for the Light instead of defending it.

Other than that, I think more treaties can make the Light stronger, we need to unite if we want to erase the darkness in this galaxy.

Also, Jedi Lord sounds cool :p

I have been here from the beginning not knowing what was going on back then just that a new order was forming. I thought great I come a long for the ride. Have been loving ever minute of it. I have nothing but understanding with my dystixa, giving me the chance to development of my character here. Help me grow not only as a person but to form deep bonds with some of you guys. [member="Coci Heavenshield"].

Now for a grow I can only see good things to come. Also can't wait to see where the future hold.

With the sith problem lets go get them.

IC as ones can tell Maya is more of behind the scene also a nature loving pacifist. I should get one of my other twins in here more of a fighter then a lover. Would be a change to play a more of guardian type. Even those piss off Maya to much she will come out bring the warrior with in her.

Over all love you all.

Be more fun to get the Silver Cross Fleet doing more active in these battles and other places with in the galaxy and get the floating hospital ships up and running so anyone that wants in please PM I more then happen to take the help with the vision I have.

Only been here a few weeks and I enjoy it a lot. Honestly I think everyone here is a quality writer, which is one thing I enjoy a lot. I tend to take on a lot of newbie RP'er to show them the ropes but it gets very frustrating when I get one liners or a couple paragraphs of really bad grammar. To the point where I cant read it.

It's very refreshing to get to write with you guys. some great characters are here, that are really well thought out an unique. Some great stories are kicking around too. All in all pretty drama free, and very welcoming.

Nine out of ten. I'd like to see us hit some other factions. Maybe the One Sith, the Primeval, or the Techno Union, which could be really fun as we haven't really done much with them, as far as I can tell.

You can try Grand Master [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] but [member="Coren Starchaser"] and [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] are pretty good at keeping it otherwise.

Anyway, back on topic I am pretty new to the whole RPing scenario, but I've definitely enjoyed my time, here. The people are very friendly and very helpful and I've had a lot of RPing with quite a few of you. George is getting stronger and hopefully that will show in the future battles whether its a dominion, invasion or otherwise.

Also [member="Maya Whitelight"] my alt [member="Spencer Olin"] is a somewhat similar character, very much helping save lives and will avoid taking them at all cost. Would be willing to help out the Silver Cross.

I like how it's going - the transition between SJ and LS went well and proves a combined force of writers IC and characters OOC is good and helps add new things to work with.

Nice to hear we are going to take a more active stand against the enemy also.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom