What's New
Star Wars RP

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purposed to Protect
Character
New_GA1.png

OPBiVYj.jpg

THE WARDEN
TO BRING A LIGHT TO THE DARKNESS
THE NEW JEDI ORDER | PROSPERITY | PURIFIED MEDITATION SPHERE

To fight ignorance through knowledge;
To act as the guardians of life;
To bring light to the darkness;
To serve others, rather than rule;
To always seek betterment;
To be the light in the dark

cj2JhgK.png

fun.gif

Hope was an incredible thing.

For something so intangible, it was all he could feel. From all he’d seen, from all he would see, all they would see –– he felt the goodness of this collective before they gathered in the room before him. A well of virtue to counter the oppression that flanked the New Jedi Order and by extension, the galaxy.

Each individual that gathered would be those destined by The Force to foresee, to seek, to find, to hunt, to decipher, to interpret the whims, fallacies, intricacies and wonderfulness of the spectral planes seers were both cursed and blessed with seeing.

Cursed like he was, blinded by the shattering of Csilla. He’d felt it all. Pathways of the living that thrummed and pulsed with brilliant glows, and dim shadows. Some routes lead to life eternal, others diffused and puttered out to a void that was beyond his sight. In the wake of Csilla's destruction, he'd been effectively blinded. So many souls, voices, lives calling out with a final shout of desperation. He'd felt their burns as if he were on the planet as it ripped apart, the excruciating agony that prologued forever nothingness. All their faces turned into nothing, photons streaming off skeletons that glowed light and dark. It was as if he were observing a beautiful, chaotic painting from across a room –– and the closer they got to death, without warning, only the brushstrokes made it up. Life was nowhere in it.

They shouted, and Asmundr could feel that they sensed the pressure waves going out from their throats. The clouds of molecules that made up their fingers slapping against whatever they could, as if getting a grip on ephemeral objects or persons nearby would save them.

Where their air began, and their bodies ended, was lost. The boundary between their bodies and environment blurred. And then...in union, singularity's realization that something dark and sudden moving through the atoms they'd joined toward them.

And then nothing.

And now, again, he felt something. Many somethings, from all different sources but teased similar outcomes, dancing around the undefinable. Intersections and divergences of pattern, lattices, networks, that felt familiar and strange at the same time. Glittering with alluring potential but frustrating fragments that his distracted mind was weary to parce in time to be proactive, helpful. The great seer’s vision was impaired by the vast spread of empathy that still plagued his peripherals. It was too much, far too great a responsibility to see everything that happened in the corners, too tolling for him to burden the responsibility of attention –– choosing what here and there received it. A wider scope was necessary, with more eyes.

In those, more eyes, would be the blessing. The opportunity.

In strife, they’d find harmony. Balance, answers.

There were many answers to be sought –– between the Brotherhood of the Maw’s accelerated uprising and the recent attempt on a Senator’s life during a senate session, the necessity to seek dialled up intensely.

They’d all received the invitation, a gentle brush against their mind from the well-connected Master, to the meditation sphere of Prosperity. The wording of the summon was not verbatim from recipient to recipient. The only similarity each shared was the sense of urgency and weariness from the venerable, mountainous master.

Organized and timely, per his request, those that had been affected by his plea would walk into the spherical space and instantly be cast in a blue glow that came from nowhere and everywhere. If they sought to perceive the physical and not just the spiritual, they’d appreciate the generic runes scrawled on the walls in a pattern reminiscent of primitive star maps and the open space where each could sit or stand. It was a generous room that had begged to be filled for far too long.

So he stood, hands clasped behind his back and golden gaze affixed on the doorway with a pleasant smile. Brimming with hope in the establishment of the Circle of Seers. It would be done here today.

Last edited:
Haunted
Character

Shapes swirled in the mist, jagged shapes jutting out from the unseen. A boy ran through the deathly fog, pursued by...something. An unknowable terror had claimed him. The haunted boy continued to flee, though he didn’t know whether shadows of his past or the ghosts of the future were harder to face. A shade ahead of him turned, its form flowing and indiscernible. A hand reached out, then another, then hundreds from all around…

0v7RlQs.png

Leon Gallo shot up. Rapid, unsteady breaths sent droplets of sweat running down his chest. The Jedi blinked a tear out of his eye while his trembling hand felt around for water. He swore silently as liquid dribbled down his chin. Swallowing hard, the man set his drink down. Fumbling around for a shirt, Leon nearly stepped on one of the many canvasses littering the room. The dark tones of his art matched the unlit room, the only vibrant splashes of color being the two Golden Starbird medals, haphazardly set on a shelf.

He blinked hard as light flooded his vision. Stumbling out of his quarters, Leon began to rove the Prosperity's endless halls. Unkempt hair matched the deep bags under his eyes and the stubble forming on his chin. At an intersection he’d gone through many times after the nightmares, he paused. Typically, he’d turn left and go towards the sparring halls. He’d spent more time there than sleeping over the past few months.

But today, something was drawing the Jedi towards the right. He needed to be free of the nightmares, and no amount of martial prowess could fight off a haunted mind. Twenty minutes wandering the halls, and the haunted man spotted someone he felt could help.

“M-master Asmundr,” Leon spoke as he reached the giant Jedi. I was wondering if you could help me.”

Asmundr Varobalder Asmundr Varobalder

Purposed to Protect
Character
Timing was impossible to control, even if you were fortunate enough to foresee the warnings or glimmers.

His eyes flicked up as Leon Gallo Leon Gallo marched directly towards him. Between exhaustion in his eyes, heaviness in his shoulders, and the hurt embrace he seemed cocooned in, the Master's empathetic heart thumped achingly.

"Padawan Gallo," He greeted in a calm baritone, keeping a neutrally welcoming façade despite the pain emanating from the youth.

Despite the notion of this collection was supposed to be for seers, The Force's timing was not to be questioned. And someone in need, wanting help, was not to be turned away.

He gestured with a sweep, inviting the Padawan to step in further.

"I hope I can. Walk me through what's bothering you."

Moonage Daydream
Character
As a Jedi Master of his past, Coren Starchaser could appear as if he belonged in nearly every Order the galaxy had to offer. His Order of Residence was the Silver, with his Temple on Kattada, but the New Jedi Order and their approach to the galaxy was just as important as anything else he could find. The Jedi found their own balance, one Order a Shield, the other a Sword, and the Wayseekers, the ones between, were able to make their own goals and ambitions, they were the ones who were the glue of the Orders. Wayseekers would have it easier, being between Orders and on their own, but he knew what would happen with the New Jedi Order.

It could affect all Jedi.

Yes, he wasn’t here to lead, he was here to support and advise. His war was over, but it seemed that the war of being a Jedi was just beginning. Stepping aboard the ship, his own craft having clearance, the Jedi Master stepped to where the meeting was. He had an idea of what was about to unfold, but he wasn’t positive. Dark gold robes with navy trim, the robes of the Master of Kattada, had made his way to the ship, knowing he felt a summons in the Force.

Stepping his way to what felt like the source was, he saw Master Asmundr Varobalder Asmundr Varobalder , the Protector. So, this wasn’t a war summons. Interesting.

Leon Gallo Leon Gallo

Brave Enough
Character

"Master Varobalder is the most experienced seer I know. I'm not sure if he, ah- has them in the same way you do, but I'm sure he'll be able to help." Auteme gave an encouraging smile.

Sundara had not been with them long, but her gift -- or curse, as some might see it -- was clear from the start. Auteme had some experience with more 'out of control' manifestations of the Force, though the last had been sudden surges of power rather than crippling visions. All she knew was that Sundara needed help, and she would give it however she could.

It was a stroke of luck that Asmundr's first meeting of seers was now. As gifted as Auteme seemed, the Force rarely gave her clear visions, and rarer still were they intentional. With a bit of encouragement, she had managed to get the Devaronian oracle to come to the Prosperity with her -- a sort of gift to Master Varobalder. If anyone could keep up with the giant's wandering eyes, it was Sundara.

Unless...

"Er, Sundara- are you able to focus your sight, summon it when you want to? Or... are they all... unintentional?" She paused outside the meditation sphere's entrance.

Last edited:
Character
Character

The corners of the Sundara's mouth twitched into a tightlipped smile of her own, not quite able to match the warmth in Auteme's. "I certainly hope so."

It had been some time since the Devaronian had set foot in a temple of any sort. A varied combination of events, some her own mistakes, others just sheer happenstance, had made sure of that. After so much distance, it should've been an easy affair to drift into civilian life. But with no resume outside of the Jedi and no real roots elsewhere, the road to normalcy was a sheer mountainside. And that was without taking visions into account.

She'd tried seeking aid before, just as she'd tried blocking out the visions entirely. For one reason or another, however, all she'd tried thus far had been in vain. It was maddening, driving the Jedi further and further away from any order, in hopes that stepping away from the galactic eye would allow her to fade into obscurity. But there was only so much running a person could do. And now, once-strong features had almost literally shrunk under the pressure.

But then came Auteme's question, causing the knight to pause and ponder. "Well, uh, I haven't exactly wanted to. Not outside of combat, anyway. Even then, it's less intentional, more survival." Her voice faded as she cast another glance at the sphere's entrance, blue eyes bright with apprehension.

"You know, maybe this isn't the right meeting for me to sit in on," she started, the words gushing out before her brain caught up and eventually coming to a halt as she forced herself to take a breath. "I mean, I can listen to whatever there is to be said, maybe speak to Master Varobalder afterward, but actually contribute to this meeting? We'd have better luck having a youngling try."

Haunted
Character
Padawan. How long had he been one? Years now, at least since he’d rejoined the order. In terms of skill, Leon felt he could give most knights and even some masters a run for their money. But he knew damned well he was far from being ready to face the trials…

“I’ve been having nightmares. I can barely sleep.”

There was something else bothering the Padawan, the constant presence of a river of spirits. Ever since he’d first been taught to channel the power and emotions of the dead, they’d been there, at the edge of his mind. Too long pushing himself opened himself to the stream, and too long waist deep in the dead would drag him along with the tide. Pair that with the visions he’d had each time, and the boy wasn’t sure he should share that.

Master Varobalder’s presence was calming, and the Padawan’s breathing was relaxing. The fear and panic that’d gripped him a few minutes before was gone, and even the lasting uneasiness typically left over was fading.

Asmundr Varobalder Asmundr Varobalder Auteme Auteme Sundara Nyveit Sundara Nyveit Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

Purposed to Protect
Character
New_GA1.png

OPBiVYj.jpg

THE WARDEN
TO BRING A LIGHT TO THE DARKNESS
THE NEW JEDI ORDER | PROSPERITY | PURIFIED MEDITATION SPHERE

To fight ignorance through knowledge;
To act as the guardians of life;
To bring light to the darkness;
To serve others, rather than rule;
To always seek betterment;
To be the light in the dark

cj2JhgK.png

“I’ve been having nightmares. I can barely sleep.”

The only reason Asmundr smiled, was because the second part was well apparent in the way Leon carried himself. Weary bones tended to sink into the ground a bit more, the husk they supported slinking about with a drag. That much had been clear in his approach.

He put a hand on Leon's shoulder, not too heavy so that he might crumble beneath the weight of the palm, but enough for the Padawan to rest assured he had the Master's focus –– despite his attention shifting temporarily to Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser .

"Master Starchaser, thank you for coming." He looked relieved. "It's good to see you." In real life, not just as a spectral string interconnected to all the other tessellated patterns in his mind's eye.

"I'm sure you too have familiarity with nightmares." He gave a nod, an invitation to join if he wished and also an attempt to normalize the distress that welled within the Padawan in front of him.

"I know I do. That's..partly why I'm asking for help as well." Shifting his golden gaze back to Leon, he pulled his hand back and let it hang loosely, open to the dialogue.

"You're doing the right thing, Leon. Talking about what keeps you up at night –– do you want to tell me about these nightmares?"

Brave Enough
Character

Auteme recognized part of herself in Sundara's words -- a vicious hesitation, a fear unbecoming of a Jedi. Not a malicious or dangerous fear, but a quiet one, a constant one. Auteme had not conquered it entirely, but she knew how only a little encouragement could change a life, and wash away the indecision.

"I won't force you," she said, "but I think you should attend. Maybe this time you don't do anything, maybe you just listen; no one here has any expectations, there are no standards for you to hold yourself to, other than the ones you set yourself."

She paused a moment, before again giving a warm smile -- the sort that shone with an endless patience and quiet support. She wanted Sundara to feel welcome and relaxed. "Even if you feel like you have nothing to contribute to the meeting, the meeting might have something to contribute for you."

Did that sound a bit weird? Definitely, but confidence was half the battle, so Auteme didn't show any sign of hesitancy. Funny -- when she was among most of her other peers, she always did the most second-guessing. It was like Sundara had sapped out all the nervousness.

"After you," she said, gesturing to the door.

Last edited:
Character
Character

Her lips compressed to a thin line. She'd expected some sort of push back, maybe even relied on it, but the far more gentle approach had her temporarily at a loss for words. The Devaronian's mouth opened and closed as if to argue, though no words made it out.

And finally, a reluctant sigh. As nerve-wracking as the whole ordeal was, there was wisdom in Auteme's words. Just as there was no wisdom in letting Sundara's own nerves get in the way of, well, anything. "But what if I ruin it?" She was taking back the words almost as quickly as they came out. "Well, no, that's unlikely, I know." But what if? She could keep going with the mental gymnastics of what-ifs and worst-case scenarios.

"You're right, I know. Well, I think." A hand reached out toward the door before hesitating, hovering back and forth between moving forward and continuing to hide before eventually resting on the door itself. The moment contact was made, she quickly drew back a fraction, as if she'd expected the door to bite or be scalding and was surprised to discover otherwise.

"I hope, at least. What could go wrong, right?" With one last steadying breath, she moved to actually open the door.