Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Eye of the beholder [Sergeant Omen]

Caedyn Arenais

C
Kashyyyk, Silver Space.
Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen

fo47wtH.png

It had been some time since Caedyn Arenais had been on Kashyyyk; For so many years this very world had been his home, residing within The Silver Rest and heading out into the greater galaxy in search of assisting others and finding growth within his path as a Silver Jedi. He had ascended to Knighthood here and returned at the behest of the Assembly in order to be introduced to his first Padawan Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , there where the pair of them would go on to spend an even greater time on Kashyyyk, truly solidifying Caedyn's love for the green world full of life and light.

Today he had returned at the request of an individual who went by the moniker of Omen. It was a curious name to go by, though Caedyn had heard a plethora of curious names and far worse ones to boot (His fathers' name was all kinds of unusual). The communication between them had however been brief and so far what the Jedi Knight understood was that this man was seeking assistance in training.

Recently, Ishani Dinn Ishani Dinn had decided to follow another path, one better catered to her needs than what she had perceived of Caedyn's methods. They had parted on good times, of course, Caedyn understanding that the training of a student requires the right pairing, pace and personality to mesh. Naturally, he had been a little disappointed, though wanting what was in the best interests of those he sought to guide, she had led him to consider those beyond the 'institution' of the Jedi; a concept of which Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen was reinforcing in his desire to meet with Caedyn and seek assistance in training.

'The Institution of the Jedi' was perhaps the wrong term, however, he considered those who weren't tied or affiliated with any larger Order. Those who lived individual lives and less likely to come into contact with mentors and practised Force Users capable of furthering their training along. Ishani had been exactly that, and now with Omen having stated he lived privately on Kashyyyk in a fairly mountainous and isolated region, it seemed that this was very much the case today.

Descending down at the foot of a great mountain, Caedyn double-checked the coordinates from the cockpit of The Repertoire before turning over the controls to his copilot Lexas (LK-EX1000). The droid was the perfect companion for these sorts of adventures, able to sit within the ship and monitor the vessel without so much a need for distraction as most sentient co-pilots would do so.

Strolling down the landing ramp dressed comfortably in his Robes, Caedyn turned his attention to the heights of the mountain peak, wondering just how far he would need to trek to meet this man. His right hand fell to his side, unclipping his commlink from his belt and using the frequency that he'd been given, he sought to reopen communication with Omen now that they would be sharing the same air.

"This is Caedyn Arenais to Omen. I've touched down at the coordinates you sent me. Over.".

Sergeant Omen

Arc Trooper Sergeant of the 41st Elite Corps

Without delay, a mechanical whirring could be heard over the harsh mountain winds when the Master's ship landed. A giant rock-covered door built into the mountainside before the Jedi Master seemed to unlock and slide apart, revealing a loading bay full of both humans and Clone Wars Era B2 battle droids sorting barrels of liquid into the right place. If the Jedi Master focused on force signatures alone, he would sense a decent-sized one starting to walk towards him. A green beskar armored figure would appear out of the crowd of workers itself as if on cue and started to walk over to where the robed Caedyn had just disembarked his ship. Omen was glad that Master Arenais had decided to give him a visit. He had heard a lot about the man from his sister and really seeing no other option at this point, had decided to give him a holo-call. The Clone offered a hand in greeting when he got close. "It is a pleasure to meet you in person Master Arenais. Lori speaks highly of you and so does your back from the dead Mother."

The Trooper waited for Mr. Robes to translate what he had just said into his massive brain. He would of course tell him of his Mother's condition but saying that she was a little off her rocker at the first meeting would just make the Master ask more questions. "Maybe Lori's told you of my problems, maybe she hasn't so I'll try to keep it short to preserve your valuable time. The basics are, I'm cloned from both Jango Fett and a Jedi Master with the looks of the bounty hunter and the powers of the Master. I just found this out a couple of months ago while combing through the NJO's database and I've been trying to develop my force powers as much as possible since then. I've found out so far that I'm good at Beast taming and plant growth but terrible at levitation. Other than that, I only know the fundamentals from the holocron transcripts that I can get my hands on. I have had two "Teachers" from the Silvers if you could call them that, but they either get called away on missions or just... got tired of me..." Omen didn't know if the last of that statement was true or not but he did know that dealing himself could be... draining... Either way, it would be good to let the Master know what he is walking into.

"As of right now, the Silvers are too busy with the death of their Grand Master to give me any heed and the NJO... well they too busy trying to unbrainwash their Padawan's after they see Master Dagon Kaze's abs for the first time in addition to the whole breaking away from the Alliance government thing. He really did regret the stunt he pulled back on Ossus but come on, the way the Grand Master looked at him, you would have thought he was a Leviathan waiting to strike. Either way, it was nothing he could do about it now. The Clone gestured to the loading bay with a nod of his head. "If you don't mind, I have comfortable seating inside and cookies almost ready to come out of the oven. Shall we?"

Caedyn Arenais

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
A sequence of events seemed to unfold before him with a pace most alarming to Caedyn who felt entirely unprepared for, not only the concealed facilities being unveiled right before his eyes but so too all that the individual who had come forth to meet with him had to say. Though Caedyn considered himself an experienced Jedi Knight, his rather casual composure had been given no warning to mask the man's surprise as he started back at Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen , mouth agape some with questions alive in mind.

"...-I'm sorry, what?" he asked, uncertain as to which of the aforementioned statements he really ought to be questioning first. Had Omen just claimed that Auteme Auteme was the new Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi Order? Last Caedyn had heard, she had been fully involved within the New Jedi Order under the Galactic Alliance, yet the rate at which the clone had spoken to him left Caedyn likely misinterpreting much of it.

As for NPC Treasury NPC Treasury , that was another story entirely. One in which Caedyn had only recently received word from, uncharacteristically breaking the woman's want for cover from the spotlight of the Galaxy. The Jedi Knight hadn't even had the time to investigate further before making his first stop upon Kashyyyk at the behest of Omen, who claimed to be a clone of a Jedi Master and arguably one of the most famous (Or infamous) Bounty Hunters in history.

"Give me a moment here..." He pinched the bridge of his nose, looking to the ground before him as he tried to collect himself. Who had the last Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi Order been? Caedyn had been very much an active member during Elise' tenure but since stepping away, he'd obviously lost touch on keeping tabs on the current affairs within Silver Space. The Outer Rim never ceased to have need of a Jedi, keeping Caedyn otherwise preoccupied from the Core and Expansion Regions.

"You know Loreena?" Caedyn spoke up once more, starting with stating the obvious fact. It was something that he hadn't been aware of when organizing this meeting. He and his Twin Sister didn't exactly keep up comm's as much as they used to these days. "I can't say I know who her circle of friends are these days, it's been some time since she and I spent more than a few days within each others company. Sadly, we're both cut from a different cloth when it comes to our line of work in the Galaxy" Caedyn expressed, thinking of his Sister and wondering how @Loreena Arenais would feel being a fly on the wall, so to speak.

Focusing once more on Omen, however, Caedyn found it curious to ponder how the Clone felt about its existence and being aware of its origin compared to the situation involving Valen Arenais on the other hand. "I have to say, your genetic makeup is quite the resume" the Jedi remarked with a tone of amusement, clearly meant as a joke rather than a serious note, a deflection of his feelings of uncertainty given the rather awkward amount of truth that had been dropped on him so suddenly by someone that was a stranger in every sense of the word.

"What can you tell me about the Silver Jedi?" he soon asked, curious to know further about their current state and that which he had likely missed while being busied within the Outer Rim Territories; "That's where you acquired most of your training, you said? Would I happen to know of the Masters who were to teach you?" He further enquired, knowing quite a few of the more promising Silver Jedi within the Order back in his time on Kashyyyk. Perhaps their reasons for letting him go was not because of his character but rather the potential behind his genetic creation, the risks of teaching a Force User who could potentially become more of a risk to the Order because of the assumptions behind the more volatile characteristics behind the name of Jango Fett.

Sergeant Omen

Omen winced as he saw the shock on the Grand Master's face before bowing in apology. Perhaps he should have taken things slower... much slower... "My apologies Master, I tend to be fast and loose with my words. I'm also guilty of love for theatrics as some call it hence the entrance in the mountain. I'll start from the top." Omen then explained that he was a Clone Trooper from the Orignal Clone Wars who had been frozen in Carbonite by Trandosians, put on a ship from Kashyyyk to Trandosa which had been caught up in a motor shower and the crew had been forced to abandon it. He had been freed from his prison by two Silver Padawans and had been volunteering for the Silver Jedi Order and the local Mandolarian Enclave ever since. He even made his own brewery in the natural caverns based inside of the mountain before him with Droid and local Wookie help plus Lori's and Shuklaar Kyrdol Shuklaar Kyrdol 's financial aid. The venture had seen a lot of success with whatever extra profits that didn't cover living expenses for his biological workers and himself want to fund Mandolarian Toys for Tot's like program that gave musical instruments to Mandolarian Orphans.

How would he explain his connection to Lori... "I mostly am just a friend. Sometimes we call each other up and help each other actually have fun. It helps her escape from her royal duties and helps me not become a lonely hermit all alone on this mountain." The Clone frowned slightly inside of his helmet as he heard that the Brother and Sister combination weren't close. "I understand. I wish it was different just like I hope you do but it is none of my business. All I can say is she is a couple of comm buttons away" Family was precious. Omen, who had none, especially knew that. Maybe he could convenience Caedyn to make the first step towards a better relationship between the two siblings but it wasn't his business to butt in where he wasn't wanted. The Clone probably gave a bad enough impression as it is.

His smile regrew as the Master joked at his genetic code. "I'm one of a kind. Some unnamed Longneck scientist probably wanted to use me as an unofficial testbed for DNA mixing for a Clone Force-embued Assassin. Either way, all I can do try and do is do my best every day. If I have helped others all I can, then that's all I could ever ask from this life." Omen thought for a moment on the question of who had trained him before answering. "The first one was a Torguta Master who helped me get started with the general force connection. Her name was stripped from Silver's records and was forbidden from being spoken. I think whatever it is should remain a mystery. The second teacher you might know, Aayla Shan Aayla Shan is a Godawan as they call immortal padawans nowadays. She helped with a few bouts of general combat training before she was called away." May the stars keep her safe, or at least not sunburn her all the way to death. "As for the Silvers right now... The last Grand Master Kiara Ayres fell against the Maw at the Battle of Lao-mon and the Silver Council has yet to elect another even after months of waiting. I get that it takes time but it shouldn't take this long. I've seen the Jedi become... ineffective without direct leadership. Either way, it's not like I have any choice in the matter. I'm just a speck on this planet of green, not worthy of their sight. So I stay occupied in my business while the galaxy spins on its axis, wanting to reach my full potential but never having the chance too." The clone paused, not sure where to go with his line of conversation. "It's just... frustrating... Like the Jedi care more about publishing cookbooks than actually helping people. Anyway... What is your perception of me Master? Tell me honestly what you think. I can always use some self-improvement."

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I spent a good number of years serving the Order of the Silver Jedi, I'm sure they have their reasons" Caedyn replied, though not specifying which of Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen 's statements it was being directed at; Having spent so much time away from Kashyyyk and Silver Space, it did not seem fitting to spend too much time questioning the story with no possible clarity to be gained from only one side.

"The name Aayla Shan Aayla Shan rings a bell, though I don't believe we ever officially met before I left for the Outer Rim Territories. It's a shame that she could not carry out your training, but then I myself have had students whose training could not be completed" he said. Having taken on two Padawan and neither of them having seen their training through to the end, it was a feeling of burden and failure that he could relate with and yet tried to leave behind.

The loss of the Silver Jedi Order's Grand Master Kiara Ayres was not something that had reached him, and while he did not let it show on the outside, Caedyn felt deep sympathy for their loss. Kiara was another of those Jedi whom he had not held the pleasure of meeting in person from what he could recall, yet to ascend to the mantle of Grandmaster was not something achieved by your average individual, the role was one granted to the most talented, dutiful and wisest of Jedi.

"What is your perception of me Master? Tell me honestly what you think. I can always use some self-improvement".

Caedyn's eyes were drawn back to that of Omen who asked the Jedi Knight his thoughts and perceptions of the figure that stood before him, likely in the context of Jedi potential, though a question that was premature regardless of context. "This is something that I will need to decide with more than a single impression" Caedyn forced a simple smile, wishing not to discourage the other.

"The Jedi Path isn't a small commitment, nor is it an easy one by any means. Training from those within the Order, whether silver or any other institution of Jedi requires discipline and patience, perseverance and humility. These aspects of character are just a few I would be interested in learning of you before I could give you an accurate assessment..." Caedyn elaborated before posing a question, perhaps cliche to some but most important all the same and one that could find deeper meaning within as time moved forward and one grew within their experience and training; "Why do you wish to become a Jedi?".

Sergeant Omen

The old Clone shrugged at the Jedi's noncommittal response. Maybe the Master was sticking up for his fellow Jedi or just didn't want to commit to an answer without either the other side. Either way, it wasn't going to be wise to get mad at the Jedi on something neither man had control over. "I'm sure they do as well. Either way, if I can't find out for myself without causing ripples in the water so it is better just to leave it alone."

Omen cocked a half-smile as he listened to the Master's response. "She certainly is... combative... But she is a good Jedi and an even better person so I let it slide." Yes, he and Aayla didn't have the best relationship but their last training session ended alright so maybe they were on better terms now.

The Trooper chuckled as he saw how the Master forced the smile onto his face. "Well, I guess that's a reason for us to see each other more then." Omen's face then turned deadly serious as his mouth twisted into a determined line of iron. "Master, I know it is going to be a long shot if I even have enough talent for the craft in the first place. As for the four traits that you mentioned... I was a faithful Advanced Recon Commando in the GAR for 2 years before being frozen in time, scouting out the Republic's enemies and taking them down for the count. Every day in the field took discipline, patience, and perseverance to get through to the target and back. As for humility... That... That I need to work on..." Omen thought about his last few months in this world. He knew he sometimes had a habit of telling stories of his deeds that were completely truthful but he sometimes stretched them out to be a little more larger than life than was needed. Maybe that's what the Master meant by humility. "Maybe it would be better if you give me an actual definition of each term so I could answer better for you Master. As for your last question, it will have to wait for a moment."

He gestured behind him to a B2 battle droid carrying a wooden table and two B1's carrying wooden chairs. The table and both chairs seemed to be handcrafted and while there was nothing fancy about them, they seemed to be sturdy enough to do the task that was needed. Behind the three droids, a young woman who seemed to struggle under the weight under a tray filled with a large uj cakeand two mugs of steaming Shig. Omen quickly stepped in to help her bring the tray down onto the table before Omen performed a slight bow to her. "Thank you for the help Samatha. How goes it inside?" Samatha returned her own tired smile that came after a long day of work. "Well enough Sir. All the deliveries for tomorrow have been sorted through and we are just cleaning up." An armored hand lay on the woman's shoulder in thanks as Omen beamed. "Good that will be all then for today. Oh, and make sure to give all the workers a hundred credit bonus and the droids an oil bath. I know today was hard on everyone's backs and knees." Samatha only replied with a grateful bow before rushing back to the workers to tell them the news. It seemed like the B1's silently fist-bumped and the B2 threw up his hands to cheer before thinking better of it. Omen just shook his head before just pointing to the loading bay and letting the droids shuffle away. These droids... They could be near sentient at some points and pure clanking soldiers the next... But he had got off topic... The armored figure pointed towards the adhawk secretary as she did a little celebration with the rest of the workers on being a hundred credits richer. "They are why I want to be a Jedi. I transported all of my staff from the planet of Galidraan. Maybe you have heard of it. Imperial planet, a lot of the Imperial Army's forces are from there. Well, apparently Imperial forces just invaded the world... say a month or two ago from what remains of the Great Sith Empire and wanted to cleanse everything of Sith no matter if the people left behind actually were Sith supporters or just didn't have a chance to leave before the Sith took over. Either way, the Imps backed pro-Galibraan mobs, letting them torture innocent people for crimes they didn't commit till they confess their misdeeds. Then they lynch the prisoner from the rafters of their own home before moving on to the next victim. Samatha's brother was one of those victims..." Omen gave the Master a sad smile that displayed the situation perfectly. "She is as tough as they come. I could only imagine what a person less robust could do in that position. And all I can do for her and the rest of her people is give them a place to stay, clothes on their backs, and food in their bellies plus some credits in their pocket. Maybe as a Jedi, I can do a little more such as getting them housing that isn't a cramped bunker and jobs other than helping me with my little brewery. They deserve as much..."

Omen let go of a tired sigh as he nearly plopped into his chair and gestured to the master to do the same. " You are probably wondering why I decided to help them out in the first place Master Jedi. Mostly it is just because I just got tired of watching the Imps and the AC kill innocent people in their conquest for the "Greater Good". No one will intervene because they want the Imperials and Crusaders on their side against the Maw so I decided to act by going there and rescuing as many of the prosecuted people as possible." The Clone took a mug of Shig off the tray in front of him and gave it a sip to warm up his insides before turning his attention back to the Master. He needed to be a warm sun when the Galaxy was so so cold... "Its funny... The Bryn said their own quest for conquest was a "crusade" and yet when a new Jedi group calls themselves the same thing and say that they are going to cure the galaxy of all its evils through brute force, no one raises an eyebrow. It is really nerfing funny..." The Clone paused a moment, placing his thoughts together like a jigsaw puzzle so as not to offend the Master Jedi with a misplaced word or thought. He wanted... needed this meeting to go right if he was to get help on his force training. This mission could not end in failure... "Ultimately Master Arenais, I want to become a Jedi so I can help those who can't help themselves. I've lost a lot of brothers, one which I was tied at the hip with... If I can stop someone from going through the same thing, then that's a win in my book. I don't want glory or fame with my face posted on every holomag out there. I'll leave those to the actual celebrities. But if I help one person a day with my powers for the rest of my shortened lifespan, I'll be a very happy man. The answer maybe is too simple for you but I can't phrase it any other way. But then again..." Omen took another sip from his tea and chuckled softly as he searched the Jedi's face for any signs of life. "the simplest answer is the sweetest."

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
"The answer maybe is too simple for you but I can't phrase it any other way. But then again...the simplest answer is the sweetest."

Though he would not voice it within their first meeting, Caedyn understood the man's feelings with regards to the Ashlan Crusade perfectly, for they in part reflected the Jedi Knights own concerns towards them.

There were many different views among the Jedi of the Galaxy today, different roles and different understandings much of all that was largely influenced through their upbringing and experiences growing up. Some were fortunate to grow up to loving families in safer backgrounds, while others were born into worlds on the cusp of invasion, occupancy and early experiences of hostility which could, whether people wished to admit it, cause one to walk down a path more provocative than others.

...These were, in Caedyn's mind, some few reasons as to why others might walk the Ashlan path and still call themselves Jedi. It was difficult for someone of his own character to consider being in their position and believing in a path as direct and violent as what they openly admitted to being a Crusade. To be a Jedi, in Caedyn's mind was all about maintaining peace and equilibrium, balance in the Force which yes, also acknowledging the presence of the Dark Side of the Force. Understanding, Tolerance, Compassion, none of which he believed these Ashan Crusaders embodied.

However...-This was a discussion for a later time when they both knew one another better, and Omen had possibly come to understand Caedyn's temperament and mind.

As Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen had been speaking, Caedyn had turned to look towards the alcove and consider those lives therein. Refugees, though they were fortunate to have someone watching over them who cared enough to protect and house them. This in itself was a trait any Jedi of any level of training and experience could admire. Stewardship over those in need.

"Our Galaxy is an ugly place sometimes" Caedyn admitted without putting any direction in those he considered whilst responding to Omen, "I believe that part of being a Jedi requires us to accept that there is always going to be some form of aggression and hostility, sadness and pain that we are to face in our service if others are to benefit and live out their own lives peacefully". This was a heavy statement to lay on the table, so to speak.

The truth however in what Caedyn believed, was that there would never cease to be those who would bring about harm and discrimination upon others, whether or not these antagonists believed their cause to be just or otherwise. It was a difficult pill to swallow, especially later on in one's years of service where the sugar-coated niceties of Padawan-life had washed away and exposed the true nature of life in the Galaxy today.

Strength of Will, Faith in the Force, and Perseverance...-These were values that a Jedi would forever need to carry with them. A consistent set of trials that would test their character as time moved forward and they progressed in their path towards Mastery of the Force, and service to the Galaxy at large.

For Omen, how far he had progressed already was not yet clear, however, Caedyn was curious to learn more of the man before him. His interest and intent seemed genuine, despite being perhaps a little too forward in his thoughts regarding others; The simple truth was, no one started their path as an expert or flawless example of Jediism, and even in Caedyn's years, he himself had lessons and hurdles to overcome.

"You seem rather well set up here" the Jedi Knight pointed out, gesturing to the man's home further ahead of where they sat; "How would these people fare, were you needing to travel elsewhere across the Galaxy. No doubt your services would be needed in various corners of the Galaxy, should you walk the Jedi Path".

Sergeant Omen

The old soldier could only nod at the Knight's words. They were of course, true. Master Arenais was putting the Clone through his paces to make sure he was ready for the path before him. Omen wouldn't have it any other way. Only under pressure of this harmless questioning could his true character shine. "I don't contest that point. Sith or even just people with evil intent will always exist just like there will always be a new battle to fight. The only "peace" we will have is when we close our eyes for the last time. I just think that we must do what we can while we can to make this galaxy a little bit better for others less gifted or unfortunate right now as well as for our descendants in the future. Is that not what the Jedi believe as well?"

A Jedi was a bulwark against all evil, not an angry giant stomping on supposed evil beings for the good of the galaxy. That is why Omen hated the Ashlaners so much, because even with reasons for being militant, they went against everything that he knew a Jedi to be. In his time, the Jedi may have been generals but they still were proud of their title as peacekeepers. The Crusaders had thrown that title to the ground, trampled over it before throwing it into a river of lava on Mustafar. Maybe he should tell the Master why he felt so strongly about these topics..."Jedi... I was born to be a voiceless clone whose only choice was to fight and die for a government that didn't care for me. The Republic only wanted a disposable soldier, not a citizen when I was created. That is why I say my opinions so loudly because I know what it is to not have a sound come from my mouth or at least not on that matter. At least now, my voice can be heard. Maybe not listened to but heard."

Omen nodded, following the Knight's gaze to the now-empty loading bay, its workers now disappeared into the mountain's dark caverns for a short rest. The Jedi did have a point. Kashyyyk was his home but his help and services would be needed elsewhere and keeping up with his operation here would be hard. He had thought of this fact beforehand and had already dealt with it. "The bunker already has enough gardens to be self-sustaining. If we really need supplies, my staff can always go into Silver Rest which is about an hour walk or a 15-minute speeder ride away. I also could secure a long-term deal for food with the wookies if things on that front really are that dire. Needless to say, they won't starve at the drop of a hat. Plus I might promote one of the refugees as a foreman of sorts to keep the ball rolling here with me gone. Either way, the job will be done right, with or without me present. You can guarantee that."

The Clone quirked a curious eyebrow as he sipped his Shig. "I'm guessing you have more questions. Well, go on and say them. I'll suffer under your friendly interrogation for a little while longer if only for the reason that I like your company."

Caedyn Arenais

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I'm guessing you have more questions. Well, go on and say them. I'll suffer under your friendly interrogation for a little while longer if only for the reason that I like your company".

Omen's words caused Caedyn to snort an abrupt laugh, both in a mix of amusement and surprise. He had been asked to meet with the man, requested by Omen himself. His intent was less about interrogating the man and more simply wanting to get to know him and gauge his potential as a prospective Jedi...

"It's good to have a voice, but some things are better left unspoken" Caedyn said after a moment of consideration; "Some may not agree with me, but I do not believe it is our place to judge. We will always have our opinions, our differences from others but to persecute them for these differences is like forcing our views upon their own and that takes away from their right to choose how to live their own lives".

"Like you, I differ from the Ashlan Crusade in terms of my methods and ideologies, yet that does not mean I dislike them for it. I disagree, certainly but I do what I can to avoid judging others on an individual or personal level. Every single soul in this Galaxy is going to have or believe in something different from everyone else, it's a natural part of life that we must accept and understand" he sought to advise Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen with a reserved and quiet voice, not attacking the man for his views but rather expressing a different approach, one more akin to the nature of the Jedi Caedyn had trained and lived alongside.

"Feelings of resentment are also something to be wary of. Negative emotions are certain to cloud our judgement and this is also something the Jedi discourage from falling victim to. We must carry with us at all times the awareness of self, the ability to know when our emotions are creeping in, and to give ourselves the time to process and rise above these feelings so that we may retain our composure and sense of inner calm" Caedyn added further, speaking on a subject that was at the core of Jedi Training for all young and old. The risk of emotional vulnerability and the need for discipline and self-control.

"The life of a Jedi is quite a different approach than that of a soldier...-Or at least, it is whereas I am concerned. Others may believe otherwise, and just like those out there in the greater Galaxy, there are differences between Jedi, as you've learned already it seems" Caedyn smiled faintly, acknowledging the man's views towards the Ashlan Crusaders, those of a different mindset than others such as the New Jedi Order and the Silver Jedi Order.

"I'm curious though if you don't mind my asking, what led you to seek me out?" he asked finally, getting to the matter at hand.

Sergeant Omen

The burst of laughter that came out of the Jedi Knight caused Omen's grin to widen even more. The interrogation comment was a joke of course and a joke alone but he really did enjoy Caedyn's company. If he had to sit on a ship with the Knight 24/7 traveling place to place like the Padawans of old did, he would consider his lot fairly lucky. The Knight's willingness to look the other way at other government's practices on the other hand caused the beskar plated man to frown. "With all due respect Jedi, I disagree. I may have agreed with you if the Ashlaners influence is at that of a single planet or even a single system but they are a galactic level government and we have to hold them at a higher standard. Their policy is destroying whole civilizations that they deem to... "Sith like" to the ground is not morally justifiable nor ever should be. Neither is their policy of burning offenders of their laws at the stake. Their leader Cedric Grayson is nothing more than a conquering warlord who rules a death-cult bent on forcing their views on this galaxy to fit their vision, with or without anyone's approval which is actually what you say we should not do. Tell me what makes him different from the The Mongrel The Mongrel for example. Both yield legions of warriors ready to destroy entire cities at a moment's notice and can destroy an entire world's infrastructure in a fortnight. I can't see a lot of difference between those two figures whether they stand for good or evil."

Omen took a long sigh before, trying to find the words before calmly starting up his line of discourse again. Disagreements should be applauded because through them a society made progress. The Clone only hoped that the Jedi Knight would keep his lightsaber on his belt so the cutting his homemade table in half could be avoided. "We don't just live in a bubble Knight. We live in a galaxy with many different cultures and norms and I understand that. But when one side of the spectrum tries to maul another that has harmed it, is that not something to be concerned about? In the long run, it will only cause more violence, more strife and those within will face more hardship. By your own statement, shouldn't we support those who remain in the TSE slice because their own way of life is being threatened and views that are not theirs are being forced upon them?"

Omen paused, letting the Jedi continue to speak words that further confused him. "So what are we to do when others with negative emotions and a big stick are trying to smack someone smaller? Just let it happen so we can preserve ourselves and walk on by? If I had done that, none of those refugees you just saw would be alive right now. I believe it is our duty as people, not as soldiers or Jedi but as basic beings to care and look out for each other. We also have the ability to check others when we think they are doing wrong, whether they are traditional friend or foe and I see the Crusaders and sometimes the Imperials doing a lot of wrong with no one willing to step in and correct them. If no one does, the issue is just going to get worse and worse and people who live on the conquered planets are going to have more reason to go into the service of the Maw just to reestablish what they see as their views on their own homeworld. They probably believe having their same views imprinted on the galaxy wouldn't hurt either since their people wouldn't have to go to war every decade or so to fight for their right to believe what they want to believe"

The Armored figure pondered into his cup of Shig as the Knight said commented on the different natures of a soldier and a Jedi. The two occupations weren't that different though, were they? Jedi had been soldiers before in conflicts like the Clone Wars and had led troops into battle day after day in a 3-year war. Wouldn't that just make the Jedi just a specialization of a Soldier? A soldier with more power and reach than most beings fighting in the trenches to be sure but still just soldiers waving around a lightstick of justice as he or she lead other soldiers into battle. What made back then different than now? Omen shook off the rogue thoughts as the Knight got down to the matter at hand. Why did he want to be a Jedi? "Speaking plainly, I want to be a Jedi to make better use of my talents and have a greater effect on this galaxy. I won't make this galaxy a perfect paradise, that I know but I could help cure of two people of their hate towards each other. Then they each might decide to help two more pairs with their own little squabbles and it would go on and on and on till the waves of good might be more than the waves of evil injustices societies commit on a daily basis. Maybe that is to idealist of an outlook but I would be a happy man if that could happen."

Omen tried to contain his chuckles as he went on with his final desire. "Oh... And having a light stick I could swing around would be pretty cool too. All jokes aside, I think my abilities could be better used out there, whether it be helping with your charities or providing items to those who need them. Plus some "voice" tutoring wouldn't hurt either. Either way, the philosophical debate alone would be worth me paying your fuel costs. Not like I have many Silvers come out here to speak policy with me on a daily basis.

With a quirked eyebrow, he looked at the Knight for an answer to his own question. "So, do you think I am potiential Jedi material, Knight Arenais?"

Caedyn Arenais

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn listened to Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen , his head lifting marginally as he realized the context in what he had said seemed to have been misinterpreted; the Jedi Knight had been speaking plainly of the differences between peoples and giving caution to one's tendencies to judge others, but his line of thought had been out of consideration for the way in which people thought and felt, not in their actions and especially not in those that broke the law or caused harm unto others.

"You're not wrong" Caedyn gestured to the man sitting opposite him, nodding in confidence; "When it comes to the actions of another, there are always consequences and should these acts be immoral then we should certainly seek to intervene and bring light to them" Caedyn elaborated. Naturally, it would be a contradiction to his calling in life were he, a Jedi Knight to ignore or justify any action taken against the interests and wellbeing of others.

"The Jedi were, as far as I've been taught, never meant to act like soldiers but peace-keepers. A largely reactive presence to any wrongdoing committed by the Sith, Criminals, and so on...-But to hunt people down purely by their association or difference in beliefs such as the Ashlan Crusaders appear to be doing is a terrible misuse of power and contradicts much of what the Jedi represent..." he said. Caedyn did not like to speak ill of others but as Omen had pointed out, this wasn't on an individual level but a galactic power in society today. Theirs had apparently become a political and military presence, and ought to be held to the same standard as any other government in place in the Galaxy today.

"I do believe there is a difference in judging others, and holding them accountable, however, and this is reflected in what I previously said. As Jedi, we may often see ourselves having to arrest and even combat other persons as part of our duty to Galactic Society, but that does not mean that we should resent or hate them. A Jedi must practice tolerance and understanding, keeping an open mind and avoiding these negative emotions where possible" Caedyn paused so to allow Omen to consider what he was trying to convey to the man.

"The truth is that we don't know how some of these Ashlan Crusaders came to be in that organization, and for all, we know they have never been taught any different from the methods that are practised by their elders and their peers. Not all of them will believe their actions to be as immoral and wrong as you and I might, and while this does not justify their behaviour, it could suggest that from their point of view, they are acting for the best interests of the Galaxy. The best of intentions and what not..." Caedyn's words faded, giving a wary smile. It was a sad truth and could so often lead to confrontation between peoples of similar alignment all due to the fact that peoples backgrounds and upbringing influenced their perception of the worlds around them and their ideologies that differed from person to person.

"Speaking metaphorically, if this was indeed the case then, given they were to act before me, I would certainly seek to intervene and keep them from harming someone undeserving...-Yet I would also seek to practice with an open mind and not resent the person on an individual basis..." Caedyn spoke further, trying to explain his point of view. It was a complicated perspective to voice to another, and some would probably call him a 'fence-sitter' for not thinking in such a black and white approach.

"At the end of the day, what I guess I'm trying to say is that as Jedi, we do not hate. We do not resent. We act and we serve justice to all wrong-doing within our power to do so, and we do so with an open mind" Caedyn finished, falling quiet for a moment. He wasn't certain that he had appropriately voiced his point of view for Omen to understand, but then perhaps the other would simply disagree which was completely fine as well. Caedyn wasn't trying to tread on the man's beliefs but rather express his personal learning across the years of experience training with both the Je'daii and Jedi Orders.

"So, do you think I am potiential Jedi material, Knight Arenais?"

Omen had posed the question and in this, the answer was far simpler and straightforward. "I do, yes" Caedyn responded with a smile, "If your philosophical conduct is anything to go by, your intentions and hope for your path does indeed leave me to believe you have the right stuff to train as a prospective Jedi Knight one day" Caedyn was pleased to tell him.

"You've voiced previous experience as well and I feel it'd be good to see some of what you've learned, of course..." he added, suggesting they both share in a training exercise of some sort for a better indication of the clones learning thus far.

Sergeant Omen

Omen's eyes widen in recognition when realized the Knight was talking at the individual scale and not at the Galatic scale. Once the Jedi was finished, he gave the Knight a thumbs up to show and a small grin that he understood the lesson. "You certainly can squeeze out a lot of content in such little time. Of course, I agree that the individual should be innocent until proven guilty and that the government they represent is considered in the equation. We would just cut off the heads of the Sith who tried to convert to the light if that was the case. Though for some like the infamous Laertia Io Laertia Io , it can be hard not to judge just based upon controversial who went off the rails and broke the law even though she has the right intentions. It will be fun to see the court case put against her if the GA or the Silvers can even catch her in the first place. Plus there is always unconscious bias against others that we have to fight but I'm going off-topic. Please continue." The Clone's beliefs seemed to not differ from the Knights so far. Hopefully, it would stay that way, and if not well, these debates were always so much fun. He might just try to play devil's advocate more in the future just to see the Knight's interesting body language while he spoke.

The Clone tried hard not to pump his fist as he heard that the Knight had deemed him worthy of progression to the next steps. He settled on having a look of pure elation on his face. Finally, the trooper would get his chance to shine as one of the bulwarks and peacekeepers of the galaxy, a Jedi of all things! If only the Omen 850 years ago could see him now. He had just about managed to settle down from his happy fit when the Knight announced that they should test out Omen's skills. "Of course Jedi. I'd be happy to show you what I can do. Besides if I can turn a Jedi/Bryn hybrid from Murderous to Peaceful in about 10 minutes, a little sparring or whatever contest you dream up shouldn't be that hard." In the silence that followed that last line, a slight wince could be heard. The beskar covered warrior had now inserted a new stunning fact into the conversation and now had a lot of explaining to do. Maybe Knight would go easy on him though since he did use those same principles he just mentioned to bring Aberrant into the light once more.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Besides if I can turn a Jedi/Bryn hybrid from Murderous to Peaceful in about 10 minutes,
a little sparring or whatever contest you dream up shouldn't be that hard"
.​

Caedyn's mouth opened to speak, yet he paused as the words registered, causing him to look inward and recall the numerous battles between the Silver Jedi Concord and the Bryn'adul where he had served. The Jedi Knight had seen the ferocity of the Bryn'adul Horde, and they were intimidating for even the most experienced of warriors. To have attempted what Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen had claimed, was like playing with fire and expecting not to get burned. A gamble if ever Caedyn had heard of one, let alone for someone to succeed at such a thing.

"That's quite the feat, one I've never heard others achieving thus far in my experience" Caedyn replied, finding his words and speaking with a sense of impression as he took the man's words for truth. There would have been nothing to be gained from lying about such a thing, and Caedyn had no reason to suspect any less.

"I'm assuming you have a lightsaber then?" Caedyn enquired further, guessing as much from the man's prior mention of training under other Silver Jedi; "A sparring match between us should serve well enough for a first impression of what you've picked up along the way so far" Caedyn smiled, moving to stand and gesturing to the Clone lightly, encouraging Omen to accompany him a small ways away from the enclosure in the case that others might once again join them. The last thing he wished for is for someone to get hurt.

"On the subject of the lightsaber, what forms are you familiar with?".

Sergeant Omen

Omen paused for a moment as he formulated his story. It wasn't long but it was complicated... Either way, this was a good of a time to start as any. "It happened during the Bryn invasion of Circumtore. I was alone in power armor when I came upon the bodies of about 10 dead mercs body's, all lined up against a wall. I thought it was strange that they weren't just torn apart and so I started scouting out the immediate area. That is when I got pounced on by Aberrant as she called the Bryn side of herself. She... was split with the parts of her human brain being in the background and the Bryn hivemind being in the foreground. I just needed to get her trust and bring that human side of hers out. Through the help of a Jedi Knight and the action of putting my credits where my mouth was by getting out of my armor and offering up my life to her if he wanted to take it, we managed to do just that. We ended up smuggling her off-world to the peace and quiet she wanted." He waited for the inevitable follow-up questions while trying not to smile too much. Just wait till Caedyn heard about his diplomatic efforts on Garos IV. Either way, he was sure that the way the Master was gesturing him over to the open lawn in front of his bunker that the Jedi had other ideas.

The Clone followed the Jedi into open space away from his bunker home only to frown slightly as the Master asked if he had a lightsaber and knew the forms. "I never was able to make a lightsaber for myself... I do have this though..." He gripped the handle of the Dread Blade on his back and took it off. The born-again Mando then lit up the red hardlight blade as he got used to the weapon's weight. "Not as powerful but it will resist a proper lightsaber alright. I got it during Coruasant from someone who didn't need it anymore. As for forms, I've mostly focused on Form III since you can't fight if you aren't alive but except for one sparring session and book learning which only can go so far, I don't have a lot of practice with a light on light session so starting slow would probably help. I hope this is acceptable?" The apologetic look on Omen's face would have told anyone he didn't have a lot of hands-on experience with things that glowed. That didn't mean the Clone would go down without a fight, however. He always loved a good fight as much as the next Mando but he might be flailing around like a fish out of water to win.

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn listened to the story involving Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen and the Bryn'adul loyalist that the man had managed to save. The story was most intriguing as they walked, and Caedyn found himself smiling some when the Clone finished speaking on it; "That's a fascinating and admirable feat. The Bryn'adul aren't known for being very conversational with outsiders," the Jedi Knight replied. He had met with more than his fair share of their kind, and none of them were in the mood for words but rather instead spoke through their use of weapons and brute strength.

"Finding a means to avoid conflict is always preferable to those walking the path of the Jedi. To seek resolution through diplomacy, communication, and understanding where it is possible. Every action caused a ripple effect, and every person in the Galaxy has connections to those outside of their immediate socio-economic system. The example, being, extended family and friends beyond their immediate household or social grouping, who are also affected by the loss of a victim killed in combat. An opponent killed today could result in a bounty or new rival hunting you down tomorrow. This is going to be better in the long run, not just for your own peace of mind, their well-being and those who are influenced by them".

"An interesting weapon and one that will suit us for today." Caedyn soon gestured to the Clone's 'dread blade', taking the man's word for its combatant prowess; the Jedi Knight had never used one before. "I can help you with the construction of your own lightsaber, providing you are willing to respect the discipline required in its practice," Caedyn suggested, though not without a catch. The Jedi Knight wasn't going to teach just anyone how to make such a weapon. Not first without trusting that they'd take great care in knowing when to and when not to use it.

It was here that Caedyn detached his Lightsaber from his belt, taking a moment to disconnect the two halves within the midsection, returning one of the hilts to his side while swapping the remaining single Lightsaber to his right hand, his dominant hand. "The Lightsaber is an elegant tool, not just a weapon by a symbol of who we are and what we represent. To carry one means to carry the responsibility and dignity of the Jedi Order with you wherever you go. It is not to be drawn upon lightly".

Caedyn activated his Lightsaber despite his cautious words, sparking the brilliant blue blade with a snap-hiss and consistent thrum of carefully channeled energy through the hilt's blade emitter. "The creation of such a weapon is a careful process, one we harness with the force and requires perfect finesse. A single misplaced component or fault can result in the hilt exploding upon the first ignition".

Sergeant Omen

Omen only shrugged at the Jedi Knight' reply. "It was special circumstances. And like we have agreed on before, I don't judge where the individual comes from or where they are going. I only focus on the individual and their needs at the present moment. With Aberrant, she just needed to be away from everything and I gave her that opportunity." He truly had gotten lucky in that encounter. If it had been someone or something else had been put in Aberrant's place, they might not be speaking today.

The Clone chuckled as the Knight went into an explanation about why talking was necessary. "Let us just boil it down to everyone wants to get home at the end of the day and it is better to save the ammo for something that actually wants to kill you rather than just probably." He didn't mean to discount the Jedi's longwinded explanation but getting straight to the point was one of Omen's talents. Better to say what you actually meant to say under fire than make philosophical speeches.

The Clone's stance shifted as he got into a ready position, holding the red-bladed energy sword in both hands. His smiles widening suggested he wasn't going to start a fight just yet. "The assistance would be greatly appreciated Jedi. I know that swinging around a lightsaber without the credentials to carry one isn't a good choice. I'm of course willing to respect the power of the weapon I'll be making and take care of it to the best of my ability." Omen wasn't about to do anything stupid. He knew the opportunity that the Knight was giving him and wasn't about to throw it away by acting rashly.

Omen only nodded when Caedyn presented his double-ended lightsaber and showed him its simple design. The symbolism was not lost on him. If you saw someone with a lightsaber, you knew to start running. The Jedi being the most powerful cops in the galaxy does that. It was then Omen got an idea in his head that made him smile even wider and maybe even a little sheepish. "I know that something simple would probably be good to start with but would it be unheard of to make a holdout blaster style hilt? I have seen other Silver Jedi have that style and I think that's more me than anything else." The Clone knew he wouldn't have all the materials such as the kyber crystal to make a whole lightsaber but he could at least get all the components together for the grip and hilt to make his blade his own. Caeyden could then help with the crystal color and make sure he didn't have to replace his arms again. Either way, Omen was ready to intercept a sudden overhead slash if the Jedi Knight wanted to try and surprise the career soldier in his first-ever complete lesson.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Let us just boil it down to everyone wants to get home at the end of the day and it is better to save the ammo for something that actually wants to kill you rather than just probably.".

Caedyn Arenais offered a reserved smile at the Clone's remark, silently wishing things were so simple when positioned in the field with another's life within their hands. Of course, Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen had experienced battle as a soldier and so perhaps their perspectives differed some from one another.

Caedyn himself was more pacifistic than otherwise and he sought to avoid conflict wherever possible despite undertaking the path of a Jedi Guardian and focusing primarily on his skills with a lightsaber and abilities that best suited him within combat. His training and skills today were best summarized as being a deterrent to violence and oppression, rather than an answer to it.

On the other hand, whereas Omen was concerned, Caedyn had not yet had time enough to gain an appropriate understanding of the other man's temperament, especially within combat; the prior mention of Soresu however was a positive sign. "You mentioned practising with the defensive form best suited for deflection" Caedyn spoke rhetorically before further adding, "Soresu, otherwise known as the way of the Mynock, yes?". Caedyn knew the form intimately, for both he and his father before him had taken the form as one of their primary studies within their Jedi training.

Moving to step into the position, Caedyn took up his readied stance for the sparring match to come. Sliding his left foot forward, he positioned the majority of his weight upon his back (right) foot. With his left hand free at his side, his right hand held the hilt of the lightsaber at equal height with his sternum, the blade blazing vibrantly as he positioned it at a horizontal angle before him.

"If you wish to practice a defensive form, then I will bring the sparring to you" Caedyn suggested, his tone of voice leaving room for Omen to make the choice whether to agree with this approach or otherwise try something more in line with that which he'd feel most inclined.

"When you're ready for us to begin, just say the word" he encouraged.

Sergeant Omen

Omen nodded when the Knight asked if he had been practicing the Way of the Mynock. The Form was the most practical for his line of work since he wasn't coming up against other saber welders all that often. It was the best way to take on blaster users and to keep his armor spotless.

The Clone set his left foot slightly forward as he let out his breath and closed his eyes for a moment before holding his shortened blade in his right hand. His arm slowly pulled the blade back at a horizontal angle just above his head as he extended his left hand with his middle and index finger out, ready for whatever form or technique the knight would bring. He only hoped his blade would be strong enough to block the pure blade's attacks.

"I'm ready Knight. Lets see where we both need to improve"

Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I'm ready Knight. Lets see where we both need to improve".

Caedyn smiled to himself, Sergeant Omen Sergeant Omen 's suggestion holding merit. There was always new learning to be found in every interaction, no matter how experienced one was in their lives.

Knowing the Clone's defensive form by theory and personal training, Caedyn's chosen form of combat would be Djem So. The fifth form, known to the Jedi Order and that of the Krayt Dragon; also called the perseverance form for good reason. This manner of combat would focus primarily upon two-handed strikes with the lightsaber for greater strength behind each blow, while also aiming to pursue his opponent on the attack, seeking to end the sparring match as quickly as possible. It was a natural rival to Soresu.

The Jedi Knight's movements were graceful, yet swift in seeking to bring the fight to Sergeant Omen. Taking up the hilt of his weapon in both hands, Caedyn first sought to deliver a horizontal swing of his blade from the left to the right of the Clone, the blazing cyan light arcing out at elbow height of his sparring partner, expecting that his first attempt would be followed and blocked or evaded by the other.

This was about gauging Sergeant Omen's skill and learning so far into his years. The Jedi Knight would not be seeking to combat the man with the same intensity as he might against the Sith or the Bryn'adul, and his lightsabers frequency was not at that of the power to kill but rather set to training, whereas a landed strike would shock and bruise by consequence.

Unless in times of dire need, Caedyn avoided keeping his lightsaber on full frequency.

Sergeant Omen

As the Sergeant started to block Knight Caedyn's swings, it was clear from his own brief information that the Jedi was using the Krayt Dragon form, one of the most aggressive forms of lightsaber combat, and involved putting pressure on their opponent until they slipped up sooner rather than later. Well, it wasn't like the Clone not to make this uninteresting, even with both their weapons on the lowest setting.

As he parried the second slice, Omen clashed their blades together and grunted as he attempted to force the knight back. If he succeeds to push the Knight on his back foot, he will quickly change from Form III to Form IV, jumping over the Knight and swinging his Dread saber at the Knight's upper body with the hopes of catching the Knight off guard. As he landed with his back towards the Jedi, he would quickly spin with another horizontal slash, grunting out a taunt as he put all his effort into the swing. "Had enough Jedi? We can go back to just talking if it suits you most. I'll only claim that I beat a Jedi at their own game for... the rest of my life."

Caedyn Arenais

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom