Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exploring a Graveyard I PM for Invite

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
What did he mean it wasn't that easy? Kay frowned as she listened to [member="James Justice"] claim that he was doing as Dargovich had said. He was trying to keep her safe. Then why did he bring her in the first place?

And then a voice came over the commlink. One that wasn't her brother's. She looked at Dargovich as a chill ran down her spine. The look in the officer's eyes showed concern and a hint of puzzlement. The Prosecutor. James had told her about him, hunting him down for some unknown reason.

The threat was uttered and then the commlink went to static. "James!!" She stepped back and looked around, searching for anything out of the ordinary that might pop out at them. "We have to get out of here, before he can find us."

Blaster fire was heard outside of the door and down the hallway, followed by sounds of a struggle. A second later the power was cut from the building and the room went dark. Dargovich unholstered his blasters, and backed Kay up away from the door once his eyes had adjusted. "The Prosecutor is already here. Stay silent and stay behind me." He raised both blasters at the door, his eyes trained and focused while he waited. If luck was on their side, their room would be passed by. The door was locked anyways, so it would give them a few seconds of a warning at least.

[member="Thraxis"] [member="Dominik Borra"] [member="Celiana"]

The spacer gripped the wheel of his speeder, his knuckles turning white with the intensity of his grip. He ran over several small bushes, trees, and swerved to miss others. The speeder was definitely going to be worse for wear after this. Inside, James was beating himself up--he should never have let this happen. He had miscalculated, instead of planning on Kay being safe, she was now in harm's way. He felt the anger at himself burning inside: how could he let this happen?

James fishtailed to a stop as he finally reached the castle. He wrenched the door open and stormed inside, blaster ready. Several of his men were already dead, thrown across the floor with blaster shots or clean slices. The power was gone, it was almost completely black.

"Oh trust ye to put me in a place of blindness," James muttered, remembering how the Prosecutor had blinded him when he was tortured.

The spacer began to quietly slink through the halls, staying close to the walls. He stretched out with the Force, letting himself see in the dark. He heard the sound of bodies falling and followed it, his feet not making a sound on the marble flooring. James turned the corner, bringing his blaster to bear--but there was nothing. Suddenly, a powerful kick on James' back sent him falling face first into a pool of fresh blood. His blaster was sent sliding across the marble floor. The spacer barely had time to roll away and dodge a blast from an ion cannon.

"I expected something with more flare, Justice, I am disappointed in you," said the familiar mechanical voice.

"Yeah, well ye ain't exactly winning the charts for originality either," James growled pulling himself to his feet.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The HRD looked at the console and gave a shake of her head, "I am sorry, Mistress, but I am not designed with that intent. I am a servant droid with minor intents for defense. I do not have the hardware to hook up to these machines. Apologies." She waited a moment, "I regret to inform you that the approaching personnel are already crossing the bridge on foot. ETA: 5 minutes. We--"

The rest of the droid's words were drown out by the sound of hissing, slobbering, and foot falls as a host of animated corpses began to stumble through the door to the control room.

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Celiana"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]
[member="Thraxis"]

Okay so the droid couldn't do what I'd had planned. It began to inform us that the approaching "personnel" were already crossing the bridge. ETA 5 minutes then whatever else was going to be said by the droid was lost as the hissing,slobbering, bumbling mass of blackwing infected came through the doors. Fierfeck'la Osik! Why couldn't anything ever besimple?! Pulling a grenade from my belt I bowled it through the mass and it detonated incinerating the mass of them down to ash and clearing the doors.

"Dom!!! I think we need to go now!" Calling the saber along the left side of my ribs to my outstretched right hand I ignited it with a snap-hiss and waited for Dominik to join me...

[member="James Justice"] - Dominik Borra - [member="Lady Kay"] - @ Thraxis

Dominik turned around just as the grenade went off, obliterating all of the.. things, that were in the door. "HRD, I order you to come with us. This place is going to be overrun, and you being destroyed..." He had to take a moment to think. A reason to get her out that would make sense on a computer level. "You getting destroyed doesn't help progress your objectives. Come with us and we can find the Well, as well as continue to help your masters."

Dominik pulled out his rifle, walking forward to the door and joining Celiana. Down the hallway, things came around the corner. Quickly lifting his rifle, he barely looked down the scope before his Harpy discharged into their bodies.

Thraxis sat there for a few seconds, such a sudden offer had never been made before. Lest of all to him. It was normally Cadan or Flannigan who got these sort of offers, but he himself? Well, it was an honor he could all but refuse. Slowly the Gammoreans looked with confusion, a look met in kind as he raised a finger, "Give us but a Second." he said as he turned to his compatriots, his voice groaning and morphing slowly as he started to speak in their native tongue, hoping the mayor couldn't understand them.

"Gru Snur oinkae." he said between the group as they erupted in a loud cacophony, each one over the other as their squeal and grunts got louder and louder, proceeding for a few minutes before that harshness of their voices started to dissipate, each one in unison turning to the Mayor before Thraxis rolled his eyes, then followed in their step. "Well, ya found the right man for the job." he said with glee, already he new what he could do with this place. While he couldn't exactly make it a torture den, nor even the rest of the planet he assumed, he was sure their was value in force ghosts roaming the place.

"Oh excellent! Excellent!" the man said as he started to float about, back and fourth with nothing short of jubilant excitement showing itself merely by his erratic movement. After letting the man engage in his joy he slowly lowered himself down, trying to regain a semblance of professionalism as he tossed out his hand for a shake, "To a truley prosperous relationship indeed!" he said, his hand hovering for a few seconds before being met by Thraxis hand falling straight through.

Kay-Larr

Kay stayed behind Dargovich, listening with her eyes trained on the door. There wasn't much light coming into the room, but she could still manage well enough. The sounds of fighting continued beyond the door, but it wasn't quite near them just yet.

Dargovich displayed the very depth of his military training. His focus was entirely on what lay outside the door, his mind calculating and strategizing different outcomes. His body was poised and ready to defend his charge, never moving except for his breathing, both barrels fixed on the door.

Was that voices in the hallway? It was hard to tell. Maybe she just imagined it. [member="James Justice"] couldn't of come this far so quickly, could he?

The moment the spacer was up to his full height the Prosecutor brought his steel boot into James' chest with a mighty kick. The spacer found himself flying backwards into one of the stone walls. He felt the air knocked out of him and his senses dazed. A fist grabbed his shirt and another began pounding his face in a relentless barrage. Blood filled his mouth and poured from his nose as the spacer's senses were beaten from him. A knee rammed into his abdomen before James was thrown across the room. His body bounced across the stone flooring three times before sliding to a halt before the stairs.

"You are pathetic," intoned the mechanical voice. Its form drew slowly closer as James struggled to try and rise. "You call yourself a hero, but you cannot even stand in a fair fight against me? What happened to the 'people's criminal'? Where is your reselove? What happened to your strength? You once were a worthy opponent, now I wouldn't feed you to a dog."

The monster picked James up, bringing him eye to eye with the beast.

"I learned to stand for what mattered," the spacer grunted, locking his leg around the Prosecutor's.

With a help from the Force, James pulled the beast down, landing on top. he gripped the metallic enemy with both hands, activating the rocket boots. Head first, he rammed the Prosecutor up the stairs. The wood splintered and shattered under the attack, spraying the air with wooden shards. A few bits lodged themselves in James' exposed skin, making him grunt in pain. He slammed the Prosecutor's body through one of the doors and they went crashing across the stone floor. The prosecutor extended a fist, sending a corded dart tearing through James' shoulder. The spacer roared in pain as the monster whipped James towards him--right into its gauntleted fist. The spacer struck back with a wild haymaker, it was blocked and countered with a savage knee to the hip. James felt his joint pop out of place as he staggered, struggling to stay up. An elbow across his jaw sent James to the ground in a bleeding, sweating, barely alive and barely conscious mess.

His eyes, barely able to see through the twilight watched as the Prosecutor approached Kay. A virboblade appeared from one gauntlet, and a lightsaber through the other, "Prepare to meet your end, Sister of the Damned."

The HRD looked at the carnage as the woman, Celiana, she supposed, and the man were beginning to find their way out of the mess. Her eyes lit up with a glow as her processor considered the right protocol. She was supposed to serve the masters and work here. But there were no masters except these two and they were telling her to leave. What was the right call?

"My objective is to serve all sentients, these are my masters," she said, "I will follow your command. Follow me to the exit speeders."

She began to walk through the door towards some of the darker lit chambers. Through the halls she led them, oblivious to the zombies that came at them or stood in their way. At last she came to a room where a large air speeder was waiting--and was filled with animated dead.

'Exit stragety, Delta,' she said motioning towards the speeder.

The sound of blaster fire came from up the corridor they had come form, the HRD tilted her head, "I should warn you, it sounds as though the advancing army is here and approaching quickly."

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Thraxis"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]
[member="Celiana"]
Thank you for your patience as I got James' muse back. :)

Dominik would follow the HRD wherever she lead him and [member="Celiana"] , Keeping his rifle out and staying at the back of the group, firing from long range, his specialty, at anything that came towards them. Quick kill shots, too keep them moving forward as fast as possible. Karking undead! Where did they all come from? How did they all get up here?!

When they entered the hanger-like area with the air speeder and the huge horde, he sighed. "Clear a path to the speeder you two, I'll hold off the things behind us!" He turned on his heel and held up his Harpy, standing in the middle of the entryway. His armor and body could act as a bit of a shield for the two women if whatever came around the corner started to fire blindly. As soon as anything came around, he would start his standard procedure, enhanced by his eye. Aim at one head, fire. Aim at another, fire. No pause or hesitation.

[member="James Justice"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Thraxis"]

Kay-Larr

The words of the Prosecutor were heard on the other side of the door. Just who was this person and why were they after [member="James Justice"] so badly? Why did they want him dead? Of course there could be a number of reasons, knowing James, but Kay wondered just which one it could be.

Dargovich opened fire at the door. Just a couple of shots, nothing more. He was testing the waters, so to speak. Did the Prosecutor even know that the soldier was there? He looked down to Kay and mouthed the words 'Say something. Make him think that you are scared and alone'.

It was a bit tough to follow, but Kay nodded as she understood. She shouted, so that she could be heard on the other side of the door. "Stay away from me! Or I'll shoot you dead!!" Oh by the Force that was horrible...But it was a good stalling technique at least.

[member="Dominik Borra"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Celiana"]

A Leviathan on Telos, Rakghouls with the Jedi, Blackwing infected in space with Mandalorians, Zombles on Ruusan...Tossing a cryo grenade into the midst of another group in the hangar I saw the group freeze solid. Stalking over I called my saber to my outstretched right hand and ignited the Aqua blade with a snap-hiss as I walked into the midst of them. Twirling around I severed all of their heads and channeling The Force I released it in a telekinetic blast shattering the people infected with Blackwing into bits of icy flesh. Shouting I yelled, "I am so Fierfeck'la over you undead freaks! A Leviathan on Telos, Rakghouls with the Jedi, Blackwing with the Mandalorians, and Fierfeck'la walking corpses on Ruusan and now this!!! Why can't the Gorram Sith just keep it in their pants?!?!"

As another swarm began climbing into the hangars I ignited my other saber and sent it spinning in an arc decapitating those. As my saber returned to my hand I extinguished it and slid it back along the magnetic strip on the right side of my ribs. Pulling a blaster pistol from my left thigh I fired several shots at a fuel container where there was another small herd of these freaks. Several seconds later it had the desired effect of incinerating them. Hopefully that HRD was getting the ships prepped...

[member="James Justice"] - [member="Dominik Borra"] - [member="Lady Kay"] - [member="Thraxis"] - @Anyone else I missed

James' vision was fading. He could feel his body relaxing, his muscles easing as he felt his will taken from him. Everything was fading, slowly fading from him. This is what it feels like to die, James thought to himself as he felt his life slipping from his fingers. He had been battered so many times, he had survived so much that he had thought that he was going before. But now somehow he just knew that it was happening. Like he was falling asleep. It felt so natural.

He closed his eyes and it felt for a moment like he was looking at his own body, standing beside its battered form. He couldn't see much else through the foggy curtain around him. Slowly Leighlah appeared once more. He locked eyes with her and gave her a smile, forgetting their last fight. He seized her hand, feeling it for the first time in so long and it felt so good as he pressed it to his lips.

"No" Leighlah said firmly, drawing her hand away. "No James, not yet. Not like this."

He felt a force ram him in the stomach and once more the spacer was in his body, pain seized over him. He coughed and struggled but for only a second. Seeing Kay in danger pushed it all out of his mind. The spacer forced himself up on his feet. His hip hurt and he could barely move but James wasn't about to stop. He charged, half fumbling and falling the whole way at the beast approaching her. The Prosecutor reared his hand back for a blow, James grabbed it from behind pulling as hard as he could.

"Take it! Take it! Take the damn shot!" he roared. He didn't know how long he could keep this up and his body was rapidly warning him that it was shorter than longer.

________________________________________________________________________________________

As her companions were at work clearing the dead and the living, the HRD went to work getting the air speeder ready. With the grace of a dancer she weaved through the battle field into the air speeder. It was old and desperately in need of a tune up to say the least. The HRD worked, pulling guts, slime, and dust off the driving console for several moments before she was able to get the speeder to start. At last it reeved to life and almost immediately the clamp holding the floor under it closed gave way, sending it free-falling through the air.

The droid pulled it up in a swift, clean arc over the small arms and blaster fire. They glided up along the clouds in the mountains before---a winged avian hunter crashed through the windshield. It was angry and it was hungry. Shards of glass went flying through the air as it attacked the nearest organic.

"Out of the frying pan, into the--" the HRD's words were cut off as the horrifying sound of the airspeeder's engines grinding to a halt overpowered her.

The free fall began as the cool air whipped around them.

[member="Celiana"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]

Kay-Larr

Dargovich didn't hesitate. He heard [member="James Justice"] through the door and opened fire, sending a barrage of bolts. It splintered the wood, creating hole after hole after hole, enabling the guard to see the Prosecutor's form. Both blasters soon became overheated. He threw them aside and unholstered his next pair of blasters from his thighs, training them on the Prosecutor on the other side of the now broken door.

Kay remained where she was, hidden behind Dargovich, not making a sound. She didn't want to tip their enemy off just yet. But her mind was on [member="James Justice"] . She knew that he wasn't alright, but she couldn't help him yet.

An explosion made Dominik turn his head for a second, looking over his shoulder as he pulled the trigger and still managed a kill shot. He saw the HRD in the ship, and the ship powering up. [member="Celiana"] seemed to busy to notice. "Celiana! Move! Now!" He shouted. He stood and unleashed more blaster shots down the hallway at the undead wielding old, outdated weaponry. He slung it back around his shoulders and pulled out his sword, Ebony, and his pistol. Cutting through the walking corpses and kneecapping the ones he couldn't, he eventually made his way to the speeder.

Throwing himself inside- The speeder dropped. A hole opened up in the floor, and there was nothing but air. Dominik was just close enough to grab the back of the speeder after holstering his weapons, in-between the twin engines, before it fully came on and the HRD steered up and cleared the mountains. Everything was shaking and the armored man had to keep readjusting his grip, the sudden turns and gain and loss in elevation bringing too much risk to try pulling himself onboard. Then something with feathers smashed into the front, sending glass everywhere.

Then they began to fall once more.

[member="James Justice"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Thraxis"]

The Prosecutor took the heavy hits, its body lurching under the assault. The energy shield that hovered just barely over its skin wavered, before buckling and shattering under the blaster assault. The rounds tore through its armor, spraying a coat of half-cauterized blood across the floor and James. The spacer struggled to hold on as Dargovich did his duty well. He grit his teeth, struggling to maintain his hold, "Die ye bast--"

James' words were cut off as the Prosecutor activated its rocket boots, sending it up through the skylight above. James landed on the hard floor, his back smacking against thee cold floor with a hard thud. The spacer dug in his pocket and hurled as hard a tracker at the Prosecutor, the Force helping it along the last bits of its trail there, it landed and magnetized on the monster's armor. Satisfied, James' body relaxed and he sank into unconsciousness......

[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Dominik Borra"]

Kay-Larr

Dargovich stood there for a moment, blasters still aimed at the ravaged door, breathing heavily now that the Prosecutor had gone. "You can move now." As far as they were aware, there was no other enemy.

Kay stepped out from behind Dargovich and headed to the door. She peered through the hole and saw [member="James Justice"] in a broken heap. Without opening the door, she climbed through the hole and rushed to her brother's side, kneeling once she got to him. "This is why you need to leave, James. It only brings death." It also brought the worst out of him too. She sat back on her heels and placed her hand on his chest, closing her eyes as she focused on the Force, channelling it into him. Time for the slow healing process, the stopping of internal bleeding and solidifying broken bones.

This was going to take a while if she didn't get help.

[member="Dominik Borra"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Celiana"]

As Dominik yelled for me to move now I triggered the timer sequences on two incendiary grenades and bowled them through the horde before sprinting towards the speeder the HRD had started up and dropped through a hole that had opened beneath it. As I jumped through the hole I saw a feathered animal hit the glass of the speeder and then the speeder began falling. Seeing as we had quite a ways to fall I pulled on my helmet and as the HUD flicked to life I triggered the command for The Morrigan to come in and open the hatches. Soaring towards the speeder I locked my boots on the speeder and shouted at Dom and the HRD.

"Looks like you're in need of a lift huh? My ship is a minute out, be ready to jump when it comes in view!" A huge blossom of flame erupted above us and just as I began to see bodies ablaze falling from the levels above I saw the blip on my HUD of a Raven. Seconds later The Morrigan screeched into view. "All aboard that are coming aboard!" With that I disengaged the mag-locks on my boots and hopped onto the landing ramp. Arm outstretched I was ready to catch Dom and the HRD and use The Force if they missed...

[member="Lady Kay"] - [member="James Justice"] - [member="Dominik Borra"] - [member="Thraxis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom