Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expanding Horizons (Cara)

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah sighed, he was right when he thought Cara was just the same as Linna, she was head-strong and stubborn just like her, Linna had been the only one who could make Noah budge when it came to anything, but now it seems that Cara had her beat. "Fine. I know I can't promise you protection, but Cara I'm not leaving you or Melissa alone, if I'm not around you guys, at least three undercover Pyre soldiers will be there and don't even try to lose them, cause if you do, I swear I'll lock you away faster than you can blink." Noah informed her as they walked towards her room, he purposely ignored the fact that she said she and this Zach had been criminals, Noah knew that sometimes, it wasn't good to pry into the past. Finally arriving at the room, Noah opened the door and walked them in. Noah took Melissa, who he had been carrying over his shoulder, and laid her gently on the bed, then helped Cara to lay down as well.

A sigh came from Cara as well. She did have a tendency to be a stupid pain in the ass when she wanted to be, and right now it really wasn't any different from usual. Though she was just a bit more open than she tended to be, given she was still a bit loopy with the drugs. "I suppose that's a fair compromise." It was at least meeting her somewhere in the middle, though she couldn't recommend locking her up. It would only end in tears for everyone involved. Suppose I'll have to lay off the less than legal hobbies for a while... She did ponder for a moment, how easy it would be for her to give the soldiers the slip, and go on about her usual activities. But the blonde decided better of it for now. Right now, she needed the safety net and protection.

As they came into the room, she glanced between the bed and what was left of her shirt, then down to the bandages wrapped around her waist and back, before she returned to look at the bed. Cara didn't imagine sleeping would be comfortable for a while. Any one you walk away from right? Yes, any one you walk away from.... She was alive, that was what mattered, and so was Noah's daughter. That was the important part. They'd all survived. With his help, she managed to shift on the bed onto her side.

Quite groggily she looked up to him, "Where do we go from here?" Certainly she had her resources to help, but she'd need something else to go off on than what she had already. "Need something more than just a name to get much from my assets."

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah sighed as he sat down on the bed in front of Cara. "I don't know, I'd have to consult my records that I have and some friends I've made in MICO and the GIA, its been years since I've last seen Simon and force knows what he's done to himself to change his appearance." Noah informed her as he looked back at her, even with the bandages and the burns all over her back, Cara looked like a angel while she sat on the bed like this. Beautiful fulls lips, a heart shaped face and her blond locks, that in the right light looked like a halo. Reaching down, Noah stroked her face lovingly with the back of his hand.

Cara nodded slowly. Noah's remarks hitting a little too close to him for her. After all she knew a thing or two about changing appearances to hide who she was. The mention of MICO bright a bit of a shudder. She still wondered if there were records of her transactions in Omega territory. One could hope that it'd been buried by now, and gone unnoticed. "I suppose I can take his name, and the identities of those who participated in the attacks on us here, and take them to my ... less scrupulous contacts, and see if they hit up anything." Spoken most groggily as she closed her eyes, getting sleepier by the second as he stroked her cheek. "We'll find him... I promise." She paused a moment thinking as she drifted closer to sleeping. "Should find a safe place for Melissa, get her somewhere far away from either of us."

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah sighed and leaned down and kissed Cara on the cheek and stood. Putting his blaster pistol on the nightstand, Noah walked out of the room, intent on finding the two men who had attacked him and Cara. Walking into the hallway, Noah pulled the two men into a close, cuffed them to a chair and left them to be. Walking back to the armory, Noah got armored up and made sure that his rifle was secured over his back, he also grabbed a Blas-Tech Sawed Off Lever Action Type 1, it was always good to have a scattergun in close quarters.

Cara was nearly asleep as he kissed her cheek and left her behind to go deal with the men. Right now, she needed rest to sleep off her pain and with some luck she'd feel a little better once they arrived on the planet. She heard the blaster being set upon the nightstand beside her. Without opening her eyes, she reached out, taking it and slid it beneath her pillow. Even the nightstand just felt too far for her comfort.

A few moments after that, the little blonde was sound asleep, her chest rising and falling peacefully. They had much work ahead of them, and right now, rest was the best thing she could have done. Perhaps in the morning, she'd contact [member="Moira Skaldi"], and see what she knew on the matter. The woman was a most useful intelligence asset for Cara.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah sighed as he walked onto the bridge, Noah had to admit something, the solitude nature of the bridge was calming and made him uneasy at the same time. After the massive revelations that had happen today: Simon still being alive, Noah telling Cara he loved her and basically everything else, Noah was a bit happy to just sit down in the captains chair and watch as the brilliant blue lines that accompanied hyperspace flew past the viewport. Standing, Noah walked over to the navi-computer, which had been originally set up to take the ship to Fenessa. Now Noah decided somewhere a bit more remote and secluded was needed to allow Noah, Cara and Melissa to shake the mercs and bounty hunters that were probably chasing them. Sitting down at the navi-computer, Noah typed in the cordinates for a planet he knew would be safe: Saleucami. Standing up, Noah walked back to the captains chair and plopped down in it, just watching hyperspace and within a couple of minutes, he was asleep.

Time slipped away, hours passing by with ease. Cara awoke slowly with a pained groan as she sat up in the bed. Her back still hurt like hell. It still remained a reminder of the night before. A most frustrating thought as it'd been a long time since she'd been in that situation before. Slowly with care she moved to her bags, and fished out a fresh set of clothing, for now the refresher was going to have to wait. Right now, removing her bandages and seeing the extent of her wounds was the last thing she was in the mood to do. A wince came as she slipped the shirt over her head, and smoothed it over.

The blonde only stopped in front of a mirror to give herself a quick once over. Don't even recognize the girl in the mirror these days? Been a long time since I knew who she was. With that she wandered slowly from her room, looking for Noah, having little idea where they were, or that they'd changed course for a new planet.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah yawned as he stretched his hands high above his head and looked through the viewport and got a beautiful view of Saleucami outside of the viewport, he also noted the multiple interceptors soaring towards the ship. "Unidentified K-type Star Yacht, this is the Saleucami Defense Force, identify yourself or be destroyed." Noah had to chuckled at that, four interceptors against a ship over a hundred meters armed with four heavy laser cannons? That wouldn't be a good fight, for the interceptors. Walking over to the comms station, Noah flipped it on and began transmit to the interceptors. "Saleucami Defense Force, this is Colonel Noah Corek of the Omega Pyre, my family owns property on Saleucami, in the Corek Caldera, aptly named after my ancestor Ansil Corek." Noah informed the four interceptors and leaned back in his chair, waiting for a answer.

Cara slowly made her way up to the bridge after keen ears picked up bits of a conversation. Though she couldn't make the words out. With a soft sigh, she crossed the threshold to the bridge, and paused there. She rapped lightly on the durasteel to announce herself and not startle him. "Noah?" She said quietly, feeling a bit out of sorts still, though not from anything in her system, or a lack of sleep. Just the idea, that she wasn't as untouchable as she thought these days was still unsettling.

Glancing out the viewport, the planet was not the one she expected to see. "That's not Fenessa." She declared a bit coolly, perhaps a bit upset, though cranky was the better word. She was just a hair untrusting still, and worried too much. "Where are we exactly?" That was a question that she certainly needed an answer to. Calling Moria was going to have to wait until she was more certain of the situation.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah looked over his shoulder and smiled at Cara, his attention was taken back to the comms station when a pinging noise caught his attention, looking at it, it said Noah had been cleared to land the ship at a spaceport that was nearly twenty kilometers from where Noah was planning to go. "Um, that is Saleucami. We needed somewhere a little more secluded and defendable and my family has just the place for us here." Noah informed her as he went over to the navigation controls and began to lower the ship into Saleucami's atmosphere.

She sighed, taking a seat in one of the other chairs in the cockpit, careful to not sit back completely, lest she irritate her wounds. "I understand the circumstances, just try to give me a heads up next time. So I don't come in here making assumptions, due to past events." Some things just couldn't be helped, and Cara was quite conditioned by her past no matter what she tried.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah looked at what could only be described as his lover at this point and smiled. "You were asleep and you just looked so peaceful and cute, I didn't have the heart to wake you." Noah informed her with a cheeky grin as he began to manipulate the controls to bring the ship in atmo. "I have a question. How would you feel about us sharing a bed for the time being?" Noah asked bluntly, trying to be as nonchalant as possible.

Cara glanced over to him as she'd pulled out a datapad, to look a few things over. A single brow lofted, in questioning. "I suppose I can let it slide. This time. Next time ... however...." She certainly seemed serious on the matter. Then came the question, a rather awkward one if she was to tell the truth. "The same bed?" Slowly she rubbed at her forehead, wanting to be any place but there at that moment. "We've not even been on a real date, yet." Certainly there was safety in the two of them staying in the same space, but she had her reasons for not wanting to. "Can't say I'm the most fond of the idea right now." Trust issues, much? Lil bit.... You know, he's mostly harmless. Thanks for clarifying that, mostly ..

Back to her datapad, a beep brought her attention to one of her holomagazine subscriptions being ready to read. Idly she flipped to it, opening up 'Ashira's Angels'. Smack on the cover was a rather dazzling photograph of [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]. Well now, I wouldn't mind getting reacquainted with that one.... Of course you would. Problem? No, just commenting on your life choices.... Oh hush you....

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah understood, a man who she barely even knew, he didn't even know why he asked, it was a stupid question. Finally, Noah pulled the ship into the starport and sighed as he leaned back in his chair, even after over eleven hours of sleep, Noah was extremely gassed out. "Come on, lets go grab Melissa and anything you'll need." Noah informed her curtly as he stood and began walking towards the door, only sparing a glance to see what she was reading.
[member="Cara Sampson"]

[member="Noah Corek"], [member="Cara Sampson"]

((Posting with permission from Cara's writer))

Speak of the devil and she shall appear. Well, obviously Siobhan did not suddenly appear on the ship because while she was capable of flying by using only telekinesis, she had yet to manifest the power to teleport herself across space and time to randomly spawn in places. However, at this moment Cara received a holomail on her Spacebook account, something indicated by a beeping sound on her datapad.

"Dear Ms Cara Sampson,

I hope you are in good health. I am sorry to hear about the recent turmoil on Atrisia and the problems it must've caused you. During my time as Exarch I was much impressed by your designs while you were employed by Imperial Shipworks, such as the work on the Atsushi. It would be my pleasure to become better acquainted with you and so I would like to extend an invitation to Kaeshana for you. My wife, Lady Alcori, would be delighted to see you and we can provide appropriate accommodations in the guest quarters of our villa or - if you prefer - at a hotel. I can understand if you have security concerns, since seemingly Sith infiltrators are spawning everywhere these days, but you can be certain we take security very seriously. Their sort do not survive long on Kaeshana. At your leisure please respond if you are interested.

Regards,
Countess Siobhan Kerrigan of Santaissa."

The rumours that Lady Kerrigan habitually impaled Sith and put their heads on pikes for all to see were untrue. Not for lack of desire, mind you. Her wife and the Eldorai Queen just would not like it and domestic harmony was very important to her.

The devil indeed did appear. Cara glanced to her datapad as the beep came in, she quickly read the message, and smiled. This was a most interesting development.

Dear Countess Kerrigan,
I must admit it's a pleasure to hear from you. I am well. Atrisia was a mess and a half if I'm to be honest. I'm only glad I made it out of the system in one piece. I'd like to thank you for the most kind offer. I'd be quite interested to visit Kaeshana, and both you and your wife. (Apparently I missed the wedding. Congratulations to you both) Security is always a prime concern, I'm sure you understand. I've not had much luck in the trust and loyalty department. That said, I fear a hotel would be required. I'll need a room far from the elevators, close to the exits and without windows... If at all possible. It would go great lengths to making me feel more comfortable upon a foreign planet. From there we can arrange to talk about more delicate matters.
Thanks in advance,
Cara Sampson

It goes without saying that Cara was just a tiny bit ... paranoid. Eccentric! I'm eccentric, not paranoid! Whatever you say cupcake... After she clicked send, she gave a nod to Noah and rose to her feet. "Just business stuff..." She said quietly as she followed him out of the cockpit and towards the door.

"I hope Melissa is feeling better now that she has had some time to sleep off whatever was given to her." Cara paused for a moment, as she reached around and lightly touched upon her back. It still bothered her a great deal, but she sure as hell wasn't going to let any doctor near it. Walking back into her cabin, she grabbed her singular bag and waited patiently on Noah and Melissa from there. "I'm ready when you both are." She said softly.

[member="Noah Corek"] [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]​

[member="Cara Sampson"], [member="Noah Corek"]

There was a bit of a delay, but soon Cara would receive a response from Siobhan. Clearly the Countess had been spending the interim making some enquiries.

Dear Ms Cara Sampson,

I thank you for your reply and your interest in visiting us. I completely understand your concern with security. Given your experiences and the present times, no one can fault you. I have a suitable hotel in mind, Hotel Rivendell, located in the Visitors' Quarter of Santaissa. I will make arrangements so that you will receive a room per your specifications. I have added a file on the hotel and the room for your perusal, likewise on the district it is located in. Please tell me when you are interested in coming and I shall make the necessary reservations for the hotel room and make sure you have pickup at the spaceport. Do you require transport from your present location or do you wish to make arrangements on your own?

Regards,
Siobhan Kerrigan

As the mail said, the message would contain the aforementioned files. Presumably Cara's rather specific request was not one usually made, but if a noblewoman, especially one who as champion of Kaeshana and had a reputation for extreme brutality, made a request like that then management accommodated her. The hotel was a very high-class one and had a very attentive staff, so Cara should have no complaints on that front. It was also close to all the good shopping malls!

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah shrugged when Cara said it was just business stuff, if she didn't feel like telling him, he doubted pushing her to tell him would yield any results, it would probably do the opposite, make her unwilling to share. Noah nodded in agreement about her sentiments concerning Melissa. "Hopefully what they gave her will only cause her a minor headache and some discomfort." Walking into his room, Noah saw Melissa was still asleep, though from the way she was snoring, he doubted it was because of the drugs. Picking her up bridal style, Noah made sure to grab some other things before walking out into the hallway and meeting Cara. "We'll need to grab a speeder from a garage in town."

[member="Noah Corek"]

Cara nodded slowly, "One can hope." She said softly. Being drugged in that manner certainly wasn't something anyone enjoyed. She'd last experienced something like that after a run in with Moira Skaldi, admittedly the woman was only trying to help her, when Cara wouldn't help herself by getting simple medical attention. Perfectly innocent intentions in that, but Cara never saw it that way.

"Right, figured as much." The trip from town to his personal home, was bound to give her time to reply to [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]'s recent Spacebook message. "So why exactly did we come all the way out here? I mean, I get some of the reasons. But why here?"

"About what you asked of me, I wish I was more, trusting, more okay with things moving forward. I just would rather get to know you better before sharing a bed with you. That's all." She said with a soft smile. Only time would tell if she meant it all. If she could truly get over her issues and be willing to let someone in at all.

(OOC: Go ahead and skip Siobhan, I didn't exactly leave her anything to post to in this post.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom