Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expanding Horizons (Cara)

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah had finally found what Hekler'Kok needed, a dedicated naval architect. One Cara Sampson. Noah at first didn't trust her because she use to design ships for the Arts and after their little failed attempt to take Fondor, most Protectorate soldiers would take the chance to shoot a woman like Cara on sight. But Noah was able to figure out through M.I.C.O that she had cut ties with the Arts and was looking to set up shop somewhere else. The problem for her though was that due to her cutting ties with the Arts, she no longer had the funding she needed to produce here designs. Noah had contacted her, providing her a solution, design ships for Hekler'Kok and he would fund all her projects. So now here he sat in a dingy bar, waiting for her to arrive.

Any other time, any other day Cara would never had taken any interest in what was offered. However for her, after the Emperor's death everything had changed. Her trusted corridor for work, funds, and life itself was gone with his passing. The sad fact was she needed the work, anything at all to maintain her livelihood and keep herself safe from any enemies she had out there, especially after the war and all. A sigh came as she worked through the busy streets, looking for the bar he'd mentioned in their conversations.

Every sensible part of her wanted to run, turn the other way and never look back. She didn't trust him, not in the least. But then again, Cara trusted a seldom few. Noah was no different and the idea of someone new, a new business dealing made her a touch twitchy. Finally her eyes came to rest of a half darkened sign, the bar she was looking for as it happened. One more sigh fell from her lips as she glanced back over her shoulder before stepping inside. Dressed simply, in a somewhat business manner, but as she entered the dingy place, somehow she felt out of place. Reminders in the bar a plenty of her battle with spice, a shudder running down her spine as she pushed those thoughts away. Walking to the barkeep she gave a small wave to flag him down, "Corellia whiskey, please."

Turning her back to the counter, letting her elbows rest upon it as she tried to relax. Her eyes flitting about the room, checking for her exits first before she looked for her contact. Finally she spotted Noah, with a nod to let him know she'd only be a moment more, she waited on the bartender. A thunk on the counter, and a touch to her shoulder told her it was ready. Glancing down, she took it not turning her back fully to Mr. Corek in the process. Taking it up, she at last headed slowly through the bar room to slip into the table just across from him. "Mister Corek, I presume." She said tentatively, seeming a little unsure of herself in this place. This position, quite unfamiliar. Last time she more than had the room to bargain for all she wanted and then some. Now sadly she needed him as much as he needed her. While she seemed completely innocent in the workings of darker places, shady bars, there was a reason a hold out blaster was hidden beneath her jacket, just in case. Cara was no fool, a girl could never be too safe in places like this. "Forgive me for being a little late, I'm afraid this planet I'm not terribly familiar with." Not quite the complete truth but he didn't need to know that. It just gave credence to her being later than she should have been.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah smiled when Cara sat in front of him, a glass of Corellian whiskey in her hand. Noah took a drink from his own glass, filled with the same whiskey as Cara's, before answering. "Please, call me Noah Miss Sampson. May I call you Cara?" Noah asked her as he took another sip from his glass and then heard her apologize for her tardiness, Noah didn't mind it though, it gave a man a time to mull over his own thoughts and organize his brain. "That is okay Miss Sampson, I have no problem with waiting." Noah said as he finished off the rest of his whiskey and then pushed it to the side, waiting for a attendant to come and refill it. "Shall we get down to the brass tacks and what it exactly we both want from each other?" Noah asked, fixing Cara with a serious stare, clearly it was time for business.

Cara didn't return the same smile, only the faintest upturn of her lips. Business was business and a deadly serious matter in her industry as it were. She bowed her head slightly at his request, "Of course you may, Noah." It felt strange on her lips, not used to using anyone's first names in affairs of this nature. His response to her tardiness, gave a small indication of the importance of her work to him. Anyone that would wait, usually more than needed the services offered.

She gave another nod, "Down to business it is." There had been a hope for small chat before they dove into deeper matters, but at the end of the day it was nothing more than an exchange of money and services. One theoretically didn't need to know the other well, but Cara wasn't anybody. She just needed to at least be able to lend a small bit of trust to the other party, and that was no easy task these days. "So tell me first off, how did you discover me? Not too many people know I exist these days. I suppose I'm not the Empire's best kept secret, but I assume some word got out when contracts fell through." A shrug followed, not caring too much on the matter. "And I guess the next question is what exactly are you looking for? Your expectations of a designer like me?" Simple enough and straight forward as she could be.

Glancing over her shoulder she let her eyes shift through the room of people, watching, looking for something or maybe someone. In truth a nervous habit, but it could not be helped. Her eyes finally moved to the two nearest exits before Cara looked back to Noah. After a moment, she finally took a sip from her glass, twisting her lips into a frown. It wasn't the same stuff as Corellia. Certainly an odd flavor, but it'd have to do for now. Perhaps it wasn't a bad thing, the last thing she needed was to get drunk in front of a potential client.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah smile a little wider when Cara gave him permission to use her first name. When she asked about how he was able to track her down, Noah let off a small grin. "Well Cara, after that little stunt the Arts pulled at Fondor, M.I.C.O. made it a priority to keep tabs on every high ranking member of the Arts and since you were the main designer of their ships, you were put up there at the top of the list, near the Emperor and his advisers. You were even slotted for assassination once, but it was called off." Noah informed her and if the tone of his voice was any indication, the last part wasn't a joke at all. "But onto business matters. The main thing I'm looking to gain from you Cara is a competent naval architect who knows how to design good ships. I've seen some of the designs you've made for the Arts in action against Protectorate and Fringe ships and I have to admit, some of the best designs I've seen next to Protectorate ships." Noah informed, deciding to pay her a small compliment to help smooth things along.

Cara frowned at his words, the thoughts didn't settle well with her. The idea that anyone would look to kill her, over trivial matters. Or at least what she saw as trivial, wasn't something she'd forget anytime soon. The reasons she'd ended up working for Atrisia was never her choice,. The decision while resting in her hands was of a limited nature. It wasn't a pleasant thought line to work back through even now. "I find that sad, to be honest." Her eyes fell away to the table, idly swirling the remains of her drink around, watching intensely as the fluid swished around her glass. "Especially since I never had the choice to work for them. Only to live or die by execution or death in prison, whichever happened first." She liked the idea of living too much to let it go on principle alone. Especially when there was little arguing room for her. She did, after all, do something more than worthy of capital punishment within the realm of the Empire.

The end of the day, she escaped lightly and knew it. Finally downing the rest of her drink and setting glass aside, she sighed before looking across the table to him. The light in her eyes seemingly to return, if only momentarily. "I, while I do exclusively work naval designs now... It wasn't always the case. Experimental remodel of antiques was my specialty before my personal issues within Atrisian Space. Which isn't to say I wasn't guilty of my crimes when I was caught red-handed. Just hardly fair to be sentenced to death for such a small matter." Her expression most sad, seeming to regret the way everything worked out.

"Hardly fair to be set for assassination, when if I wished to still be breathing, I had no option but to work for them instead of against them." Cold icy eyes boring into Noah across from her, annoyance at the situation. Only now she realized, the Emperor had been right to set Imperial Intelligence agents to guard her so very closely. Not only to protect himself, but to keep her safe from harm. After all she was the only true naval engineer that Atrisia had seen in hundreds of years. Most had been trapped, stuck to work on older craft, keep the fleet going. Not one in a very long time knew how exactly to build a ship from ground up. Her unique knowledge had saved her life at the time, but she'd never looked at it that way.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah sighed and rubbed his eyes, he had to admit, he probably shouldn't have said anything about her being slated to be killed, but a good business relationship was based upon trust and honesty, and he thought that she should know this. "Well, you were slated until we found out that you were basically being held against your will, after that, some people in the Protectorate were sympathetic and decided that you shouldn't be killed, I was one of the more, vocal ones about your right to live." Noah informed her as the waitress finally came and refilled his drink. "But lets talk about less depressing things. Like what you can bring to the table if I decide I should fund Sampson Designs."

[member="Noah Corek"]

Cara nodded, the frown not quite leaving her face. A brow lofted in response and for a tense minute she only watched him, saying not a word. There was an internal debated one of should she stay or should she go. Glancing to the door, the only clue she'd give for a moment or two more of what she was thinking, uncertain that she wanted in bed with these people. Then the other side to that thought finally caught up, if she didn't what would be left of her, the business. Twisting her lips, she couldn't seem to make up her mind.

At last she leaned back in the booth, turning back to look at the man before her again. "I see." She said softly. He had her attention, but not perhaps in the way he thought. For another long moment, she only watched, waited, looking for the tiniest micro-expressions to give any detail to her. Some part of her wanting to make him squirm just a little while she rolled through possibilities in her mind.

"Less depressing? Don't think that's really possible." A shrug followed, as she moved on-wards in her mind, to his question. "But I suppose I can try."

Idly she rapped her fingers on the edge of the table, her thoughts deepening as she tuned out the rest of the world around her for a moment. Her focus solely on the task at hand. Moving just to her index finger, she used it, to write a few things upon the table. Just to give a more present form to her thoughts. Slowly working through older designs one by one, to find what was possible for her to do easily and quickly. "The better question is, what I can't do." Perhaps an eccentric trait, but what engineer wasn't at least a little bit odd?

Stopping the movements on the table, she looked up again. "I've worked all the way from small stealth fighters on up through carriers, and even larger research ships. Given enough time I can do anything I wish. As long as the supplies are provided, adequate research and testing facilities are present and funding is a constant. As well as my personal security. It's not the first time my life has been threatened, and I doubt the last. Picking up any project comes with certain inherent dangers. I do expect a certain level of protection to not only me, but as well the designs and facilities that I work in." She was being completely truthful in that regard. "You, yourself, once had me pinned for assassination, as you so quaintly put it. Not a position I want to be put in again. I'm sure you understand." Her needs she had to clarify from the start, and make sure she was understood before she ventured further. "And, housing if I choose to bring my business to you. As I've recently found myself homeless, save for my personal ship."

Her thoughts wandered back to what he wanted from her. "You want someone who is competent, intelligent, flexible, and knows her field as if it were the back of her hand...." She finally smiled, almost smirked. One might say she was more than comfortable, perhaps even cocky. "I'm the girl for that. You've already seen my previous designs, which are already sorely outdated. The Protectorate's is as well. Too many fleets in the galaxy are outdated, with the most advanced civilizations now. Things need to be changing. A new trend created, and new innovations made. With the right help, I can do that. If I'm to be blatantly honest, those ships were not my finest. Learned a lot the hard way." Her mood a bit more chipper, even given her recent admission.

"Lastly, one thing you won't get anywhere else is a engineer who isn't afraid to step into her own ships, even under the worst conditions. For instance, a shakedown cruise, in the middle of a live battlefield. Unlike my counterparts in my field, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty or risk my life in the process, if that's what it takes." She paused a moment thinking back to the best results that ever happened under her watch. Mistakes had been made that were beyond her control. The end result was fabulous in her eyes. Her first carrier.

"The end of the day, there is one thing I learned in the beginning and its never led me wrong. Listen to your ship, they have a heartbeat of their own. Know that rhythm well enough and even before something fails, you'll know. They'll tell you everything you need to know, if you know how their heart beats." Cara paused for a moment, probably getting too far in the metaphorical end of things, but she knew damn well it took a good ear to listen to a ship. Knew for a fact that what kept a ship in the air was love, not anything else regardless of what anyone else said. Her experiences spoke drastically otherwise.

"In fact, place me in the most high pressure situation you can think of, and even better results come out. I'm used to having it rough. I'm used to not having what I need, and having to make due on the fly. Improvising to fix what goes wrong, the second it happens rather than wait for a mess of a ship to come back to me, a failure. That is what I am good at, that is my job. Fixing the unexpected, often jury rigging until we can make it home to do the real repairs. That is where I excel. Honestly never met someone who could do it better than I."

Perhaps she was now gaining confidence in all she'd lost of late. The memories flooded back to her of the successes she had when everything was on the line, and those simple moments made her happy. No one could ever take those things away from her. No one. "I do not fail. There may be set backs but failure is not an option. It never has been and never will it be. Ask for what you want from a ship, I'll figure out how to do it. One way or another it will happen. In that you can count on me." And now it was time to get serious, her expression drastically shifting. "However, if I cannot count on you, I cannot make such promises."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah stared Cara down as she did the same to him, he wasn't scare, he had faced down Bando Gora hordes and Graug, a little ship engineer who's neck he could easily snap didn't scare him one bit. Due to her scrutinizing gaze, Noah knew that she was sizing him up, looking for any little expression that would tell her his intentions. Noah, relying on his commando training, gave her no indication, this and Noah completely blank faced made it almost as hard to read as Cira's. Finally Cara began to speak, she started with a eccentric phrase, Noah didn't mind a bit of eccentricness, just as long as the person wasn't overly eccentric. "Security isn't a problem. Ravenwood Industries, a PMC company which is a subsidiary of Hekler'Kok will be providing around the clock security all day for both you and the facilities you'll be working at. Housing isn't a problem either, you'll be set up with a house on Fenessa near the Hekler'Kok's headquarters, you'll have anything you want in the way of food, comfort and entertainment." Noah informed her with a smile and listen to the rest of her rambling, when she expressed her doubts about her being able to count on him, Noah had accounted for this and already had thought up a solution. "If you couldn't count on me, would why I be making this deal? I'm a honest man and gentleman at heart. But if that's not enough, well I guess your just going to have to take a chance."

[member="Noah Corek"]

She chuckled at some internal thought as she finally broke her gaze off. As surprising as it might have been, him falling back on his training gave her more than she needed to know. Even a blank face, did give away something to her. She'd been in the business of reading people far longer than anyone would give her credit for. Far too many years in dark places across the galaxy as she worked her way up the food chain. "Good to know neither will be an issue. Solves a few immediate problems of mine." It didn't hurt to make sure she was comfortable. After all, comfort and safety would eventually instill trust but she wasn't there, yet. No, for her that took much longer.

She twisted her lips in response, his last words not sitting well with her. "You did read my file, yes? So I'm assuming you saw the trust issues part. I'm not about to make a leap of faith without knowing there is something there to catch me, should I fall." Everything about her seemed quite firm in that. "I need something first. A show of good faith. Anything to know I'm not stepping into yet another trap, again. Intel can't be that good if they skimped on those details."

Cara sighed, annoyed to say the least. "My good faith was meeting you here without a thermal detonator in hand." Something about her tone was deadly serious, no longer any bit the light and happy engineer. "Too many folks have tried to have me killed or captured in such meets. Have to realize where I started and how far I've come. From losing my family completely as a child, to getting caught up in drugs. Took losing my leg before snapping out of it, and working my way away from spice. I never had it easy, and have had to fight tooth and nail for all I've gotten. I don't have a problem doing what I have to, to keep me safe from harm. To keep me out of another deal like Atrisia." She finally seemed to stop, letting the rest of her frustrations out in a huff. Leaning forward, head in her hand, she hated to be so bold out front with her opinions but she was feeling a little cornered and less and less like he understood her.

"My life used to be a very much nexu eats nexu kind of place, to a degree it still is. The nature of the job." Another sigh followed, "So please don't take me as some sweet, innocent, fool. I didn't get where I am by trusting every soul that walked in with a smile and spoke gentle words. Often times, the sweetest looking deal is the one that bites you in the end. I'd appreciate something on your part aside from sweet words, Mister Corek." Reverting back to her habits of using last names when she meant business. "You can't honestly blame me for being cautious when it comes to such matters. For my lack of trust in anyone. After all the people I trusted most in the end ultimately betrayed me, damn near got me killed thrice over. Given the reasons I was chased from Atrisia, blamed for something I had nothing to do with, screwed by yet another being in my life, that I supposedly could trust...."

Finally she stopped completely, just stopped herself and inhaled sharply before she let the held breath out slowly. The woman certainly had her issues, but one couldn't blame her for them entirely. "I just need you to show me you intend to follow through in some manner and we can put this nastiness behind us. Even if its as simple as showing me the facility you plan for me to work within." Seemingly tired and worn by her own complexities, she allowed her own vulnerabilities to show through. In that small moment she was just a woman who had ever reason to be afraid, every reason to worry. Damn good reasons to not trust those who smiled pretty and talked sweet, since those tended to be the first people to put a knife in her back. "I only need something a little more tangible than words alone. Surely you cannot blame me for that."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah sighed as Cara finished her talking and then sent a glance to the briefcase he had brought with him just in case she didn't got for just his words. "Your right, I can't blame you for not taking me at my word and I doubted you would." Noah told her as he grabbed the briefcase from beside him and put it on the table. He slid it across to her and leaned back into his chair. "In that briefcase is ten million credits, a years advance salary. Your right, you can't trust me right away and neither do I expect you to, but I'm hoping that a whole years advanced salary will make it so we can at least pave the path to a trust and mutual friendship and business relationship that we can both enjoy and profit from." Noah informed her and took a sip from his now full drink. There was one extra thing in the briefcase, a datapad. On that datapad was the cordinates for a MC30c and two GR-75 medium transports that were just floating in space, Noah had found them in his time in the Republic and had put trackers on them, deciding that they would be worth something on day, now Noah though Cara would like them as a sort of personal side project and maybe to be flagships for a trading fleet that Hekler'Kok might assemble.

Cara paused for a moment as he spoke, bringing the briefcase out. Her hand had moved under her jacket for a brief moment not trusting what he was about to do. Only did she relax a little as he slid it over to her. Lofting a brow she looked from him to it and back again. Still she hadn't opened it. At least not yet. Part of her wondering if there was some mechanism to disable or kill her if she opened it, or why anyone would offer so much in advance. No one had ever presented a deal to her quite like this one. It seemed just like one of those far too sweat deals she'd spoken about earlier. For now she said nothing on her feelings about that subject.

"As much as I'd like to open the case right now, I'd rather know what I'm getting into before I do." Pushing the briefcase to the side without opening it, she turned her focus back to him. "What are the contract terms? How many years of employment are you expecting? Weekly hours, fifty to eighty, or simply what is required to get the job done? What do you expect out of me in this process? I want to make sure we are on the same page right now. So that expectations between us never exceed what is possible." It seemed for now she was on a better page. Though there was a small part of her that wondered if she could just take the briefcase and leave. It'd more than take care of her for a long while, but that itch to build and create new things seemed to override her old habits of her previous crime-ridden life.

"Judging on the amount alone, I'm betting it's safe to say you have high expectations and desires." Her eyes moved back to the case for a brief moment, curious if he'd really dared to bring that much with him. "I just want to be sure I can fulfill the role you have in mind for me before we worry about such a thing as credits." Maybe she was more trusting, given she'd not checked to confirm his words. Or maybe she just worried about what would happen in such a bar, if she opened the case and anyone saw what was really there.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah rubbed between his eyes, more from a lack of sleep than his growing impatience about the situation. "The contract terms are simple. You work to produce ship blueprints that Hekler'Kok can produce from our three Cardan-class space stations around Fenessa. Your hours will be decided by yourself, if you feel like you've done enough that week, you may take the rest of the week off and vice-versa. Of course I they find that your are purposely slacking, certain penalties while be taken. The penalties may range from having your pay docked a small amount of full-out termination. Now, if you want, we can travel to Fenessa and I can get your a tour of the main space station, a Cardan III." Noah told her, taking a swig from his glass, finishing off the whiskey and ordering another one.

Idly she reached up behind her ear to scratch a small itch underneath her hair as he spoke. Biting at the inside of her lip, she still seemed a fair bit nervous to walk into this situation but the terms laid out were simple enough, standard fare for the most part. As long as everything was done in a reasonable amount of time, hell she could have a few days off a week. Which, at this point, the downtime was something she desperately needed. "Hmmm, so sounds like if I so choose it, I could make blueprints and designs on my personal ship and send them in if I'm caught away for personal matters. All in all not a bad deal." She knew it was bound to come up sooner or later, her disappearing into never-land for a few days at a time, without much told to others around her. Slacking wasn't in her nature, often pushing herself to extremes to get what she wanted done, even at the cost of her health and livelihood. Naturally it just never occurred to her to do something of that kind, ever. It simply just wasn't in her blood.

Closing her eyes she sighed slowly as she leaned forward to rub at them, hating business deals of this nature for a reason. Everything about what should be a normal business arrangement made her jumpy. Never once had she gone in and felt totally comfortable or at home. "Well, it's not like I have much better to do right now. So, why don't we go ahead and get moving in that general direction. We'll have a look at your operations, and see if anything needs updating before I come in." Thinking it through one final time, the arrangement was something she could live with. The question remained if he was being completely truthful with her, but Cara supposed she'd find out soon enough. There was no getting around the fact that she'd have to look at her possible future workplace, and nothing about that arrangement really made her comfortable. It left far too many unknowns out there, too many variables to even begin to dig through for a risk assessment. "If everything is as you say it is, then we can ink out the deal then. Until that point, I won't be signing anything aside from a possible non-disclosure agreement."

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah smiled and stood from his seat, making sure to finish off his glass of whiskey the waitress had so kindly refilled after he emptied it. Noah then motioned for Cara to follow him as he walked out of the door and towards the spaceport. Once at the spaceport they would arrive at a K-type Star Yacht that was common sight when officers of the Omega Protectorate were concerned. Once there, Noah typed and code into a door control near the landing ramp, this caused the ramp to lower and to reveal the inside of the yacht. Noah, being a gentleman, motioned for her to go first. "Ladies first." Noah said simply giving her what he hoped to be a disarming smile.

Cara watched as he stood, and soon followed as she grabbed the briefcase. With a few quick steps, she placed herself right beside him. She lofted a brow as he keyed in the passcode, "Not the safest system I must admit," Critiquing the ship's security for a start. It could hardly be helped. Her original job had been making over older ships, which meant knowing where every flaw laid. "However, I assume you don't have the same issues with security that I do."

She paused for a moment as he motioned for her to go first, glancing to him with an expression of what could be considered concern. The idea of going on someone else's ship, but having to put her back to him for even the briefest of times bothered her more than she'd ever admit to. Just this once, just this once.... Get through this and all will be well. A silent though though which Cara trying her best to convince herself that this was just a deal, and nothing would go wrong. After a sigh, she stepped cautiously forward and soon enough stepped into the ship itself. Pausing in the space at the top of the ramp, just inside the door-frame, she turned back to him waiting. It wasn't her ship after all, and Cara didn't like the idea of wandering around on it alone. It bothered her a fair bit when people wandered on her personal ship, when she wasn't there. But, she had her paranoid tendencies.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
(I'm sorry for taking so long, IRL stuff got to me and then my LOA, but now I'm back to full posting)
Noah smiled when Cara walked up before him, not because it was a trap, but because it showed Noah a good trait about her, she was willing to go out of her comfort zone when it was required. Once she got to the top and then looked back at him it also showed him another thing, that the latter trait was only to a certain extent, which wasn't t bad, but nor was it good. As soon as he reached the top Noah gestured Cara to follow as they walked through the yacht. Noah didn't like it, the oppulent lifestyle wasn't for him, he was a soldier, always had been and always would be, but it paid to make a good first impression and a K-type from the Theed hangars was a good enough impression. After a minute or two of walking, they came to a door, Noah opened it to show a modest sized suite, complete with all the anemties for Cara. "You can sleep here, It will be a fourteen hour trip to Fenessa, if you I'll be in my personal suite, there are a few things I need to do." Noah informed her as he rubbed his eyes, the lack of sleep clearing showing.

(No worries, life happens. 'Tis all good.)

Cara patiently followed him within the ship, not entirely comfortable in the place just yet. It was not her ship after all. Nor was she the one doing the flying either, small discomforts in the scheme of things, but none the less unsettling with her distrusting nature. Coming to her room, she nodded slowly as he spoke. "Thank you. It's much appreciated." She said softly. "I'm certain nothing will come up that I'll need to bother you over." Right now, briefcase still in hand, she wanted just to have a moment or two to herself. "I've my own business affairs to manage. Work is the one thing I've never quite been able to fully escape. Such is life. I'm sure, with your own company, you understand."

With her eccentric nature, Cara already was certain sleep would not come easily here. Though that was nothing new given her past and all the things she'd been through to date. Until she was one thousand percent certain that Corek could be trusted, she'd have to be vigilant that nothing went wrong in the mean time. They had plenty of time for trust building, but it was just going to take her a bit longer than most folk. With a soft smile, she glanced back to him. At least she was being a little less on the offensive, and starting to relax, though only a little. "I'll see you once we've arrived. But, don't worry about disturbing me in the mean time. If you need something, I'm sure I'll be awake. Especially, with all I need to work through in between now and then."

After a brief pause, she stepped into what would be her room for the duration of the little trip to Fenessa. Slowly moving forward while leaving the door open for the time being, she took a seat on the bed, removing a datapad from her pocket. Absentmindedly she thumbed through recently received messages, only occasionally stopping to reply, or take a note on a particular subject to manage later.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
[member="Cara Sampson"]
Noah gave gave a smile before walking off to his own cabin just a dozen meters down the hall. Once there Noah opened the door to his cabin and walked in, once inside, he sat in his favorite chair, a black saucer chair lined with Nexu fur that was suprisingly comfortable given the chairs weird shape. After a few minutes of just sitting there with his eyes closed, Noah grabbed a datapad off of the nearby table and started sorting through the mail he had gotten. Most of it was junk, info mail, ads and other assorted crap, but every once and a while a message from Protectorate command and Pyre command or a message for the HK board of directors, off course Noah rarely listened to the directors. After a while, Noah got bored and decided to call down to the galley to see if they could cook something up. When they responded with a affirmative Noah smiled and stood, closing the final message he had been looking Noah stood and walked out of his room and turned towards Cara's room. That wasn't the way to the galley, but it would be rude if he ate without asking Cara if she wanted anything. Noah walked down the hall and then lightly knocked on her open door to get her attention. "Hey, I was just about to head down to the galley to grab a bite to eat. You want anything?" Noah asked with with a smile and a raised eyebrow.

[member="Noah Corek"]

Cara dutifully kept working on her own datapad. A stylus in hand, she sat sketching out a draft revision of one of her few remaining private projects. The way she went about it, almost absentmindedly, oddly enough worked out much better for the blonde. Something about dropping away conscious thought, and letting her subconscious take over even if briefly always yielded great results. In the end it didn't matter how she got there, just as long as the result exceeded expectations.

As distracted from the situations as Cara was, she failed to hear footsteps approaching the door. Noah's voice startled her, the smallest of jumps just barely noticeable as she glanced up. For a brief moment, she considering his words. The last time she had let someone offer her dinner, it didn't end well. Internally she cursed a certain incredibly human-like droid.

Glancing to the time, she shook her head with a small chuckle. "I'd actually forgotten about eating. Probably should grab something, I suppose." With a small sigh, she tucked the datapad into her pocket along with the stylus. "It's kind of you to offer. Thank you." Rising slowly, she crossed the space between them and gave a small wave of her hand, motioning for him to lead the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom