Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excellence is an Art [Chikako Liona]

Tags: [member="Chikako Liona"]
Katanos_Bar1.png
"A fighter, a real strong fighter, should always look dignified and calm, and I believe that any expression of aggression is an expression of weakness. A strong person will not be nervous and will not express aggression towards his opponent. He will be confident in his abilities and his training; then he will face the fight calm and balanced."
Katanos_Bar1.png

Srina moved through the well-lit corridors of the Confederate training facility on Geonosis at a leisurely pace. She knew every nook and cranny of the vast fortress, and made it her duty, to check in on the newly minted soldiers going through basic. The building was large, well-fortified, and painted in rather drab colors of gray on the inside and soft brown for the exterior. The outside mimicked the sand and desert that surrounded Golbah City itself. Close the capital building, where politicians and viceroyalty held their meetings, but far enough away to observe protocol. It was a bastion of safety and security in a place that seemed specifically designed to devour and destroy all things. Not even droids were spared the eroding effects of dirt and dust that caked in their gears and joints.

Yet here, in an unlikely place, the small Echani found herself at peace. It was unlike the tall white towers of Eshan that pierced the sky, but no less appealing, in its own way.

The slender young woman walked with all the grace of a little warrior queen with two soft towels slung loosely over her shoulder. She held a basket in her other hand, having prepared two chilled bota’s of water, and a light, fruit-based snack. There were sealed containers that held an assortment of emerald grapes, sweet berries, burrfruit, and most importantly, jogan fruit. Srina would have made something more substantial but her culinary skills were lacking. Besides, something light, after a hard morning session would serve her new pupil well.

The designated training room was empty when she arrived. No, [member="Chikako Liona"] was not late, but Srina always attempted to arrive early enough to secure a space. There were hundreds of men and women that used this facility regularly to improve their skills. The Confederacy was at war and the diligence of their people showed through hard work and determination. The room was a shade of off-white, taupe, with padded walls and floors. It was designed to absorb even the most powerful of Force Related attacks and kinetic blasts.

Srina seemed small, nearly approachable, in such a large open space. The diminutive apprentice set the items that she had brought with her on the singular bench in the room. It was important to her that her student stayed hydrated, especially, because she seemed less experienced in the ways of their people. Srina had grown up in House Vail, where combat, and military prowess were valued above most other things. Yes, her father was a diplomat, and her mother was an artist, but they had already completed their required tenure in the service by the time she was born. This girl seemed to have no memory, no recollection, of any sort of discipline or teachings that would help her navigate the galaxy safely.

As an Assistant Viceroyal, she would need to know how to protect herself, no matter how many guards she had access to. No Echani should ever wait for someone else to save them. They were perfectly capable of saving themselves.

The striking woman was dressed for the morning in what seemed to be very little. A pair of fitting black leggings, with black strips of leather, tucked into what appeared to be knee-high, soft, flat-bottomed boots. They had tread for traction but no heel to speak of. On her torso, she wore a work out brassiere that was a bland grey color. The rest of her remained bare. All in all, imposing, she was not. Even her hair, braided back in one long, thick rope, seemed almost reminiscent of a child.

She did not seem like someone that could split a man in half with minimal effort, or someone that could summon a Smoke Demon, but she was. All aspects of her person should be regarded with caution and care.

Srina made her way to the middle of the room and her body folded down to a seated position. Legs crossed, hands resting on her knees, she closed her eyes to meditate until [member="Chikako Liona"] arrived.

Katanos_Bar1.png

Location: Golbah City Geonosis - On Route To Training Facility
Tags: [member="Srina Talon"]

Looks can often be deceiving, one must be aware of the true intention that lie behind the faces many put forward, you may be surprised by what you find, a Shocking Truth

Geonosis was not a planet Chikako spent a lot of time on often residing on Mikko as she studied up on diplomatic text, learning the ins and out of being a representative of the Confederacy, a small step in coming closer to the title of Vicroy in the ever expanding borders of the new galactic power. Though such was only a small step in the grander scheme of things, one that would remain secluded from the rest until the time was right, after all Chikako was young, having many years still ahead. Still while walking through the massive hallways of splendid architect she could not help but let a small amount of pride bubble up from inside, honesty impressed with herself in the sudden change of being an amnesiac traveler to an assistant viceroy to a powerful government.

In the end, no matter how many ball room dances and meetings she attended Chikako was still an Echani, and despite her young and innocent looks combat was a major part of their culture and way of life, all learning to fight all being to some extent warriors. Though the regaining of her memories through dream, in thanks to the witches of Dathomir, had help in the resurface of combat skills, all she really knew where the basics of their races marital arts, and even Minlohku. Said fighting style being art of glass dart throwing, which the young noble had adapted with the use of her hair needles, where she had learned that was yet to return in the memory dream.

One thing was certain though, Chikako was in need of training, but not just any master, not just any species, she wanted her instructor to be Echani, one that would be able to pass on the teachings of their people, though as far as she knew [member="Srina Talon"] was the only other Echani among the CIS that held such a position. It was honestly a heart racing ordeal, one of her position and student to Darth Metus, it was making her rather nervous to have them as a personal teacher, 'no Fredrika you are a fighter, not some scared child, grow a spin already'. Steeling her him the young girl entered into the training room, the large open white space making her feel even shorter then she already was, its walls seeming to go on forever, its height not being much different.

Looking briefly around her silver gaze fell upon the woman who would teach the ways of becoming a true fighter, their attire being a stark contrast to the usual noble array of clothing the Vice Lord donned usually, though not dissimilar from her own in colour and style. Chikako wearing her usual over the knee tight like socks, combined with no slip workout shoes, tight sweat pants, allowing her thighs to show, all complete with a sports bra, one that almost covered her midriff, though one rather large difference between the two women was height and, 'other' assets.

Walking towards the seated woman, feet making an audible echo through the vacant room, her posture being that of a regal person, but also carrying a causal tone to it, hello Talon, I hope this day finds you well". Like always her voice carried that innocent child like manner to it, making it incomprehensible to others how the young girl was able to slay beast and man with no hesitation as well as commanding fire on a whim. "All prepped and ready to go whenever you are ready".

Tags: [member="Chikako Liona"]

Katanos_Bar1.png

She took the time to calm her mind. To steady herself, so that she need not worry about anything, once the assistant Viceroyal arrived. She had many things to do while on Geonosis in the stead of her Master, but first, she would visit with [member="Chikako Liona"] to determine where they would need to begin. Every student, every Echani, despite their similarities, was different. Each learned at their own pace. And from what she understood, the young noble did not remember much of her past, or the teachings that their people held so dear.

The ability to read someone with a glance was not a completely inherited ability. If her memories had been lost, it was something she would need to relearn, versus being able to do it naturally. That was probably the first thing she remembered learning before all else. The value of being cognizant of surroundings and the people in it was invaluable. If Ms. Liona wanted to learn the ways of their people, and not simply a fighting style, she might have bitten off more than she could chew. She could hear the door open, soft footsteps, but remained still.

A small voice, much higher pitched than her own met her ears, and the Apprentice turned her focus fully on the Echani teen. “Greetings, Ms. Liona.”, she responded, opening her eyes, to review the girl fully. She was uncertain of many things. Her childlike nature was not befitting the Echani warriors that she had known for the majority of her life. “Come. Sit with me.”

“Tell me…What do you know of Eshan? Of home?”, she questioned, almost gently, while resting delicate hands on her knees. She did not sit with her legs tucked beside her like a High Born should. No, she sat with her legs crossed, feet tucked beneath her. “I have heard that your memories are fractured. I have also heard you refer to yourself as a Duchess. To my knowledge, we did not have that title for the High Born when I left Eshan. That leads me to believe it is either very old or very new.”

Silver eyes were silent. Like most Echani they had some definite similarities between them. Their hair was white as the purest snowfall, eyes, pools of mercury. Skin that was pristine, alabaster, and almost ghostly pale. There were some differences beyond that. Cheekbones, musculature structure, general proportions were all off…But in normal society, Chikako Liona could have easily passed for a relative.

To an Echani, where families looked much more similar, they were as different as night and day.

“I only ask because different houses, different clans, favor different teachings. Yet beyond it all the first lesson we must learn is the art of communication. Echani speak without words. We tell stories through combative expression. It isn’t always violence, which we seek, but a means of displaying tragedy, heartache, love, and joy. It is just as deadly as it is beautiful.”, she paused, letting her words sink in, if they were not already known. She could only assume that the girl across from her was unaware, or, she would not have requested Srina specifically. Anyone could teach martial arts. Only Srina, or perhaps Ahani, could teach like an Echani. “I need you to understand that training with me will not be easy. I will not treat you gently. I will teach you as I was taught. You will bleed, little one.”

“You will learn to survive, to anticipate incoming attacks, and you will have a new understanding. Combat will be available to you with new eyes and I will teach you how to win. But, you will bleed.”

Dire words, from such a colorless, joyless being. Srina did not lie, she did not embellish, she treated Chikako respectfully—But wanted her to be fully aware of what she was asking for. The alternative was easy. She would train her the way she had trained Er’in Tenel. Although the Hapan was a quick learner, and powerful, she would never fight like one born of Eshan. “It is your choice how we proceed. If you would simply like to learn the basics—I can accommodate that as well. While you think it over…”, she let her hand rise into the air and a water bota floated over effortlessly from the bench by the door. It spun in slow circles before Chikako simply there for her to take. “Hydrate. It will help regardless your decision. I will wait.”

Katanos_Bar1.png

Location: Golbah City Geonosis - On Route To Training Facility
Tags: [member="Srina Talon"]

Chikako had been a little hesitant at meeting with Lady Talon due to her being a fighter, though a 'High Born' seemed to have seen a great deal of combat back home weather she had at one point known the woman remained a mystery, but so far she seemed decent enough to talk with. Following her lead the small very intimidating girl sat down, cross her legs in an elegant fashion as the two began to talk, of course the conversation starting off with her fractured memories and amnesia. "I do not remember that much, mostly bits and pieces of my mother and some plan she had to unite some other noble house and high borns with the Thyrian clans and try to resolve the century long issues between each race".

"As for my title, it was suggested to me by some people among the Confederacy Hierarchy, I believe that I am the only surviving heir to my house, as such the basic title of Duchess seems to befit me when talking to others seeing it is a high noble title but not royalty". It did seem confusing, but Chikako did not really intend to head home anytime soon, not until her family's enemies where found out and taken care of, in the mean time remaining here among the CIS and gaining more power would suffice. If the attack came from outside of inside forces was probably the most controversially part of the whole ordeal, had other Echnai attacked her ship? or was it Sun guard insurgents.

"Yes I do remember the art of communication, despite my memory loss the basics of our martial arts still lingers in my mind, I would guess how I fight reflects who I am as a person, my values, beliefs and life focuses, and knowing most of us look identical was one of the few memories that never left". "Besides it is rather common knowledge that Echani share the same facial features". Still it was probably true that Chikako's family was vastly different from Talons, from what memories that remain and had returned her mother was quite the charismatic diplomat which a silver tongue to match her eyes, that still did not mean that house Liona did not bring us warriors. "Lady Talon, I may look delicate and childish but I have stared down many wild beasts without fear, my blade tasting much blood during my travels before coming here, but I would still assume your training will be grueling, just don't expect me to give up quickly".

She was not sure if Talon was treating her this way due to simple lack of experience with each other, not knowing what the young Echani new and not, or just because her small statue and seemingly child like persona made the woman doubt Chikako's combat capability. "I am ready to proceed with the routine, please elaborate on what our first exercise will be"? she replied taking the water bottle,sipping the cool thirst quenching fluid. Said exercise most likely being stretches if anything was to go by, even if Echani training was tough it was not suicidal, if such happened the race would not exist, well hopefully, as Talon said each house had their own costumes, perhaps Talon was a jump straight into it sort of person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom