Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion @Everyone

Living In Color
Codex Judge
Big threads tend to get a lot of people posting, and sometimes big things happen that could affect lots of folks gets lost because tagging every single person sometimes leads to missing one or a mistype that ruins the tags, etc. And sure, discprd can be used. But not everyone uses Discord.

I don't know how it'd work, but a quick @everyone tag that mentions people who post in a thread would make it way easier for folks to get on the same page when big things happen in big threads. That's the suggestion.

Someone technical tell me if it's possible tho pls.

Caedyn Arenais

C
I would be down for this.

Would make it easier than going through every individual writer in an Invasion to get their tags, and potentially making the mistake of missing one or two which I've been guilty of in the past.

This would be cool if it’s possible because the “watch thread” thing does not work.

But maybe not allow it in the articles. Theoretically yes Holo announcements are for the whole galaxy but OOC just no lol.

My two cents at least

Toltec

▂ ▅ ▇ █ ◧⟤⟤⬛⟥⟥◨ █ ▇ ▅ ▂
The suggestion is for an everyone to tag people in the thread, not the whole site.

there's no functionality that allows this, would be cool if it did though

I gave it a brief look, the only snippet that I learned that I didn't already know is that editing in new mentions do not alert the target user.

The forum only checks upon new post creation, not when a post is edited. ie, if you look at a post and it has your mention in it, but you didn't get the alert, that could be why.

Also watch notifications is literally what I live by so I don't know what Kitter Bitters Kitter Bitters is talking about, there's nothing to support that it doesn't work. You will only get the latest alert, though.

Also watch notifications is literally what I live by so I don't know what Kitter Bitters Kitter Bitters is talking about, there's nothing to support that it doesn't work. You will only get the latest alert, though.

Mine do not. I just posted a thread about this. Sometimes I get them and sometimes I dont. I am assuming I am not the only one if Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok said they are finicky too.

That issue is not the point of this thread though so let’s not derail it. If you want to know more though I am happy to chat KitterBitters#0902

Someone technical tell me if it's possible tho pls.

The short answer - not explicitly

The much longer answer involves contacting the company that maintains and supports this engine.

Sites get buggy and glitchy. Before tagging was an option we used to just dm each other something like - Tag you’re it… or how many times do we see that happening in discord as it is.

I understand it might be easier… is it essential to roleplay… not really.

Besides you know the minute everyone gets tired of getting pinged for a post that isn’t relevant to their character we will see a suggestion thread pop up that says…

Eliminate the @Everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom