Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Everybody was Kung Phu Fighting (Open to FO, others PM)

0Ua9VoOl.jpg

While gambling and carousing was highly frowned upon within the realm of the First Order, Phu one was one of the only planets where an unsanctioned trip with drinking and frolicing could go unnoticed. Varas Ren entered the brightly neon-lit establishment called The Pink Bardotta in her usual black leather pants, tee and sweatshirt. There was no need to dress up when she was only there to drink and gather intel. And maybe gambling just a little bit on the pod-racing.

Her father would not like that she was here, but Varas had learned how to evade him so that she could sneak out at night, take a ship and go to whatever destination she wanted to.

And tonight that was Phu.

“500 credits on Hal Jorel,” the Ren Knight said, plopping down credits on one of the podracers who was racing that night. “And I’ll have a Riosan mead.”

The filling beverage would likely cause stomach problems later, but she had a taste for it. And tonight, free of her father’s yoke and her responsibilities as a Ren, Varas was okay with a bitter smack. As long as it got her karked up, everything would be alright.

@Aren Graves

Aren Graves

"Justice may only be delivered by the just."
Aren kept an emotionless expression as he and four other troopers marched down the crowded streets of Phu. Their glossy white armor reflecting the pink and purple lights of the city. It was almost beautiful to see the colors mix and dance across the marching troopers as they traversed the streets. Aren hated assignments like these, his true domain was the field, not Intel gathering and drug busts. He figured that would have been left to lesser men, but for today is was his assignment. His eyebrows furrowed as he realized the multitude of other things he could be doing. His leather gloves made a sliding sound as they gripped his blaster with immense anger.

"We are approaching the target location men, remember to act natural. We are just a patrol stopping for a drink. Keep your recording devices on at all times, we'll analyze the audio when we return." The four troopers nodded in conformation as they stopped their march and faced the large cantina before them. The blinding pink lights illuminated the dim streets as random citizens stared at the troopers who were seemingly having a bit of fun. As Aren entered the bustling of servers and patrons was almost too much to take. He removed his helmet and ran his gloved hand through his mop of hair. He immediately noticed a girl sitting alone at the bar. A good start to investigate. The Sergeant Major placed his helmet on the elongated table and took his seat. "Water please." The bartender looked at him like he was insane but Aren simply smiled and replied "I don't drink." He heard the girl beside him snicker at his response he turned to smile at the girl and raise an eyebrow "Was something humorous?"

[member="Varas Ren"]

ffbBTO1.png

Kyrel was very displeased with his daughter, even more so than usual. But this time she had crossed the line, the Ren right now were in turmoil since Lothal, and he was struggling to keep it all together and be a Father on top of it. The stress was definitely high for him, and he had no time dealing with a woman looking to constantly do what she wanted, he allowed her most often to do so giving her the illusion that she had such freedom, but with her Master gone, and she is one of the only Knights of the Order. Changes had to be made, desperate times had indeed called for desperate measures. These were one of them.

Taking an Upsilon class Shuttle from the Bastion of Ren, which had for right now become his residence. No longer affording to spend too much time on Mustafar, he was now forced to try and guide the Ren on Virgillia. Keeping a tracking chip installed within her body since her inception as a clone in order find her at all times. It didn't take him long to track her down to the First Imperial world of Phu. Where in the outer reaches of First Order space, vices such as drugs and gambling were still prevalent in that corner of Imperial space.

Arriving within a couple of days behind Varas, he emerged from the landing ramp wearing his signature armor. Making sure his identity could not be seen. Though it was doubtful anyone would recognize him. Following the tracker through the HUD of his mask, he approached a bar slowly. The Pink Bardotta it was called. Stepping inside slowly all eyes were fixed on him as he focused on the girl at the bar, the tracker on his HUD beeped. He approached and only uttered one word, the sinister metallic tone dripped with anger. "Varas!" Paying no attention to the Stormtrooper that was also there as his mind was focused on one thing. His daughter.
@Aren Graves [member="Varas Ren"]​

Mother karker, sometimes she forgot all about that bloody tracking chip. Furthermore Varas didn’t need to look to see that her father had arrived. She could feel his strong Force signature not unlike a tractor beam. Throwing the hood of her sweatshirt up - flimsy armor at best, he’d still find her, but at least it would buy her some time - she turned to the patron next to her, alerted to his presence by his white stormtrooper helmet landing atop the bar with a thunk.

“More than you know,” she answered with a cagey smirk.

She immediately heard the telltale metallic-tinged voice of her father barking out her name. Rolling her eyes, she ignored Kyrel who was undoubtedly heading their way and asked the curly haired soldier besides her, “Are you off duty tonight?” Glancing over her shoulder to see the other troopers, she assumed not, but maybe they were all here shirking their patrol, unusual for the First Order military but not impossible to believe.

[member="Aren Graves "][member="Kyrel Ren"]

Aren Graves

Aren smiled at the girls response, he had to admit he was somewhat charmed by her, but that could wait. He pretended to listen to the girl as he glanced around at the other patrons, he immediately noticed a group of shady characters seated at a round table in the corner. He looked to one of the troopers and gestured to the table so he could get close to record them. At about that moment a man clad in armor, of origin Aren couldn't distinguish. The man called out to someone, surely not the girl. Aren decided to ignore him just as she did and answer her question. "Hmm? Oh, not necessarily. Consider it a, impromptu break from patrol." He sipped his cold drink and smiled as he noticed the girl laughing at his choice of beverage.

As the conversation continued he became more and more sure of the target, it was undoubtedly the patrons he had noticed before. As soon as they left he and his men would follow close behind, perhaps discovering their courier, or even their hideout.

[member="Kyrel Ren"] [member="Varas Ren"]

Truthfully Varas had come to the Pink Bardotta to drink and gamble and then, just maybe, have a conversation. Like many of the galaxies most lost and marginalized inhabitants, the brunette needed alcohol as a lubricant for socialization. Especially as a clone with no true memories of her own.

So while Kyrel became detained by a bureaucrat attempting to socialize, another type of fear gripped her, one that rivaled the sheer fact of her father already coming to Phu to drag her home. The fact that she would now have to talk to the stormtrooper, as attractive as he was on a somewhat instinctive level to her.

Should the soldier be drinking on the job? Surely not, but then again Varas wasn’t one for following the rules either. She searched her clone memories for just a hint of how to flirt, but could only find her mother’s politically ambitious quips and her father’s murderous rage. That left her with little options for conversation so she watched Aren’s demeanor and realized he was on his guard and not completely relaxed. Ah ha, now it was clear. He was tailing someone.

“Who are you looking for?”

Aren Graves

Aren's hand stopped cold as his glass was pressed against his lip. Who am I looking for? He sipped his drink with confidence and set the glass back down. It was clear the girl had figured him out so what was the point anymore. "If you tell me who the dealers are I'll give you a pardon, no harm will come to you. And maybe we can be friends." He couldn't help but laugh at what he was saying, but maybe, just maybe they could have a friendship later on. He removed his F11-D from his thigh with a magnetic zip. He used his free hand to jab the barrel of the blaster against the girl's waist. "And if you don't?" He smirked and took a sip of his water she had been so keen to make fun of. "You can guess the next part..."

It was honestly hard for him to threaten a girl that he was, admittedly, attracted too. However business was business, his loyalty to the First Order was much more important to him than a relationship. He continued to sip his drink and smiled at the girl as he pressed the barrel harder into her side. He looked over to shoulder to see that the patrons in the corner had left. The trooper that had been watching them was unconscious and propped up against the wall to appear awake. Aren furrowed his eyebrows and showed genuine shock and fear.

[member="Varas Ren"]

“Dealers? Well I don’t know them personally,” remarked Varas with another smile. The thought made her chuckle to herself. As though I know anyone on that type of emotional level.

At this point, she’d pieced together enough from her prime clone memories to assume the man was flirting.

Her steel-blue eyes followed his hands as he swiftly drew out his blaster, brows arching up, face contorting into a surprised expression.

The pistol made contact with her ribcage. “Hey!”

But as he pressed harder, Varas gave him a mischievous look and stepped towards the barrel of the blaster, causing it to dent her side even more.

“I’m not afraid of you,” she whispered in a voice so low he would almost have to read her lips to understand. But the little game they played - at least to the Ren it was - had been cut short by the stormtrooper’s reaction to his companion, slumped over on the far wall.

“Can’t handle his drinks, eh?” Varas did not realize he’d likely been executed.

@Aren Graves

Aren Graves

"No, he can..." Aren began to stand up and holster his blaster back. Like he said he had to admit the girls fearlessness was, exhilarating. And as much as he was attracted to it, and he would want to act on that however. He had to tend to his men. The soldier ran over to his men and gestured outside the door, "Move now! Don't let them get out of sight!" The troopers attached their helmets with a hiss and sprinted outside. He gasped and ran over to his downed man, removing the troopers helmet and checking his pulse. He was alive.

Aren practically screamed into his commlink to command "Get a medic here now!" He was sure the man would be fine, he was a new recruit and Aren hadn't gotten to know him yet. You're alright soldier you did your best. He sat up and stared into the eyes of the girl from the bar. His heart throbbed as he looked at her. "I- I, my men need me."

[member="Varas Ren"]

Nothing was more sobering than realizing someone had been murdered only a few footsteps away. Varas’s expression changed, her mouth tensing, brows furrowed as she tried to process what was going on.

When the brunette clone began her start in the First Order, she looked upon stormtroopers as nameless, faceless soldiers, not necessarily worthless but expendable. But given time, she’d come to respect them, to support them, realizing they were the backbone of the Order. Even the sight of them in rows of pristine white armor reminded her of the spine of a human effortlessly holding up the weight of a strong frame.

And no matter how much of a criminal underbelly reigned free on Phu, they were still in First Order space.

Varas bolted from her seat and began to bark out orders. “Lock down the cantina. No one leaves. A crime against the military has occurred and someone will be brought to justice, even if it’s every single one of you!”

Some patrons began to scurry away and leave, others pulled blasters. The Knight of Ren ignited her crimson saber as a show of force to back up her plans to interrogate each and every guest until they found the killer. She glanced over to the stormtrooper who’d poked her with his blaster.

“We will find out who did this,” she said with grim determination.

@Aren Graves

Kyrel stood looking with a scowl hidden behind his mask as he shouted but she didn't hear. Or at the very least pretended she didn't hear him. His blood was boiling his anger on the rise but listened closely with the enhanced hearing of his mask. He was more furious by the stormtrooper that dared to flirt with the Enforcer of Ren. "I do not have time for this nonsense." He growled underneath his breath as he stepped forward shoving the bureaucrat aside. He strides within the room like a beast moving in for the kill his anger boiling to a point where he would unleash it.

As soon as she barked out orders. Igniting his former blade he had spoke his voice dripping with venom as Vader's Bane was ignited. The crimson blade pointing at her meanwhile the patrons with blasters aimed as he spoke. "I believe you won't Varas! A shame really stupid girl... You realize that the Ren are of more importance then a murder and I am nearby ordering you back to the Bastion. The FOSB and the local garrison will take it here. You will do as your duty demands Enforcer!" He said as his eyes locked on the stormtrooper as he continued. "Do not even think of resisting this is not a request child. You will do the will of the Supreme Leader refuse and I drag you back personally!" He then looked to the trooper. "You trooper... I will notify the garrison commander and the issue will be resolved. This Ren you see has more important matters." He raised his blade back to the girl. "Come or else.." He said his rage being felt through the Force as if a black hole looking to suck all in his path. If she refused she would be brought back by Force. And at this point the Master of Ren was nOT amused.

[member="Varas Ren"]

@Aren Graves

Aren Graves

Aren became more and more frustrated the situation spiraled out of control. He was overcome with information as the girl revealed herself to be some sort of force user? She pulled a crimson blade which startled Aren and sent him into a frenzy as he pulled his blaster and aimed the weapon at the girls chest. However he slowly lowered it and gawked as she began to bark orders and assist him. "Who... Who are you?"

Not a moment later the stranger from before ignited his own saber as Aren lept backwards holding both of them at gunpoint. As the two began to argue the man turned to Aren began to give orders and said he would speak to the garrison commander. Aren's anger boiled as he jabbed his blaster at the man and practically screamed "You will both deactivate your weapons and step back immediately!"

[member="Varas Ren"] [member="Kyrel Ren"]

Varas heard the familiar sound of her father’s lightsaber as it shot up into the air from its hilt, the mechanical hum drowning out some of the frantic conversation and causing a hush to fall over the Pink Bardottan. And then even more familiar, the sound of his voice followed.

The brunette clone winced at his insult. While she tried to keep a saabac face his derision of her was still a pain point for her like a nightshade thorn, the poison of its cruelty causing her grief for hours afterwards.

And here I’d began to think becoming Enforcer would give me a modicum of freedom, at least freedom from the cloistered confines of Mustafar and the equally stifling rule of her father. Ugh, when he calls me a child, I’d like to… what, Varas? Strike at him as you did after he’d killed Jedi Zark?

Breathing heavily now, her adrenaline beginning to spike, and Varas threw a glance to Aren, cheeks growing bright red at her embarrassment, but her expression grew crestfallen that he’d pulled his blaster upon her again. She exhaled slowly, realizing again that social situations were not her strong suit. And I'm not your enemy, she tried to tell him with apologetic eyes.

And against her better judgement, the brunette clone was the first one to deactivate her saber. Two competing priorities rattled around in her brain - she did not want to disappoint her father. Yet oddly she wanted Aren to look at her the same way he had not only a few minutes ago when his blaster dug into her side - with a mixture of curiosity and desire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom