OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To create a troop transport for the carrier "Ethereal" and moreso for SJDF Marines
- Image Source: Ruak at DeviantArt.com
- Canon Link: N/A
- Permissions: Gir Quee
- Primary Source: Lucerne Labs
- Manufacturer: Lucerne Labs
- Affiliation: Liram Angellus,Silver Jedi Concord,The Directorate
- Market Status: Closed-Market
- Model: Cherub Class Transport
- Production: Minor
- Material: Trimantium , Argentum Matrix Armor plating, Transparisteel
- Classification: Dropship
- Length: 35 Meters
- Width: 25 Meters
- Height: 8.27 Meters
- Armament: Low
- 2 forward firing Chin-mounted Reaper Mag Cannon
- Defenses: Very High
- Squadron Count: Average: 12
- Maneuverability Rating: Average
- Speed Rating: Average
- Hyperdrive: None
- Atmospheric flight, operations, and landing capability
- Standard Life Support
- Standard Communications
- Standard Nav systems and computer
- Standard Sensors and Targeting array
- Sublight, Ion, and Repulsorlift engines
- Standard Communications array
- Nightshadow Anti-sensor treatment
- Supercharger (In extreme exfiltration situations - see "Weaknesses")
- Anti-Energy Field (Cargo-Ramp and Bay)
- Deflector Shields
- Lucerne Labs Caecius Drive system
- Lucerne Labs Modular turret system (x1)
- Lucerne Labs Blackest Night Stealth system
- Biolux Organoform Circuitry
- Calor series Bio-Computer
- CAN TAKE A LICKIN' ...: The transport is meant to be able to get Marine troops and mechanized vehicles in and out of warzones as quickly as possible. It is obvious they would be targeted heavily so the armor and defensive systems in place counter that to the best of their ability.
- COMBAT HOVER ...: While repulsor lift technology allows for VTOL modes, the "combat hover" ability allows for slow hovering movement and positioning for not only drop and extraction but air support.
- LARGE CARGO BAY AND RAMP: A Marine Mechanized roller could easily roll in and out of the loading bay if necessary, as well an entire platoon and their gear.
- EXPOSED ENGINES: A well-placed shot could disable either engine and effectively ground the ship
- HERKY JERKY: The ship is highly maneuverable, but without almost constant practice, the controls can put the Pegasus out of control.
- EXPOSED COCKPIT: It's not an easy shot at all, but the cockpit is vulnerable to a marksman with a strong weapon.
- SUPERCHARGER: The Supercharger allows for overclocking the engines, but after about ten minutes of use needs to cool down. Only for extremes
The Cherub Transport is meant to basically be a "flying tank", they can take a pounding and get to the targeted areas and either drop off or pick up their cargo. They are not fighters but any means but are fairly maneuverable for their type, meaning that they are not going to just sit there and let you hit them over and over again. Even the exposed engines are protected to not sit for hours on end, but to be able to withstand more than one hit.