Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Episode V: Akala Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where: River between field of blades and blood wastes
Who: [member="The Ferrymen of the River"]
Gear: Lightsaber, datadagger, 434 blaster, synth crystal pendant, little crystal, force sensitive stone

Maybe it was the awkward green sunlight,perhaps it was something else, but the water didn't look safe to swim across.
Noticing the many blades behind her, a thought occurred to Nefertari. She could use the hilt wrappings to lash multiple armaments together and make a bridge of sorts.

Picking up several longswords and laying them in a pile, Nef began to unwrap the hilts. If there was a quicker way across the river, Nef would gladly take it. It would be several hours before the makeshift blade bridge was complete. There was no ferry in sight, nor anything looking like one; and she didn't dare ford the river.

Patience Nef, this will bring you one step closer to Gherron.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] @coci sinonpi @everyone else

Mrrew had been bracing himself for at least a small fall... However as soon as he dropped through the portal, he found himself standing int eh jungle. The smell of wet soil and plants was all around him, the familiar chirpings and buzzes that went with most jungles. It was differnt then the bramble forest had been... It wasn't so... dead. Wherever they were, it was a normal place. They were back in the normal galaxy again. Mrrew glanced around the clearing for a moment, before noticing Thurion and Coci appering... Why where they smiling like that? Why where they so happy? Those smug grins... Mrrew had no idea why, but he found himself thinking extremely hostilely towards both of them. However before he could say a word, Thurion did. "WALKING CARPET!" Not only was the remark deragatory, he'd heard it several times while he lived on Kashyyyk. However, he didn't have much to quip. Rather the large 8'1 Togorian took a rather menacing step towards the smaller Human knight. The effects of the rift was easliy having it's influence over Mrrew, ecspecially without the force to help keep his mind clear as the other two had. "Standing around? You're the one that showed up out of nowhere after we cleared out the thorns. What wer eyou just waiting till all the work was done for you?" Mrrew was rarely as confrontational as this towards another sentient, however the cloud the rift had placed on his mind was to thick for him to even realize it was there.

(Not good at writing insults, apperantly... lol.)

Field of Blades
[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Nima Tann"]

"I guess I'm all of the above. I have my swords with me. They don't appear hostile. I can't see a weapon."

Nyos drew his vibrosaber and walked along toward their goal, keeping an eye on the Twi'lek.

"I can't see anything besides the woman and the light thing.

[SIZE=24pt]Exiting The Garden of Thorns to Dromund Kaas[/SIZE]​
Her hand gripped Thurion’s hand tighter as they stepped into the rift. The sensation of hot and cold tingled over her skin as they seemed to submerge, it was a strange sensation and made her body break out in a cold sweat. It was like her hormones had shifted once more through the stages of her pregnancy, but it was not that but the effects of the rift. Not really knowing what to expect apart from the unexpected, it was odd that within a short time they all stood in the middle of a the jungle they had viewed from the garden. The scent of the recently fallen rain filled the air as did the dank scent of rotting vegetation, organic and intoxicating to the senses.

As her feet touched the ground, the force filled her like turning on a tap to full. She took in an audible breath as she felt the overwhelming sense of its power flooding her body and mind. Her arms and legs, torso and all of her strong with the force again, this time uncontrolled and raw, a heady experience to say the least and made her mind swim and she felt dizzy. Her hand pressed again the side of her head as she closed her eyes enjoying the empowerment.

But something else had effected them all, not they knew what or how and probably never would. Coci stood watching the others for a moment, a growing contempt for them filled her heart, this confused her as they had only moments ago had worked together to try and figure out their situation and for a short time had banded together in a sense of friendship. But that was the furthest from her mind.

Mrrew stepped forward to confront Thurion and this would never do. “Back off, flea bag!”, she yelled at him moving to stand in front of the giant of a man. Then she turned on Gareth, “And as for you! What did you do that was sooooo brilliant”, she gave him an over exaggerated look of wonder, “What? too worried about getting a hair out of place?”. Her voice had lifted an octave and frightened some of the creatures and avian in the local area.

She was about to turn on Thurion but lucky for all concerned she was stopped from any further words with a kiss. Initially she thought to fight him, but soon relented to his gentle lips on hers and all thoughts left her mind.

As the kiss ended, “What is going on?”, she looked into his blue eyes. “I can’t stop wanting to say bad things”, she shook her head in an effort to rid them which worked and she used the force to control her mind once more closing down the insults escaping her lips. Never would she even think of them let alone say them. Well that is not entirely true, she would not hesitate to sling them to a Sith.

“I must apologise for my outburst”, she said with genuine remorse to the all.

“Let’s get moving now, and find a star port or something. It seems that we are back”. She wanted to get away from the rift as soon as possible but they would have to investigate later as one could not simply leave an anomaly left unchecked.

Coci’s attention returned to Thurion as she is relieved to hear Nina is safe and not lost, “You can sense her, oh that is good and yet you seem as if there is more?”, she asked as they began to walk from the rift. Using the force, she reached out trying to sense any concentration of life forms and a possible location of civilisation.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Gareth Yalthik"] | [member="Mrrew"]

Companion(s): [member="Nyos Val"] | [member="Nima Tann"]

”Get to that opening Nyos – you go where you want from there, but if it’s a way out, can you tell me? Do you have any sensors or anything in that suit of yours?”

Connor turned and started to walk backwards, turning to watch his steps around the hilts as the voices in his head seemed to get louder; his blade humming held out before him and the figure following them.

”We get there, then we wait and see who this is – if it’s bad, we make a break for it.”

He stumbled backwards, turning to see the direction they were going, and then back to the vision, both holding their weapons out. Connor felt no threat from Nyos, partly because he didn’t think he was even real but had nothing affiliating him to the Jedi or Sith and so, he thought, he was neutrally aligned.

OBJECTIVE: Fight the Witch for my soul
ALLIES: None
ENEMIES: [member="Viktoria Zambrano"], The Dead,

I would have to stay on the defensive, There was no way to outright attack her with all of these dead here. I was literally fighting for my soul. And this would be one hell of a fight. (you got the pun right?)

As soon as she said that we had a deal, I drew my sword once more. The ring when leaving the sheath seemed to echo as I brought it down on the first of the dead to reach me. Each kill had to be a death. One strike, one kill. Or else, I would linger too long on a foe and get caught trying to take out one, when another two or three were tearing into me.

The first few were easy. They were runners. Quick to strike, almost no armor, and a single cut across the head to decapitate them ended their life here as her servant, and slave. It was next the others came. Not all too powerful, but enough that I had to swing my sword a little harder and faster to keep up with the demand for my flesh. I cut them down when off to my right I could see that some were thinning out. I only got a glance to see that it was the witch herself. I spun around to cut two more down in the time that she reached me.

Training with swords for such a long time that I had what was called a "Warrior's Instinct." Some considered it a sixth sense to be able to feel where an attack is coming from. However, really it was just logic that fueled your mind. If one was coming in one direction, there was surely to be one coming from the opposite direction. It may have looked like I was anticipating their attacks, when really, it was the simple logic and thought process of turning on my heels fast enough with a blade to defend myself.

I noticed that as she came at me, all the others hesitated in attacking me. Her run for me was very quick. Spinning around in enough time to block the strike, letting the blade pass by my armpit, but scraping against the back side. It bit through the leather that was there, only enough to cause a minor cut, but enough to be irritating. While she was this close to me, I ducked down and swung my left leg out to kick her feet out from under her. Following with an uppercut from the right side as I rose to my feet.

I was half tempted to use my lightsaber simply because it was lighter, meaning I could use it in longer battles, however, with all of these physical weapons, my arm could be pretty jarred up at the end. So likely, I would use my lightsaber as a last resort at this time.

"Bad things happen to good people. Only a witch wouldn't know that."

[member="Seris Vant"] [member="Falcon Gyndar"] [member="Nefertari Sovint"] [member="Token Waters"] [member="Aton Gyndar"]

Seris POV

"You are in the land of the dead my friend... you can't die from dehydration and i can promise you shooting me wont do much of anything either. Furthermore i just saved your life as touching that water will kill you for good so i suggest you not do it or else i will be forced to plant my pole up your rear and then carry you out of this world myself. Clear enough description?" The Echani grinned at him as if to say try and touch it, i won't let you. He was not going to have someone kill themselves like a grade A moron all because they were too stupid to step once away from the water.

FAlcon POV

This one was but the one Nima Tann had left behind, his body pushing a craft down the river and drifting towards the bodies of the father, son and other as he spoke out to any of them that had gotten too close to the water. "Do not touch the water if you value your life, or you will lose it or perhaps even worse if you are truly unlucky." He smiled and started to direct the boat in their direction, looking at the faces of the three and really hoped that these three would listen to him as he would rather get living souls out of here and the dead to where they belong... but only one at a time.

Nef POV:

"What are you doing?" He had just simply appeared behind her shoulder with a smile as he stared at what looked like it was suppose to be a raft or something. The man was about 27 with blonde hair and green eyes, his appearance suggesting he was a force user of some kind or maybe the reaper himself. Either way he was standing there behind her with his head over her shoulder now and looking at what she was doing with an all too curious and all to interested look.

Nei Laa

Grumpy cat? No no no -- grumpy squid!
[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

Nei grinned. "Yeah, you look stupid. I never be stupid-looking of my own accord." But then, her grin disappeared as she thought of something. Once they left the canyon -- assuming Jacen's plan would work -- would the two still stick together? Or would Nei and this new companion of hers part ways?

Her puzzling over this seemed to (for lack of a better word) irritate the horizon, and the Nautolan felt her concentration slip, felt the whispery tendrils of temptation seeking a crack in her defenses.

If you stay here, you won't have to worry about being abandoned. You won't have to worry about who'll betray you, who to trust. You won't have to worry about anything, not if you stay. Stay here, stay and lie down for a while.

"Yeah, right," she muttered under her breath. Even so, she attempted to avoid dwelling on the "after" thought; last thing Nei wanted was to waste away here. But still, the female needed to talk about something, otherwise her resistance might crumble.

An image of those she knew well enough to call "acquaintences" floated in her mind, giving her an idea.

Flicking her tresses nonchalantly, she asked, "So. Family?" Alright, not the best conversation starter, but it suited Nei's purpose and she was going to stick with it.

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny

Just a little further. Then she would get there, to the green light, the only hope for her to escape this cursed place. She was thirsty, exhausted and a little out of her mind, what a great way to end a journey. "Why did you stop talking? I was enjoying your company." She talked to the voices in her head. It was strange though, why did they stop? Maybe she was on the right path... "Hello?" She doubted that though, the voices must have had a good plan, they always did. "Come on... Speak to me... Speak and invade my mind... COME ON!" No matter how the sounds were irritating, they were really the only ones that kept company, and now the pure silence... She started to laugh softly but a little disturbed. "You left me too... Like everyone else... Nevermind... I don't need you anyway." She continued talking, the words didn't reflect the thoughts.

The blades were getting far and far away from each other, that made Nima slow down, and a little distance away, she could see that the blades were no more. With this strength, she didn't think she could go that far without them. And the silhouettes slowly disappeared, as she got really near to her destination, the good news were... the light was still here, and she could feel the presence of the aura it was reflecting. And leaning on the last blade, she got some strength from it and stood up, slowly moving to the light, a wise person once said, don't go to the light, that it represented death. But.... maybe death was a solution escaping here. No matter what, there was nothing she could lose. "Alright, let's see what this is about." She could feel that her legs started to move unwillingly, so if she just lose the control she could collapse to the ground, and lose the game. "I hope it's not one of your games." She talked, still thinking that the voices were hearing her.

Breathe... It's okay... Nothing to lose... She could just see... the light... in front of her. She wanted to touch it, but "Oww... kark..." Her legs just gave up and she collapsed, luckily holding the ground just in time so she didn't damage the head. "Come on... Just a little further." She pushed herself to stand up, but no chance. She started to lose her balance... But her mind was perfectly aware of what was happening... Maybe walking without stopping wasn't a good idea after all... The one thing... that was disturbing her even more was she felt like she was being watched by someone. And they were near. She slowly reached to her lightsaber hilt... Just in case. She was not going without a fight.

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Nyos Val"]

[member="The Ferrymen of the River"]
When asked what she was doing, Nefertari turned around to see what appeared to be another force sensitive person.
"Oh, hello. I am in the process of making a bridge across the river. Any help would be appreciated. Before that though, I am Nefertari Sovint. Who might you be?"

Introductions seemed appropriate, even in this insane world where the force seemed to have no presence whatsoever. Nef had no idea who this man was.

[member="The Ferrymen of the River"]

Seris nodded to the white haired man she understood well enough. The river was not to be touched. If it really could kill you on contact she was lucky her armor had seals. "You just said you can get me out of here. I don't want to be here anymore than I have already been". Seris pulled the gun away, using it to pull herself up from the bank. A boat she didn't see before was beached just behind them. How did she not notice that... it didn't matter. "So instead of hitting me for my ignorance, can you help me get out"?

[member="Nei Laa"]

[SIZE=12pt]“Yeah, the usual: some I wish I saw less, some I wish I saw more,” he replied in a conversational tone. Somehow horizon was receding. It had seemed infinite, as if you could never leave it though moving between two points in space. Perhaps that was the point, were they even walking?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Just talk and walk, moron.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Parents aren’t my biggest fans, but I suppose it could be worse. Get on alright with an Uncle. No sibling, but I’ve got a lad. He’s nine now, and swings between despising me and ignoring me. Haven’t seen him for a while, can’t go to Coruscant since it fell to the Sith,” he explained. In his periphery the walls of the canyon were gradually becoming lower and lower.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You?”[/SIZE]

Falcon Rekali

F
Companion(s): [member="Token Waters"]
Proximity: [member="Aton Gyndar"]
Other Tags: [member="The Ferrymen of the River"]
Gear: Lightsaber, Lonesome Gun, a few daggers, etc.

It was indeed his son!

"Don't touch the water, ad'ika. Try to find some way to float yourself closer!"

Oh, thank whatever gods, thank the Force. Small mercies, but... what of his wife? His daughter? Such things would remain to be seen, but his son was here and while that was in some ways troubling, it still gave the former scholar some small peace of mind. It was then, that a ferryman appeared, warning him and the others of the dangers of touching the water, affirming his cautious guesswork.

"As I thought, but thank you," he said to the ferryman, as the boat that one was in came alongside the shore. He glanced at the boat with some measure of skepticism, but reason told him he could either climb on the boat or spend an incalculable length of time just standing on the shore of the river. As such, he then carefully climbed aboard... but his balance was not steady, forcing him to grab at the ferryman, "Sorry!"

Hands laid upon the form of the ferryman so that the father and husband might steady himself; in the next instant, he was gone.

--EXIT TO VOSS--

Mention: None.
Proximity: [member="Falcon Gyndar"] and [member="Token Waters"]
Gear: Fists and clothes

Eyes shaking in excitement. He was here! Everything would be just fine. Dad would get on his boat, they would both be going down the river and soon enough the two of them would meet up wherever these things were heading. Aton calmed down and sat patiently upon the tiny little plank that was his seat. His never strayed from his father, not even once.

That is, until he disappeared. A bright light consumed him and before Aton knew it his father was gone again. That of calm was gone. This really was a nightmare! Where had he gone? What happened? How would he wake up?

No, had to go there himself. He had to swim over there and make sure Falcon was still there!

Without thinking it through he decided to do what any stupid kid does and act on impulse. He got up from the seat, pushed the ferryman aside and-

[Aton has been kicked from the server. (Reason: Touched the Ferryman)]

Companion(s): [member="Nyos Val"] | [member="Nima Tann"]

Not far behind them, the green energy gave off nothing but light as it sparked and twirled up from the ground; the only sign of life that Connor himself had seen apart from Nyos. He continued to flitter between the energy source and the figure up ahead; a mirage, a lone wanderer?

”Nyos – are you coming with me? It could be a portal out of here – a way down from the surface, a rebellion or a tremor from the Force? Help me out here?”

He rocked gently on his feet, straining to make out the figure ahead and wanting to get away.

”YOU OVER THERE – WHO ARE YOU?”

Connor looked over to Nyos and shrugged.

”Worth a try.”

Nei Laa

Grumpy cat? No no no -- grumpy squid!
[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

[SIZE=12pt]The Nautolan listened to Jacen as he talked about his family. She could sympathize about the parents – her own weren’t too thrilled with her when she left home to become a smuggler. The tidbit about him having a 9-year-old son was interesting – he didn’t look all that older than her, but with humans it was hard to tell. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She raised an eyebrow briefly as he mentioned Coruscant. Good-ish news, at least for her – if he couldn’t go back to Coruscant because of the Sith, then that meant he was, at the very least, a non-Sith. But he was still a Force User, so the discount was minimal. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Nei’s tresses performed a move that was the equivalent of a shrug. “No uncle or siblings for me. Two parents, though I dunno how they be. Left home at 17, never looked back.” She made a soft hum noise, thinking. Should she tell him about her crew? The Nautolan wasn’t exactly the most open of people – in fact, the only person who knew about what happened to them was Joran, and, well, she was drunk that time. (Which, in Nei’s mind, rendered it moot. After all, nothing counted when you were drunk, right?)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Besides, the Nautolan hated people who dispensed sob stories to anyone with auditory organs. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]So, skipping her crew, she moved forward a bit in her timeline. “No kids or partners, either. But…I did pick up a kid a bit before I ended up here. Was the son of a guy I knew.” Nei scowled. “Apparently his old man dumped him off at his parents and skedaddled. The kid came lookin’ for me to help locate his dad.” Almost unconsciously, her grip on Jacen’s hand tightened greatly. Her teeth bared, the Nautolan growled, “Once we find Nomad, my fists and his face will be getting reacquainted. Any man who abandons his kid be no better than a grub.” [/SIZE]

[member="Nei Laa"]

Jacen listened intently to her talking. Half of him was listening to what she said, and her story, but a part of him ignored her blunt words and just listened to the tone of her voice. After what had seemed like days of wandering alone in the canyon, hearing another voice carry on was an amazing relief.

He stopped suddenly. Two things slammed into his awareness when she stopped talking. The horizon was gone, and there was another sound. How could that horizon have disappeared from view so suddenly? Then again, how could he have walked in a straight line up a canyon and ended up where he had started?

He took a deep breath, let go of Nei’s hand and turned around. The source of the noise was immediately obvious: a short distance away a river snaked through the landscape. To his left the landscape appeared to turn crimson, perhaps a trick of the light. He could see clouds in the distance too.

“Did that actually just work?” he said exuberantly. “Well kark. I say we head for the river and follow it?”

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
Objective: Rift of War
Gear: Republic armor, Blaster pistols, Shotgun.

The whispering wind that had no source blew across the field as he walked along. His reddish skin felt nought the sun nor wind as he looked at what seemed to be a great green opening in the fabric of this place. He checked his shotgun and walked toward the rift. Anywhere it lead had to be better than this, right?

His black boots sent small puffs of dust into the air as he followed a girl he thought he recognized. He had once been enthralled to a dragon and had worshipped a queen. He had a score to settle with [member="Akala"] for that. His paced quickened as he cocked back the hammer on his weapon and stepped through the portal...

OBJECTIVE: Akala

His pupils widened as his boots left one world and stepped on the dead black ground of Lashtu. He had to find her. Had to seek her out like a starving animal for food. Where had she gone, his love, his life and reason for being. He pined for a glance. He perished for a word.

The ranks of people formed as they waited. All had come to her, to love her, to give her the devotion she so richly deserved. Already he could feel the overwhelming power of her loving care as the force magnified inside of him. He watched as the dead world began to look like a familiar world...a place he knew...Corellia. She was taking them to war.

[member="Aeizori-Mei Kaeirosae"]

She had collapsed, and Solan just looked at her in sadness at seeing her like that. "Hey you, Aei come on, its ok we will find her you don't have to worry." He knelt down beside the girl and held her closer as his hand moved to pet her hair as he looked around. He needed to get her to ashe and soon but conveniently this is the one time he can't find the vixen. Why did he get stuck with this sort of thing all the time when he tries to help people. "Hey come on, no need to be so saddened."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom