Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Episode V: Akala Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nei Laa

Grumpy cat? No no no -- grumpy squid!
[SIZE=12pt]Location: Behelian Canyon[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt][member="Jacen Voidstalker"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Nei tilted her head, studying the individual. He wasn’t a familiar face, something which she was both thankful and resentful of -- if she didn’t know him, he didn’t know her, and that fact had both pros and cons to it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Since her voice was still on hiatus, the Nautolan couldn’t respond verbally to his call. She could, however, gesture. No one could ever say she was bad at Charades. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Watching the man intently, she moved her blasters to her hips, mimicking the position of his small pistol and lightsaber. Then, raising her guns again, she dipped both barrels down several times. If the man was smart he would get that she was essentially telling him to disarm. The move might have been futile, since the saber indicated he was a Force User (and let’s be honest, Nei’s track record with FUs has never been great) but at least it might level the playing ground a bit. [/SIZE]

Allies: [member="Arla Balor"] | [member="Verz Horak"]
Unknown: [member="Nickolas Imura"] | [member="Zavzen Sae'ryx"]

Ijaat grew worried. With each stroke the being sent chips of steel spinning from his sword as he parried. The shade, or apparition, or whatever it was, was good. If he swallowed his ego and pride enough to admit it, better than he was by a longshot. Gulping he slid his foot back and almost slipped on a discarded sword on the ground, barely bringing the blade up to parry in time. There was a sense of desperation in his movements now, overmatched as he was, but the rage began to bubble again just below the surface, giving fuel and fire to what he desire: victory over perhaps the best swordsman he had ever faced.

Turning to the side, the mandalorian spun outside of a blow to his right shoulder, and frowned in worry behind his helmet as the strange blade of his opponent actualy bit into the metal and almost cut a decent size chunk into the shoulder. This was beskar, mandalorian iron... For his worth and knowledge there were few metals comparable to it's protective qualities without alchemy, and hardly any better he had worked. Something was different about the blade this apparition wielded, and he intended to kill the enemy quick enough he wouldn't really stay around to find out exactly how it was able to do such to his armor.

Feinting a blow to the neck which was easily parried, Ijaat bit back a scream as the preternaturally sharp blade cut into the back of his thigh, right where the armor didn't quite cover. Truth be told, if he knew more about anatomy, he'd know just how close the enemy had been aiming for a kill shot with the quick and sly cut, aiming instead for his groin and the femoral artery. But Ijaat was no unseasoned and untrained bully with a bar of steel, and thrust down, ripping through thigh muscle and severing tendons from where his opponent had dropped to a knee to gain a better vantage for the cut. Risky, that maneuver, and Ijaat would capitalize on it.

There was an attempt to move, and sadly too slow, as the gleaming weapon sliced up and actually through the durasteel of Ijaats longsword, cleaving it neatly and cleanly in two with a horrible shriek of metal on metal. Stunned for only a second, Ijaat did what any mandalorian would do. He reared back with his helmeted head and gave the apparition an old fashioned keldabe kiss, headbutting the thing so hard whatever face it had under the robes crunched with a sickening and wet thud. As they tumbled to the ground, Ijaat rained blows from his crushgauntlets, over and over, into the face of his opponent.

Finally, the top of his armor spattered in gore, he rose, grabbing the sword from the limp grasp of his opponent, and yanking the belt and scabbard of the blade from his first kill. He roared in victory. The sound was beastial, powerful, and full of a dark lust for blood, and that very sound stopped him as he raised the blade in salute to his companions. This place was not healthy... Something was happening to his mind the longer and longer he stayed here, something was playing tricks with his inhibitions and all the walls against the beast he and Nyr had worked so hard to chain and manage. He would not let it happen. There was no way.

Shaking his head, limping on the right side, he tried to walk as best as he could, breathing raggedly in pain as he turned towards a nearby seen river. At least they couldn't be surrounded there, not on all sides he hoped at least, and he motioned to his vode and companions to follow him, if they would.

Possible Sighting: [member="Nei Laa"] & [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

Movement caught his eyes – squinting down into the canyon which moved downwards into the planet, Connor couldn’t make out how many figures were there…but there was something, movement, life?

Reaching out with the Force, Connor gritted his eyes shut but still….nothing. His face wore a pained expression at the result of this growing nightmare.

Running forward a couple of steps into the dusty canyon path, he cupped his mouth and shouted;

”HELLO OVER THERE!”

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Vulpesen"] [member="Daella Feanor"]

Alexandra's eyes stared down at the ground for a few moments as she heard Matsu's words, her staff already entering her right hand and her eyes focusing on the metal for a moment as she continued to wait for the woman that is causing all this to reveal herself. "Matsu, i am not crazy right? There has only been one person able to distort and control time and space and what we are seeing now is ju-" Then the voice, her eyes turning as they brightened and she dropped the warstaff, her body shooting from where she sat and running over before reaching out to pull vulpesen and Daella into a hug. She almost cried then and there at the fact they had been gone for what was to her so long even through it had likely bene no more than a few days at most.

Where: Sanctuary
Who: [member="Seraphina Shel'tah"], [member="Rael sul B'an"]

After helping move Kezeroth, Nefertari was outside practicing forceless lightsaber techniques. That would come useful later if she returned to the Field of Blades or was attacked.

Something was nagging at the back of her mind as she trained. What was it?
It hit her as a sealed envelope flew from her sleeve. She knew who it was from.

Was her love anywhere here? If he was, she needed to find him.

extinguishing her blade, she went inside.
"Ugh. I can't feel the force here, it's extremely bothersome. Are you having the same problem?"
Her thoughts rested on Gherron. "He must be worried sick" Nef thought

Sinner's Despair

" Forgive me, Forgive me" the ground thundered as he stumbled towards the little girl, his eyes glowing in a hellish blaze he could not see. The ground beneath him quaked as he burned with the hellish fire that consumed him but did not burned. The little girl continued to out pace him no matter how far and fast he ran, the spectres of his past flew around him screaming. None of this mattered, nothing mattered his heart and soul was shattered, his mind broken in grief.

For a moment....

" I am sorry... " he said as he finally collapsed from exhaustion.

" why do you cry?" he heard. His eyes were to heavy to open, his body to exhausted to move.

" I am broken, i am evil, i have destroyed myself" he said as he tried to fight off the unconsciousness that he thought would be his demise.

" You are?" the small voice said. " No don't listen to her".

" You killed me, you murdered us" the little girl shrieked.

" No, forgive me. I am sorry, i deser"... " What do you deserve?" the new voice said to him. The warrior quivered and shook as he wallowed in his own self pitty and doubt.

" Death... suffering". " Why?"... The warrior opened his eyes and saw the new voice it was the same little girl but she was different, she was whole. " You did bad once, now you try to do good.".

" I can not undo the past, i can never make up for it" he ssaid as he pushed himself up onto his hands and knees " I can not be punished enough for it".

" But why? People change, you are making yourself better. You are trying to atone for what you have done, my life can never be returned but it changed you. You have become something better, you have helped many people. The path to attonement is long and filled with turmoil and pain, but it is a path you are taking" the girl said. Arumi coughed as he watched the darkness turn into a drab gray and the phantoms disipate. The little girl stood there and smiled " Be strong, you are strong, you are powerful. You can make it, you can change the world. The wounds in your soul will mend, carry them with you to always remember why you are who you are" the little girl smiled " I forgive you" she faded away.

Arumi's heart would always be scarred, his soul always broken but yet, by the force or some stroke of luck he found the strength to get up off his knees. His eyes blurry in grief, he was sorrow but he would use it to make himself stronger, better. He took a step and he coughed, he would find a way out of this hell and make right, for some day sorrow and despair would only be a phantom of his past and not what drives him.

Roshki Belawiiks

We all have demons. I've just decided to feed mine
The person I'd gripped was a Rodian who, in my opinion, looked a bit crazed. Of course, I probably didn't look any better, what with my bloody feet, dirty nightgown, and bone in my hand. But hey! I still wasn't crazy, so score one for me! Right?

The Rodian gestured to the pool. "A woman came and said the pool would take us back home! Away from this hell!"

I eyed the man skeptically. "Oh, really? So you're telling me a mysterious woman just showed up and was like 'Hey! Jump into the acidic pools of blood and you'll be saved!' Doesn't that sound a little fishy to you?"

Now it was his turn to look at me like I was nuts. "Do you have a better idea? If we stay here, we'll die!"

"We'll also die if we jump into that pool," I shot back. What makes that one so special, compared to the ones outside?"

"That pool has a chance to lead us home! I'd take that any day!"

This man's blind gullibility irritated the heck out of me. Couldn't he hear the screams and moans? I certainly wasn't going to take a chance with my life based on something a mystery woman said -- especially since it was highly unlikely this mystery woman stuck around. "Whatever. Go fall down to your death. I'm going to find another--"

All of the sudden the people surged forward, and the Rodian and I were pushed near the edge. As he prepared to jump in, I grabbed his arm. "You can't be seriously considering what the woman said to be the truth?!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

He fought my grip. "It's the only way!" His strugglings, coupled with my stubbornness, caused us both to tumble into the blood pool.

As we fell, I couldn't help but scream, "If we die, I'm karking gonna kill you!" before being submerged in the suffocating liquid.

((Roshki is now travelling to Alderaan))

Behelian Canyon
[member="Connor Harrison"]
[member="Nei Laa"]
Ooc/ Note I'm right at the base of the canyon where people typically go mad staring into the endless waste and die. I've said I can't see the exit from here and have been unable to leave.

"Not a talker then? Yeah I've got you," he called out to the woman. To be honest a bit of robbery seemed positively mundane and almost welcome after spending days wondering this endless canyon only to keep return to this point.

Very cautiously he reached for his belt, keeping his hand around the barrel of the pistol, he lowered both weapons to the ground. He kept his hands held above his head this time and took three long strides back away from them.

"If you're after credits, I'll be honest I haven't found the mall yet," he added. Moron, he told himself. So much for his new found Jedi control and humility.

A shout echoed down the canyon, but he couldn't quite make out the words. He looked to the nautolan, wondering if she would turn her gaze to the new sound. Not that it mattered, she was too far away for an attempt to disarm her.

The pyre burned bright as Besk got close to it, he knew what he needed to do if he wanted to leave. The urge to stay and enjoy this place was growing so strong, he just wanted to sit and meditate. It just felt right to sit and let everything he was worried about just melt away. He needed to focus while he could, his heart was pounding in his ears, he was sure of his fate and wasn't about to allow this place to change him. He was a servant of the light, not a slave. With a final deep breath he runs with all haste through the pyre and off of the cliff

for better or worse his world changes in a flash of light.

Nothing made sense anymore. The Sith Lord clearly remembered as his own weapon pierced him through the chest. He remembered as his eyes closed… and nothing more. Nothing! No darkness, no light at the end of the tunnel. The closest thing he could compare it to was falling asleep and waking up. One moment his body died back on… Alderaan, most likely, the next thing he knew was opening his eyes and appearing here. There lied nothing in between, absolutely nothing, and it scared him. He never believe in afterlife. Force ghosts were just remains of a powerful Force-user’s consciousness desperately clinging to life. There was no Chaos. And yet… he knew he had died by his own hand to stop the wave of madness that threatened to overtake his senses and body. To stop himself from falling to the Dark Side, becoming its slave. It was better to honourably die than to live like an animal. The Sith Lord therefore knew this had to be some sort of afterlife. Not what he would have imagined, but at least he retained the ability to think, to speak… he felt as if he still resided within a mortal body, but that couldn’t have been the truth. He was dead.

As his eyes spied on the river in front of him, he realized he no longer possessed his cybernetic eye. Soon after this the Sith discovered his hand was in its place instead of being replaced by a prosthetic. Interesting. As he stood on the shore and watched the river peacefully flow by, he thought of his life, something he did not have a chance to do before the untimely death. While this spirit found it nearly impossible to feel anything without the body, the determination was there, along with his principles. Avreet knew he had to get back, to the world of living, help his old Master and his newly discovered ally reform the Sith and bring eternal peace to the galaxy. That was his purpose, his mission he had yet to fulfil. He could not allow death to stop him. Grima depended on him, just as Sabrina. His love and his best friend. He could not fail.

Aside from the absence of the Force, he felt quite well. Taking a glance to the right, then to the left, the Mon Cal watched the endless river as it continued to pour in front of him, as an endless cycle of life. He had to live. He still had so much to do! So many people to be saved, so many to be sent to this very place! While an overwhelming sensation of peace washed over him, telling him not to worry about anything anymore, logic told him he had to find a way out of this purgatory. As he turned around to scout his surroundings though, he suddenly noticed he wasn’t completely alone…

[member="The Ferrymen of the River"]

Neyana

Exiled Princess of Kesh
Objective: Waking up

During her transportation from Voss to the Netherworld, the girl had this strange and odd vision. Soon after seeing where all of these strange... portals are at, the girl woke up to the thundering sound of a storm. "Wha-...Mommy?" SHe had stated, and would slowly start to stand up. From the sound of the storm, she couldn't even hear herself think. She held onto her ears, and tried to drown out the ongoing storm, but she couldn't. She could still hear it roaring and going on around her. Tears would start to flow down her cheeks, wanting to believe this was just some dream.

Eventually the poor girl couldn't take it, and started to run. Far away.

Daella Feanor

D
[member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"]
[member="Vulpesen"]

Seeing her mother, the girl smiled and moved her arms open, wanting a hug from her. "M-Mommieh! W-What happened..." The girl stated, and she let out a nice, soft purr. SLowly but surely, everything around her started to make -some- sense, but not all of it. All she saw was Alex, and her mood instantly brightened up.

Vulpesen smiled and hugged his fiance, his tail wagging quickly behind him. "I found you. Thank the stars I found you! Alex, do you know whats going on here?" He turned to face around the netherworld. He had his suspicions, but he didn't want to say or believe it. The dead walking around
people saying, save us. It had to be the underworld. What other place could this be happening?

[member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"]
[member="Daella Feanor"]

Nei Laa

Grumpy cat? No no no -- grumpy squid!
((Oh, I didn't know that part about the horizon xD I guess I skimmed over it in the sub. In any case, Nei's a tad paranoid so at this moment she's unlikely to look at it. At least, right now.))

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

Nei watched the man intently as he lowered his weapons, not in the least trustful of him. Ignoring his comment about not being a talker, she tensed up as his weapons neared the ground. As soon as they hit the dirt, she ran towards him as fast as she could as he stepped back.

Reaching the blaster and hilt, she immediately stopped and, eyes never leaving his face lest he pull some trick, she kicked the weapons behind her. There, she thought. Let’s see him use the Force now.

“If you’re after credits, I'll be honest I haven’t found the mall yet.”

She had no idea why, but that comment set Nei off into a laughing fit. Maybe it was the way he said it. Maybe it was the current situation. Maybe she was starting to go off her rocker. In any case, the fit didn’t last long as the laughter (which was gravelly at best) quickly morphed into a raspy, dry cough. Damn it! The coughs nearly doubled her over, and her eyes were squeezed shut.

In the midst of her fit, she heard a loud noise echo from behind the man. She didn’t know what it was, but it helped to drag her mind back to the situation at hand.

Doing her best to calm herself down, she tilted her head up at the man (though her eyes were still closed, not that he would notice under her visor) and, holstering one blaster, stuck out her pinky and thumb, stretching them in opposite directions. The Nautolan then lifted her hand up to her mouth and began to tilt her hand up and down. It was the universal sign used for people who lived off the tap, but Nei hoped the man would understand that she was wanting a drink. After all, he figured out she wanted him to disarm, right?

Objective: GTFO
With the vantage point xe had, it was not hard to find what xir desperate eyes were so intent on finding. A torrent of souls heading its way betrayed the location of the portal, and nothing short of a giant neon sign could make the rift more obvious to the hunter. Sailing high above the masses, Laguz cleared kilometers in the blink of an eye — if xir mortal perception of time and space was even applicable in this hell — nearing the exit with dizzying speed. The red-hot pool of blood didn't look the least bit inviting, but even if xe wanted to, xe couldn't stop now. The wind whistled past xir ears as xe dived for the pulsating liquid, wondering for a moment if Netherworld had a heartbeat of its own.

Then xir body met the bubbling surface, and with a splash of red, the shapeshifter was gone.

Exited Netherworld, arriving on Alderaan.

Entering the Blood Waste From Alderaan

As soon as he took his first step into the Blood Wastes, Uri no longer felt the fear brought on by the . Instead he felt uncontrollable rage. He turned back to the rift and held the sith lightsaber up pointing it at the door but not igniting it. As soon as the Yuuzhan Vong came through Uri ignited the blade watching as it pierced straight into the creature with out much effort. With a flick of his wrist, Uri drew the saber up and out of it through it's shoulder. Retracting the blade after the deed was done. It didn't stand a chance. Even though it was clearly dead. Uri began to beat the creature with the hilt of the sith lightsaber. Blood splattering Uri's face as he did so. Only after a hearing the beeps and whistles of the security droid did he final snap out of his trance. He looked up at the security droid then back down at the mangled body of the Yuuzhan Vong, "Do you think you could head up into the atmosphere a bit and get me a survey of the land?"

The security droid whistled again then floated upwards. Uri looked down at the sith lightsaber then hooked it on his belt next to his light sai as he stood up. He finally smelt the putrid stink of burning flesh and blood. This place was unlike any other he had ever seen. If he had ate he would be sick. Stay strong. He closed his eyes. trying to feel the force only to find that he couldn't connect to it. That worried him even more but he took deep breaths trying to ignore the smell as he calmed himself down. He removed his sheet and broom handle from his back ripping a long piece off the sheet before he took the moment to construct his sign. placing the sheet on the ground and then dipping the broom handle in the boiling blood. This wasn't his original plan but it was pretty convienent.

**With the blood on the tip he went across the sheet and wrote ALDERAAN on it. He then stabbed the broom handle into the ground and tied the sheet to it to make and makeshift flag and sign.**

As soon as he finished the Security droid came back down, Uri began to go over the holographs of what the little droid surveyed seeing the boiling blood springs he already saw around him."Wait are those trees?" He looked at what seemed to be an oasis. A place to get water. He kicked himself for not thinking to bring any. Surely others will be heading there too. Good or bad. He shook his head."I need you to stay above me and lead me there. If you see anyone let me know."

The droid buzzed and whistled then headed up in the direction of the Oasis. Uri took a moment to grab the Yuuzhan Vongs staff securing it to his back with the long piece of sheet. He thought it might come in handy if this place decides he can't use a light saber. He then began to head after the Security droid leading him to the oasis keeping a quick yet steady pace.

[member="Elizie Adasca"]

[member="Nei Laa"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Behelian Canyon[/SIZE]

Damn, he thought. She was after the most precious thing he had. Water came a distant second behind oxygen, but had a clear lead on food in third in the table of ‘stuff you need not to die’.

The half-litre or so he had was precious little. Then again, he was fairly certain he’d been here a few days and hadn’t yet drank a drop. Perhaps it was a trick of time, or perhaps he would only join the endless piles of corpses around them when he finally succumbed to the infinite horizon and laid down to die.

He tried not to look at all the hollow eye sockets behind his captor, all lined up and staring out in the same direction. Jacen nodded and slowly dropped his bag to the floor. Rather than risking spooking the girl by digging into it, he took a single step back from it.

Falcon Rekali

F
Proximity: [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Seamus Valik"] | [member="Marrik Aloxum"] | [member="Besk"]
Gear: Lightsaber, Lonesome Gun, a few daggers, etc.

"Yes, I think they are, Token," he said, turning in the direction of the cliff and the Pyre, "and they need us as much as we need them."

He turned to follow after Marrik and Besk, who were already well on their way to what was deemed to be the way out. On that matter, he couldn't argue.

"Come on, let's catch up to the others."

And he too took off in a jog, that soon picked up to a run, in the midst of which it occurred to him just how many socks were strewn about the place. How strange!

Ruined City of Hr'Tal
Allies: [member="Miles Varden"] / [member="Corrin Tal'verda"]​
She never heard of his organization before now, but since she wasn't Sith perhaps it was a good thing she didn't. Being a Vahla, the Dark Side was a part of her chemical make-up, something she was born with. She had no love for the Sith or the Jedi Orders, but she had associates from both sides. And even some of them she kept at arms length. She was shook from her daydreaming when she heard the Miles say something about moving quickly and her being a Jedi of sorts.

"Jedi? Not anymore but that's a story for a different time. And you need to know something, the Force is absent here. At times I can feel it and at times its, well, gone." But she didn't need the Force to fight. She knew how to handle her weapon as it was an extension of herself. She hit the activation stud and the yellow blade hummed to life. Miles had managed to keep the creatures at a distance except for one that managed to escape his notice, but with three quick slashes she cut the plant-zombie thing down; taking precautions not to inhale the spores.

The short encounter managed to rile up the others and they now took notice of the man and woman. Ciara twirled her blade once and fell into her lightsaber form ready to repel the attackers. If she was destined to die here, then she would make her final stand legendary. "If you trust me, you'll take my hand." She looked over at Miles and shot him a smile. Genius!

She shut down her weapon, returned it to her side, and clasped her hand to his. "I don't know if I trust you yet. But you are making a strong case."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom