Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enter the Dragon

Dar’rak tried to listen to his Master and what she was saying but somehow not all of it may have been getting through. “Force lightning?” He asked looking at his hands. That was an extremely potent and dangerous offensive attack. Could he really project this ability further out from his hands. Was these sparks he felt the prequel to the actual force ability to harness the raw and destructive power of lightning? This is something he just had to know and it seemed as if Master @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] would be the one to ask.

“Master… are you telling me that this discharge from my hands is a sign of my ability to actually harness the power of Force lightning?” When his master asked him of his mental state while he dueled all he could really tell her was what he already had. “Yes and no Master. I know it is not much of an answer but right now it is all I can say without fully understanding what this is that comes over me. My body acts as if it has a mind of its own free of my own will yet at the same time I feel in control.” Dar’rak tried as hard as he could to make Master @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] understand but he was having trouble.

“I guess a better way to describe it may be like a droid who has no will of its own and has to follow its programming. But then he gets new programming and is fully aware of this upgrade. I kind of feel like that but even more so. Like I am not in direct control, but at the same time I do have control over something that in turn has the control over me when I duel.”

Dar’rak was getting a bit long winded and felt like he was no closer to trying to explain this feeling to his master than when he had started. “My mind feels focused on the task at hand, but does not feel so clear Master. Like I said, something takes over when I draw my lightsaber like a droid forced to follow new programming but is fully aware of said programming being new. Then at the very same time, my body and mind feels free of restrictions like something is guiding my actions but at the same time letting me choose the path. Then once my lightsaber is deactivated the feeling just as quickly passes as if it never was there to begin with.” Dar’rak hoped his Master could understand what he was talking about. Maybe she had a similar experience some time in her youth…

Kiskla frowned, thinking deeply about that @[member="Dar'rak"] had said about his inability to express his focus.

It was familiar, in a sense, to a conversation she had in her childhood.

Naboo
Theed : Commuter District
Eight years Ago

Antares held that for a moment before he leaped up into a near by crane with her in tow, he had left some supplies here incase the combat paused around here and he offered her water and fruit to restore herself.

"What were you thinking as we dueled Kiskla?"

“Nothing.” She replied honestly, shaking her head as she took a sip of the refreshment he was offering. “I wasn’t thinking about anything.” Her bright eyes blinked as she looked down at the fallen metal arm at her doing, a swarm of railway officials were gathering about it, and she felt a tinge of sympathy. They were cleaning up her mess.
“Initially, I was thinking that I really wanted to beat you today,” she placed her hand on her stomach and looked away grumpily. “But that didn’t happen.”
“And I guess I just kept on wanting to one up you, or just really push myself annd,” she sighed, releasing a heavy exhale. “I got lost.”

Coruscant
Present

"I can understand what you're saying," Kiskla nodded slowly, admitting. He was further along than she had been when a Master had taken her on. When she was twelve, she had been so focused on winning that she couldn't figure out how to get there.

If he was centred at peace, then that would do. But it was a matter of his reaction time. If he existed in the moment, he would be able to react to whatever was thrown at him. She would leave the idea for now, and revisit the electric currents another time.

"If your electrical charge stems from your focus, then indeed you can work on it." Kiskla paused, "In time."

tumblr_n0hprl2Yin1rd5tpdo1_250.gif

" Today, however, I'd like to explore your knowledge of the actual Force. Tell me what you know if it."

Dar’rak looked at his Master for a few moments while she spoke to him then tried to answer her question the best he could. “I am not sure I fully understand your question master.” He said with a quiet tone, “Are you asking of my teachings here in the temple as in what the force is in general. Or do you refer more to my active use of the force itself?” Dar’rak was capable of answering both sides of the question as Master @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] saw fit. He did not have to think too hard on it as if she was to train him further then naturally she would want answers to both. Still he waited to know what she wished to hear first.

Dar’rak took a seat on the floor in front of his master, his tail curled around to one side as he started. “Well Master, the force is this power that flows through all things and binds us together. We are able to know of the force and its will thanks to the discovery of Midi-chlorians that reside in all living cells.” Dar’rak continued like this as if he was reading directly from a text book. “As Jedi we use the force for good and to protect and serve the galaxy. While the Sith and other dark siders manipulate the force to only their self serving needs.” Dar’rak looked up to his master to see if he had adequately answered the first part of her question.

Hoping he had answered his master fully enough for the first aspect of his knowledge he proceeded to divulge what he knew he knew of actual abilities. “Master, from my classes and studies here I have learned that while the force in whole is a single energy, the way we manipulate it can be placed in one or more of three categories; Control, Sense, and Alter.”

Blah-de-blah. @[member="Dar'rak"]'s initial answer was standard, and she'd heard it a hundred times. She'd even recited it herself once or twice (likely more). She listened more intently as he put a personal opinion to it, reflecting the tale of both elements of The Force.

"The Sith's doctrines are similar to the Jedi." Kiskla mused aloud, pacing slightly so that the echo of her boots heels ricocheted from the smooth stone walls. "There is knowledge of The Force," the master continued, offering her two cents. As it stood, she was plagued with the weighty responsibility of being the balance between both the light and the dark. It was an onus granted to her at the tender age of eighteen during her knighthood. Now, two years later, she still struggled to control The Ones. And, she'd never believed in prophecies. She was a cynical warden to three deities that gave her unfathomable power. It was just a matter of learning how to harness it. "And there is wisdom. Knowledge is knowing the difference between the Jedi's practices and the Sith's, and wisdom is your choice to become a Jedi and represent your strength through the manifestation of the light."

"Those three segments often work together in the field." Kiskla replied, stopping her pacing and standing directly over him with her arms gesturing to illustrate her words. "When in battle, you're in control of your being. You must sense yourself, your centre, before being able to react to external forces." She looked down at him, before crossing her own long legs and sitting across from him "Everything is internal first, before it is external. You must master yourself, before mastering the force and your enemies. The second element you spoke of, sense, is recognizing the external. For example, before something happens you have a feeling through your body, do you not? A precognitive tingle that alerts you to impending actions, usually danger. To which, you react by altering the Force. This, apparently, is natural for you. Your lightning manifestations are the creation of the physical Force."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom