Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Enemy Within

Coruscant_Underworld_concept_art.png

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Marigold Marigold

Valery sighed at Marigold and tried to just usher her along. This was no time to argue with her and potentially have her resist a lot more - they were still being hunted down and they were finally getting close to the safehouse. Luckily, Kahlil's piece of advice helped her calm down quite a bit, and Valery didn't hide the grateful smile to her husband for it.

"We know you have skills, but we just need you to focus on survival right now. Which means staying close to us." Upon reaching the door, Valery gave Kahlil the go ahead to handle the door for very practical reasons, but the joy in his eyes to damage SIA property just added another reason to it.

She chuckled and watched him draw a blade to carve his way inside. She followed suit with Marigold, then grinned, "They won't see a hole because it won't be there anymore." Looking at Kahlil, she expected the rune to reverse the damage flair up any second now.

But whether or not he did, they would step inside and find a building that looked almost like a normal home. With a couch, chairs, tables and other simple furniture inside. The big difference were the reinforces doors and windows, and it was made so nobody could listen in on conversations here with jammers everywhere.

"What now? We can sit still for a while and recover our strength. There is even food and water in here. But we do need a plan to get back up to the surface levels."

Kahlil_Div2.png

No sooner did they step in that the rune along Kahlil's spine flared and the door that he'd cut through was reset. Not fixed, but reset back to before he cut it. Much to his annoyance. He'd rather have left it broken.

Ah well. He let go of that thought just as quick as it came before he found a spot to sit and close his eyes. To say he was tired would be an understatement. "We figure out what to do with our guest. You've killed a lot of people, Red Scar. That's not something that can be erased."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Marigold Marigold

Marigold scurried to the couch, securing herself a spot to relax in. With a small yawn as she wrapped herself in the blankets, she'd casually speak to Valery. "Well, we can just rest and sneak out, as long as they don't spot us and by extension, get the whole underworld chasing us, we should be fine." It was a simple plan, but that was it's beauty, as making a plan more complex that it needed to be could be detrimental.

However, as Kahlil pointed out that she killed many people, she took a heavy sigh. "I killed a lot of BAD people, big difference." Marigolds spoke, crossing her hands. "They deserved death, and if they weren't stopped they'd continue hurting others. I don't see nothing wrong here. If anything, I should be a hero, damn it!" Her words were genuine, although. Perhaps it made all the more troubling, as she was genuinely deluded with the fact that she was a 'hero', on a 'quest' to 'uproot the evil'. "Deal with the problems by striking at it's roots, you'll see how fast it'll go away." She'd scoff. "And yet you two are treating me like I'M the bad guy here, what's your fething problem? Huh?! Don't you want to see crime rates go down or something? Well, here's the damn solution!"

She wasn't good at conveying her thoughts, most of the words came as more of a insane blubbing about being the hero, and what not, it's clear she wasn't used to get into arguments about ethical and moral implications of her work, or well, that many conversations to begin with. She was a good person, and she knew it.

Valery Noble Valery Noble
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery placed a hand on Kahlil's shoulder when she noticed just how tired he was. As awful as it was to be stuck down here, at least they all had a moment to catch their breaths. Regain some strength and energy, and find a new way forward to get out of this mess and deal with the Red Scar.

Because, as Kahlil pointed out, her actions could not be ignored.

"Crime rates don't go down when people take matters into their own hands. You're just very likely to start new rivalries and have people get even more intense. When you hunt down a group actively and visibly, they're likely to go into hiding or respond far more aggressively themselves. It can help you short-term, but never long-term."

"It requires a far more systematic and careful approach."

Valery looked at Kahlil then and sighed, "I think we should bring her to the actual SIA after we get out of here."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"In the Sith, there is nothing more appealing than a rival that's been undone by a third party. Makes it easier to cannibalize and take everything that was theirs. You pulled one weed from the garden, but who says that one didn't keep something far uglier from taking root?"

There were too many layers to it all. If they could stay and protect the people who'd been taken advantage of until they got on their own feet, that's exactly what they'd do. But there were too many who needed help, and too few who could. He did, however, cast quite the look towards Valery at the mention of giving Marigold to the SIA.

"That is not going to happen. She is Force Sensitive. That falls under our purview. It's not her fault for what she did, not alone. She deserves a chance to see the errors of her ways before we cart her off to those bastards."

It was too complex of an issue for a young mind like her's to understand, so she just drilled Valery with her gaze. "SIA? What would those idiots want to do with me?" She'd scoff. Crossing her hands, Kahlil speaking up lead to her retorting with an argument. "If the whole garden is covered in weeds, what's the point in saving it, if you can just burn it down, or uh, something along those words?" She wasn't good with metaphors, all things considered. "... and what's Sith anyway, urghh... Feels like you two speak on whole another language sometimes." And the fact that she was still recovering from the chase and whatever that outburst was, didn't make it easier. Headache be damned.

Her gaze returned to Kahlil, eyeing the two Jedi as she hoped for an answer. "Force Sensitive?"

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery perked a brow at Kahlil, "Random force sensitives don't fall under our oversight, and you know that just as well as I do. I know you hate the SIA, but we can't claim power we don't have," Valery said before briefly glancing at Marigold. She disliked the SIA as well, especially after Exegol, but to claim to have a certain level of authority or power they didn't have was a dangerous path to walk, and she wasn't going to allow it.

"That said, I do agree with you. We could vouch for her as Jedi and defend her, or deliver her to more local authorities, rather than the SIA. Or straight to Azrael and make sure we keep the SIA out." They would be a lot more willing to listen to Jedi, and have them address the Force User. Because even though the NJO had no authority in the Alliance justice system, they still were better equipped to handle a Force User.

Valery then turned to Marigold and let out a soft sigh. She was confuses, and understandably so - she didn't even seem to realize she had a connection. "Sith...we can explain another time but what's more important to you, is that you are Force Sensitive. That's how you were able to bring down that building earlier. It was uncontrolled use of the Force."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil just grumbled.

He didn't want anything more to do with the SIA. Or let anyone else fall into their grasp. Azreal was better than them. Though he couldn't help but stare at Marigold in some confusion. Did she really not know anything? Perhaps he'd been spoiled or just.. Too used to being who he was. No matter where he went even if people hadn't met a Jedi or Sith before they at least knew what they were.

"You're a danger to yourself, and those around you. Not just because of the bombs you make."

Marigold Marigold | Valery Noble Valery Noble

It was awkward to listen to the Jedi, and them talk among themselves on her fate. She couldn't exactly offer any commentary. But a few more questions springed up in her mind. "Azrael? What's that...? Gosh, I'll get tired of asking at one point... I promise." Marigold chuckled nervously.

"A force sensitive, huh...? Wait, so I can repeat that...-" She immedietly swinged her hands, making groans of effort as she tried to slap them aside with the Force! Although, nothing happened once she swinged her hands. "Come on... Geugh! Come onnnnn...." And again, and again, she tried to pull on the Force, unfortunately she wasn't concentrating, and wasn't exactly in the state to use the Force either, her hands waved in the air for a fruitless endeavor.

"Damn it, guess I'm stuck with you two, then..." She lowered her head, though, Kahlil words made her thoughts pause. "Well, I don't really feel all that threatening now, so I guess you're uh, wrong?" Marigold huffed. "Are you like, too, force sensitive? The ice walls were one hell of a pain in the ass." Despite seriousness of the situation, she tried to keep up small talk going, she wasn't really aware of all the implications of the discussion.

Either way she'd end up in a cell, probably... At least, that's what she thought.

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Kahlil grumbled and Valery glared at him for a moment.

A dangerous game, she knew, but she wasn't going to let this one slide. Though, while her attention had been on Kahlil for a moment, it shifted back to Marigold the second she started talking. She was... even more confused than Valery believed, and watching her try to use the Force against them without having any clue about how it worked just made her sigh. How did someone like this become a serious problem for criminals? She behaved like a child.

Which is what made her so dangerous.

"Azrael Asylum is where we keep Force Users who are potentially dangerous, and try to help them. It's less a prison and more a facility to grow as a person." Though it wasn't like you could walk out exactly, especially not for the dangerous Sith and Dark Jedi being kept there.

"We are Force-sensitive, yes. It's how we performed those unnatural feats." Valery said before turning to Kahlil. "Feeling better already?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Rested, yes." Better, no. Kahlil turned his eyes up and around, mostly just scanning in case there were some kind of recording devices. There likely were, in numerous proportions. The SIA was as paranoid as he once had been in a life on the run from the Sith Empire and his family.

But they weren't the only ones who hunted him.

"The fact you don't realize how much of a threat you are shows how much of one you truly will be. Don't mistake us keeping you alive as something you can take advantage of. Criminals weren't the only people in the bombs you set off, and the mess you left behind only got more people injured, or worse."

Marigold Marigold

"Asylum? Do I look like mentally ill to you?!" Marigold had great deal of both fear and disgust in her eyes, there's no way she'd fit into asylum. And she'd more than likely wouldn't want to be there, plus. Who knows what kind of 'help' they offer. A weary sigh escaped her lips, and she simply, further relaxed into the couch, her hands crossed. Listening to Kahlil as he spoke.

"My bombs weren't meant for them, it was for the criminals, and criminals only!" Although all three of them knew that it didn't exactly free her of all the innocent people that got killed or injured. The words and their implications were enough to make her go radio silent, and lower her head, though both masters felt the guilt sinking in, or, the implications of the bombings cracking down on her.

The conflict, of it all.

"Well, it's not like I'm feeling like I'm taking advantage of you at the moment, quite the opposite actually, I'm sure I would have just gotten myself killed already, but it looks like you have other plans for me." She voiced her own logic, in most other corners of the galaxy she'd be killed at best, publically tortured and executed at worst. And to her, it's not like she had that much value in her life that was worth anything, especially not after she took many others.

Her tone of voice eventually grew quieter, as she sat, curled up in a ball and cocooned in her red cloak. One could just imagine she wanted to say 'you're right', or 'I'm wrong', but as if something was stuck in her throat, and prevented her from conceding. "...you two are good to go?" She mumbled, not like she felt any better. But at least, she could walk without being supported. At least, long enough for them to get out of here. Obviously she'd need more rest once she was out and safe.

Last edited:

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"You want to kill criminals for what they do to innocents, but kill innocents yourself doing so. If you don't see the issue in that, there sre definitely some screws loose," Valery said rather harshly before she looked at Kahlil for a moment. He didn't seem to be as tired anymore, luckily, because she could really use his help getting Marigold out of here. Escaping the underworld was one thing, but doing it while also dragging along someone else was not am easy task.

Valery then looked back at Marigold and picked up on the guilt within her. It made her features soften a little, knowing that at the end of the day, she was mostly just a troubled young woman. Valery sighed and looked at Kahlil again, who was still more intense than usual but at least able to stand on his own feet.

"I'm ready, yes. We should probably head out before anybody catches and traps us inside." She smiled st her husband and gestured for the door.

"You're up again."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Good."

This time Kahlil just reached up to rip the door from it's hinges and sent it scattering out into the street. Not because of his annoyance with the SIA at all. Just to hit some of the thugs that were passing by outside and knock them away. They'd been searching around them this whole time, after all.

"We'll discuss more when we're safe, yes."

Mostly because she did seem to have some regret over what she'd done. Regret for some, but the feeling that she needed to do it. He understood that, far too well, feeling trapped meant that only one path could be seen. And it wasn't always the best kind.

"Stay close."

"Sure, yeah, locking up a person with loose screws, in a place where over 95% of the people also have their screws loose, is just the best fething idea in whole damn Galaxy! That's some hyperspace leap in logic you got there." She responded with just as harsh tone, although, not exactly denying what she did was wrong. Despite having regrets and doubts, she was quite a rebellous child, taking no tone from anyone. She looked up at Kahlil though, nodding and preparing to follow along. "Let's open the door quietly and see if-..." ... And, Kahlil sent it flying, to her awe and disbelief. "Or. You can do that, right."

The Red Scar instinctively drew her vibrosword weirdly, it seemed much different from the rest of her equipment. It wasn't something that was bought on the market, and it had some specific symbols on the sheath that accompanied it, not anything like the two Jedi's have seen before, despite it's antique design, it seemed quite well-made.

Taking a deep breath and whispering to Kahlil and Valery. "I think we should go for the rooftops, if there are any patrols up there, we'll take care of em' and escape while the rest roam on the streets. The less access to information about whereabouts they have, the easier it'll be for us to escape." She was quite the cunning tactician when it came to many of her operations, despite somewhat childish behaviour from time to time, being able to think on the fly and come up with a plan during hard times was quite the advantage.

"We're pretty deep in, and we're tired. So uh, let's not get into unncessary shootouts, yeah?" There was a hint of concern in her voice, though it was hidden beneath pragmatic ratiolizing, they couldn't escape effectively if they got hurt.

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Knock it off with the attitude. You clearly have no idea what you're even talking about," Valery said rather calmly when Marigold tried to snap back. "The Asylum isn't just a place where people are locked up and bunched together. It's a place where people can actually get help. Whether or not you need it remains to be seen, but you're still not off the hook." She couldn't be after killing people like a vigilante.

If the justice system allowed such a thing to happen unpunished, things around these parts of the planet were going to get a lot more dangerous.

<I know you enjoyed that,> Valery told her husband telepathically after he sent the door flying. Sure, taking out the thugs on the other side was a good way to hide the joy, but she knew him. After the little tease, she moved quicker and made sure to keep Marigold close. The woman was allowed to walk fairly freely and even hold a weapon, purely because Valery knew she wouldn't dare turn it against the two Jedi.

She'd not make it out of here alive if she turned against them.

"I agree, let's get up there." Valery grinned and waved her hand to very abruptly send Marigold up towards the roof. A little harsh? Maybe, but she deserved it. Once the woman was down on her feet again, Valery jumped up herself and made sure Kahlil was right there with her too.

"See anything, love?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

<Nothing like a little legal property damage.>

Legal was a stretch, but given the threat they were currently facing he figured he'd be fine. Kahlil leapt up after the two, raising a brow curiously towards Valery. It seemed Marigold had a way of getting under her skin.

Yep, he'd be teasing her about that too.

"They're still looking, but they're not organized. If we treat this carefully I think we could get out easy."

"Pssh, I don't need help, aside from physical help of getting out of here alive, so let's focus on escaping then we can-..." And, she was sent flying upwards, with a yelp, as she landed on the rooftop. Her legs shaking slightly from experience, and long, wavy blond hair flying out of the hood, but not the hood itself escaping her, as she grasped onto it instinctively, seemingly careful about not showing her face.

When the fear subsided, the couple could hear her chuckle, which transformed into a giggle as she closed her mouth with a hand to prevent the whole underworld from centering on their position. "Ahahah... That was amazing, d-damn." A wide grin appeared on her face, genuine happiness too, no doubt. But she quickly recollected herself and coughed into a fist. Seemingly embarrassed and clearing her throat.

"Riiight, so. just as I expected. Not organized in the slightest, we should have no trouble escaping then, let's just pick up our pace, alright?" She spoke to them, with her blade still drawn, she'd watch the streets from above, as well as other roofs to make sure there was no opposition. And if there was any? Well, it'd quickly find out why she was called The Red Scar.

Coruscant
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

<Don't you dare.>

She was clearly a bit agitated, and she knew he wanted to tease her about it. But if he was going to do that, she'd be firing back. He had, after all, been enjoying himself quite a lot breaking down SIA property. Pushing it aside for now after a quick glare in his direction, Valery refocused and looked around. The thugs were still looking for them, but their efforts were hardly organized and they didn't have the ability to sense the Jedi.

If they moved carefully, they'd get out of here unseen.

"Yeah, let's move fast and don't stop for anything," Valery said as she picked up the pace, but she was very quickly going to regret those words. Because right after hopping to a different rooftop with the others, Valery hit a roof panel that wasn't really maintained very well. It broke in half, causing the Jedi Master to fall down into the building with a loud yelp that definitely alerted people down in the street.

She crashed her way through furniture and other objects and landed down below with a painful thud.

"...I'm okay..." she groaned. "You two keep moving! I'm right behind you!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil didn't spare a glance down to Valery as they continued forward. She was fine, he knew that much. But with the crash came the likely hood others were on their way too check it out. The Shadow would be fine to get away. Him and Marigold? Not as much. "Keep heading up, we're not here to fight." He motioned ahead, turning into a run as he sprinted across the rooftop. There wasn't time to dally in the slightest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom