Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emergence of the Light (Jedi Meeting Sullust - All Light Jedi Invited)

Mantic shifted foot and watched over the assembled. There were many prominent jedi from various orders here. He did not have a foot in with anyone in particular. He also suspected that he was not very popular among some of them. Stil, as jedi he knew that everyone was prepared to consider him welcome at the meeting.

He left his place in the back and made his way forward, to the great dome. At least he would be sure to get a good spot for the coming phenonema.
Regardless of what governemnt or organisation each jedi supported, or rather supported the most, there was hope in that so many still served the light in its various forms. It would bring comfort to them all at an evening such as this one to recognise that aspect.

Taking a deep breath he placed his hands in his sleeves and gazed outwards taking it all in.

[member="Nagate Hei"] | [member="Ryan Korr"]

As Nagate took another smaller sip of his wine this time, something George was thankful for. However Nagate still seemed nervous. "Well as long as you're learning you can improve right." George replied with a slight laugh, his joke wasn't great, but still funny. But George could still see the worry in his eyes. It was going to be difficult to get Nagate to relax and get comfortable with his current environment. However he was intent on meeting new people, something not easily done by someone that has difficulties with social chatter.

"Yes we could do that. I really only know the Heavenshields, yourself and a few others I had briefly met over my time in Voss. So it would be good to meet some new Jedi; might learn a think or two." George replied as he saw Nagate eyeing off Ryan Korr. George had no problems with getting to know Ryan as to be honest didn't know anything about the man. Learning is the spice of life after all. George followed Nagate and waited for him to make the first move. George would be there in case he was to have any trouble.

Social events were not quite Korr's forte. In fact, one might go so far as to say he loathed them. Meaningless small talk and the interchanging of lofty, idyllic viewpoints did nothing for him. The various groups from various splinter factions would all cluster around, talking about how they would make the Jedi Order great again™, but when all the talk was done with what would they have actually accomplished? Paltry little. Nothing more than intellectual self-fulfillment; the same sort seen in academia when idealists tried to solve complex issues from within their ivory towers.

Korr's features remained as unreadable as a slab of granite, but eyes the pallor of bright steel caught two unknown individuals staring in his direction. One was a too-tall Nautolan with a drink in one hand. The other... Korr's brows creased ever so slightly. The other looked like he'd been ripped out of some B-class holoflick about a Dark Jedi. Black trench coat, combat boots, an attention-seeking hair style. Korr wouldn't be surprised if the man whipped out a red lightsaber and began attacking people gathered here. So many Jedi in one place made it an ideal target. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time.

The traitor Daella Apparine.

[member="George O Rourke"] | [member="Nagate Hei"]

Lips upturned to show a momentary flash of white teeth at Trix’s response. She remembered her! Inwardly she felt a little giddy at seemingly having made an impression on the blonde.

Watching Trix’s movements with a hint of a curious eye, Joza found herself admiring the other woman. She seemed so aloof and…cool actually, whether it was her aim or not. She was like something out of a holodrama; pretty, leather-clad and dangerous. She could picture Trix sending men running with an icy glare, but decided not to voice this lest she find herself on the receiving end of a blaster. As much as she thought she’d “grown up”, Joza held onto some of the teenage girl mentality.

Booze? There’s booze? Joza’s gaze followed Trix’s gesture, turning and twisting until her eyes landed on the bar. The open bar. How had she missed that? “Oh. Yeah, I guess.” She straightened out with a roll of her shoulders, trying to look as nonchalant as possible.

[SIZE=11pt]“I thought it would be good to keep ties with the Alliance.” She scratched at her head, not really sure where she wanted to go with this. “How’ve you been?” Pleasantries were always a good cover-up, right?[/SIZE]

[member="Trix Bastin"]

It was seldom that this particular Jedi made a public appearance. Outcast by the former Jedi Order of the Republic, he was an enigma of the Force. Controversial in his opinions of those that once led the Order, and unorthodox in his belief and methods. There was no denying the rumors that followed him, his use of what was perceived as dark side abilities. He believed the Force was innately good, and only a corrupt soul could harness the hatred, therefore he justified his own use of such dark side abilities, but it had made him estranged to other many Jedi and Orders. His lack of identity only grounded those relationships, refusing to see himself as an individual, he saw himself as an agent of the Force, forsaking his name and history. He had all but alienated his children in this wild pursuit of oneness with the Force. It was after all this that the Jedi coined the name, The Dark Man.

Spectacles as dark as night shielded his eyes, his head swivelling about as he studied the assembly. As far as his eyes could see, he was the eldest there. Too many Jedi had lost their lives in the constant wars in the Chaos Era, too few lived to be his age. He gently moved through the crowd, his shoulders sagged with age, and his face set into a frown. His cloak was tattered and dirtied from years of wear. Old blaster scorches and slug-made cavities pocketed his long, flowing cloak. He was garbed entirely in black, but a flash of gold was seen from his belt. An electrum-detailed lightsaber, with hints of wintrium poking jaggedly out of the coating. A mythic blade he had earned during the trials of early adulthood, legends spoke that the lightsaber was indestructible, or so they said.

He was here for a single purpose; the unification of the Jedi. He saw it as the only true path to bringing peace to the galaxy. As the years dragged on, and the war seemed ever endless, the Jedi had splintered countless times, again and again, they divided into smaller numbers, until the Jedi were just a distant shadow of their former selves. The glittering spires of ancient temples whispered them home, but divided they would fall.

All Jedi could testify, each individual experienced the Force differently. For some it was like a fog, controlling the mists to conceal and uncover, others it was like a powerful ocean tide, ebb and flow, a rock-shattering wave or a gentle push. The Dark Man felt the Force manifest in threads of time and space, he plucked them gently and felt the connections in the room. One such soured, and his eyes turned to [member="Ryan Korr"]. The unorthodox Jedi studied the man, he was watching two others and had lost himself in an ill train of thought.

Quietly he moved, but not undetected. Time had taught him patience, even in the most mundane of tasks. As he ambled over to the much younger Jedi, his voice chirped aloud, dry and brittle, "Is that distrust I sense?" he queried.

At those words, Ryan's mind instinctively shuttered closed. He tossed up mental barricades, thick as a warship's hull, with slippery surfaces that provided no grasp for probing minds. The mind was a sacred thing. The last true bastion of privacy. Having it spied upon, especially by Force Users, was considered by many to be... uncouth.

Korr's head swung in the direction of the speaker, eyes narrowed.

The speaker proved to be a gentleman, advanced in years, wearing clothes of a uniform black. The color seemed to be in quite the fashion, much to Korr's chagrin. The scar-kissed Jedi did not recognize the man, but there were many Jedi Knights in the galaxy.

The stare lasted perhaps a second longer than polite, before Ryan replied in his clipped, cool Coruscanti accent. "No, merely caution."

[member="The Dark Man"]

[member="Ryan Korr"][member="George O Rourke"] [member="The Dark Man"]

Nagate nodded to George and began to walk towards the solo Jedi. He was beginning to build confidence when another black clad elder Jedi approached his would be target. It wasn't like he was afraid to talk to more than one person, he was terrified. How do you address two people equally and without favor in one or the other to make them both feel welcomed, and without alienating George who so graciously accepted the position of conversational aid. His thought plain as day, out for any to sense, even a novice could tell.

As Nagate approached he gave a slight bow to the Superiors.

"H...hey... hmmhmm... Hello... I uh wanted to uh introduce myself. I was hoping...uh" Nagate shook with nervousness about speaking with the two Masters.

"Hoping that we could...um...I mean...ah crap... I just wanted to talk. Meet you guys and stuff.." He tried to smile, not very well.

As the event progressed Mantics thoughts wandered on the event and the actual meaning of it. Were they here to socialize, to chat and enjoy a good show?
Closing his eyes he fell into a comfortable zone, one where he did not have to think otherwise. But as he did the constant nudging of the galactic chaos that was so widely spread kept reminding him of the bigger picture.

No, he decided. The New Jedi Order had called for this meeting because jedi, regardless of affiliations needed to be reminded that they fought for the light fore most. With that conclussion Mantic turned around and looked around the room. He knew there were many prominent jedi present, he should not ignore that fact and instead offer his respect and person to that cause.

While it bothered him that he had to abandon this good spot to watch the oncoming eclipse he made his way to the bar. There he approached the host [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] and took a bow. He was in a discussion with the leaders of the silver jedi - [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] and [member="Coci Heavenshield"] and so Mantic did not barge in on the conversation but instead awaited a recognition or invitation to join them.

Taking another sip from his blue milk, Thurion found a seat in the form of a nearby bar stool while they conversed. A finger traced the scar across his eye which had yet to fade away, still feeling the sting of it. "With the Primeval dropping off the face of the galaxy, our borders are no longer in jeopardy, I'm happy to report. I'd celebrate it more were it not for you guys taking on the Sith on a daily basis. I applaud you taking the fight to them, Jacen. There are few with the will and fortitude who can, these days." He raised his glass while lowering his head somewhat in humble salute to the Jedi Marshall before finishing what remained of his drink.

It was around that time when another casually joined their little group, a face he knew well by now. "Ah, Master Dorn! You made it," he greeted him after sliding off the bar stool in time to offer the man a respectful bow. "Come, join us," he added while reclaiming his seat next to his wife, who's hand he took in his and squeezed softly. "Jacen, this here is Jedi Master [member="Mantic Dorn"] of the Republic. Not sure if the two of you have met."

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Mantic Dorn"]

“The dark is always going to appear with one face or another. Rumours are abound even now that the Dark Lord faces a civil war from within his own ranks. As I said at the last meeting we have to hold together as they will always fall apart when times become difficult. We’ve seen the One Sith reach the peak of its strength. The collapse…will be spectacular.”

Jacen turned to regard the new arrival. “A familiar face, possibly from my Ossus days,” he said, “But no I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure Mantic.” Jacen stood briefly and offered his hand.

"Jacen you need not wait for an invitation to visit us on Voss, you would be welcomed anytime", she said just as Master Dorn arrived. Coci held her husband's hand returning his gentle hold as she turned to give him a smile, yet her eyes betrayed the concern for his past injuries not yet healed. "Greetings Master Dorn", she said giving him her attention. "It is nice to see you again".

Troubling news Jacen had to say regarding Vornskr, once more it seemed the Sith Lord had evaded death, why can they not die gracefully and stay dead. "That news of Vornskr is troubling indeed, it would appear the Sith are growing strong not only in numbers and abilities within the darkness as well".

Coci returned her glass to the bench behind them as she had lost appetite for it.
[member="Mantic Dorn"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Returning the smiles Mantic took the seat offered. He nodded to the bar keep and ordered a glass of the local wine.

“Master and Grand Master Heavenshield,” he began to [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] and [member="Coci Heavenshield"]. “It is good to see you both together again. I recently visited Voss, the planet will always be dear to me.” Mantic spoke warmly as the two silver jedi reminded him of his time spent on Voss, one of the few places not torn by constant war and bickering.
Then he turned to the host of the entire event.

“No, I do not believe we have met.” He continued to [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] and returned the handshake. “Naturally I do know you by name though Marshal of the New Jedi Order.” he inclined his head to mark his respect.

“You have organized something beautiful here Marshal and I must extend my gratitude for inviting me to the occasion.”
At this point he was served the wine and he took a sip.

“I heard your mentioning of the Primevil and their apparent disappearance from the galaxy Grand Master.”

“I have some experience with them, or at least parts of their belief system. There have been recent reports about death cultist claiming primevil heritage in republic space and I can also confirm that they unfortunately have taken great advantage of some of the refugee camps that the Republic has erected recently.” Mantics furrowed a brow at the memory.

“I fear that even though the sect might have disappeared as a major power they still linger in a more subtle form, yet no less dangerous.” he tried a crooked smile. “But naturally it is a victory to see more planets form free governments in the aftermath of their collapse.”
Shaking his head Mantic decided to try and change the subject. He did not want to be the one to drown the party with his troubles, they might be local after all.

“After my former grand master [member="Corvus Raaf"] disappeared I am afraid that I have not been kept up to date with the movements of the one Sith. From how you speak I would guess that there might be some good news regarding them?” he tried

[member="Nagate Hei"] | [member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="The Dark Man"]

As Nagate lead the way George followed, his face was alight with all the Jedi surrounding them. Although it seemed the room was so bright one of the people in the room seemed to be sucking up all the darkness. However only in view, George couldn't sense no malicious intent, nor anything less than neutral force user. As Nagate made his way up to this force user and the Jedi who Nagate originally intended on speaking to.

As they approached George could see the nervousness in Nagate, his hands trembling his steps uneven and wobbly. George quietly spoke to the young Jedi. "Now relax, there is no need to be nervous, I am right here and these people are Jedi just like you." His words aimed to sooth the nervous Jedi, but in the end it barley helped. As they reached the pair Nagate attempted to introduce himself. As he stumbled over his words, forgetting who he was and what he was doing he finally got his sentence out to the pair. George quickly followed, introducing them both as Nagate had only mentioned he wanted to. "Hello fellow Jedi. I am Knight George O Rourke of the Silver Sanctum Coalition, this is my friend Nagate. He too is a Jedi of the Coalition. Its nice to meet you both." George spoke to them both giving them both a gentle bow. As he rose he looked at Nagate offering a smile and reassurance that he was there to help.

The threads in the Force vanished, blockaded by a hasty mental barrier. The Dark Man mumbled incoherently to himself before speaking aloud, "Perhaps too cautious for one standing in a room full of friends." He gathered his black cloak about him, ready to move on. The stare given by the Master was a hair-width too long, he knew his presence was unwanted at this moment. His boots clapped against the floor and he turned to move on when two other Jedi approached.

His hidden gaze fell upon the Jedi that stumbled over his own words. Large, round spectacles observed him quietly, and while his demeanor looked menacing, a warm smile broke across his lips. "A pleasure to meet you, I am the Jedi Watchman of Nar Shaddaa." He gave no name, and Nar Shaddaa had long since been beyond the control of the Jedi, fallen from Republic hands, it now belonged to the Techno Union. The Jedi Sanctuary there had been abandoned and fallen into disrepair. Despite all this, The Dark Man remained to defend those who could not defend themselves. While outcast from the Jedi Order, no one could tell him otherwise.

[member="George O Rourke"] | [member="Nagate Hei"] | [member="Ryan Korr"]

[member="Joza Perl"]

Wasn't often that Trix felt old. But there was an inexperienced edge to Perl, evident first in her nervous twitch of a smile, then becoming painfully obvious as she rolled her shoulders and made her tentative query.

Trix eyed her again. Unusual to meet a shy Zeltron in her experience. The last she'd had the unique pleasure of encountering had, after consuming half a litre of whisky, raised several possibilities for post dinner entertainment that had made even her blush.

Never did find out what she could do with a mannequin and inflatable raft...

The silence stretched.

Trix sniffed and considered letting it sit indefinitely. After all, was clear to all that she fit this belonging like a berserker fit a ball gown.

Trying something different here Bastin...you know what's waiting off this rock.

The thought was unwelcome. Though unwelcome didn't make it any less untrue.

Trix stubbed the end of her cigarra out on the base of one heavy boot, bit back a sigh, and joined Perl in her altogether awkward endeavour.

"I'm 'orright," she said. Paused. Realised that the woman she was talking to was probably reasonably educated, and had likely washed at least twice in her lifetime.

Not the company she was used to.

"Well, yeah, can't complain really." She added by way of clarity, inwardly wincing. She clenched her jaw, took a breath, and tried again.

"This," Trix waved a hand loosely at the gathering of Jedi, the garden, and the rapidly darkening sky. "Is all a bit new to me."

She paused again before finishing, trying to find words.

"It's all so...calm."

Korr's brow rose a millimeter. He had expected and assumed a great many things about the individuals gathered here today. Bumbling bashfulness was not one of them. He regarded [member="Nagate Hei"] and [member="George O Rourke"] each in turn as they introduced themselves with a long, auguring look. At the mention of the Silver Coalition Ryan's lips twitched ever so slightly into a thin smile.

The Jedi, features unreadable - more carved marble than flesh, spoke after [member="The Dark Man"]. "And I am Ryan Korr, formerly of the Republic Jedi Order. Now with the Alliance."

Perhaps they had heard that he had held the title of Grandmaster, if only briefly. Perhaps not. That chapter of his life was closed now. Pages worn with time, creased and scarred. Words etched in blood. He wondered in what ink he would write this new chapter, or if he could fool himself into thinking it might be any different.

He glanced back at the 'watchman.'

Nar Shaddaa explains the black garb, if little else.

Nagate settled a bit as George helped him along. He must be sad to watch in the others eyes. It wasn't that he didn't try, he had no social skills of any kind. This was for all intents and purposes, his first real conversation since waking up on Coruscant. His eyes widened when Ryan introduced himself. He was a man well known in every part of the Galaxy that Nagate had seen. A great Jedi Master who rose to hold the title of Grandmaster, if only to watch his seat crumble beneath the turmoil that had befallen the Republic Order. A twinge of fear ran down his spine when Nagate felt the immense power flowing form the Jedi's presence all but squash out the others in the room, save for Thurion and this Watchman figure. Three powerful Jedi in one room.

"It...it's a pleasure to meet you both. Master Korr, your name is well known. It...it's an honor Sir!" He went to bow, only to feel cold liquid run down his chest. He'd tipped his glass down the front of his shirt.

"Aaah...cold." He shuttered as it sent chills throughout his body. Now his normally pale features were pink with embarrassment. "Forgive me sir, I'm kind of star struck...if you will. I've just never met another legend of the splintered Orders aside from Master Heavenshield and his wife. I'm a nobody here, with no Master, no friends and no talent save for Negate that Master Ike taught me."

Nagate seemed to be settling into himself, once the embarrassment was out there, he felt like he could ruin his image no further.

[member="Nagate Hei"] | [member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="The Dark Man"]

As George and Nagate introduced themselves they waited for replied from the two men. First the man dressed in all black introduced himself, not as George expected, but he had something to put with the face. Jedi Watchman of Nar Shaddaa. It was an interesting title, one that gave more questions than answer. The other battle harden Jedi then followed. George smiled as he stood beside his friend and fellow Jedi. As Nagate went to reply he accidentally spilt his drink down the front of his shirt. Something George found slightly amusing, but definitely did not sure it in front of him. "Ryan Korr and the Jedi Watchman of Nar Shaddaa, nice to meet you." George replied after Nagate had his moment.

"Many different sects of the Jedi here today. Interesting seeing where everyone is from." George continued before turning his attention to the Jedi Watchman. "So from what I understand you are not a member of any one Jedi sect... Rather a Jedi of the light like all of us here." George asked, trying not to insult the man by suggesting he doesn't have a home. He was just curious to see a Jedi that does not recognize with any one Jedi sect. However George was sure there would more than just the man in black in front of him representing this unique viewpoint.

He had never wanted to be Grandmaster, nor intended to be one for long once he had accepted the position. It was simply a position he used to sever ties with the Republic after they let not one, but two successive tyrants have their way with Republic resources. After that was over, they'd taken a vote among the High Council. Most of the Councillors had been in favor of disbanding the Jedi Order, including Corvus' own sister, Taeli Raaf. However, some small minority believed that the Jedi Order still had a purpose. Korr had left them to their own designs.

Korr frowned, still standing at parade rest, with hands clasped behind his back and spine ramrod straight. He opened his mouth to speak, then stopped, frown growing deeper.

"No one is a nobody. And I'm neither a legend, nor a sir. 'Master Korr' is fine. Having little affinity for Force powers does not leave one absent of skills. The Force is not required to be a capable negotiator, for instance. However, you said you were trained by Master Ike. Do you speak of Matsu Ike, the butcher of Manaan?"

[member="Nagate Hei"] | [member="George O Rourke"] | [member="The Dark Man"]

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] [member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Jacen sighed. "A shame that Master Corvus vanished. Her sister has been quite distressed. One of many losses we've suffered recently.

"There's a lot of movement within Sith territory. We feared another attack, but signs point at an internal struggle. Plenty of good people not happy about the Sith regime reporting the Dark Lord surrounding his fortress with a large force. I'm hopeful they might tear themselves apart yet."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom