Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emergence of the Light (Jedi Meeting Sullust - All Light Jedi Invited)

[member="Ryan Korr"] [member="George O Rourke"] [member="The Dark Man"]

Nagate bowed again to Master Korr. He looked back to George with a confused look at the mention of his Master's alleged nickname. Nagate didn't know Master Ike outside of training and exploration missions. He'd never spent any time with her.

"Yes that is her name, but the pseudonym is unfamiliar to me. I'm afraid I don't know her past, nor present state of being. Mm...Master Korr. I have little confidence as you may well have deduced. But, where would this Butcher of Mannan have come from? Aside from its supposed system?"

The name worried Nagate, had he really been trained by a master with such a title?

[member="Nagate Hei"] | [member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="The Dark Man"]

As George listened to Master Korr's reply a confused look came over his face with the mention of the 'Butcher of Maanan' When did this happen? George had worked alongside Master Ike on a few missions and she was a great help in the creation of his first lightsaber, and second one. Especially with the founding of his crystals. As Nagate looked over at him he shrugged his shoulders, displaying his lack of knowledge about the subject.

"Never heard of her by that name either... Sounds like an interesting story though." George added as his friend Nagate finished his sentence.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/21041-vlk/

Korr raised an eyebrow. “I see. So you haven’t heard. No one warned you? Perhaps that is the Silver’s way. Forgive and forget.”

A purse of the lips, then, “Many holocrons and other data devices of the Jedi Order have been infected by the VLK virus. The Silver Jedi must not have had as severe of an infection as we have. Or maybe they kept it quiet. I don’t know. The virus itself is harmless, only interrupting occasional data streams to display to the user clips of footage. A mild annoyance at worst. But the content it displays is… unsettling. Video clips from Unreal City and Ahto City. In Unreal, the footage shows an earthquake killing Sith POWs. An earthquake created by Matsu Ike.

“What it shows on Ahto is worse. A massive storm, conjured by the Force, wreaking havoc in the city. Part of the city breaking off, sliding into the ocean. Thousands dead. At the epicenter? Matsu Ike. I didn’t believe the videos at first. I was suspicious. After all, it could have been a ploy by the Sith. So, I investigated in the Jedi archives, looking to verify. Unfortunately, it was all too true. The footage was real. The Council had granted Ike some leniency, a parole if you will. A parole she broke. I believe it was when she sold Jedi holocrons at auction to the highest bidder. In any case, she was banished from the Jedi Order by Grandmaster Kiskla Grayson and the High Council. That is why she is with the Silvers now.”

Ryan’s jaw tensed. “We have short memories. Some might say she’s earned forgiveness. Maybe so, I could not say. I do not know her personally. What I do know is that she slaughtered thousands of innocents on Manaan and when confronted by the Council proved unrepentant. You should know that that is the woman who trained you, even if time has changed her.”

[member="Nagate Hei"] | [member="George O Rourke"]

Nagate went from, 'gaining confidence' to 'I think I'm gonna hurl' in 2.4 seconds. He set his drink down on a passing waiter's tray, slack jawed and almost cross eyed as he attempted to recall Master Ike even showing any emotion other than contention. Believing she was a mass murderer was hard to take on, but many a times had he questioned her use of certain abilities. Ones that would drive a Jedi to the Darkside. Which was hard for a Silver or Grey, they couldn't care less what side they're one.

"Wow, um...uh...this is news to me. I'd never heard of these stories. That's terrible." Nagate replied solomly.

"Can you tell us more about her?

[member="Ryan Korr"] [member="George O Rourke"]

[member="Nagate Hei"] | [member="Ryan Korr"]

As George listened to Ryan talk about Matsu, he was sure they were talking about different people. "Master Ike? Never... Really?" George was left in a state of shock. They didn't know each other long, only searching with her for a short while in which he found his crystals that now make up his lightsabers... "No..." George still couldn't believe it. Neither could Nagate by the look on his face. Just as, or even more confused than George. "Master Ike a murderer.... I couldn't imagine her summoning such enormous abilities... Although she is someone I haven't really gotten to know." It seemed like although many knew her, many didn't really know much about her.

The shocked expressions told story enough. Korr didn't know whether to be satisfied that they seemed to actually be taking the news seriously, or angry that no one had ever told them. His jaw clenched and unclenched, muscles writhing.

"Maybe she has changed, or maybe she hides it well. On Unreal City, at Metalorn, the Republic as a whole were particularly... callous. When we fight beings who are willing to take extraordinary measures to destroy everything we love, it becomes hard not to use similar methods. Some prefer not to think of themselves as murderers, labeling the victims as casualties of war."

His lips twitched.

"Think about the powers she used. Storms. Tornadoes. Destructive forces of nature, difficult to control. Yet, as I said, I do not know her personally. But next time you encounter her, think on what I said. We should be wary most of those we think our friends. The traitor Daella Apparine is proof enough of that."

[member="Ryan Korr"] [member="George O Rourke"]

Nagate gulped down a lump in his throat and pondered on what he'd just learned momentarily. Master Ike was some sort of loose cannon, he knew that, her problem solving skills usually involved hitting something until it worked how she desired. Like the locked door during their last mission together. Magnate had come up with a simple solution, then Master Ike broke the door.

"thank you for sharing that with us Master Korr. It hurts to think about, but the truth is liberating. I hope, as her former student, that I do not follow the same path. I'd ask that if I were to slip, that you two wouldn't hesitate to correct me. And I'd do the same for you."

That lump in his throat was the pride he'd felt being her student, now he needed to remove it from his body should he suffer the same fate. It was a moment he'd hope to move past quickly, so changing the subject...

"Well, might I ask what the mighty Master Ryan Korr has chosen to occupy his time with now that the GR Order has splintered?"

Hopefully that would be a more positive subject.

[member="Nagate Hei"] | [member="Ryan Korr"]

As Master Korr continue to talk about Master Ike George felt a little better that the little time he had spent with her. Although he was still unsure what to believe, although in the end, no one had told him different. As George thought about it for a sec, he didn't reply, just waited.

As Nagate spoke more it was clear his confidence was increasing. George thought it was good to see, bringing a smile to his face after the sad news he had just heard. He had the right idea though, change the topic and bring up the mood again. He listened to Korr's reply was it would be an interesting one.

The news of a Sith civil war had reached Sanctum space through early reports, but it was good to hear it was not just another rumour. "I say leave them to thin their own ranks as they please. Sith have always been prone to in-fighting and backstabbing. The old Empire saw to its own destruction because of it, and with luck these One Sith will face the same fate in due time." Thurion had long since given up on any sort of understanding on Sith politics. A society built on hatred and corruption can never last, so why they choose to form such governments is beyond him.

"I am sorry to hear about these Primeval worshippers, Mantic. I guess it should've been expected that evils of such magnitude would not wane in an instant. Has the Republic taken military action against these cultists?" Thurion waved the bartender over for a refill of his blue milk while offering Coci a quiet smile and a kiss upon her hand.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Mantic Dorn"] | [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] [member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Jacen tilted his head from side to side, considering Thurion's advice. "Perhaps. Leave them alone long enough and someone will come out on top and galvanise them. We need to time the strike back to make them realise what it is to lose. If they're divided and under pressure, they'll scatter."

Mantic stroked his beard and pondered [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] s words. There was no question that the Silver sanctum was the nation most succesful in maintaining peace around its borders, more so now when the primevil had been dissolved, but even that power had chosen to focus more on the mandalorians thant the silvers during their prime.

"I agree with you Master heavenshield." Mantic added with a slight nod of his head. "However, while biding ones time is a sound strategy we must not forget that by each passing day we in that case allow much suffering go unapoosed." Mantic sighed some and looked deep into his glass.

"Let us say that the current sith empire, the one called the One Sith will self-destruct in time, lets say a few years even. The suffering caused by them within their borders during this time is not soething we can turn a blind eye to. Maybe large scale invasions are impossible... But something has to be done to assure the galaxy that the light will always oppose the dark, however grim the odds appear."

He bit his lip somewhat, he might be out on thin ise here and he meant no disrespect, he merely wished to forward the conversation and perhaps help the idea of [member="Jacen Voidstalker"] to come together somehow.

"Whatever nation a jedi serve, I think that to work together to defeat the sith must be our prime goal."

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

The Jedi Master raised an eyebrow. He was used to many things being thrown at him in social situations. Flattery was not one of them.

"Without my duties on the High Council, or as Grandmaster, I've found more time to spend on missions. We have grown lax in our war against the One Sith. I fear in the wake of their civil war they have come out stronger and our opportunity to strike is past. Still, new metal is often brittle. I think we'll see soon enough."

His face remained impassive. To him, life outside the mission was anathema. The two were one. The Temple on Coruscant was gone. Most of his friends were dead. He had very little left to him but that mission. Very little indeed.

Positive subjects with Ryan Korr are few and far between.

"How have the Silvers fared in the eternal war?"

That being the war between Jedi and Sith. The one that Ryan fought with all his might.

[member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="Nagate Hei"]

As Ryan explained his new activities with his new found time it was slightly alarming to hear of the sadness in his life. He didn't say it directly, but George could feel the loneliness of the Master Jedi. His missions seemed eternal and unforgiving. However his thoughts on the internal beef with the One Sith was an interesting one. "That is always possible, but I feel as though there are more likely to end with a considerably weaker force, full of inexperienced acolytes." George wasn't very well versed on Galactic political matters, but in not knowing the whole situation it seemed his response was reasonable. "Of course they will recover eventually, but I think our best time to strike is near." George referred to the moment where both internal sides were at their weakest, near the end of their war.

As Ryan then turned the attention to he Sanctum, asking how they were faring in this war. "It has been rough, everyone at some stage has been out on the front lines against the Sith, however this is more either protecting allies, such as the Alliances or taking it to the Sith directly. We are pretty safe on the other side of the Galaxy, but we still feel we need to help those who don't have the luxury of space." George replied thinking about how literally everyone had been fighting this war. From the Grandmaster to the younglings, no one was safe from it.

Nagate hesitated to answer. He'd only been in one true fight against the Sith. Lately he'd been on missions of discovery with the Expeditionary fleet. He'd discovered ancient Jedi ruins and even bolstered his power by learning the Force Negate ability along the way. Instead he shied away from the question. Rubbing the back of his neck like a youngling unwilling to answer his father.

"I...uh...agree...I guess. The infighting is not always a way to...uh...weed out those who...are uh...weak." He trailed off at 'weak', as he'd never proven himself in battle. He'd faught natives during his only dominion and staved off a rampaging Sith during a skirmish, but that's it.

He saw himself as no more than a beginner amongst these two masters. His Force signature must've been as small as a womprat.

[member="George O Rourke"] [member="Ryan Korr"]

"Of course," a shadow fell over Korr's features, a darkening cloud looming on the horizon of his thoughts. Gray eyes grew hard as edged steel. "Enjoy that safety. A precious thing to have in these times. The Republic felt much the same, years ago. Until they came and sundered the Temple, took Coruscant, the 'Jewel' of the galaxy."

While the Silver Jedi abandoned us in our hour of need. Memory of that betrayal stung almost worse than that of Apparine. Closed lips pressed firmly together, floodgates that held back a tirade of bitter depths. The shutters of his mind pressed tighter, concealing the ever-storm that raged within. Where were you? He wanted to cry, grab them, shake them, though he knew they had likely not even been in the Silver Jedi at the time. Not their fault. He knew, and yet he was screaming on the inside for an absolution. A scapegoat.

His face remained but a shadowed mask, more stone than flesh. He did not trust himself to speak further.

[member="Ryan Korr"] | [member="Nagate Hei"]

As Nagate added his own thoughts to the matter it wasn't all that different from Ryan's and himself. Although it could be seen that he really didn't know much on the matter, he got caught up in his words again as he tried to get them out. George sat there listening as Ryan responded before going quiet, thoughts were running through his head, but no words coming out of his mouth. George was curious, but unsure of how it would go. "We shall, for now we are safe, but in due time, I am sure we'll end up on the Siths front door, or them on ours. I like to think we are prepared for it." George replied as he pondered the through process of those two Jedi around him.

Nagate couldn't think of what to say to such a dark comment, even though Master Korr was a closed vault mentally, he could feel the emotions behind the words. How heavy each was, it made it seem ominous.

"Huh, well, I suggest we then try and make the most of the peace that we have whilst we have it, no?"

He held up his glass, To Peace, and the eventual defeat of the Darkness. He knew how cheesy it may have sounded, but it was the most positive thought he could come up with.

[member="George O Rourke"] [member="Ryan Korr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom