Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Elite Horde Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucrezia

Vong-formed Imperial Knight/Joiner drone/Imperial
OCt9rWC.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Vong RIfle
  • Size: Large
  • Weight: Extremely Light
  • Ammunition Type: Shaped sparkbee's
  • Ammunition Capacity: Extremely Small
  • Effective Range: Extreme
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Damage Output: High
  • Recoil: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Lightsaber resistant casing
  • Multi Weapon System: Designed with combat expertise, the combat rifle is able to switch modes of fire for its middle system and become an all purpose primary weapon.
    • Thud: One of the primary creatures fired and operating on a similar scope to a thud bug launcher but its homing isn't as impressive. The ability to fly back to its master doesn't happen as the velocity can smash it when it thuds against something.
    • Razor: Shaped from the spark bee and kept in a bladder sack with nine others it is used for going after lightly armored targets and unarmored ones. The homing isn't as useful from the speeds it is being fired out of the rifle at but the exitation of propellent and honey can be just as dangerous when used against vong armor.
    • Snap: A semi flash bang and able to explode in a bright blast of light and sound. The premature detonation of it when it comes out is a common problem and one has to be careful.
    • Blast: Shaped to be a homing missile almost and for plain destruction of some armored target
    • Glups of honey: Acting as a seal for the bladders a small amount usually fires with the bugs and can be very flamable against vong crab armor.
    • Upgrade space: Designed in the rifle and slotted to be used when additional upgrades are needed or found.
  • Conversion Bubble: Experimental and designed to convert matter in the air quickly within several meters. Breaking down into raw matter and energy into power that is able to be used to fire.
  • Universal Field Kit: Designed with a universal field attachment, allowing it to breakdown and incorporate other technologies and weapons into itself to repair its own casing or internal parts. Upgrrading and attachments can be done with the materia incorporating more advanced technologies safely.
STRENGTHS
  • Self Repairing: Designed to repair itself over time, maintain itself long after its user is gone and be passed down through families or militaries.
  • High Quality: Designed with the materia from Sasori and vong coral. It is able to withstand blows from a lightsaber.
  • Internal Reactor: Designed with its own reactor to provide power to the shots themselves.
  • Can be fired Underwater, in vacuum and near anywhere else environmentally.
WEAKNESSES
  • Built in power source: Designed with its own internal power source that maintains the small habitation of the bees and if damaged is able to explode.
  • Self Repairing: Built with a the ability but depending on the amount of damage done it can take moments like with stresses from use or weeks if highly damaged.
  • Splash Damage: While designed to handle targets with deadly accuracy the shots are dangerous and highly explosive. Splash damage against allies and enemies doesn't discriminate.
  • Living Ammo: Sparkbees are living things and feed from the envinronment and rifles organic materia reserves.
DESCRIPTION
Created to be a special weapon for the trusted and skilled within the horde. The sparkbee biot launcher isn't that impressive. The semi automatic firing of the bee's shaped biots propels them in their various types at a speed similar to a slug thrower. The bladder sacks they are kept in is loaded on the front under the barrel piece made from coral with the small sacks being used to separate the different bee's. The biots in the coral that are designs can create a seal over the different bladders of bugs with is saliva to seal in the freshness and the biots. The rifle can then select which bladder to open and use for firing depending from how the user treaks its nodules on the side.

Small pockets are in the bladders allowing air and the bee's to breathe are cut into the side so they will not die. The firing mechanism uses a couple vong biots to coax a gag reflex from the creature creating a noxious propellent that interacts with sparkbee honey creating the firing mechanism that launches the bugs with a small glup of honey and vomit. In the rare case some of the creatures survive usually if they miss and don't impact with an object able to smash their exoskeleton killing the creature. The honey can minorly weaken and eat away at their bodies as well, making it so that most will not survive long outside of the rifle or bladders.

Last edited:
@[member="Lucrezia"]

1) Are sparkbees something you came up with, or is there a precedence for them?
2) Are the bees launched from the rifle, or do they fly out of it?
3) How fast do the bees naturally fly and (if launched) how fast do they move while launched from the rifle?
4) If they are launched from the rifle, how do their wings not shred from the speeds and rough treatment of being fired from a rifle?
5) what are the limitations of the 'homing' abilities of these bees?
6) Do the bees return to the rifle if they miss their target?
7) How do the bees know not to attack the person holding the rifle?
8) Can the bees breed naturally if they manage to escape into the wild?

On the whole, I like the idea. I just want you to clarify a bit more about the bees and how they compare to the biot bugs you appear to be basing them off of.

Lucrezia

Vong-formed Imperial Knight/Joiner drone/Imperial
  • Sparkbee's are canon, their honey is a delicacy and hazardous to crab armor. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sparkbee
  • They are launched
  • There is no speed that I have been able to find in canon for them natuarlly
  • working on this
  • I do not know where you got homing from
  • No they do not return they are going to be dying
  • Suspension of disbelief..... No I will elaborate
  • Yes if they escape they can breed
@[member="War Hydra"]

@[member="Lucrezia"]

XD I love that. Flammable honey.
My mistake. I assumed you were using a literal 'bee' sized creature that was based on the other 'Vong projectiles. I didn't notice that it was the other way around.
The 'homing' feature I was speaking about was their tendency to fly towards a target if the thrower missed his aim.
My only real issue here is that the biots listed are mainly used as thrown weapons, and this poor little bug is being launched from a rifle. I still love the idea, but would like some clarification.

What mechanism actually launches the bees from the projectile? A sudden burst of gas, like a Gauss rifle?
What effects do the sparkbees have once they impact a target? And how do they cause this effect?

Acidic blood, explosive chemicals, sharp/jagged carapace, giant spike on the forehead, exc... I'd love some details on the physiology of each bee and how that physiology effects its tactical value as a projectile. Also, since they are bees, please come up with a few details about their stingers and the effects of being stung by a bee, should it survive being fired into the air or something.

Can you go through an touch up on some of the grammar and spelling?

Please specify the 'damage potential' of this weapon and ammo types compared to other weapons.

Please elaborate on te damage/effect of each type of bug when it strikes a target.

Please specify how each ammo type effects armor of different values. Like, what's the strongest armor value each ammo type can penetrate in a single shot.

FACTORY MODIFICATION TEMPLATE
Submission Name: Ranger's Projector
Link to Submission: Ranger's Projector
Reason for Factory Modification Request: updates

Submission Name: Ranger's Wrist Rocket
Link to Submission: Ranger's Wrist Rocket

Submission Name: Bevik be te werda'vod
Link to Submission: Bevik be te werda'vod